Final Fantasy XII: Been Playing For A While, But Have Some Concerns...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Final Fantasy XII: Been playing for a while, but have some concerns...
Final Fantasy XII: Been playing for a while, but have some concerns...
 Fenrir.Dramanue
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-12-23 12:56:55  
Are there any items (Loot) that shouldn't be sold? The only items I've been holding onto are things like Teleport Stones, Zodiac Gems, Black Orbs (even though I've already defeated Shadowseer and all the gods in the Pharos), Unpurified Ether, Horakhty's Flame, and a few other random items that seemed "rare" to me.

I know that selling Loot to stores unlocks special equipment, but I don't know if I should be holding onto specific items for future quests. I'm at the point right before I board the Bahamut for the final battle. The only final weapons I own are the Masamune and the Excalibur. I have all but five summons: Ultima, Chaos, Cuchulainn, Zodiark, and Zeromus. I'm stating this so I'll know whether I should be holding onto items or not (just in case they're used for quests).

Lastly, I heard there's an entite enemy in the place where you fight Shadowseer but don't know how to get up there after defeating him. I got up to him the other day by selecting "Unknown" from the elevator menu, but that option is no longer present to me.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-23 12:59:31  
STFU :0
[+]
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-23 13:06:50  
I went through that entire game wondering that same thing and I dont think I ever sold anything I regretted :P if you got it in multiples sell it lol
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-12-23 13:14:58  
Loot is, by design, your primary source of income. As such, it's meant to all be sold, except for a few items.

Besides the ones you mentioned, I believe the only other item you shouldn't sell is Great Serpentskin from a snake hunt near the beginning, as it's used for a quest and you can only get it once.

Other than that, all other items necessary for bazaar buys are farmable in some way.

As for the Entite in the Henne mines, you need to have, I believe, 10 espers, then talk to Geomancer Yugelu in Jahara. He'll give you a key to open up a gate in the Henne mines, near where you fought Fafnir. Leads to all kinds of high-level mobs and the Zodiark esper.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-12-23 13:30:49  
I can't get Zodiac spear anymore ; ;
 Cerberus.Sifridus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-12-23 13:34:56  
Sure you can Dubont, SE isn't THAT bad to only supply the game with one Zodiac spear. Save your file at the crystal inside those mines which have the four way doors. the ones where only two are open at a time and each time you flip a switch the other two open/close. Anyway there's a chest in those mines which have literally a 1% chance to have the Zodiac Spear, open it and if it's not the spear, reset, reload, retry.

honestly though, you should just start the game over.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-12-23 15:29:17  
I really need to play this game again, it was pretty fun. Plus I forgot half the story since it's been a LOOONGGGG time since I played any Final Fantasy that wasn't 11.
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-23 15:49:27  
i bought this game the day it came out.. Wrecked my bike otw there.. Note: Never Ride a bike thats to small for you, in sandels...

@_@ ive yet to even beat this game or unlock anything, but well i was playing it, i don't beleave i came acrost more then 10 items i never sold some where mentioned above, also >.> did you get that xodiac spear or w/e >.>'' (don't open this chest) "whoops".... =p
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-12-23 16:03:46  
The way you get the first Z.Spear is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE lol. I mean, when you see a chest in a Final Fantasy game you're first instinct tells you to get the treasure that's inside, and if it's blocked or inaccessible you continue the game until you get something that's lets you get to it...then you get it. I've never skipped any chests in any FF game and I didn't plan on it when I started this one lol.
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-12-23 16:51:22  
indeed i hit every chest i found, then i whent to my friends house (he has the guide) and he was like (oh you get that Z spear?) I Was like "huh..?"

XD he opened the guide book, showed me an i was like ... . .. . wtf! .. ""sigh"" xD ***even with the guide book, he still didnt get it, he was reading the Guide, looked up, opened the chest, looked down at the guide, turned the page & It was like (Btw don't open that chest) "HA!"

infact, now that i think on it, i think im at one of the bosses where useing the Z-spear would basicly obliterate it @.@

1st play thru was about 40 hours level 20 ( i used code breaker barely got 25% of the way in to the game..) 2nd try, Lvl 40. 20 hours by the time i got to the same place, =P don't cheat Unlimited LP kinda makes you not wana fight things XD
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-12-23 19:14:35  
Siren.Enternius said:
As for the Entite in the Henne mines,...
I meant in the Pharos, up where you fight Shadowseer. o.o; Sorry for the confusion. I'm looking for the one that drops the Magi Staff. The option to go up to where the Seer is is no longer on the elevator list. All I get is Penumbra, Umbra, and Abyssal.

I see a lot of talk about the Zodiac Spear, and although I know it's the game's ultimate weapon, I really don't think I want to get it. o.o; Maybe it's just not for me. I dunno.

Fairy.Blackmist said:
1st play thru was about 40 hours...
Yeah, I think there's something wrong with me. I've had it since it came out as well.

[+]
 Pandemonium.Raudy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Raudy
By Pandemonium.Raudy 2009-12-23 19:37:21  
the best thing to do for having/acquiring all the nice stuff is to keep up with the clan hunts. getting the genji gear is fun/challenging. not to mention spending 5 hours straight fighting rank V-VII rare hunts and reaping some serious rewards.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-12-23 19:46:49  
Pandemonium.Raudy said:
the best thing to do for having/acquiring all the nice stuff is to keep up with the clan hunts. getting the genji gear is fun/challenging. not to mention spending 5 hours straight fighting rank V-VII rare hunts and reaping some serious rewards.

I'm just missing a few of the elite clan hunts: Belito, Behemoth King, and Yiazmat.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ktjrn
user: Ktjrn
By Fenrir.Ktjrn 2009-12-23 20:49:19  
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Pandemonium.Raudy said:

I'm just missing a few of the elite clan hunts: Belito, Behemoth King, and Yiazmat.

have you done the hell wyrm in sochen cave palace yet? thats a very good fight as well

also omega mark XIII
[+]
 Cerberus.Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-12-24 11:45:43  
I hated so much finding Omega Mark XIII, that damn crystal is so confusing to navigate. However Yiazmat............ good luck. Took me roughly 10 hours of fighting him to down him. Not all in one sitting but yeah. That's with all 99 characters, Masamune, Zodiak and some other crazy hard-to-find/get gear.
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2009-12-24 12:25:59  
Cerberus.Sifridus said:
I hated so much finding Omega Mark XIII, that damn crystal is so confusing to navigate. However Yiazmat............ good luck. Took me roughly 10 hours of fighting him to down him. Not all in one sitting but yeah. That's with all 99 characters, Masamune, Zodiak and some other crazy hard-to-find/get gear.

well i plan on soloing him with using only Bosch gunna be interesting XD
 Cerberus.Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-12-24 12:49:24  
Omega or Yiazmat? O_o
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-12-25 08:33:35  
Cerberus.Sifridus said:

bazaar loots faq; http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/459841/46022
crystal map; http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/459841/46722

Yiazmat I usually used 3x Yagyu darkness (name might be wrong, best katana off the bomb NM)to speed it up. Helps a lot since he's weak to dark.
Set gambits; afk for 90mins.
 Kujata.Akeda
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-01-03 18:23:28  
Asura.Patriclis said:
well i plan on soloing him with using only Bosch XD

Actually it's Basch.
I'd like to say more but I'm memorized by Tallulah's avatar at the moment.
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-01-07 08:37:27  
Cerberus.Sifridus said:
Omega or Yiazmat? O_o

Yiazmat

Kujata.Akeda said:
Asura.Patriclis said:
well i plan on soloing him with using only Bosch XD

Actually it's Basch.
I'd like to say more but I'm memorized by Tallulah's avatar at the moment.

Yeah i haven't played my char in like half a year, so meh.
 Asura.Bismuth
user: Xalioniaf
By Asura.Bismuth 2010-01-13 15:51:33  
Wait, you're not suppose to sell Zodiac Gems?
What are they used for?
 Fairy.Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-02-11 11:23:44  
Dam re-reading this makes me want to play this again.

might have to barrow brothers ps2 n find my old memcard