Evasion+ Vs Evasion SKill +
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-29 18:33:44  
Odin.Lowblow said:
You guys are giving him false info ><

Evasion Skill will only do so much. You can stack straight skill and at some point, you wont get any more evasion.

You need to use some regular Evasion gear also to raise your base.

Think of it as a cup of water. Adding skill makes the cup bigger, but its still the same amoutn of water. Raise the water by adding some more evasion.

IF i rememebr correctly. And from personal experiences.

1.wrong! BEEEEEEEEENK Buzzard
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 18:40:27  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
A lot of skills are factored in the game such as:

For Evasion skill > 200
1 Evasion skill on gear = 0.9 evasion
1 Evasion on gear = 1 evasion
2 AGI = 1 evasion

So using this system, straight evasion is better than evasion skill IF evasion works on the same system as most other combat skills.

Claiming that 1 evasion skill = 4 evasion is pure non-sense.

Did you wiki that *** nonsense?

can you tell me why...? evasion earrings was 2mil back in that day compared to drone earrings or elusive earrings?

The evasion bonus on mobs and players changed several times over the years when ever see did thier mob correction and 2 hander updates etc.

Straight evasion better than *** evasion skill are you *** dumb?

was your comment for evasion skill post lv 59-60ish? why does a nin even bother with so much evasion? using skill in those places when it is so worthless?

it is common knowledge 2 agi is roughly 1 evasion. 1 evasion is 1 evasion but skill is nothing yet...... evasion earring is still 150k and emissonary boots sells for 600k or more?

-----------

you must have higher superiority complex when that guy stated 1 skill had more than 1 evasion?

well guess what me being a career thf says it does. evasion kill is worth more than evasion.

You are the one whom needs to get your fact's straight.

Just because something costs alot doesnt make it good. Persecption is reality. Do you knopw how much blitz rings and haguns used to cost?
And get rid of the attitude no reason to come here sounding like a ***.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 18:43:53  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

For Evasion skill > 200
2 AGI = 1 evasion

So using this system, straight evasion is better than evasion skill IF evasion works on the same system as most other combat skills.

can you tell me why...? evasion earrings was 2mil back in that day compared to drone earrings or elusive earrings?

The evasion bonus on mobs and players changed several times over the years when ever see did thier mob correction and 2 hander updates etc.

was your comment for evasion skill post lv 59-60ish? why does a nin even bother with so much evasion? using skill in those places when it is so worthless?

it is common knowledge 2 agi is roughly 1 evasion. 1 evasion is 1 evasion but skill is nothing yet...... evasion earring is still 150k and emissonary boots sells for 600k or more?

-----------

you must have higher superiority complex when that guy stated 1 skill had more than 1 evasion?

well guess what me being a career thf says it does. evasion kill is worth more than evasion.

Placebo effect, ect
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-29 18:48:49  
You are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I used my thf idiot for over 5 years I think I know the difference evasion skill gives an evade rate yes it does. Me parsing on my thf is better than you use your sam. I have evasion skill merits.

Point is this retard, dumb ***. evasion skill is worth more than 1 measly poin of evasion always has been. Pre 60 it should be less but evasion skill should shine post. Whether you like it or not velocity earring dodge earring elusive earring < Evasion earring. Evasion torque > ritter gorget. shall I go on? emissionary boots > dance feet+1? want more? it's skill and skill stacks. Just shut up I do not give a damn about what you parsed.

I am not trying to argue how much 1 evasion skill is worth but is it equal to 2 agi and 1 evasion on gear no it is not.

Use common sense my point was about the cost of items 5 years ago is people bought these knowing the fact it was good and having more is good. Take you superiority complex and shove it up your candy *** no one gives a ***about your parsing results. *** off and get out of the thf forums.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-29 18:52:36  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

For Evasion skill > 200
2 AGI = 1 evasion

-----------

So much rage. I said "IF evasion works on the same system as most other combat skills". I didn't say this is how it works.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 18:58:40  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
You are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I used my thf idiot for over 5 years I think I know the difference evasion skill gives an evade rate yes it does. Me parsing on my thf is better than you use your sam. I have evasion skill merits.

Point is this retard, dumb ***. evasion skill is worth more than 1 measly poin of evasion always has been. Pre 60 it should be less but evasion skill should shine post. Whether you like it or not velocity earring dodge earring elusive earring < Evasion earring. Evasion torque > ritter gorget. shall I go on? emissionary boots > dance feet 1? want more? it's skill and skill stacks. Just shut up I do not give a damn about what you parsed.

I am not trying to argue how much 1 evasion skill is worth but is it equal to 2 agi and 1 evasion on gear no it is not.

Use common sense my point was about the cost of items 5 years ago is people bought these knowing the fact it was good and having more is good. Take you superiority complex and shove it up your candy *** no one gives a ***about your parsing results. *** off and get out of the thf forums.

No matter how rude you get or how many times you say this water inst wet doesn't change the fact the ***is wet.

This will be the last time I reply to you as you are too incompetent to make any valid arguments or points.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-29 19:00:20  
I have tested it. i have tanked charbydis on nin and thf. I want to use her as an example. See I remember having less on nin than thf and taking an *** beating (this is why i had a haste macro next to ichi ni before i casted). I only had evasion torque and earring/boxers on the rest was evasion and of course I am fully merited in evasion skill merits.

So on my thf did this happen? Nope. I had boxers, earring, torque, combat master's mitts. and SH on and Ohat and of course I lasted I would use haste for ni and evasion for ichi unless needed haste for it. (which I doubt I would need).

Now I have fought in evasion gear and skill different mobs and taken an *** beating on thf while killing the mob slowly because of all the evasion on. So what I would usually do is stick on dd parts like homam legs r.harness, homam feet in the spots where they go and leave all the skill and hardly get hit (yes still). And leave suppa earring on with evasion earring.

Point is I removed most of my raw evasion! i had non really left did I notice a difference? Yes I was able to kill faster putting in haste in those spots and leaving the rest out ohat ,SH,evaison feet, legs, scouters etc.

Point is if evasion from say SH was better than evasion skill items there would not be such a vast difference. Besides why the ??? is you a sam doing in evasion gear? Dear lord help me.... If I saw you with an evasion build in a meripo on sam I'd slap you even in nyzul or salvage... Have you ever heard of a PD Set? that's all you need to take *** hits on sam dumb ***. I hope this was just a test and you not seriously using a evasion set on sam.

/rant
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 19:03:17  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:

Point is this retard, dumb ***. evasion skill is worth more than 1 measly poin of evasion always has been. Pre 60 it should be less but evasion skill should shine post. Whether you like it or not velocity earring dodge earring elusive earring < Evasion earring. Evasion torque > ritter gorget. shall I go on? emissionary boots > dance feet 1? want more? it's skill and skill stacks. Just shut up I do not give a damn about what you parsed.

You know much Shinsoku used to cost? way more than hagun. Does that make it good? No
Also,
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 19:04:03  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
I have tested it. i have tanked charbydis on nin and thf. I want to use her as an example. See I remember having less on nin than thf and taking an *** beating (this is why i had a haste macro next to ichi ni before i casted). I only had evasion torque and earring/boxers on the rest was evasion and of course I am fully merited in evasion skill merits.

So on my thf did this happen? Nope. I had boxers, earring, torque, combat master's mitts. and SH on and Ohat and of course I lasted I would use haste for ni and evasion for ichi unless needed haste for it. (which I doubt I would need).

Now I have fought in evasion gear and skill different mobs and taken an *** beating on thf while killing the mob slowly because of all the evasion on. So what I would usually do is stick on dd parts like homam legs r.harness, homam feet in the spots where they go and leave all the skill and hardly get hit (yes still). And leave suppa earring on with evasion earring.

Point is I removed most of my raw evasion! i had non really left did I notice a difference? Yes I was able to kill faster putting in haste in those spots and leaving the rest out ohat ,SH,evaison feet, legs, scouters etc.

Point is if evasion from say SH was better than evasion skill items there would not be such a vast difference. Besides why the ??? is you a sam doing in evasion gear? Dear lord help me.... If I saw you with an evasion build in a meripo on sam I'd slap you even in nyzul or salvage... Have you ever heard of a PD Set? that's all you need to take *** hits on sam dumb ***. I hope this was just&nbsp;a test and you not seriously using a evasion set on sam.

/rant
So you eyeballed it? Didn't check your evade % in either cases?

Placebo effect
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 19:09:27  
Fighting chary on 2 different jobs isnt a test or a parse dispshit there are too many differenct variables, debuffs on mob going on and wearing off, buff on you who knows what you had for pt setups each time.

Do you even know what a parser is? What a test is? In a test there is only 1 variable to control the outcome dipshit.

If you just clicked on my name youd know that I have 75 THF and guess what I also have 75 nin. None of that means ***I know plenty of level 75 dipshit know it alls like you.

If you read what I was wearing on sam youd see on test was with base skill and one with +20 skill. I could have just as easily done the test on thief but I did it in my 50% PDR set you frigging moron. What the *** would make you think that me going to the boyahda tree letting the mob hit me 2000+ times means Im merited.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-29 19:15:33  
charbydis retard I had to hold it because someone was weak and died. until they were unweak I had no debuffs lol only my ninjitsu on nin.

Oh and vegetto your sam does not have more evasion than my thf trust me.. I know what I am talking about evasion skill has more evasion/evade rate than raw evasion. Unless you want me to go straight to japan or ask someone to ask that I know at the events SE usually holds and find out?

Then you and this geek nerd can do back to your mommy and suck on her nipple's like little babies. You know it is all you both can get in this life time.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 19:21:21  
Who said my sam had more evasion than anything. I don't have to have more evasion to know the difference between evasion and evasion skill. Also, look how mad you're getting, and you're the one calling us nerds? We're talking pretty calmly and every one of your post has some kind of vulgarity directed at us based solely on the fact that we don't agree with you, not even because you don't like us personally or something, lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 19:23:09  
I say again do you know what a parse is eyin ***up inst a parse, so until you parse it go sit down in the corner little boy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 06:54:31  
BEST BE TROLLIN'
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 06:55:48  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
I say again do you know what a parse is eyin ***up inst a parse, so until you parse it go sit down in the corner little boy.

Seeing as where my IQ is while yours is below 35 yes I do know what a parse is ( I also been playing this game for over 5 years retard). Oh btw seeing as how I was born in the early 80's I am not a little boy you fagot.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-30 07:55:24  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

Seeing as where my IQ is while yours is below 35 yes I do know what a parse is ( I also been playing this game for over 5 years retard). Oh btw seeing as how I was born in the early 80's I am not a little boy you fagot.
You're still butthurt, though. Look at all the hostility you bring to the table, based on the simple fact that we don't agree with you. Sure there's always room for debate and heated discussion, but you're just being a baby. So, if you were born in the 80's, you sure aren't acting like it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 08:10:08  
B E S T B E T R O L L IN.

SISSY White boy vegetto shut up
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-11-30 08:15:02  
actually vegetto I do not really care, people over the internet are meh some times. I try to dumb my self to their level =/. I AM NOT BUTT HURT, it is the same as I said evasion skill gives more evasion than evasion. YOU ACTUALLY THINK I READ BOTH you fagot butthurt sissy comments to me I read a few went yeah yeah yeah ghetto bought up retards then looked at murzek the dumb retards last post and commented.

Well this is only the internet so I can act this way. I do no care either way.

No white boi vegetto shush and shoo fly don't BOTHER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

/troll mode in thief forum off.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-30 08:28:42  
K, now you're just trolling.
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-11-30 08:47:46  
Seems to me that my thfs evasion is better than your thf then Stan, sorry.

I don't know why you still stick with an argument based on eyeballing, as ppl showed parses...

And the only reason you noticed eva skill as being better is because master casters has freaking 10 on them. Of course that amount makes possible to swap pieces on other places. Hell thf doesnt even need much of evasion set against chary anyway, you could even steal his evasion boost and just use haste + subtle blow of something.

Again, if you want to prove to me or anyone here that skill is better than raw eva, then show us some numbers.
[+]
 Shiva.Clowdd
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-12-04 03:01:33  
Remora.Laphine said:
Stan, if you want to prove to me or anyone here that skill is better than raw eva, then show us some numbers.

Still waiting. Sorry to bring it back from the grave.
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-04 04:19:56  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
I have tested it.

Your parse-data pls.
 Remora.Garudagt
user: garudagt
By Remora.Garudagt 2009-12-04 06:00:27  
i have both eva skill and eva.
if you want see a thief with a really good eva set and don lost damage look at this link.
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=54033

See you again!
 Shiva.Verohawke
サーバ: Shiva
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2009-12-04 07:12:58  
Qoting FRODORN from this link:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=10&mid=1117734377889654885#11177606549558644

Evasion

There are three types of Evasion in FFXI “Plus Evasion”, “Plus Evasion Skill”, and “Natural Evasion Skill”. These three are added together to get you “Total Evasion”. Then you Total Evasion Skills are checked verse the attacker’s accuracy to determine if the attack is evaded.

Total Evasion

Total Evasion = [(Agility Mod) * √ (Plus Evasion)] + [(Evasion Skill) + (Natural Skill)]

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/mattdwil/EvasionGraph.jpg

This Graph Shows How Total Evasion increases when adding more and More “+ evasion items”, remaining the same level with capped evasion skill so Natural Evasion remains the same, and Adding no more “+ Evasion Skill Items”

Plus Evasion

Notice how the Top line begins to flatten out as you move from left to right along it. If you have had any Econ classes this should be a familiar concept to you known as The "Law of diminishing Returns” It states that when you add one more of an item you don’t get as much out of it as you did the last. This gives you the left ½ of a rainbow Look you see at the top of the Graph. This “Flattening” mean the more + Eva items you add the less effective they become. Each +1 is worth less, but they are all ways worth something so you never loose evasion. If you have +10 Eva and your Agi Mod is 1 your 10 evasion is worth 3.16 total evasion points. Then you add +20 more Eva Items Bringing you up to +30 Eva is worth 5.47 total evasion points. That +20 Eva you added only increased your Total 2.31 when that first +10 increased it 3.16 points. That is The “Law of diminishing Returns”. I should also note that an Agi mod of 1 is very low I just used it to simplify the math for me while I type. I don’t have the time to test out what the real number is until the summer is over.

Plus Evasion Skill

The Dark green Bar on the Graph is your “+ Evasion Skill”. It is rather straight forward. It is a one to one Ratio as “Total Evasion”:“+ Evasion Skill”. So if you add more + skill items your dark green bar will get thicker, and it will always increase at the same Rate for every +1 Eva skill added.

Natural Evasion Skill

This works the same way as your + skill items. It is a Visible stat that Grows as you skill up. Your + Evasion Skill Items are all ready added in for you in your menu.

Agility Modifier

Now this guy is a very interesting little stat. It Controls how Steep your “+ Evasion” Curve is. Why this one really peaked my interest in writing this all down and using Excel to graph up some mock numbers is that fact that at the very start of the curve 1 of your “+ Evasion” points are worth more then 1 of your total evasion or your “+ evasion Skill”. And they continue to be more until your reach the Number of your Agility modifier squared. So if you have a X Agi Mod then Each of your “+ Evasion” points are worth more then 1 until your each a total of +X ^2 eva. So in theory an Agi/+ Eva set up could out Evade an Evasion skill set up.
[+]
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2009-12-07 12:18:22  
hmmm, that is a 4 years old theory.

If evasion were to work like that, the formula he posted would have been defined as truth a long time ago. Still, it was not. Sure he had some graph of parsed evas to back him up (link doesn't work), but due to the age of that post i highly doubt eva works like that. For Real, some one would have proved that formula by today. But it didn't happen, so i'm still sticking with the acc analogy here.
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-12-09 20:02:57  
Quote:
Should be, 2 Eva = 1% eva rate, and 1 Skill over 200 = .9% Eva rate, just like weapon acc.
Unfortunately, this is the most likely scenario.

Even still, nobody really knows.
 Ifrit.Rangappa
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Rangappa
By Ifrit.Rangappa 2009-12-23 08:03:24  
Theory here,

Does Stanflame use vulgar obscenities and offensive belittlements because he is not quite on deck with everyone else and therefore fells threatened or does he do it to compensate for something else?

thoughts?
[+]
 Alexander.Eons
サーバ: Alexander
user: Eons
By Alexander.Eons 2010-01-16 15:57:13  
Here is a link with a THF having a pretty amazing set up.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=61966

From the looks of it, I think he geared himself of following the theory of: after 200 evasion skill, 1 evasion skill = 0.9 evasion.