Scythe....Vs....Great Sword...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Scythe....Vs....Great Sword...
Scythe....Vs....Great Sword...
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-27 07:19:21  
Is this done based upon the same amount of hits from both regular and WS?

Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-27 07:22:56  
You can see the number of hits and ws hits on the parse, obviously not as you can only ws so often ect, it really doesn't matter in the end though. of those 14 leg sweeps, the only one I missed was the first one, connecting the other 13 consecutively.

W/ 67% melee acc,
.67^13 = .548% chance that I would land 13 in a row. Considering I was able to do this test 3 times with different weapons, it's easily repeatable. It's safe to say i didn't get the bazaar .548% chance of landing 13 ws in a row by some freak chance.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-27 07:35:03  
Okay, but then how do you explain SAMs with Hagun in merit parties with capped hit rate still missing a WS every 3 minutes or so?

450 Delay, 20% Haste, Hasso, and Haste spell

450*.55=248 delay.

248*6 hits=1488 delay to get 100 TP.

1488/60=25 seconds to gain 100 TP.

95% forced WS hit rate would dictate that you would miss one WS every 20.

25 seconds*20= 500 seconds, or 8 minutes, 20 seconds for one miss.

I can't sign in to do any parses, but at a guideline 3 minutes/1 miss rate, that equates to...

180/25=7.2

7.2 WSs on average before you get a miss.

Roughly 70% ACC with WS, even with a capped 95% hit rate for TP.

What that means is either something in the level correction formula affects WS Accuracy or something, or Blinding Potions don't affect WS. Assuming it's the former.

I can say for a guaranteed fact that no SAM I've ever done endgame with has gotten anywhere near in the ballpark of 95% accuracy on WS without THF sub.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-27 07:38:46  
"Okay, but then how do you explain SAMs with Hagun in merit parties with capped hit rate still missing a WS every 3 minutes or so?"

You're eyeballing, that's why. Again show me a parse of a sam w/ ow ws acc in a merit pt. Also, how much acc is in a sam str build? None. So let's say they were doing 80%, they're doing their ws in gear that would almost be equivalent to a naked sam(I say almost because osode rajas ect has dex on it), which indicates there is still a bonus.

Also, again, you're eyeballing. That isn't accurate at all. Now, if you put down a mark for every single landed and every single missed gekko, that would count for something, but just saying "oh he missed one every 3 minutes" amounts to nothing.

I'm not saying how much acc+ is in the bonus, I'm just saying that the bonus IS there, as indicated by Kirschy's tests as well as my own, my parses all vs your word and eyeballing?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-27 07:45:47  

Ok, so here is my sam ws build. For there to no acc bonus, w/ lv 4 gkt merits, my WS acc would be 61.8% on greater colibri, much less on mamools which is more like missing one in every 3 ws rather than missing one every 3 minutes.

There is an acc bonus.

So, let's go by your eyeballing, I'm missing one ws every 3 minutes. How many ws did you say I do in 3 minutes again? I'm sure it was more than 3.

Edit:
Quote:
7.2 WSs on average before you get a miss.
If there was 0 acc bonus, I'd get 2 landed ws before a miss, but even you come up with 7
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-27 07:49:11  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
You're eyeballing, that's why. Again show me a parse of a sam w/ ow ws acc in a merit pt. Also, how much acc is in a sam str build? None. So let's say they were doing 80%, they're doing their ws in gear that would almost be equivalent to a naked sam(I say almost because osode rajas ect has dex on it), which indicates there is still a bonus.

Also, again, you're eyeballing. That isn't accurate at all. Now, if you put down a mark for every single landed and every single missed gekko, that would count for something, but just saying "oh he missed one every 3 minutes" amounts to nothing.

I'm not saying how much acc+ is in the bonus, I'm just saying that the bonus IS there, as indicated by Kirschy's tests as well as my own, my parses all vs your word and eyeballing?

This is an Assonym.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-27 07:51:52  
I'm eyeballing, yes.

If all one-hit WSs were forced 95% hit rate, misses should, in theory, be pretty close to non-existant. Not too long ago, after one of my merit parties about two months ago disbanded, I was going to Death Warp so I popped Meikyo Shisui on a Wivre, and missed four WSs in a row.

Granted, they're higher level than Greater Colibri. But with a SAM using Blinding Potions, that puts you at roughly 150 ACC, versus a mob with 210 EVA Crabs. I had ~390 ACC versus a mob with ~340 EVA?

Nevertheless, I used Meikyo Shisui and missed four times in a row. That means that either I hit that 0.000625% chance of missing four in a row, or it was actually acting on my ~84% projected normal unmodded WS ACC, for a much more likely 0.065% chance to miss all four.

Again, just eyeballing, but it has to be at least somewhat related to reality even if there's no concrete parsed proof.
[+]
 Titan.Buddah
サーバ: Titan
user: Buddah
By Titan.Buddah 2009-11-27 07:54:02  
Lmao all these from me asking about GS or Scythe XD
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-27 07:54:06  
I didn't say they were forced 95% hitrate, I'm saying that they have an accuracy bonus, which is much higher than what your melee% hitrate would be in the same gear.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-27 07:57:57  
I'm not saying there's no ACC bonus involved for the first hit. There's all kinds of bonuses for first hits that it's almost guaranteed, actually.

The problem I'm pointing out, is that you'll have to get a +150 ACC boost for the first hit in order to shoot your hit rate from a 50% to a 95% for WS on those Crabs with Blinding Potion.

20~30 ACC boost? Likely. 150? Highly unlikely.

And if you were applying that to endgame situations also, if you were hitting, say, Byakko with a 50% hit rate at 420 ACC, to be able to floor your WS ACC you would need an added 400 or so boost to WS ACC for the first hit.

Rediculous? Yes. Impossible? Yes. But according to Raen, no one-hit WS misses more than 5% of the time.
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-11-27 07:58:35  
Titan.Buddah said:
Lmao all these from me asking about GS or Scythe XD

It's just Veg aka ffxiah Hitler, he thinks what comes out his mouth is final and anybody who dares question him is subjected to pages of assonyms and eventually insults. I'm waiting for him to call Enternius an idiot so I can enjoy watching Enty verbally kick his ***.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-27 08:00:26  
"And if you were applying that to endgame situations also, if you were hitting, say, Byakko with a 50% hit rate at 420 ACC, to be able to floor your WS ACC you would need an added 400 or so boost to WS ACC for the first hit."

Where are you getting your numbers from?

If you're saying that if you have 420 acc at 50% hitrate then you'd need 798 acc to be at capped hitrate, then you don't know anything about the game's mechanics and 0 of how acc works at all.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-27 08:04:18  
It's 8 AM and I still haven't slept. I can't be bothered to do math, so you'll have to excuse me.

Nonetheless, you understand my point. There's just no way you'd get enough of a WS ACC boost on single-hit WSs to be able to floor hit rate on any and all endgame NMs.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-27 08:06:35  
When did I say that you cap acc automatically on everything. While I acknowledge the acc boos is huge, very very large, I never said anything about auto 95%. That being said, it is large enough to cap acc out on a lot of mobs, with very few exceptions, but its still not auto 95%.

Also, if your acc was 50%, then you'd need +90 acc to cap, not 400 >.>
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-27 08:07:55  
Also, at the can't be bothered to do math excuse. You don't have to be fully awake to see that your number was just some random number you pulled out of your ***. Any grasp at all of game mechanics and you wouldn't have said anything near being that far off, regardless of how tired you are.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-27 08:11:33  
No, you're right. It pretty much was just a random number. I wasn't trying to be precise with anything.

Obviously 1 ACC=.5% hit rate, so 400 ACC would be +200%, and blahblahblah I understand it. That's not my intention here.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2009-11-27 08:13:18  
I used to think that scythe was the best but i was in a lv68 pt at the mire not too long ago and there was this insane taru drk using GS and his spinning slashes were doing 1100-1400 on the imps. I was sam and my gekkos only did 600-900 at that level. I've never seen so much damage at lv68, by a taru no less.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-27 08:35:08  
Psh DE would do more to those imps...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-27 08:42:37  
Yah, in that example above you are likely not buffed well and fighting mobs WAY above your level (Imps are really high level compared to most exp fodder, just squishy). Spinning Slash would excel in this situation.

[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-11-27 08:45:49  
I can't decide if the people arguing 1-hit WS's don't have an automatic accuracy of 95% are massive retards or are just trying to troll Veg and make his brain explode.

Also, G-sword for hi-def mobs (6-hit build highly irrelevant as you won't be /sam), Scythe for most everything else.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-11-27 08:50:13  
Actually, most mobs which are gswrd-friendly are also /sam-friendly. Fafnir for instance.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-11-27 09:20:41  
6 hit becomes 7 hit when you /non-SAM, but the same point applies, you can get a Scythe to 100 TP with less swings than you can a GS and therefore WS more often.

As for the accuracy boost, it doesn't instantly cap you on all mobs ever (as veg's club data show). But it is sufficent to take you from 50-60% to capped in the case for SAM GKT WS (which is equavlant to ~70-90 accuracy).

Different WS may have different boosts, but that hasn't been tested in detial.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-27 10:17:19  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
This is an Assonym.

Go away. They're having an actual discussion using *gasp* numbers.

On topic, Beyond relics etc, what are the "best" endgame GSwords/Scythes for Drk? Thinking its still Perdu Scythe and maybe Nagle, but haven't looked into Drk in a long while.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-27 10:27:28  
Naglering is the best option currently, I believe. It's the easiest to get a 6-hit with, for sure.

If you have no concern with TP gain, Subduer is probably the second best, then Algol.

As for Scythe, Perdu and Moliones' Sickle parse almost identically. Within a .5% difference. Both are viable options, but Mol. Sickle requires the ring also to parse on the same tier. Kinda crappy without it. Beyond that, Death Scythe can get some pretty killer augments also. I saw one with DMG+2 DEX+3 on it, which puts it at 99 DMG.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-27 10:28:32  
I've parsed a lot of meripos with DRKs and I'm yet to see Naglering beat Algol. Same for a lot of other people I know.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-27 10:30:28  
The reason Algol was good was because it was actually possible to get a 6-hit build without sacrificing too much. Naglering beats it in every conceivable way now.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-27 10:32:33  
Siren.Enternius said:
Naglering beats it in every conceivable way now.

If you insist. Sometimes though when you make these "This > That" claims, it's good to say why, or even possibly have some sort of proof. Your 'opinion' has been proven wrong on too many occasions for me to now believe your word. Do you have any parsings you can post? All the parsings and detailed tests I've read about suggest Algol is still better for Naglering for pure damage results. That versus your word... Hmm...
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-27 10:34:13  
No, but I can do this.

I rest my case.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-27 10:36:06  
*sigh*

One day you'll be capable of actually having a conversation. I look forward to it. Another thread ruined by Enternius.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-27 10:37:46  
What more can I say? Look at the stats.

There's more to having a conversation than just saying "stfu retard ur wrong"
[+]