users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » A Collection of Sets
A Collection of Sets
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2024-07-04 20:54:34  
you don't understand how the program reaches the results it does. it changes a couple or a few pieces at a time, i can't recall, and if it's superior to the previous iteration, then it keeps those and loops through nothing beats an iteration. it's easier on resources that way which is why you get a printout such as that

if you think there is an issue with the program, i am proficient with the coding language used and all the damage formulas, i can look into any issue you think it may have.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-04 20:57:20  
Galkapryme said: »
Bunch of stuff

Your results in the sim are weird because you're doing a test with no buffs. The fact that your WSavg are 15-20k means you have all buffs/debuffs deselected. If you're looking for the best sets to use with trusts then go for it, but I think most people are looking for sets to use with a party where you're getting BRD, COR, and/or GEO buffs.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-07-05 03:54:55  
Before I post what I believe to be an optimal set for Stardiver (sans Trish, because I only have Gae Buide), what do people with Trish usually hit for (average range)?

Last time I was down in KRT doing bats my Stardivers were doing 50k lowest to 99999 at highest with the capped attack set I posted with iGEO Geo-Frailty, Indi-Fury, Honor March, Minx4, +8 chaos/sam rolls and dia III.

In all honesty you really shouldn't be making a guide with your sets they only perform well when under buffed or in this case with no buffs. Most people are going to be wanting endgame sets for when they are fully buffed.

I've just looked at the DRG "guide" on BGwiki and this set isn't for Camlann's, Savage Blade, Leg Sweep nor Impulse Drive its just for Stardiver. Its also only for Stardiver when you are well over attack cap which you don't even mention. Gone are the times when you could make do with 1 set and various endgame content requires different sets. Sortie mobs are fairly squishy and you will most like be attack capped in a decent group where as v20-v25 you absolutely won't be attack capped.

ItemSet 396076

The cape augs in this set are also STR+30 Att/Acc+20 DA+10%
By Galkapryme 2024-07-10 13:32:54  
Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »
Before I post what I believe to be an optimal set for Stardiver (sans Trish, because I only have Gae Buide), what do people with Trish usually hit for (average range)?

Last time I was down in KRT doing bats my Stardivers were doing 50k lowest to 99999 at highest with the capped attack set I posted with iGEO Geo-Frailty, Indi-Fury, Honor March, Minx4, +8 chaos/sam rolls and dia III.

In all honesty you really shouldn't be making a guide with your sets they only perform well when under buffed or in this case with no buffs. Most people are going to be wanting endgame sets for when they are fully buffed.

I've just looked at the DRG "guide" on BGwiki and this set isn't for Camlann's, Savage Blade, Leg Sweep nor Impulse Drive its just for Stardiver. Its also only for Stardiver when you are well over attack cap which you don't even mention. Gone are the times when you could make do with 1 set and various endgame content requires different sets. Sortie mobs are fairly squishy and you will most like be attack capped in a decent group where as v20-v25 you absolutely won't be attack capped.

ItemSet 396076

The cape augs in this set are also STR+30 Att/Acc+20 DA+10%

So I've taken a lot of the feedback critically. I absolutely understand where a lot of you are coming from. In terms of the full sets, I've "Selected All" in the "Optimization" tab of the sim, and let the system pick the best sets for both TP gain and WS. I have also specifically selected the gear I have versus all that is available. I get different outcomes for different sets and different weaponskills. More on that in a bit.

Now, initially, when I began this journey, I was wondering about the best weapon for any given polearm WS, since I was starting off with a Stage 4 prime. Then I started wondering about the rest of the sets. When I conducted my tests, they were always on the same mob, same buff/debuff conditions (yes...using trusts). I also got in a merc party with GEO/RDM and BRD. Different conditions than my trusts, but the same buffs/debuffs IN THAT PARTY, so the conditions remained the same. I was initially only changing the weapon (i.e., Gae Buide, Shining One, Aram, and now Trish). I stand by the fact that a Stage 4 Prime appears to outperform Trish on Stardiver (even though Stardiver can be wildly inconsistent). Why? Doing 10, 20, 50 Stardivers with each weapon, despite the inconsistencies, you can still glimpse a difference in the average damage range. I'm still testing like a madman, but my results still seem to indicate that the prime is a better weapon for that WS. So now, I'll be testing completely different sets for Stardiver (i.e., weapon and gear). That testing will take a bit longer, as I am seeing some different results mixing and matching (beyond what the SIM says).

Also, while I realize people will want info on capped attack and fully buff, I believe there is utility in getting a picture of optimal gear in a near-standalone situation (people who do not have a pocket GEO, RDM, or BRD, but are using trusts). As the guide is under construction (as stated), I do plan to provide input for capped attack and max buffs as well. Right now, I'm trying to work from the ground up with what I have while taking into consideration those optimal pieces that I don't.
By Genoxd 2024-07-10 13:52:50  
Again this is why all I ask is that when you post these sets you state explicitly what they're for and that they're not optimal. I was trying to say it kindly. I want to avoid having to deal with players gearing up with suboptimal sets thinking they're in the best. If fine if you don't have the best gear. It's not fine if you think you do but really you don't.
By Galkapryme 2024-07-10 13:56:20  
So, in terms of odd read-outs from the SIM, below are two sets. The first set included all Polearms as options, and it selected Trish. Look at the average WS damage. In the second set, I unchecked Trish, and made no other changes. The SIM selected Shining One from the remaining polearms. Now look at the average WS damage; it's more than before.

Of All Gear Listed in SIM (NYAME R25 Path B):

Set 1:

Best "Damage dealt" "Stardiver" set
==============================================================
main Trishula R15
sub Rigorous Grip +1 R15
ranged Empty
ammo Coiste Bodhar R30
head Peltast's Mezail +3
neck Fotia Gorget
ear1 Sherida Earring
ear2 Moonshade Earring
body Nyame Mail R25B
hands Peltast's Vambraces +3
ring1 Sroda Ring
ring2 Niqmaddu Ring
back Brigantia's Mantle STR DA
waist Sailfi Belt +1 R15
legs Nyame Flanchard R25B
feet Nyame Sollerets R25B

Avg Damage = 37460.9 damage
Avg TP return = 339.8 TP

Set 2:

Best "Damage dealt" "Stardiver" set
==============================================================
main Shining One
sub Utu Grip
ranged Empty
ammo Coiste Bodhar R30
head Blistering Sallet +1 R15
neck Fotia Gorget
ear1 Moonshade Earring
ear2 Sherida Earring
body Gleti's Cuirass R30
hands Flamma Manopolas +2
ring1 Begrudging Ring
ring2 Niqmaddu Ring
back Brigantia's Mantle STR Crit Rate
waist Fotia Belt
legs Peltast's Cuissots +3
feet Flamma Gambieras +2

Avg Damage = 38255.1 damage
Avg TP return = 330.7 TP
By Galkapryme 2024-07-10 14:04:25  
Genoxd said: »
Again this is why all I ask is that when you post these sets you state explicitly what they're for and that they're not optimal. I was trying to say it kindly. I want to avoid having to deal with players gearing up with suboptimal sets thinking they're in the best. If fine if you don't have the best gear. It's not fine if you think you do but really you don't.

Understood. That's why the Community Guide specifically states that they are not optimal, but my goal is to reach that. One set has "BiS???" because it seemed like it based on both the SIM and in-the-field testing.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Community_Dragoon_Guide#Galkapryme's_Equipment_Sets_(Under_Construction)
By Galkapryme 2024-07-10 14:05:24  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
you don't understand how the program reaches the results it does. it changes a couple or a few pieces at a time, i can't recall, and if it's superior to the previous iteration, then it keeps those and loops through nothing beats an iteration. it's easier on resources that way which is why you get a printout such as that

if you think there is an issue with the program, i am proficient with the coding language used and all the damage formulas, i can look into any issue you think it may have.

Based on the outputs I posted from the SIM, perhaps you can help me understand where my disconnect is.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2024-07-10 14:36:23  
Just looking at the weapon skill damage on the printouts, you aren't reaching a particularly high ratio of your attack va a mobs defense. A critical hit adds one to that ratio, so if you have attack divided by defense, then add one to that result, a critical hit will have comparatively more value at lower attack thresholds. Shining one allows the weapon skill to critical, which is also why you have such a difference in equipment printouts as well.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-07-10 15:00:09  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I think most people are looking for sets to use with a party where you're getting BRD, COR, and/or GEO buffs.

It's a pretty bold assumption that everyone has max buffs at all times. Creau gave the example of hitting KRT with 5 attack songs, max strength COR rolls, iGEO frailty/fury, and dia III (and presumably additional haste spell since the BRD is doing HM + Minx4). And hey, that's great if you can get it - but it's also a wildly unrealistic expectation for a general purpose guide that will have a lot of readers who are surely NOT getting that level of buffs at least a large portion of the time.

With that being the case, I would always prefer that any guide differentiates between different levels of buffs, at a minimum giving capped atk versus uncapped atk WS sets.