フォーラム » Windower » General » whereisdi.com - Web Domain Invasion tracking
whereisdi.com - Web Domain Invasion tracking
 Asura.Whereisdi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kosumi
By Asura.Whereisdi 2024-03-05 18:26:32  
Hi all,

I'm back with a small side project I've been working on. whereisdi.com uses the data provided by the community who are using the Whereisdi Addon to display the locations all in one place.

The motivation was to help support players who did not use Windower. It has the added benefit of checking a different server then the one you're logged into.

I tried to make it mobile friendly to easily check on your phone, but I'm not really a web developer. If you notice any formatting issues please let me know.

A big thanks to all those using the Addon and sending data to help the community.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-05 18:56:21  
Can I just say that it's *** ridiculous that someone has to do this, instead of square just fixing the trash *** unity system.
[+]
By Seun 2024-03-05 19:04:50  
Only takes a few minutes to check manually. I guess as much as players let the game play itself these days, that's too much to ask?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-05 19:14:13  
How simple it is to do is irrelevant, it should just work properly. The sole purpose of unity chat is DI location, and it can't deliver. That always been unacceptable.

Basic functionality is not optional; There's no debate to be had.
By Seun 2024-03-05 19:44:26  
Waste 2 mins checking manually or waste it waiting on the /u broadcast to tell you what is happening and where to go. /shrug
By Felgarr 2024-03-05 21:34:44  
Site looks great. Thank you for doing this! What do you use for backend storage? I assume you don't need anything high-throughput or with lengthy persistence, right? Shoot. ..I bet flat text files would work. :P
By Beau 2024-03-05 23:43:49  
I love using the whereisdi addon, but it lags my chars everytime there is a unity message. So i made a script that loads the addon, executes it (//di) then unloads the addon a couple seconds later whenever I need to do daily DI.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-03-06 00:13:40  
Asura.Whereisdi said: »
Hi all,

I'm back with a small side project I've been working on. whereisdi.com uses the data provided by the community who are using the Whereisdi Addon to display the locations all in one place.

The motivation was to help support players who did not use Windower. It has the added benefit of checking a different server then the one you're logged into.

I tried to make it mobile friendly to easily check on your phone, but I'm not really a web developer. If you notice any formatting issues please let me know.

A big thanks to all those using the Addon and sending data to help the community.

Thank you so much for setting this up! <3
By Thunderjet 2024-03-06 01:07:14  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Can I just say that it's *** ridiculous that someone has to do this, instead of square just fixing the trash *** unity system.
They are busy making new games
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-03-06 11:46:08  
Asura.Whereisdi said: »
Hi all,

You might already know this, but you have joined the upper echelon of FFXI content providers. First with your character, now with the website, IMO you are up there with Windower and FFXIAH!

FFXI would be so pitiful w/o them/you.
[+]
By Godfry 2024-03-06 11:53:56  
Sometimes I shout whereisdi and people tell me the zone that domain invasion is... But that's not what I meant :(
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-03-08 16:51:14  
Thank you for this. It's made my life so much easier the past few days. <3
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2024-03-15 23:52:09  
Only minor changes I would make is to retain stale data for longer, around 30 minutes or so as it is still useful in determining where domain invasion has moved to and also track Mireu last kill time/bonus status. I only found out about this after the discord bot seems to have died earlier this week and this site has been a huge improvement in ease of use. I can confirm it works very well on mobile.
 Asura.Whereisdi
user: Kosumi
By Asura.Whereisdi 2024-03-28 16:04:18  
Tokimemofan said: »
Only minor changes I would make is to retain stale data for longer, around 30 minutes or so as it is still useful in determining where domain invasion has moved to and also track Mireu last kill time/bonus status. I only found out about this after the discord bot seems to have died earlier this week and this site has been a huge improvement in ease of use. I can confirm it works very well on mobile.

Yeah, I think my timings on when data goes stale was calibrated to Asura. I've increased the inactivity timers a bit.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-03-28 17:49:30  
Seun said: »
Only takes a few minutes to check manually. I guess as much as players let the game play itself these days, that's too much to ask?

Reasons why Whereisdi is needed and why other methods don't work:

Quote:
"Why dont you just shout for where it is in zone?"
-Does not work, people troll yells constantly

"Just do a /sea all <zone> and done, easy to find it"
-Doesn't always work. Reisenjima is heavily botted, and skews those numbers the majority of the time. There is no way of using search to determine the zone with any level of accuracy.

"Why don't you just ask LS?"
-They have the same issue we all do, and sometimes they are not on and are not seeing messages either

"Why don't you just log out of Unity 50 times until you can get in, and then wait 5-10 minutes for the NEXT message to pop up"
-I shouldnt have to go into detail on why this is a terrible idea. It's just a terrible idea

"Dude, just go to the zone and check for yourself"
-I have ran out to to zones and missed the DI 4x straight. Zitah, no Vorseal. Ruaun, no vorseal. Reisenjima, no vorseal. Warp ring back home. Zitah, get vorseal, You no Longer sense presence. It is classic time-wasting.
By Meeble 2024-03-28 18:45:29  
Seun said: »

You could say the same about SE adding Muffins to the currency menu. Quality of life improvements can be small and still worthwhile.