RMT Bots Have Won...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » RMT bots have won...
RMT bots have won...
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-10-18 06:43:32  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Disregard.
 Asura.Vitalic
サーバ: Asura
user: fusional
By Asura.Vitalic 2023-10-18 06:57:40  
MOS1991 said: »
no RMTs and no bots

lol lmao

There are active GM who are very proactive and they basically just do a better job than SE does at their own game.

cool yeah GMs are active and helpful to some degree, just a pity staff are totally inept. still waiting on that promised ToAU content yeah? :) keep waitin homie. salvage? einherjar? 75 cap wotg content? best just forget about all that. and that custom balancing is an absolute joke.

and then there's the reasonably high chance of being sexually harassed by the heavy-breathing staff if you're a girl (and the other staff will defend their boy and victim blame)

at the end of the day there are better servers for the classic 75 experience and better servers for QoL additions, full stop. horizon just happened to capture some hype and decent population. if you stop huffing copium long enough it's obvious how few of the promises have been delivered on. ultimately it's just an ego stroking project for a couple devs in particular. most of the original devs have left or stepped down for a reason...

but hey, to each their own!
[+]
By Mattelot 2023-10-18 07:24:04  
Move to Horizon 75 era, there is 1000+ players online at any time, there are no duel boxers allowed, no RMTs and no bots. People are 24/7 actively forming parties for all content including exp. There are active GM who are very proactive and they basically just do a better job than SE does at their own game.

In the past year, I've talked to a half dozen people who played there then quit because they said the GMs are idiots. In retail, the GMs have always been "hands-off" but all the stories I've heard of people getting banned for anything from skilling up in various places because "others could have leveled up there" when there were no parties there to begin with. Players who (similar to streamers) getting accolades for things they didn't actually do. Reports of admins sexually harassing people. Reports of people getting banned for out-claiming the friends of the admins. Reports of other very shady things as well.

I've seen others call that stuff "tinfoil hat" which some may be, and others may be saying that to try and gaslight others. Not the first time I've heard of shady things on private servers.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-10-18 07:40:57  
Move to Horizon 75 era, there is 1000+ players online at any time, there are no duel boxers allowed, no RMTs and no bots. People are 24/7 actively forming parties for all content including exp. There are active GM who are very proactive and they basically just do a better job than SE does at their own game.

What if the server admin's mom needs to do laundry?
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2023-10-18 07:51:07  
Except this thread is basically "we have zero interest in sitting there grinding for hours on end".

The best part about Horizon is that it is now several months old, so we hear a ton less evangelizing to go to a poorly rebalanced private server where you can get banned for anything from getting a Shang's "too quickly" to "you made an admin's friend mad" just so we can relive the "glory days" of grinding XP for hours on end. We already have that in retail and the consensus is "we don't want to sit and grind EP for hours on end."
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-10-18 07:53:49  
There is RMT on Horizon. Where there is demand there is always going to be supply.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-18 08:37:07  
Move to Horizon 75 era
No thanks, I'm not poor.
[+]
By Tanag 2023-10-18 08:37:40  
Asura.Vitalic said: »
if you stop huffing copium long enough it's obvious how few of the promises have been delivered on. ultimately it's just an ego stroking project for a couple devs in particular. most of the original devs have left or stepped down for a reason...

but hey, to each their own!

It was immediately obvious this was all about ego when the leader added -P to their name and started a "letter from the director". That told me everything I needed to know about the server and why it was not worth trying.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-18 08:38:50  
If you play fun games you don't waste time in forums, you play the game.
I guess FFXI forums only got popular after Abyssea, because before that no one was wasting time in forums, they were playing the game.
By Mattelot 2023-10-18 08:44:54  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I guess FFXI forums only got popular after Abyssea, because before that no one was wasting time in forums, they were playing the game.

They were when KI was active. That was my favorite XI forum compared to the probably half dozen I've posted on. No karma cliques, no mods grandstanding for upvotes, no underachievers making sweeping generalizations about everyone who accomplished anything they didn't, no mods calling you derogatory terms when banning you for something stupid, etc.

And I thought that died before Abyssea... I forget the exact dates.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-18 08:47:20  
Mattelot said: »

They were when KI was active. That was my favorite XI forum compared to the probably half dozen I've posted on. No karma cliques, no mods grandstanding for upvotes, no underachievers making sweeping generalizations about everyone who accomplished anything they didn't, no mods calling you derogatory terms when banning you for something stupid, etc.

And I thought that died before Abyssea... I forget the exact dates.
You missed the layered joke.

Before Abyssea was the pre-75 area that the people who go out of their way to fellate Horizon love. If people were busy playing the game, they wouldnt have had time to post on forums pre-Abyssea.

But then again, I guess Horizon cant be that fun since this guy came to a FFXI thread to talk about Horizon instead of actually playing Horizon.
By Mattelot 2023-10-18 09:24:32  
this guy came to a FFXI thread to talk about Horizon instead of actually playing Horizon.

I mean, you need something to do while you're waiting for the next spawn window.
By drakefs 2023-10-18 10:16:57  
You missed the layered joke.

Are you sure they where not just adding more layers?
By Shichishito 2023-10-18 10:24:30  
no mods calling you derogatory terms when banning you for something stupid
Wait, you guys know who banned you for what?
By Mattelot 2023-10-18 10:27:27  
Some forums, yes. There are some forums over the years where they keep who banned you anonymous. That's a real coward thing to do.
By Dodik 2023-10-18 11:55:16  
You forgot Horizon will get you laid.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-10-18 11:56:32  
You're thinking of Ho-Layin
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-10-18 12:19:37  
Some forums, yes. There are some forums over the years where they keep who banned you anonymous. That's a real coward thing to do.
So, that kind of thing is done to prevent individual moderators from getting harassed. It's a totally reasonable policy.

Around here, I get harassed about suspensions no matter who pulls the trigger, so I'm happy to let people think it's all me and spare the mods the hassle.

Tanag said: »
It was immediately obvious this was all about ego when the leader added -P to their name and started a "letter from the director". That told me everything I needed to know about the server and why it was not worth trying.
Communicating with players is good! XIV is still Square so there's a lot I'd fix with their PLL format, but honestly, it's a huge step up from their previous levels of engagement, and if that's the only example people have, it's not the worst one to emulate

Tanag said: »
the leader added -P to their name
That part, though? Indefensible. Holy crap, man.
[+]
By Mattelot 2023-10-18 12:32:38  
Idiot Boy said: »
So, that kind of thing is done to prevent individual moderators from getting harassed. It's a totally reasonable policy.

Disagree. Moderated for 30 years. If someone is then harassing a mod for acting in good faith, deal with that person after the fact. Ban the guy if you haven't already. Seen many many times mods over the years act in bad faith and the person has every right to face their accuser. Someone abusing their power then hiding is a coward act, period. And I applaud any and all forums that truthfully hold their mods accountable for acting in bad faith instead of making excuses for them.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2023-10-18 12:36:46  

Are you high? talk to any one of the 15 people fishing in bastok markets but don't type their whole name see if they respond lol
Administrator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2023-10-18 12:45:45  
Moderated for 30 years
So you've been moderating since... Eternal September? Curious.

has every right to face their accuser
The Internets are not a court of law. Not yet, anyway.

Seen many many times mods over the years act in bad faith
Moderators are people who are effectively deputized by server administrators/owners to enforce the rules. If a moderator is acting in bad faith, it is up to other moderators or the admins to do something about it. I've reversed bans here, and talked with the relevant mod about it. I've never thought anyone who moderated for me was doing so in bad faith, though, or they wouldn't be a mod anymore.

So, I dunno, maybe you just hang around a bunch of other forums with shitty admins, if you think the best plan is to make moderation - a shitty, non-paying job in the first place - more of a way to paint a target on one's self.
[+]
By Mattelot 2023-10-18 12:54:58  
So you've been moderating since... Eternal September? Curious.

I've moderated since the 90s.

The Internets are not a court of law. Not yet, anyway.

Doesn't matter. If some trash mod is going to abuse their power for something you really didn't do, you should very well be able to address it with them in a civil way. Many forums do this and they work way better than ones that do not.

Moderators are people who are effectively deputized by server administrators/owners to enforce the rules. If a moderator is acting in bad faith, it is up to other moderators or the admins to do something about it. I've reversed bans here, and talked with the relevant mod about it. I've never thought anyone who moderated for me was doing so in bad faith, though, or they wouldn't be a mod anymore.

I'm not speaking about here. I've been on likely more different forums than most here, so I have a lot of experience with this. There are things here that I've seen that were just eye-rolling but nothing alarming like watching a mod's buddy call everyone every derogatory word in the book, get away with it, then as soon as you criticize them for anything, even civilly, you log into a frivolous ban. Usually something along the lines of some vague/generic term, trying to rationalize it like "nonconstructive".

So, I dunno, maybe you just hang around a bunch of other forums with shitty admins, if you think the best plan is to make moderation - a shitty, non-paying job in the first place - more of a way to paint a target on one's self.

I've been on many forums with "shitty admins" and shitty mods. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has.

Yes, they are volunteers as I am and it's the admin's fault for picking their real life buddies, forum suck-ups, etc to take the positions. It's the mods who act in bad faith that run the risk of having targets on their backs. Most of these people have no people skills. Rather than try to deescalate a situation, they immediately jump on the ban button, which is what creates all the stigma that good mods have to occasionally hear about.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-18 17:05:18  
fillerbunny9 said: »
Except this thread is basically "we have zero interest in sitting there grinding for hours on end".

The best part about Horizon is that it is now several months old, so we hear a ton less evangelizing to go to a poorly rebalanced private server where you can get banned for anything from getting a Shang's "too quickly" to "you made an admin's friend mad" just so we can relive the "glory days" of grinding XP for hours on end. We already have that in retail and the consensus is "we don't want to sit and grind EP for hours on end."

Seriously, if folks want to experience 75era just make a new character on live and absolutely do not do the limit break quest for 80. Get together with friends and go screw around in random places, even level sync down to your 75 character just to see the difference.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-18 18:37:28  
They think they want the experience and to have a lively server population. These are lies, everyone playing this game is old/anti-social. The people who want cart blanche are the ones that need anonymity from their own sketchy reputations. Everyone else believing these lies are their next victims.

/endLawAndOrder theme song
 Siren.Dekoda
サーバ: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2023-10-18 19:44:25  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Seriously, if folks want to experience 75era just make a new character on live and absolutely do not do the limit break quest for 80. Get together with friends and go screw around in random places, even level sync down to your 75 character just to see the difference.

Imo should be able to set your level without a level sync target for 1-98
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-10-18 19:47:54  
I honestly feel sad for folks on 75-era private servers. They're seeking an emotion missing from their current gaming, and remember the excitement they had in that era of true XI...forgetting that it wasn't the game itself that brought those feels, it was our youth.

We made different types of friends back then than we do now- all of us. We are different people, even! 21 years ago, it was parents telling their kids to get off XI and go to bed. Now, those same "kids" are yelling at their own kids to go to bed so Momma and Papa can play. Its impossible to bring back that excitement of adolescence or early adulthood in middle age.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2023-10-18 19:52:21  
Siren.Dekoda said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Imo should be able to set your level without a level sync target for 1-98

it's sad that if I want to solo Bubbly Bernie on a level 1 Geomancer I have to make a mule, level him to 30, unlock Adoulin, unlock GEO, unlock his sub job, and then I might accidentally level up because I examined a home point before removing the RoE objective
[+]
By drakefs 2023-10-18 20:27:14  
Siren.Bruno said: »
it's sad that if I want to solo Bubbly Bernie on a level 1 Geomancer I have to make a mule, level him to 30, unlock Adoulin, unlock GEO, unlock his sub job, and then I might accidentally level up because I examined a home point before removing the RoE objective

Or, just start a new free trial account and level sync the the level 1?
 Siren.Bruno
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2023-10-18 20:37:29  
you can't level sync below 10 :(
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12