New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mog Bonanza
Mog Bonanza
 Asura.Seraphical
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Seraphical 2024-07-11 07:13:06  
I actually lucked out in this one and won a rank 2 and rank 3 prize on the same character, I was shocked beyond belief!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-11 07:16:17  
Pantafernando said: »
Did you win?

I could get rank 1 100% of the time, but I only got a handful letting the moogle pick.
(having 500 characters and 200m is simple, having to interact with the moogle 1000 times is unacceptable)

Literally every moogle pick contained a 3 and no doubles, so no, no win.

(I did pick 2 manually for the account I like the most, so close)
By Pantafernando 2024-07-11 07:52:59  
Have you been buying codes from SE site?

I didnt try it out since that time. I even tried a new email but then I got some weird address error and gave up
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-11 07:55:26  
Haven't needed a new code in a while. Maybe on that specific day they were doing maintenance.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-11 07:57:59  
You are breaking the system!
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-11 09:28:21  
It's not maintenance, they block key purchases if you've bought at least one key on any of the same:
-billing name
-delivery address
-billing address
-email address
-ip address

They also automatically block purchases if you're on a known VPN. No idea how long it takes for the 1 key limit to expire[if it does] or if an old SE store account has looser restrictions.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-11 09:35:27  
Also, the bar for guaranteeing a win is 32 accounts with mules. Doing that from scratch is $1,227.35 (32 $10 keys with free month to wear out the 45 days, 32x 1 month of $12.95+$15.00 to buy the marbles, 1 $12.95 to activate the winner). If you're already paying 32 subs, it's $469[468 $1 slots for a month during buy, $1 to activate winner].

I don't personally think anyone would want to pay $600+(no idea how much profit you consider the minimum viable amount) for a blank lv1 with a bonanza win pending, especially knowing it's sitting as an alt on a char that was RMTing for the past 2 years. But, maybe.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-07-11 09:44:16  
It's decidedly not worth it, why no one does it.
By Pantafernando 2024-07-11 09:59:31  
I just tested again, no dice.

Gonna be testing every month now, for the sake of science
 Bismarck.Yvan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2024-07-11 13:39:10  
Finally got the table I wasn't able to get from all those nyzul events, wish we could mail the lockstyle armors since I've got another 3 on a mule.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-07-11 14:16:35  
The table being on rank 3 really helps the sting of having a 779 marble instead of the winning 789. I ended up getting two rank 3s on mules, picked table for both and sent one to each of my main and my #1 mule.

Would be nice if the cosmetic stuff was sendable. Am I misremembering things, or weren't the Retching/Curmudgeon/Gazer's Helmets not sendable back when they were new (they are sendable now)? Kinda hoping they'll make Aucuba Crown sendable some day too...
[+]
By LightningHelix 2024-07-11 22:56:10  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Am I misremembering things, or weren't the Retching/Curmudgeon/Gazer's Helmets not sendable back when they were new (they are sendable now)? Kinda hoping they'll make Aucuba Crown sendable some day too...
All three were made sendable in December 2018 (along with the Karakul Cap, my beloved lockstyle hat)
So three years after they were added in November 2015...
...or one month after the Karakul Cap was added in November 2018, in typical SE fashion.

So probably someday they will be, but I sure as hell can't tell you when from those data points.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-07-12 18:24:11  
Another year of winning nothing since they came out with Bonanza. I think I'm going to go POSTAL on these moogles this time.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-07-12 18:31:06  
But… what you’re targeting is NOT a Moogle.

That said, please do continue.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2024-07-12 18:46:15  
Pantafernando said: »
But… what you’re targeting is NOT a Moogle.

That said, please do continue.

The Cursor isn't on a Moogle?

The Taru in the way = acceptable losses.
By Draylo 2024-07-14 20:32:28  
won a rank 2 on a mule on my account and a few rank 3s, nice.. but i dont know what to pick for 2
By GwenStacy 2024-07-14 21:05:41  
got a rank 1, gonna do fast blade
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-07-15 19:56:49  
Hell yeah, MNK + DNC Savage Blade go brrrr
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-15 21:35:38  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Hell yeah, MNK + DNC Savage Blade go brrrr

MNK has 0 skill in sword so...good luck with that one.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-07-15 22:07:27  
It was in jest. I don't really find the sword useful, but then again all the rank 1's arn't very useful.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-16 08:25:37  
Strange choice of jobs for the jest then because it is absurdly good for DNC and almost entirely useless for MNK. Good for a lot of other jobs though, especially with the WS wall existing on a bunch of current content. There are probably at least a half dozen jobs that would get some use out of it, especially with the SC properties (WS wall aside). It's a very solid choice; not going to change your life or anything, but could definitely make it considerably smoother on a pretty regular basis.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-07-16 08:29:16  
I could see it opening a couple new setups, like using DNC instead of GEO on Kalunga might be feasible. It just hasn't been thoroughly considered, because so few people have it. I would've considered it one of the better prizes.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-07-16 11:13:40  
I don't think it's that strange. "Melee's not on Naegling. Check"
EDIT: Never even noticed SAM was also not on it.

It's actually good on DNC? Where would that even come up? The fusion property isn't novel to DNC when Mpu Gandrings a thing. I simply dont see it, hence the sarcasm.

I'm willing to have my eyes opened, but all of the bonanza weapons seem to be cute gimmicks or utterly useless, and would see plenty of 'toy play' or experimentation if they wern't walled by the most asinine acquisition method in the game... I suppose i'm jaded by the fact that they don't really offer a power level of REMAs, but their utility is fringe at best in every case I can see.

SE should have them as rewards to some drawn out content that people can pair with their sortie and odyssey slog alongside the one in 500 chance twice a year you get lucky and feel pressured into grabbing a katana despite not caring about ninja. Missed opportunities I guess (Valhalla being a zone? even reskinned)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-16 11:19:27  
DNC has very few slashing options since they don't get access to Savage Blade, their sword WS options are terrible and they have no other slashing weapon. So...any enemy which takes bonus slashing, or penalizes piercing/blunt. TBH their blunt sucks too, so anything that resists piercing, Onion Sword is probably your highest damage option.

Ruthless only makes Fusion with multiple WS, this is Fusion in a single WS which has different practical applications. Someone saying "Open light for my Fragmentation WS" is probably hoping you'll do it right now, not after 2 WS. What if the mob doesn't have enough HP for you to do multiple WS to set up Fusion, or if there's WS spam going off where you can't do a 2-step to open?

Other jobs can also take advantage of Fusion, since if you're not PLD/RDM, you can't open Fusion (single WS) with Sword unless you have Onion Sword.

It also allows you to do solid WS damage while not walling others (and actually setting up Light) for mobs like E/G bosses in Sortie, etc. Could avoid WS wall on Kalunga while also providing Box Steps, Haste Samba, and healing.

That's just for DNC...
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-07-16 11:19:34  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
I could see it opening a couple new setups, like using DNC instead of GEO on Kalunga might be feasible. It just hasn't been thoroughly considered, because so few people have it. I would've considered it one of the better prizes.

I was under the impression most people opted to cut GEO for BLU on kalunga 25 anyway, but I suppose that could be fun.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-07-16 11:23:43  
It also comes with what is essentially a free Excalibur R15 augment for budget PLDs!
 Bahamut.Senaki
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Senaki
By Bahamut.Senaki 2024-07-16 11:35:01  
If I lose, do I get my Gil back? :(
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-07-16 12:30:03