anyone plz share there subtle blow set .. mainly want it for Mboze plz
 Asura.Cariko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kariko
By Asura.Cariko 2023-02-06 14:42:57  
ItemSet 351491

from

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50426/high-end-sets-advicesuggestionsideaslua/#3232292

A whole thread away...
 Asura.Xxpoure
user: Xxpoure
By Asura.Xxpoure 2023-02-06 14:53:45  
damn .. thank you ... only just seen it after i posted and bothered to look back through .. thank you for the reply though
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-06 15:50:43  
It's worth noting that this set has +49 Subtle Blow, and if you have a WHM giving you Auspice with +3 empy boots you only need +21. So you might consider modifying the set depending on your augment level of Sakpata and whether or not you have a WHM giving you Auspice. The guide also recommends using deep-fried shrimp which is a nice way to supplement SB, but once again don't go overkill giving yourself SB you don't need, sacrificing otherwise better gear, if you have other sources of SB.
[+]
By Vaerix 2023-02-06 22:37:12  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
It's worth noting that this set has +49 Subtle Blow, and if you have a WHM giving you Auspice with +3 empy boots you only need +21. So you might consider modifying the set depending on your augment level of Sakpata and whether or not you have a WHM giving you Auspice. The guide also recommends using deep-fried shrimp which is a nice way to supplement SB, but once again don't go overkill giving yourself SB you don't need, sacrificing otherwise better gear, if you have other sources of SB.

Schere instead of telos picks up that final SB you'd be missing if you're looking to fill cap w/o whm, just be aware you'll have to entropy before you start any casting activities (absorbs/spikes/enspell)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-02-10 11:32:12  
Father Time - Path B has become one of my favorite scythes to use as a daily driver for content. The occasional follow up is amazing for DRK and being able to truly have capped subtle blow is the cherry on top (it only feeds 42 TP per swing at 75 SB).

Worth every penny on the AH!
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-10 11:34:14  
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
Father Time - Path B has become one of my favorite scythes to use as a daily driver for content. The occasional follow up is amazing for DRK and being able to truly have capped subtle blow is the cherry on top (it's 42 TP per swing at 75 SB).

I've really enjoyed mine as well, but honestly only when I can guarantee solid drain3's. Its probably one of my favorite dyna-D weapons, but I really dislike it for Mboze.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-02-10 14:08:27  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Father Time - Path B has become one of my favorite scythes to use as a daily driver for content. The occasional follow up is amazing for DRK and being able to truly have capped subtle blow is the cherry on top (it's 42 TP per swing at 75 SB).

I've really enjoyed mine as well, but honestly only when I can guarantee solid drain3's. Its probably one of my favorite dyna-D weapons, but I really dislike it for Mboze.
Did you do path b or path c? You mentioned drain and that's on path c.

I did my MBoze V20 clear with a Caladbolg but I would think the first 25% would be much safer with the path b scythe?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-02-10 14:27:29  
He might be mentioning the drain 3 because of the "convert 3% of current HP to attack" stat which is on the base item.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-02-10 14:37:33  
I did my MBoze V20 clear with a Caladbolg but I would think the first 25% would be much safer with the path b scythe?

I tried this at both v15 and v20, I didn't find the damage to be good enough with FT compared to Calad or Redemption. I think for Father Time to really do well you need to get a good burst off, but you won't get one off Mboze. You might could off the add, but I didn't try that.

The 3% of current HP to attack is why you want the burst.

You should have plenty of safety in the first 75% using either Calad or Redemption provided the BST is doing their job, so you shouldn't need the extra 10SB over those options IMO
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-10 14:45:08  
^ agree 100% with all this, its the reason I stopped trying to use FT (path B) on Mboze. Even if you have to turn around now and then using one of the empy weapons, the overall dps improvement still wins out.

The last 25% is the dangerous part if you're still going to melee on Mboze vs the add (speaking of v20+), as many groups do let the DRK continue to work on Mboze itself for the white dmg.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-10 16:06:39  
While Father Time's 75 SB is about 30% less TP feed than other weapons' 65 SB, the Follow Up Attack making you hit more often makes it basically a wash. Something like Caladbolg or Redemption is going to be more damage while feeding similar TP.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-02-10 16:38:52  
He doesn't have Dagon.
By Taint 2023-02-10 17:23:24  
Asura.Geriond said: »
While Father Time's 75 SB is about 30% less TP feed than other weapons' 65 SB, the Follow Up Attack making you hit more often makes it basically a wash. Something like Caladbolg or Redemption is going to be more damage while feeding similar TP.

I remember your testing when Father time first came out and the SB was offset by the Extra rounds. Saved me a ton of gil lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-10 18:04:18  
It's a weird way to look at it. You wouldn't remove all of your multi attack and you aren't over-tping so yeah, obviously, more damage is more tp feed.

If you cared that much about only hitting it exactly as much as you needed to you'd have to take all the da/ta/qa off. And that means time loss.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2023-02-10 18:24:14  
I often do like to remove most multi-attack in a subtle blow scenario. Especially if you're using Mew (or BLU or BST or whatever) to wipe mob TP, the important thing is often consistent and predictable timing. You don't really want BEST DPS if that means you get a few "lucky" multiattack rounds that give the mob enough TP to get off a nasty move just before your SMN has Blood Pact timer ready for the next mew.

So yeah, the SB II on B path Su5 weapons at least enough to more or less "pay for itself" in terms of mitigating the extra TP gain from the follow-up attack. But it's not really better at reducing TP feed than just using a (stronger) non-multiattack weapon and not having as much Subtle Blow II. And it's arguably more dangerous to use the FUA B path weapon since it's not quite as consistent in measured steady TP feed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-02-10 18:27:29  
Asura.Geriond said: »

I don't agree its a wash, you would use completely different TP sets. I went with a full Store TP setup with the capped SB to prevent the excess swings. The 50% Follow Up alone is plenty and you actually don't want to overextend because it could easily lead to over TPing. It takes me 9 hits to get to 2k. It's around 13 with a Calad. That means more weaponskills before you have to turn around between drains.

I've tested it during our triple farms and had no issues taking it to 79% without a TP move. You don't need a Father Time to beat MBoze and you don't even need a Dagon. I had neither when I won on our 3rd attempt? What I am saying from a SB standpoint, Father Time is as safe as it gets for TP feed situations with minimal trade offs and frankly a bargain at 48 mil on Asura lol.

I'm very happy with it. It's exceeded my expectations.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-02-10 18:30:39  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
So yeah, the SB II on B path Su5 weapons at least enough to more or less "pay for itself" in terms of mitigating the extra TP gain from the follow-up attack. But it's not really better at reducing TP feed than just using a (stronger) non-multiattack weapon and not having as much Subtle Blow II. And it's arguably more dangerous to use the FUA B path weapon since it's not quite as consistent in measured steady TP feed.

You trade more safety for ~15% less WS dmg on Cross Reaper vs Torcleaver. If you can sneak in more WS between drains, the value is there. Just my opinion.

Your mileage will vary depending on your TP sets and style.

Besides, once the add comes out, you can go full out on dps with your main weapon of choice. The SB becomes mostly moot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-02-10 18:47:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
He doesn't have Dagon.

Jakey, tell them how my Redemption DRK stomped your empy MNK on dps for last month's ambu lol!

That scythe AM3 white damage is sexy as hell....
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-02-10 19:22:35  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
He doesn't have Dagon.

Jakey, tell them how my Redemption DRK stomped your empy MNK on dps for last month's ambu lol!

That scythe AM3 white damage is sexy as hell....
I thought we were talking about father time

How many times did you guys lose before I joined? lol
There's a lot more to good dps than parses and that's a silly fight to parse with the terrors and other nonsense.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-02-10 19:46:08  
In the DRK forum, all scythes are fair game!
By SimonSes 2023-02-11 01:40:27  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I often do like to remove most multi-attack in a subtle blow scenario. Especially if you're using Mew (or BLU or BST or whatever) to wipe mob TP, the important thing is often consistent and predictable timing. You don't really want BEST DPS if that means you get a few "lucky" multiattack rounds that give the mob enough TP to get off a nasty move just before your SMN has Blood Pact timer ready for the next mew.

This is some really confusing logic lol
Multi attack or not, it's still only TP per hit that matters and Hits per WS and WS damage. Multi attack is not a factor. 75sb can do twice more hits than 50sb and if because of multi attack you will make your 20hits with sb75 faster than 10 hits with sb50, then you will turn around and stop TPing, but you still would have 10 hits more.
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-02-12 08:08:33  
I had a weird experience awhile ago with Father time vs both Liberator and Cala. The goal was for me to try and 4 box WoC. DRK/BRD/WHM/GEO. I forget who the two trusts where.
Surviving wasn't a problem, infact it was laughably easy that I timed out. Torcleaver spam just didn't put out the DPS to kill him. I tried mutli-stepping with Liberator, and while the DPS was better, it just wasn't there. When I did finally kill him, it was with Father Time subtle blow setup. Not only did the TP denial go a long way, it also seemed to do better DPS than my Liberator. It's worth stating the obvious but I was aiming for a DT setup, not the BiS glass cannon setups.