Are These People Serious?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are these people serious?
Are these people serious?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Bismarck.Saleam
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 21:30:15  
shiva.emobi said:

Argument over religion is such a dead old horse, that's been beaten so much, I wonder why you people even bother. You ALL lose. Religion is a way of life, not a means of condemnation. So just shut up and mind your own business.

You're right and you're wrong.

You're right in the sense that it can't be changed.

Wrong in the sense that we should go along with it.

People DIE because as a result of their beliefs. Pretty good reason for me to bother =\

and at enjoylife

I don't judge a person by their religion, you're probably a cool guy. Although I'll never respect your religion, I'm not trying to attack you personally and hope you don't see it that way.
[+]
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 21:31:05  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Shiva.Emobi said:
So just shut up and mind your own business.

Yeah. how rude of us to go and talk about religion in a thread about religion.

I 'lol'd
 Shiva.Enjoylife
サーバ: Shiva
user: Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 21:41:56  
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/comm_topic.cfm?AuthorID=31&commInfo=69&GroupID=0

see dinosaurs and the bible.

u need realplayer to view the videos >< just warning u
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 21:48:14  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/comm_topic.cfm?AuthorID=31&commInfo=69&GroupID=0

I'll try it out tomorrow if I recall, going to be home all day anyways lol. Thanks for taking the time to find that. I should see if I can sort through my Romance notes and pull up some stuff to back up what I said about language before.
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 22:03:17  
one last thing before this thread dies.

Enjoylife.

Teach me
I want endless angel skin =O (haha)
 Shiva.Drteeth
user: Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 22:08:31  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:

I got about 30 minutes-ish into the Noah's Ark and Dinosaurs video. At this point he began saying how the dinosaurs were called "dragons" back in that time, and were being hunted for food. That is why they died off.

I turned it off partly because i was laughing so hard, and because the video is two hours long and I don't have the time to watch it all tonight.

But holy ***. Really?
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-04 22:10:38  
Shiva.Drteeth said:

I got about 30 minutes-ish into the Noah's Ark and Dinosaurs video. At this point he began saying how the dinosaurs were called "dragons" back in that time, and were being hunted for food. That is why they died off.

I turned it off partly because i was laughing so hard, and because the video is two hours long and I don't have the time to watch it all tonight.

But holy ***. Really?

Good for a laugh, I guess lol
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 22:12:28  
My girlfriend was studying when I started laughing hysterically, at which point I showed her that part of the video. She sat there, mouth agape, stunned. We both had a pretty good laugh.
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 22:15:48  
Why are you laughing? I haven't watched video but I feel pretty strongly that they could of easily hunted the dinosaurs for food. Especially since they had jedi and predator companions.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-04 22:16:56  
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 22:17:49  
the word dinosaur was created in mid 1800s

laugh all you want, i really dont care
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-04 22:17:54  
Bismarck.Saleam said:
Why are you laughing? I haven't watched video but I feel pretty strongly that they could of easily hunted the dinosaurs for food. Especially since they had jedi and predator companions.
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 22:19:07  
all the large "dinosaurs" died in the flood
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 22:25:01  
Asura.Korpg said:
Bismarck.Saleam said:

I feel like you quoted this and then didn't say anything.

"1220 A.D. It was used in English versions of the Bible from 1340 on. "

cough.
 Bismarck.Saleam
By Bismarck.Saleam 2009-11-04 22:27:53  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
all the large "dinosaurs" died in the flood

they fell over and couldn't get back up. Dinosaur tipping. I think that's how the jedi's and predators worked anyhow. Predators set up super strong wires made up of alien metals behind the dinosaur and the jedi force pushed them over.
 Shiva.Drteeth
By Shiva.Drteeth 2009-11-04 22:28:30  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
the word dinosaur was created in mid 1800s

laugh all you want, i really dont care

He says that in the video, too. He also doesn't back up any of his dates or information. The entire video is laughable.
 Shiva.Enjoylife
By Shiva.Enjoylife 2009-11-04 22:52:50  
typical response from someone who has closed there mind from all other possibilities

the godlessness in this country and in our culture is the work of the devil, he doesnt want you to believe in god, he wants god to be your enemy
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-11-04 23:15:03  
Cerberus.Saiya said:
;_; My posts never get responses. Should I be more insulting? Maybe less articulate? I dunno ,_, /fail

Don't feel bad, I posted a perfectly awkward unclickable link to a youtube vid I thought might be relevant back on page 2. No one looked at it, either. Which, looking back on the direction the thread has gone since then, is probably a good thing. No one would appreciate it at this point, I think.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-04 23:18:23  
Cerberus.Saiya said:
;_; My posts never get responses. Should I be more insulting? Maybe less articulate? I dunno ,_, /fail
I *also* didn't see this until it was quoted, but I wouldn't worry about it. I think people looking to intelligently engage kind of fluttered off, I haven't even bothered to read the rest of this as it's getting kind of tired. Your previous posts were spot-on, though!
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-11-05 02:29:19  
Kudos to (mostly) everyone at least "attempting" to maintain some civility in a generally hostile topic.

I think of religion this way... I read Dr. Suess books to my son. He's smart enough to know that they are fairy tales, full of imaginary ideas and creations.

Why, if we are all smart enough to understand that Dr. Suess books are fictional, can we not apply the same logic and reasoning to a man who lives in a city in the clouds and talks through burning bushes, and lives with a talking donkey? Talking serpents in a garden in which only two fully evolved humans live? What about genetic degradation due to a constant system of inbreeding?

You cannot claim that a book is 100% fact if it mentions the second world war, then mentions that frogs could talk at one point but no longer exist because they all flew off in giant spaceships and got sucked into the sun... Yes, there was a world war, but no, talking space frogs were not pulling the strings. It simply doesn't make sense from a logical perspective. And you cannot base your "factual" proofs on faith, or belief.

Think of the bible as a great book of stories that provide structure and morals that you should try to emulate. (Leave out Deuteronomy, whatever you do... leave that out.) But not as a 100% factual account.

The stories in the bible are merely that, stories. They tell a tale, then provide a moral. Like Aesop's Fables.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2009-11-05 02:44:15  
Anything that prevents me from getting candy on Halloween night is bad. Religion is no exception.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-05 10:26:33  
Shiva.Enjoylife said:
typical response from someone who has closed there mind from all other possibilities the godlessness in this country and in our culture is the work of the devil, he doesnt want you to believe in god, he wants god to be your enemy

Typical response from a closed mind.

Relax, and open your mind to possiblities that you might be wrong, or look for explanations of why you are right.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-05 10:30:58  
Gilgamesh.Kenzilla said:
I'm a proud christian. So *** what?

I am an anti christ as well. So *** what?

So its either you're confused beyond your own understanding, or you're a contradictive *** like the rest of the Christian folk... Which one is it?

For those of you who've played the game 'Telephone", the bible runs along the same concept.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-05 10:32:09  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
So its either you're confused beyond your own understanding, or you're a contradictive *** like the rest of the Christian folk... Which one is it?

He was trying to make a point.

Some people call it sarcasm. Look it up sometime.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-05 10:33:42  
Siren.Enternius said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

He was trying to make a point.

Some people call it sarcasm. Look it up sometime.

I did not sense the sarcasm.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-05 10:36:53  
It's very hard to convey sarcasm over the internet. I, for one, picked it up the moment I read what he said, but that's just me.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-05 10:39:54  
Siren.Enternius said:
It's very hard to convey sarcasm over the internet. I, for one, picked it up the moment I read what he said, but that's just me.

I kindof got it too, but I can see also where it would go over people's heads.

Maybe there should be an internet law stating that sarcasm is illegal or something to that nature (which contridicts the whole internet law concept anyway).
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-05 10:41:13  
Asura.Korpg said:
Siren.Enternius said:

I kindof got it too, but I can see also where it would go over people's heads.

Maybe there should be an internet law stating that sarcasm is illegal or something to that nature (which contridicts the whole internet law concept anyway).

I just say the phrase "I am a Christian" and instantly thought "Contradiction", but that's just me.
 Fairy.Maimed
サーバ: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2009-11-05 17:09:39  
Vegetto start up a new, interesting thread. You had something good going here yesterday but today this topic wasn't as fun and hyped up like it was yesterday. Make it happen!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10