Are These People Serious?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Are these people serious?
Are these people serious?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 14:57:25  
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Anyone know the reason why some fire trucks are painted that awful yellow-green?

lmfao i know this for some reason, because supposedly red fire trucks are more likely to get into accidents as the lime-yellow fire trucks.

same goes for cars, statistically red cars have more accidents than any other color.

And yes... that is why they wear pale green no lie lol... my professor is obsessed about *** color more than any human being I've ever seen in my life. He knew way too many things like that.

I can't even remember half of it. We did math based color theory in that damn class -.-

was so horrible lol.

Sorry to derail the topic btw >_>
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-13 15:03:25  
Lol I added to the derail just to see if anyone really knew.

Red is considered an attractive, bold color so people would be distracted and an accident would happen.

The yellow-green/lime yellow is more of an annoying color. It helps you associate it to an emergency vehicle and quickly pull over. You will actually have a hard time staring at it.

This is what I remember.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 15:06:04  
Ramuh.Lilbusta said:
Lol I added to the derail just to see if anyone really knew.

Red is considered an attractive, bold color so people would be distracted and an accident would happen.

The yellow-green/lime yellow is more of an annoying color. It helps you associate it to an emergency vehicle and quickly pull over. You will actually have a hard time staring at it.

This is what I remember.
Quote:
Researchers Stephen S. Solomon and James G. King (volunteer firefighters themselves) were aware of these perceptual differences when they analyzed accident data from the Dallas Fire Department. In the 1970’s and early 1980’s, the City of Dallas started replacing its all-red fire vehicles with lime-yellow fire vehicles with white upper cabs. After the early 1980’s, the fire department bought red vehicles with white cabs. During their four year study published in 1995, Solomon and King found that the risk of a visibility-related, multiple-vehicle accident may be as much as three times greater for red or red/white fire pumpers compared to lime-yellow/white pumpers. The results also show that when lime-yellow/white fire emergency vehicles are involved in an accident, the likelihood of injury or towaway damage is less than for red or red/white vehicles involved in an accident. An earlier study by Solomon involving nine cities and 750,000 fire-vehicle trips found that lime-yellow fire pumpers were half as likely as red fire pumpers to be involved in intersection accidents.

http://www.psychologymatters.org/solomon.html

Haha we was both right.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-13 15:19:44  
XD

Weird how this derailing sheds new light into things we don't even questions or think about.
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-11-17 15:23:29  
Seraph.Aena said:
I thought atheism was a belief that there is no deity of any sort (opposite of theism), and only being agnostic meant you do not hold a belief in anything until you have proof - not atheism...

Well, consider the words..."theism" is belief..."a-theism" is lack of belief.

It's really that simple. 8)
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-11-17 15:30:51  
Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
"And black isn't a color, it's just the absence of light." You KNOWWWW what I meant, Silv. lol

/poke

Heh...sorry, I just get a wee bit riled up when I think people are trying to claim atheism is a religion. I've never understood why that is, since religion inherently requires holy books, preachers, and rituals...atheism has none of those, which by definition excludes it from being considered a belief system. ^,^;
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-11-17 16:04:55  
Atheism is a religion just as Scientology is a science...

THEY MAKE NO SENSE!

/endrandom
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-01 03:38:32  
whats wrong with the message they gave to you OP. Maybe you are the *** ignorant one?
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-12-01 03:40:03  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
whats wrong with the message they gave to you OP. Maybe you are the *** ignorant one?
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Copy/pasta from BG, but since its not mentioned here yet, I thought I'd port it over.

QQ
Now you're trying too hard. I wrote nothing QQ in my OP. I don't have a magnet lodged up my *** so I don't know why you're so attracted to following it around these forums.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-12-01 03:44:38  
ahhh religion is taking over every forum!!

Time to break out my bible bashing stick.
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 03:47:41  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

TAKE THIS ATHEISTICAL GATLING GUN INSTEAD!!!!
By semimmortal 2009-12-01 04:11:25  
Kujata.Segaia said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

TAKE THIS ATHEISTICAL GATLING GUN INSTEAD!!!!
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
サーバ: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2009-12-01 04:54:40  
AND MY OWL!!!

Bahamut.Rydiya
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-12-01 04:55:52  
Your owl is broken.
 Shiva.Narkash
サーバ: Shiva
user: Narkash
By Shiva.Narkash 2009-12-14 08:31:17  
Stupid question: Ever see a rabbi come door to door offering pamphlets? judaism is actually about not converting -everyone-.

now to my main point which i'm about to be flamed for:

Christianity didn't take the complete stories or ideas from the jewish torah. not even close. This is all thanks to constantine, who in the state of trying to win a war against rome, said he saw a crucifix come from the sky and made him "convert".

christianity didn't take a major role into the world until a couple hundred years after jesus had died and the christians were persecuted along side with the jews.

another thing is, dates cannot be held as a reliable source of information, since a.) the normal calendar that we use today was invented around 500 A.D.(don't quote me on this, it's around that time).

also, the people who kept rewriting the bible during the dark ages were monks, they didn't have to be literate, just had to know how to copy letter to letter. Saying this, i have read the Torah(in hebrew), the bible(in english), and the Qu'ran in english, both the fundamentalist version and the SFW version. also the complete jewish religion has more books than just what makes up the "old testament" look it up. On top of that, Judaism hasn't changed the stories or anything thereof in the past 6000~ years.

ontop of that, i have studied religion in college for 2 semesters, i know it's not much, but i have. so i can give some intellectual basis on my arguements.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-12-14 08:39:18  

Phoenix.Settiesama
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Settiesama 2009-12-17 07:27:30  
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10