October 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-11 05:41:00  
Holy ***, they actually updated stuff from our localization thread.

The armor is visible in Funk's links, but they also did:
* Various issues with incorrect text.
* Various issues with incorrect or misleading item help text.

However, known issue:
* Various issues with incorrect text.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-11 05:42:12  
I'm also slightly, very slightly disappointed the Crit+1 on DNC Empy+3 Head didn't become a Crit+2.
Given how the piece is absolutely stellar there's no real space for complaints, but still I've been hoping to get another crit hit granted by the buff for the longest time, sigh.

For the rest really, I think we've nailed it down already with what Simon said.

What was good on +2 is even better on +3.
What wasn't particularly good (or even just bad) on +2, didn't get saved by +3.

I wasn't expecting new special aguments or stats on the +3 like someone else, but I was expecting more "job specific" bonuses to be increased in the +3 version, whereas the majority of them maintained the bonus they had on the +2 version and, yes, it's quite disappointing.
Even more so because it seems this choice is completely arbitrary and random, it's not a matter of balance or "fear" to make some pieces too strong. It's just plain stupid and shows their ignorance in how the game works, shame shame shame.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-11 05:48:36  
I haven't finished reading them yet, but I'll tell you right now that Song Effect Duration +14% on BRD Empy+3 body is going to be the biggest disappointment for me of this whole release.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-11 05:53:16  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I haven't finished reading them yet, but I'll tell you right now that Song Effect Duration +14% on BRD Empy+3 body is going to be the biggest disappointment for me of this whole release.
I don't get your disappointment. What were you expecting exactely?
The +3 version is 1% more than +2, which is 1% more than the +1, which is 1% more than the 109 version.
I mean... was there really space to expect something else?

The real disappointment is the complete lack of Song+2.
I could see them not giving +2 to Minuet or Madrigal, whatever, who cares.
But March and especially the *** Ballad? Gdi why?
They even put song+2 on the crafted HQ Mousai set, yet no song+2 on the Empy+3, this ***is beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I tell ya.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-10-11 06:03:47  
I was hoping it would go 12 -> 13 -> 15 at least. 2% upgrade is just so little.

Anyway, big winner for me is obviously BLM with Wicce Sabots +3. Now they can reach a -95% damage Mana Wall, which stacks with normal DT for -97.5% (and Phalanx.) If you would have taken 1000 HP damage from a hit, instead you take 24 MP damage. SE made BLM invincible. Tanaka wouldn't approve.
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-10-11 06:03:51  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I don't get your disappointment. What were you expecting exactely?
The +3 version is 1% more than +2, which is 1% more than the +1, which is 1% more than the 109 version.
I mean... was there really space to expect something else?

The real disappointment is the complete lack of Song+2.
I could see them not giving +2 to Minuet or Madrigal, whatever, who cares.
But March and especially the *** Ballad? Gdi why?
They even put song+2 on the crafted HQ Mousai set, yet no song+2 on the Empy+3, this ***is beyond HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE I tell ya.

The lack of ballad+2 is the biggest thing I'm pissed off about. The entire set doesn't even seem worth +3 for the minor upgrades you get
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-11 06:04:24  
Someone pass me some beer, it's gonna take some time for me to get through this BRD disappointment Q_Q
As a big fan of ninja I got tons you can have let's share together.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-11 06:07:17  
I looked at three pieces and realized what they did. Really wasn't worth looking through the entire list, can be summed up as "good items got better".
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-10-11 06:07:49  
I think that those of you who are disappointed with the Empy set of the Brd do not take into account that the BRD is still TOP and that they will soon put a new Primal instrument...
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-11 06:08:09  
I'm also slightly, very slightly disappointed the Crit+1 on DNC Empy+3 Head didn't become a Crit+2.
Given how the piece is absolutely stellar there's no real space for complaints, but still I've been hoping to get another crit hit granted by the buff for the longest time, sigh.

For the rest really, I think we've nailed it down already with what Simon said.

What was good on +2 is even better on +3.
What wasn't particularly good (or even just bad) on +2, didn't get saved by +3.

I wasn't expecting new special aguments or stats on the +3 like someone else, but I was expecting more "job specific" bonuses to be increased in the +3 version, whereas the majority of them maintained the bonus they had on the +2 version and, yes, it's quite disappointing.
Even more so because it seems this choice is completely arbitrary and random, it's not a matter of balance or "fear" to make some pieces too strong. It's just plain stupid and shows their ignorance in how the game works, shame shame shame.
This is spot on sadly it just seems they don't understand at all its not even being mad its just disappointing. Se sat here saying how great the gear was gonna be and overpowered it was gonna be with master levels. This ***changed almost nothing for alot of jobs that needed some help
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-11 06:30:08  
kinkanat said: »
I think that those of you who are disappointed with the Empy set of the Brd do not take into account that the BRD is still TOP and that they will soon put a new Primal instrument...
Yeah because clearly how powerful or weak the reforged gear is, is clearly connected to how much help that specific job needed or didn't.
Riiiiight?
Right, eh?

Lulz.
I mean, as annoying as it would be things would necessarily be more "understandable" if they were like that, but alas nope, it's not the case kinkanat, sorry.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-11 06:33:21  
Vaerix said: »
The entire set doesn't even seem worth +3 for the minor upgrades you get
Let's not exxagerate now.
It's one of the few +1 sets that we still used entirely. So turning it into +3 is only gonna make things better but... for some pieces it's gonna be useless.
What do I need more eva, acc, att, macc for a piece I'm gonna use exclusively while singing?
Or take the feet. Wow nice nomnom BRD use these to idle because of the movement speed+18.

And... THEY DID NOT pick this piece as one of the "-damage taken" piece.
I mean how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE is that?
Some choices are so incredibly wrong it feels like they are trolling.
Of course I know they aren't, it's just pure ignorance. Whomever decided how to distribute the new stats on these new sets, well, he was clearly competent on some jobs and completely ignorant many others, and this is what we get.
I can't express how disappointing some reforged sets are, then again it was clear from the +2 version already so...
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-10-11 06:34:32  
I am in complete and utter belief about how +3 are so underwhelming.

I had a modicum of hope for big time gains, alas, no.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2022-10-11 06:44:13  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
GEO head didn't gain any extra "Luopan:Regen" from the +2 version
+2 is 4 and +3 is 5, while it was the expected increase of 1, do you mean that it just didn't get any additional on top of the expected?
By SimonSes 2022-10-11 06:46:47  
And... THEY DID NOT pick this piece as one of the "-damage taken" piece.

They have 157 meva and 10 MDB though, which is more important than DT at this point.

Head has 11DT and higher meva than Nyame
Legs has 13DT and higher meva than Nyame

With Nyame body and hands, you have 40%DT. You can cap DT with Dring or just PDT with cape. You dont need DT on feet.

Dont get me wrong, Im disappointed about many things too, but you are wrong on this specific piece :)
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-11 06:47:50  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
GEO head didn't gain any extra "Luopan:Regen" from the +2 version
+2 is 4 and +3 is 5, while it was the expected increase of 1, do you mean that it just didn't get any additional on top of the expected?
I mean tbh I was hoping for +2 tbh I'll take the +1 but it's not worth the points or time to work on til very last thing in my eyes.
By SimonSes 2022-10-11 07:02:51  
What do I need more eva, acc, att, macc for a piece I'm gonna use exclusively while singing?

That seems to be a little missed statement too.

Body is bis for debuffs with flute and you might want to use it with string for duration too.
Hands are by far bis for debuffs, beside duration for lullaby.
Legs are by far bis for string debuffs and as good as AF+3 for flute, but with much better survivability.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-11 07:08:11  
SimonSes said: »
That seems to be a little missed statement too.

Body is bis for debuffs with flute and you might want to use it with string for duration too.
Body for sure, unquestionably so.
Hands... well it's debateable but they're ok.
Arguably you could raise the relevance of legs in some sets.
You totally don't cast with Feet or Head though.

BRD is definitely one of the job who got kicked in the bollux when it comes to Empy reforge. Like NIN, PUP, and several others too.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-11 07:08:22  
Yeah because clearly how powerful or weak the reforged gear is, is clearly connected to how much help that specific job needed or didn't.
Riiiiight?
Right, eh?

it kind of is, look at what they gave SAM (who was suffering from lack of a good hybrid set)

buffing jobs that are already strong is just power creep for the sake of power creep, it makes sense from a design perspective to give milder increases to jobs that are already S-tier while giving bigger boosts to jobs that are lagging
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-10-11 07:14:35  
Thf and nin would like to shank you in a dark alley for that statement.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-11 07:25:34  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
it kind of is
That must totally be the reason why PUP and NIN got such awesome sets then.
Or RDM, because RDM was clearly a bad job in a very bad position which is exactely why the reforged empy is so good.
Right? XD

And as much as I can agree with SAM being one of the last jobs in need with good hybrid option, the job was still one of the most favoured in current content.
They were favored even WITHOUT decent hybrid options, just to tell you how much in a "bad" balance position SAM was.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-11 07:47:41  
SE's idea of balance doesn't necessarily reflect your own idea of balance. The NA consensus is not inherently accurate or better than their idea, either. Utsusemi defined the entire game for a decade, it's still incredibly powerful when applicable. THF has a uniquely powerful ability to influence drops(TH14 gives over triple the droprate of TH4 on very/super/ultra rare classed drops..). Pet jobs are difficult to balance in general, but the ease of execution requires they be comparatively weaker(which extends across most MMOs, not just FFXI).

I'm not saying they put insane thought into every piece of every set here, they obviously didn't. But, I don't personally think it's in the best interest of the game to give meaningful buffs to S-tier jobs. We have very little new content coming, they are aware they cannot introduce new content quickly. Making players stronger and letting them stomp through existing content is worse design.

Players may have used SAM, but it was objectively much weaker defensively than the other top tier DPS, while not being meaningfully stronger offensively. It was in a decent place, but that was due to player preference not innate qualities of the job. Obviously they saw that it had a weakness and addressed it, every other dedicated DPS job already had a hybrid option.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-10-11 07:51:58  
it kind of is
That must totally be the reason why PUP and NIN got such awesome sets then.
Or RDM, because RDM was clearly a bad job in a very bad position which is exactely why the reforged empy is so good.
Right? XD

And as much as I can agree with SAM being one of the last jobs in need with good hybrid option, the job was still one of the most favoured in current content.
They were favored even WITHOUT decent hybrid options, just to tell you how much in a "bad" balance position SAM was.
That's kinda why I think so many of us are disappointed least thats why I am jobs they really needed the help basically got nothing. I was hoping for job specific stats on +3. Thf getting more th wasn't really on my least for example. This also makes it even worse if r30 odyssey ever becomes a thing.
By SimonSes 2022-10-11 07:51:59  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

THF? THF got a great pieces.
Body is amazing for Dagger WSs and for TP with Conspirator.
Legs+Head are bis for TP with Twashtar. Even more if you also decide to add +3 Feet for TH.
Feet are now only things you need for TH8 and together with Legs+Head, they are lower DPS drop too.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-10-11 07:52:10  
I still can't believe we had to wait like, what, 3-4 years for this? Just base stats and WSD, FC, PDL or DT slapped on every piece with job-specific stats barely touched. Relic with Su5 and necks were vastly more exciting than this.

Not expecting much from Prime weapons at this point. Probably just pure damage weapons again.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-11 07:54:20  
I think the sentiment that a lot of people are putting out is that with the +3s being defined, there is very few avenues for more JSE improvements.

If you didn't get all you wanted and more when you perceive that others did, then it feels bad. The other bit is that the +2s are pretty good for little work and now you are searching for motivation to do significantly more work for +3s that you may not feel warrant it objectively and it's compounded by disappointment.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would say that the +3s are bad pieces, but they aren't living up to patch day expectations. Worse still is that the pieces may be good, but they are sets and there are very few instances where it feels like you'd want to 4/5 or 5/5 them so it feels like they also failed to implement meaningful set bonuses when they achieved it earlier on the Artifact sets.

Let's hope they will do something about getting +2 earrings more reliably and that the Prime Weapons will be something to care about. Otherwise I can see it being hard for people to wash this bad taste out of their mouth.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-11 07:59:01  
SE's idea of balance doesn't necessarily reflect your own idea of balance. The NA consensus is not inherently accurate or better than their idea, either.
This is a very valid point Thorny.
But as much as we may want to relativize this perspective, there's some things that are quite frankly well beyond that.
We might not put all of the complaints expressed so far into that group, but a good amount alas does.
By Aerix 2022-10-11 07:59:28  
SimonSes said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

THF? THF got a great pieces.
Body is amazing for Dagger WSs and for TP with Conspirator.
Legs+Head are bis for TP with Twashtar. Even more if you also decide to add +3 Feet for TH.
Feet are now only things you need for TH8 and together with Legs+Head, they are lower DPS drop too.

Legs for TP? I don't see how Crit Rate and DT with the meager set bonus would beat out TA/Crit Dmg from the AF legs, even for white damage setups. Unless it's supposed to be a hybrid white damage set.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-10-11 08:00:41  
Aerix said: »
Not expecting much from Prime weapons at this point. Probably just pure damage weapons again.
Given that they used the Relic approach (most prime weapons will have multiple jobs on them) instead of the mythic job-specific one, it's quite clear we won't be getting anything more than that.

Which is still better than nothing, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't count on Prime Weapons to save the day.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-10-11 08:06:05  
Aerix said: »
Given that they used the Relic approach (most prime weapons will have multiple jobs on them) instead of the mythic job-specific one, it's quite clear we won't be getting anything more than that.

Which is still better than nothing, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't count on Prime Weapons to save the day.

Well, they mostly did the same with Bonanza weapons and still managed to add some interesting stats on those. But I doubt they'd do something like that again.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7