フォーラム » FFXI » General » Sortie Release - Info
Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165
 Phoenix.Gavroches
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-10-04 11:43:47  
They do come “fast” , I have my 4 probably few runs after my post, leader of the group has 30+, it’s just we all anxious of getting them. You will get a lot more than you know what to do with if you can do HQ when time allows.

Haven’t done HQ since we lost our RDM, interestingly enough, he was gathering +1 box to check the stats, it’s too bad as he was at 70 range and ppl would have love to hear his pet project
[+]
By Taint 2024-10-04 12:42:31  
Shiva.Liam said: »
Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
Taint said: »

Also what is everyone's Meso luck like? We went 1/2 and now we are in the 1/15 range.

Funny you said that, started hot with 2/2 and now 2/??? lol

I hope you all managed to get the rest of your mesos, if either of these groups see this how many runs did it take in the end?

funnily (frustratingly) enough our group also went 2/2 and haven't seen one since, are now at 2/11. getting disheartening!

one of our members got their 2nd stage 4 after the first two, with spaghetti code as it is i'm starting to worry that they cancel each other out!

Our first 4 took 20 some runs. I meant to get a more firm count for our second batch but we got 3 in 6 ish kills and haven't seen one since.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-10-04 12:46:05  
This is a lengthy statement but reading about everyones sortie frustrations lead me to this thought.

My personal issue really is that none of the primes outside of the horn are unique outside of their own associated weapon skills.

I don't dislike Sortie but I also don't particularly find it interesting/challenging. I have done it quite regularly up until the last few months or so but I enjoy being challenged in games. As masochistic as it may sound, I enjoy the process of failing over and over, trying new strategies and then finally clearing content. Odyssey did this well in my opinion and felt like a accomplishment climbing our way and eventually clearing v25.

Sortie unfortunately does not give me the same sense of accomplishment or desire to consistently do on a daily basis.

Now with that said if the weapons had unique traits/skills associated with them, I think the playerbase, including myself would be more inclined to grind sortie and in particular grind Aminon on a regular basis if the Stage 5 provided some sort of job specific unique skill/trait/spell etc.

Imagine the gun at stage 5 gave a unique roll or even a third roll, club giving potency to entrust or even a huge boost to duration so that it could be up full time. Shield giving shield bash an attack down or evasion down effect. Great axe could have "enhanced breaks". They gave BRD a new song... so it could have been done.

Some of those ideas might be to powerful sure and could be different, but my point is that its a long hard monotonous grind for a stage 5 shiny that essentially is just a powered up relic weapon without any "real" uniqueness.

My thought process goes to the new master trials that to the best of my knowledge no one has cleared the recent two. Amongst other dilemmas in the fights, it's known that accuracy is an issue... lets say your stage 5 gun gives you a third roll... all of a sudden you can have chaos/sam/hunters and maybe then not having soul voice madrigals is such an issue.

That would make more sense to me as to how our new shiny primes could be useful in these so called Master Trials that are for "us to have somewhere to use them".
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-10-04 13:34:37  
Shiva.Myamoto said: »
This is a lengthy statement but reading about the everyones sortie frustrations lead me to this thought.

My personal issue really is that none of the primes outside of the horn are unique outside of their own associated weapon skills.

I don't dislike Sortie but I also don't particularly find it interesting/challenging. I have done it quite regularly up until the last few months or so but I enjoy being challenged in games. As masochistic as it may sound, I enjoy the process of failing over and over, trying new strategies and then finally clearing content. Odyssey did this well in my opinion and felt like a accomplishment climbing our way and eventually clearing v25.

Sortie unfortunately does not give me the same sense of accomplishment or desire to consistently do on a daily basis.

Now with that said if the weapons had unique traits/skills associated with them, I think the playerbase, including myself would be more inclined to grind sortie and in particular grind Aminon on a regular basis if the Stage 5 provided some sort of job specific unique skill/trait/spell etc.

Imagine the gun at stage 5 gave a unique roll or even a third roll, club giving potency to entrust or even a huge boost to duration so that it could be up full time. Shield giving shield bash an attack down or evasion down effect. Great axe could have "enhanced breaks". They gave BRD a new song... so it could have been done.

Some of those ideas might be to powerful sure and could be different, but my point is that its a long hard monotonous grind for a stage 5 shiny that essentially is just a powered up relic weapon without any "real" uniqueness.

My thought process goes to the new master trials that to the best of my knowledge no one has cleared the recent two. Amongst other dilemmas in the fights, it's known that accuracy is an issue... lets say your stage 5 gun gives you a third roll... all of a sudden you can have chaos/sam/hunters and maybe then not having soul voice madrigals is such an issue.

That would make more sense to me as to how our new shiny primes could be useful in these so called Master Trials that are for "us to have somewhere to use them".

One day SE could (probably won't) give them SU 5 weapon type augs that could make them more interesting.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-10-04 14:23:26  
I've personally seen at least three +1 cases from the upstairs B door objectives and A resting chests. This is from hundreds of runs, so certainly not even just rare.
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2024-10-04 14:25:50  
Augs on primes is probably the only hope left for that sort of thing, I agree. Would be really cool but I'm not holding my breath.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-04 14:57:37  
Shiva.Myamoto said: »
This is a lengthy statement but reading about everyones sortie frustrations lead me to this thought.

This just...isn't how Ultimate weapons work. With the exception of mythic weapons (the only Ultimate category which is job-specific), instruments (because what else could they do...?) and shields (kind of, but not really), very few of them actually change the job.

Relic: The only one of these that offers anything that changes the way you play the job, or adds any new functionality to any job are the gun/bow
Empyrean: None of these do absolutely anything that changes the way you play any of the jobs
Aeonics: None of these do absolutely anything that changes the way you play any of the jobs

Unless you consider "able to make new skillchains", which primes do, then none of the ultimate weapons do anything to change your job or how you play it.

I guess Su5s kinda count? So...there ya go I guess. Considering that Prime weapons have multiple jobs on them, I would not expect that they will ever, under any circumstance, include job-changing things like extra rolls.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-10-04 15:38:19  
Quote:
Our first 4 took 20 some runs. I meant to get a more firm count for our second batch but we got 3 in 6 ish kills and haven't seen one since.

I actually kept our initial mesosiderite drop count in my bazaar comment so I could keep track of it. I remember our first 4 took like 7 or 8 runs, then the next 4 took almost three times that. Supposidly the drop rate is around 1/4 so we must have had an unlucky streak. We eventually had a turnaround and got a meso almost every kill for a full week lol.

My bazaar comment says I'm 21 meso drops out of 54 HQ aminon kills, but somewhere along the way I stopped updating it. We've seen a few more mesos drop since then but we've switched to NQ kills now since they're faster. There comes a point where you have so many mesos you wont ever realistically use em all so its faster to just do NQ and hope to have time for a set of naakkuls after.
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-10-04 15:47:55  
I agree that they won't.

The point I was trying to make was that they don't have any real uniqueness to them that make me want to chase down specifically a stage 5. Considering zero content makes much of a difference whether you have them or not from a content completion perspective, its more enticing for me personally to make several stage 4's to have some fun on a few jobs over 1 or 2 stage 5's.

If stage 5 was uniquely different to some degree then perhaps I would be more interested in that grind.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-10-04 16:11:00  
My complaint is that they didn't put enough jobs on enough of them. PLD and BLU getting on club would have been sick. SAM on bow could have been cool. COR on dagger. WAR on Axe. GEO on staff. Simply put, if PLD can be on 3 already and there can be 4 jobs on dagger, just take the restrictions off.

I think if you're going to enhance jobs then it's you getting to put su5 c path on either the mythics or as a job trait for hitting ML 50. Power adjustments can be made as needed if something is just too good.

Gun and Bow are pretty unique, same with the Scythe. But yeah after that you're seeing a lot of the same.
--
I went 4/9 with TH4 on my mesos.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zedoma
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zedoma
By Bahamut.Zedoma 2024-10-04 17:28:19  
My groups meso batch drop rate: 4/12 4/11 4/13
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2024-10-04 17:33:45  
we were seeing about 60% drop rate with Th4, I think th4 should definetly be applied for mesos
[+]
By Taint 2024-10-04 17:56:14  
Asura.Toralin said: »
we were seeing about 60% drop rate with Th4, I think th4 should definetly be applied for mesos

Wow we TH4 all of ours and are 7/30+++ Closer to the 25% others are reporting.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2024-10-04 17:58:42  
Taint said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »

Wow we TH4 all of ours and are 7/30+++ Closer to the 25% others are reporting.
These numbers are crazy to me, we had a new member so we did some HM and went 4/5. I thought after they changed the drop rate it was like 90%, guess we were just lucky
By deathsv 2024-10-04 20:13:53  
4/9, no TH
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165