Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-29 12:51:05  
Taint said: »
We easily zerged G boss. RUN,DRK,WAR dual boxed whm, COR, BRD
All SPs were used and he melted.

It makes the 3 min timer a non issue.

Yeah E/F and G are all easily zergable, even without SP's, it's H that I'm looking at because that is the most similar to The Final Boss.
[+]
By Taint 2022-12-29 16:29:22  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Yeah E/F and G are all easily zergable, even without SP's, it's H that I'm looking at because that is the most similar to The Final Boss.

What’s your job set up if you don’t mind sharing?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-29 16:58:48  

What’s your job set up if you don’t mind sharing?

We originally did

PLD
WAR (Gaxe)
COR
BRD
GEO
SCH

Just the WAR doing Kings Justice (Conq) with the COR doing Savage Blade brought it down to ~50% within a minute. The GEO was automatically casting tier 1 nukes in response to the TP moves vi react, the BRD didn't WS (I assigned them Shark Bite but didn't realize bard doesn't get that). When the fetter started spawning on the SCH, he freaked out and ran to the group causing our Adhemar wearing COR to explode.

Overall I think we can win if both BRD and COR spam Savage Blade while the SCH circles around the outside of the party. Just want to know if we can disable the fetters, or how their spawn mechanic works.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-29 17:42:44  
causing our Adhemar wearing COR to explode.
Haha laughed way to hard at this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-12-29 18:56:34  
Overall I think we can win if both BRD and COR spam Savage Blade while the SCH circles around the outside of the party. Just want to know if we can disable the fetters, or how their spawn mechanic works.

I think it may be something like the fetters spawn on whoever is:

-Last or near last on the hate list
-not actively damaging the boss
-within a certain distance away from the boss
-a specific mage job (could be like this month's ambu where housemaker goes to a very specific player based on an action)

I know in a mage setup as the primary nuker, the fetter from Aita went to the GEO almost every time. This could be because he was healing the RUN, or doing nothing/very little at all. It never spawned on me as the BLM (may have spawned on the SCH making SCs, but it's hard to tell unless we space out)

Anyways, a good way to deal with fetters is either what you said: fight Aita in the middle, and have your backline sidestep in a circle around the party (but this could be dangerous if too many fetters spawn, making it hard to position for heals properly) OR have your backline position themselves against a wall and your tank/vanguard/frontline fights away from a wall. Every fetter spawn, your backline can sidestep the fetter and create a border on the outside of the arena, similar to Lilith fight. That way, your party is not walled by fetters and can still escape and 30+ Vivisection, and your mages have a safe exit away from fetters, which would be on one side of the battlefield. Then after a Vivisection, your party can repeat the process on the opposite corner/wall of the arena.
By RiggityWrekd 2022-12-29 22:10:57  
how much accuracy do you need on boss E?

we just tried to zerg it with run war sam cor brd whm and we missed a lot (didn't have any accuracy songs on)
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2022-12-29 23:16:24  
BG saying about he has 1581 evasion. We put up Marcato HM, madrigal, hunters roll and food to ensure we are at accuracy cap. Without SV that put my 33 DRK with Cala at over 1600 acc. Will eventually see what can be removed
By RiggityWrekd 2022-12-30 00:23:11  
Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
BG saying about he has 1581 evasion. We put up Marcato HM, madrigal, hunters roll and food to ensure we are at accuracy cap. Without SV that put my 33 DRK with Cala at over 1600 acc. Will eventually see what can be removed

Thanks. Today we went in with run Sam war Cor brd whm and unfortunately we struggled with acc a lot. We didn't plan for madrigal and/or hunter roll.

Aside from that how do you deal with poison cloud and clobbering wave in a melee Zerg strat? Do you move the boss outside of clouds?
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2022-12-30 05:11:46  
Just had tank run him in circles on the edge of the room while DDs whooped him from behind. We did yank hate and DDs got hit with clobbering wave. So if you pull hate off tank, make sure whoever has him starts kiting in the same manner until tank gets him back.
[+]
By RiggityWrekd 2022-12-30 05:24:15  
Just had tank run him in circles on the edge of the room while DDs whooped him from behind. We did yank hate and DDs got hit with clobbering wave. So if you pull hate off tank, make sure whoever has him starts kiting in the same manner until tank gets him back.

By running in circle do you mean kiting while he is gravited or move him a few steps away when a cloud pops?
By Taint 2022-12-30 07:23:42  
He moves slowly stopping to spit. So it’s a continuous kite if you want to play safe.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-12-30 08:01:32  
RiggityWrekd said: »

Thanks. Today we went in with run Sam war Cor brd whm and unfortunately we struggled with acc a lot. We didn't plan for madrigal and/or hunter roll.

Aside from that how do you deal with poison cloud and clobbering wave in a melee Zerg strat? Do you move the boss outside of clouds?

Having the metal from Botulas helps the cloud not be dangerous, but it'll still power up that boss. Gotta move it every two or three clouds, but it shouldn't live very long anyway.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-02 21:13:28  
Ok got mechanic info on the fetters of Boss H. Whenever he does a TP move, if you don't proc it then he'll spawn a fetter of that element. To proc him you need to use the opposing element but wait a few seconds, our GEO was casting the moment the TP move finished and it still brought out fetters. We wiped / recovered and our GEO waited 2s after the TP move finished before responding with the correct nuke, blue proc every time and zero fetters. Of course we all died cause the -DT was way too high by then, but we now have a valid melee method for boss H.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-01-02 21:45:48  
Has anyone attempted a melee centric method for Aminon?
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-01-02 21:48:54  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
Before the WS wall change, yes. Its TP moves and fetters are not really something you want to be in melee range of. Even if damage is better now, I don't see how you would mitigate those two factors, plus the timing of Bane of Tartarus.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-02 21:53:13  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »

This is a lead up for that since the plan is D -> H -> Aminon. He has a few nasty moves but if you can keep him proced then nothing there is too egregious.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2023-01-02 22:20:27  
Enjoy having 6 fetters spawn when it does a tp move at low hp, then another 6 because it does back to back tp moves with wings out. There's at least a cap to how many fetters can be up, but you have to proc it or else it'll bane.
By RiggityWrekd 2023-01-03 01:13:34  

Having the metal from Botulas helps the cloud not be dangerous, but it'll still power up that boss. Gotta move it every two or three clouds, but it shouldn't live very long anyway.

finally killed boss E using a melee strategy.

RUN idle tank stays over 15 yalms away and keep moving a bit while spamming enmity spells

RDM for gravity, COR SAM BRD WHM.

We will try replacing RDM with GEO since GEO will be useful for boss G and indi-gravity should work as well for boss E.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-03 07:43:06  
Fenrir.Svens said: »
Enjoy having 6 fetters spawn when it does a tp move at low hp, then another 6 because it does back to back tp moves with wings out. There's at least a cap to how many fetters can be up, but you have to proc it or else it'll bane.

You mean like the entire report that started this discussion. Yeah we got the whole counter proc system nailed. It does a move, the GEO waits 2~3 seconds then cast the appropriate T1 counter spell. The GEO's job the entire fight is to have bubbles and counter proc.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-03 07:44:15  

RUN idle tank stays over 15 yalms away and keep moving a bit while spamming enmity spells

We will try replacing RDM with GEO since GEO will be useful for boss G and indi-gravity should work as well for boss E.

Nobody figured out what causes clobbering wave yet? That seems to be the only thing that makes this fight annoying.
By RiggityWrekd 2023-01-03 08:20:27  

Nobody figured out what causes clobbering wave yet? That seems to be the only thing that makes this fight annoying.

I'm not sure why but at some point (below 50%-60%) it started to do clobbering wave which missed but spawned poison clouds on me while I was over 15 yalms away.

Maybe some dd pulled hate briefly but overall I was able to hold hate for the whole fight.
 Bismarck.Wildmann
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Wildman
By Bismarck.Wildmann 2023-01-03 09:03:29  
I stand closer to 20 yalms away (PLD/BLU) and E boss never gets a TP move off, no clouds, no clobbering wave. RDM keeps gravity 2 on him and he's a cakewalk. We use a combination of jobs to take him down depending who is available - usually try to make fusion/light for BLM to MB to speed up the kill. SAM and RNG SC nicely.
By Taint 2023-01-03 09:22:17  
Bismarck.Wildmann said: »
I stand closer to 20 yalms away (PLD/BLU) and E boss never gets a TP move off, no clouds, no clobbering wave. RDM keeps gravity 2 on him and he's a cakewalk. We use a combination of jobs to take him down depending who is available - usually try to make fusion/light for BLM to MB to speed up the kill. SAM and RNG SC nicely.

He always cast clouds on me. Whether I'm kiting or straight tanking.
 Fenrir.Svens
By Fenrir.Svens 2023-01-03 10:11:01  
You mean like the entire report that started this discussion. Yeah we got the whole counter proc system nailed. It does a move, the GEO waits 2~3 seconds then cast the appropriate T1 counter spell. The GEO's job the entire fight is to have bubbles and counter proc.

Aminon requires 1 nuke to prevent dt buildup, but 4 additional nukes to remove fetters. Since it does tp moves back to back, you won't have time to proc the first element since you need to wait 2-3 seconds. Coupled with its Save TP + TP from attacking for nonzero dmg + TP from nuking it 5 times, it's probably ready to do another pair of TP moves at sub 25% by the time it gets staggered. I would love to see it be defeated with melee, but it quickly devolves into a ***show even at high hp.

Also, not sure about its other tp moves, but the poison potency from torrential pain is stupid at low hp, ticking for 400+, never mind the 200+ dot from fetter if you're unlucky.
[+]
By Taint 2023-01-03 11:50:42  
I'm sure its been said in this long thread but a simple addition to Sortie that would make it a lot better would be a +1 box from each Basement boss and a +2 from Aminon.

The RNG on the earrings alone is plenty.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-03 12:23:27  
Fenrir.Svens said: »

Aminon requires 1 nuke to prevent dt buildup, but 4 additional nukes to remove fetters. Since it does tp moves back to back, you won't have time to proc the first element since you need to wait 2-3 seconds. Coupled with its Save TP + TP from attacking for nonzero dmg + TP from nuking it 5 times, it's probably ready to do another pair of TP moves at sub 25% by the time it gets staggered. I would love to see it be defeated with melee, but it quickly devolves into a ***show even at high hp.

Also, not sure about its other tp moves, but the poison potency from torrential pain is stupid at low hp, ticking for 400+, never mind the 200+ dot from fetter if you're unlucky.

Only need to proc it's most recent TP move and need to do it within 30s.

Looking over it's TP moves, only two are actually concerning. Pain and Ensepulcher, but since nobody bothered to get actual info on them we'll have to get it on our own. Being able to consistency and accurately proc should make this fight much easier.

But it's ok, you should of seen the amount of hate I received after announcing that I found a viable melee strategy. Turns out people who finially got to use their mage jobs really don't want to be told to go back to healer or <insert savage blade job here>.
 Fenrir.Svens
By Fenrir.Svens 2023-01-03 13:04:14  
I'm sure its been said in this long thread but a simple addition to Sortie that would make it a lot better would be a +1 box from each Basement boss and a +2 from Aminon.

The RNG on the earrings alone is plenty.

I say give a permanent KI that allows for greater/guaranteed case upgrades to the next tier or max augments or both for beating Aminon by talking to Ruspix with the title. As for Aminon's TP moves, I'm surprised they were never updated, here's what I observed getting clapped by them with and without the seal:

Bane of Tartarus- Full Dispel/Encumbrance > KO
Blast of Reticence- Silence > Mute
Ceaseless Surge- 1-2 second stun > 6-9 second stun
Crippling Agony- knockback > knockback/full gear strip
Demonfire- Burn? idk, it did do over 2k damage once
Ensepulcher- Slow > Petrify
Eternal Misery- zombie/hate reset > 5 second doom/hate reset
Frozen Blood- paralyze
Impudence- Zombie/hate reset > 5 second doom/hate reset
Incessant Void- damage > Full dispel
Tenebrous Grip- damage > removes reraise
Torrential Pain- poison > taint
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-03 13:11:00  
Left is with seal, right is without correct? The more information the community has the better we can make plans around it. Also did Pain not dispel buffs?
 Fenrir.Svens
By Fenrir.Svens 2023-01-03 13:14:23  
Yes to first question, pain did not dispel buffs, also not sure what tenebrous grip does if you don't have reraise
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-01-03 13:16:07  
Ok do you have a wiki account to update this page? Otherwise I can try to do it when I get home from the office.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Aminon

And you wouldn't happen to know which moves were conal / circle AoE? Doubt any where single target.
First Page 2 3 ... 108 109 110 ... 155 156 157