フォーラム » FFXI » General » August 2022 Version Update
August 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23
 Asura.Shiehna
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-10 03:02:14  
Odin.Nappy said: »
Remember when they said they had to delay Empy gear because they had to do the job adjustments for all jobs since Empy gear had the adjustments with them?
Very good point, I wonder if SE actually meant that about adjusting all the jobs or if it was something they just said as a reason/excuse to delay Empy +2/3. It feels like they brushed that statement under the rug since it doesn't seem to of been mentioned again since then. Unless the master levels was what they were referring to, but that isn't really the same as job specific adjustments. It's more akin to merit and job points. I guess we shall see if those job adjustments ever happen in the near (or not so near) future.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-10 03:04:20  
Afania said: »
Draylo said: »
BLU got mostly garbage, that earring is so dumb. Would it have killed them to add blue magic duration when RDM can literally get it on anything that exists

*Checks stats of the new gear and see what's all that BLU QQ posts are about*

*Sees COR getting enmity-(which you can cap before this update) and lol recycle on the earring.*

Okay I guess it's BLUs being vocal as usual.....COR deserves 2x times more QQ posts than BLU for this! :P
Hopefully this post aint serious blu aint seen a job update or gear change worth a damn in years. It needed gear help way more than cor has or will. Also yea recycle for cors when most never shoot is kinda funny.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-10 03:05:32  
Asura.Shiehna said: »
Odin.Nappy said: »
Remember when they said they had to delay Empy gear because they had to do the job adjustments for all jobs since Empy gear had the adjustments with them?
Very good point, I wonder if SE actually meant that about adjusting all the jobs or if it was something they just said as a reason/excuse to delay Empy +2/3. It feels like they brushed that statement under the rug since it doesn't seem to of been mentioned again since then. I guess we shall see if it ever happens in the near (or not so near) future.
Don't let Simon see you say this I brought this up and was told we all were reading that wrong we have no job adjustments coming master level was the adjustment.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2022-08-10 03:06:05  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Hopefully this post aint serious blu aint seen a job update or gear change worth a damn in years. It needed gear help way more than cor has or will. Also yea recycle for cors when most never shoot is kinda funny.

Honestly those pants are really all blu needed imo.
By gargurty 2022-08-10 03:06:08  
that run empy is looking nice. Some good dt pieces to tank in with absorbing the dam
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-10 03:09:23  
Asura.Arico said: »

Um did you misread it?
[+]
 Odin.Nappy
サーバ: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2022-08-10 03:12:30  
Final Fantasy XI producer Akihiko Matsui and director Yoji Fujito answered six questions from fans. Off the bat, via the first question, they addressed future job adjustments and gave a surprising answer.

The question asked if they had plans to resume monthly job adjustments, and if so, which ones. They answered by letting players know that rather than resuming the monthly job adjustments, they are planning one big update that will balance and impact all 22 jobs at once.

MASTER LEVELS DID NOT "balance and impact all 22 jobs" Impact? Sure. BALANCE?!?!?!?!?!? HELL NO!!!!!!
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2022-08-10 03:13:00  
Don't let Simon see you say this I brought this up and was told we all were reading that wrong we have no job adjustments coming master level was the adjustment.
Yeah I actually edited my last post cause I wasn't thinking about the master levels. But that isn't the same thing as a job specific adjustment like what they did with adding majesty for PLD, etc. Master levels are basically another system of merit/job points for us to grind more into oblivion. When SE said the words job adjustments, master levels doesn't really apply to that the same way as another form/extension of job points. Fixing stuff like BLM with the nuke wall isn't gonna get solved with master levels lol.
[+]
By kinkanat 2022-08-10 03:15:44  
Are the earrings made by craft like the necks that are increased by making dynamys?
By SimonSes 2022-08-10 03:17:37  
Asura.Arico said: »

BLU legs are TP bonus of Efflux like it was for years. Someone is not playing BLU clearly.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-10 03:29:24  
Was there any AF1 or AF2 that went from +2 to +3 and got a new effect? I feel there was one but I can't recall.
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2022-08-10 03:31:49  
kinkanat said: »
Are the earrings made by craft like the necks that are increased by making dynamys?

Probably not. I'd wager they come from using the corresponding ??? Earrings, which are EX so it wouldn't make sense for them to be crafted.
By Afania 2022-08-10 03:32:52  

Hopefully this post aint serious blu aint seen a job update or gear change worth a damn in years. It needed gear help way more than cor has or will.

What do you mean exactly? Cor hasn't receive serious job specific gear update since dyna D era in 2018 as well. We had some good stuff from dyna D like rostam/relic+3 hand/feet, but that's 4 years ago.

Our best melee TP set is still identical as 2015 era TP set which is escha/sinister reign gears. Which is pretty much unusable in today's endgame.

Our best hybrid DT set(malig) is worse than sakpata and also usable by BLU. So COR isn't having an advantage here.

Our best WS set(Nyame) improved but so does everyone else.

We got naegling, so does many other jobs, and BLU.

Our domain invasion job specific gears(AE/QD dmg ammo, racc earring) is also mediocre compare with mages stuff/thrud)

Our job specific Odyssey armor (Ikenga) is only very slightly better than malig for shooting, and this set is not even melee which is what we do 90% of time anyways.

Out of all the Odyssey accessory, only belt from Procne is usable by COR and only as racc swap which we never need, because true shot is meh for guns.

We got gleti knife from Odyssey, but it's more like "Finally, an offhand better than lol blurred knife+1" since we can't even use ternion nor taming, lol.

I mean I wasn't all that serious when I replied to Draylo's post. But from 2018 to 2022 I'm fairly certain that the amount of gear increase BLU received is about the same as COR unless I am missing something very important. Just that most COR players don't care enough to QQ about it on forums. :P

The only difference is, BLU players are generally more vocal on these forums since very long time ago, so they receive more sympathy while COR receive none being a bandwagon job LOL.

Edit: this update doesn't solve COR melee TP set problem btw, if body is really a typo. We are still TPing in 2015 gears just saying. :P
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 03:37:36  

Hopefully this post aint serious blu aint seen a job update or gear change worth a damn in years. It needed gear help way more than cor has or will.

What do you mean exactly? Cor hasn't receive serious job specific gear update since dyna D era in 2018 as well. We had some good stuff from dyna D like rostam/relic+3 hand/feet, but that's 4 years ago.

Our best melee TP set is still identical as 2015 era TP which is escha/sinister reign gears. Which is pretty much unusable in today's endgame.

Our best hybrid DT set(malig) is worse than sakpata and also usable by BLU. So COR isn't having an advantage here.

Our domain invasion job specific gears(AE/QD dmg ammo, racc earring) is also mediocre compare with mages stuff/thrud)

Our job specific Odyssey armor (Ikenga) is only very slightly better than malig for shooting, and this set is not even melee which is what we do 90% of time anyways.

Out of all the Odyssey accessory, only belt from Procne is usable by COR and only as racc swap which we never need, because true shot is meh for guns.

I mean I wasn't all that serious when I replied to Draylo's post. But from 2018 to 2022 I'm fairly certain that the amount of gear increase BLU received is about the same as COR unless I am missing something very important. Just that most COR players don't care enough to QQ about it on forums. :P

The only difference is, BLU players are generally more vocal on these forums since very long time ago, so they receive more sympathy while COR receive none being a bandwagon job LOL.

Edit: this update doesn't solve COR melee TP set problem btw, if body is really a typo. We are still TPing in 2015 gears just saying. :P
Yeah, but COR owns in every possible way. BLU sucks.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-08-10 03:38:05  
COR goes to every event...Is absurdly strong at top end. Is generally desired.

BLU is none of those things.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2022-08-10 03:39:30  
What they said. And, COR is probably the most unbalanced job in the game currently lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-10 03:40:00  
Asura.Shiehna said: »
Yeah I actually edited my last post cause I wasn't thinking about the master levels. But that isn't the same thing as a job specific adjustment like what they did with adding majesty for PLD, etc. Master levels are basically another system of merit/job points for us to grind more into oblivion. When SE said the words job adjustments, master levels doesn't really apply to that the same way as another form/extension of job points. Fixing stuff like BLM with the nuke wall isn't gonna get solved with master levels lol.
Oh no wasn't against you at all it 100% agrees with you I wanna see job adjustments because either se was drunk or high.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-10 03:40:09  
I forgot! BLU can solo segments! (Then do NM's on COR)
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-08-10 03:40:32  
BLU got mostly garbage, that earring is so dumb. Would it have killed them to add blue magic duration when RDM can literally get it on anything that exists

*Sees COR getting enmity-(which you can cap before this update) and lol recycle on the earring.*

Okay I guess it's BLUs being vocal as usual.....COR deserves 2x times more QQ posts than BLU for this! :P

Did you look at the data mine?
Cor actually got something new. The legs which have higher store tp/dt then malignance.

Some jobs like blu/pup got nothing from this update.
They seem to have forgotten to add stats onto the blue +2 set and just copy pasted generic pet acc/macc/racc onto the pup set.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-08-10 03:41:08  

Our best melee TP set is still identical as 2015 era TP set which is escha/sinister reign gears. Which is pretty much unusable in today's endgame.

No shot in hell are we saying cor and blu are in the same playing field in today's game right? The only people who think cor isn't a bandwagon job has gotta be other cors I swear.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-10 03:41:46  
The fact that Ninja Tekko +2 didn't get MAB stat is a crime against humanity. It was literally that easy and obvious, I'm insulted they didn't add it. You had ONE job, SE.

Also, what the hell is up with DUAL WIELD on that mask? I get it was on the lower pieces, but for goodness sake, READ THE ROOM. We didn't need that stat at all.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-08-10 03:42:45  
Asura.Bixbite said: »

Cor got something new. The triple attack +13 body and the legs which have higher store tp/dt then malignance.

Its not Triple Attack its a typo its actually Triple Shot and we get a whole 1% extra from the +1.
By Draylo 2022-08-10 03:44:49  
Afania you are clearly biased atm, COR has been OP for years now and is brought to almost every single current end-game fight including segment farms. BLU is used for one fight as a TP drain cheese strat, generally. It's been neglected for quite some time and only given gear that a bunch of other jobs got at once. No particular unique stats to buff the job for a long time now, compared to many others. It doesn't seem unreasonable that people were not too happy with that.

Remember those arguments over how BLU was used for everything and you thought it deserved a nerf for that? Hmm maybe COR needs one lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2022-08-10 03:45:21  
Honestly at this point, the only explanation I have for PUP when it comes to adjustments is that they must think the attachments are incredibly strong or something
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2022-08-10 03:45:47  
Odin.Creaucent said: »

Cor got something new. The triple attack +13 body and the legs which have higher store tp/dt then malignance.

Its not Triple Attack its a typo its actually Triple Shot and we get a whole 1% extra from the +1.

Well you got an upgrade from malignance legs at least +1 store tp and 4 -dt%.
By Mrxi 2022-08-10 03:45:57  

Cor actually got something new. The triple attack +13% body and the legs which have higher store tp/dt then malignance.

They seem to have forgotten to add stats onto the blue +2 set and just copy pasted generic pet acc/macc/racc onto the pup set.
Nice catch on legs, to bad its not on body would rep su3, but maybe still would use it
By Afania 2022-08-10 03:46:21  
No shot in hell are we saying cor and blu are in the same playing field in today's game right?

No. But that's not the problem with gear, but problem with game mechanics, and 2 jobs being on a different roles.

You make it sound like BLU isn't invited because it receives less gears than COR from updates, when in fact the amount of the gears and updated that cor received in the last 4 years is about the same.

BLU is competing with 10 other DD on a pt but COR compete with nothing for a pt slot. That's the main reason why COR gets more invite. No amount of BLU gears can solve that problem.
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-08-10 03:47:23  

Cor actually got something new. The triple attack +13% body and the legs which have higher store tp/dt then malignance.

the COR legs have 3 less haste than malig tights unfortunately
By Afania 2022-08-10 03:47:55  
Afania you are clearly biased atm, COR has been OP for years now and is brought to almost every single current end-game fight including segment farms. BLU is used for one fight as a TP drain cheese strat, generally. It's been neglected for quite some time and only given gear that a bunch of other jobs got at once. No particular unique stats to buff the job for a long time now, compared to many others. It doesn't seem unreasonable that people were not too happy with that.

Remember those arguments over how BLU was used for everything and you thought it deserved a nerf for that? Hmm maybe COR needs one lol

See my post above. The problem isn't COR being OP, but COR is competing with zero jobs for that particular party slot.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 21 22 23