Game: FFXI
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-05-24 08:37:10  
Ninjaxtasy said: »
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
I was referring players telling other players what they should do or not do,all players can get a chance to enjoy new content as we are all paying subscribers

But that's exactly why s-e put so many mobs with such a short respawn timer in the zone in the first place. There's over 200 mobs in that zone and they respawn 30 seconds after they're killed. It's already been pointed out on the previous page that you had plenty of mobs available so if you wanted to pick a few to fight you could have. Which begs the question. Did you create this thread because you were upset you couldn't pull any mobs....for real? Or did you create this thread because you saw what other groups were doing and you got jealous because you knew that YOU couldn't do what they could do solo. Because there's nothing stopping you from gathering up a few linkshell members or heaven forbid...shouting for pickups to form a crawler's nest cleave party of your own. Trust me. I've done it.... multiple times. It's not hard, and not only is it a lot of fun, but it's also fantastic exemplar/hr.

Crawlers nest is a really great camp, and it's very accessible no matter how many people are in zone. If you see a bunch of bots hoarding 100+ mobs slept just attack a few and wake them up.... it's kind of rude to sleep hold like that and anyone doing that deserves what they get. But there's plenty of space for legitamite cleave partys, soloers, and more traditional party setups to co-exist alongside one another at the same time. This whole discussion is honestly pretty dumb.

It's dumb I want to kill mobs that give good EP and die fast just like everyone else?
No its dumb you complain on the forum about mobs even you could've camped in the tunnel or several other places in that same zone for exp. Someone found you and show you afk posting on the forum about the exp while mobs are still up for you to kill. I've been to that zone 2 times for exp and the mobs are always up your chain breaking is your problem not being about to kill fast. Get better gear or focus up more on your gameplay and move to the spot 30 yalms over you would be alot happier and still "enjoy" the new mobs.

That camp is higher level mobs so takes longer to kill

Have you tried the tunnel at the very beginning? Since you seem to struggle with the one in the back? No one pulls the tunnels, maybe you need to be in the tunnel at the very beginning right before you zone into the donut. Or, you can go kill efts in Moh Gates... It seems like you enjoy drowning in a glass of water tbh, it's very sad.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-24 08:49:10  
Quote:
I was referring players telling other players what they should do or not do,all players can get a chance to enjoy new content as we are all paying subscribers

But that's exactly why s-e put so many mobs with such a short respawn timer in the zone in the first place. There's over 200 mobs in that zone and they respawn 30 seconds after they're killed. It's already been pointed out on the previous page that you had plenty of mobs available so if you wanted to pick a few to fight you could have. Which begs the question. Did you create this thread because you were upset you couldn't pull any mobs....for real? Or did you create this thread because you saw what other groups were doing and you got jealous because you knew that YOU couldn't do what they could do solo. Because there's nothing stopping you from gathering up a few linkshell members or heaven forbid...shouting for pickups to form a crawler's nest cleave party of your own. Trust me. I've done it.... multiple times. It's not hard, and not only is it a lot of fun, but it's also fantastic exemplar/hr.

Crawlers nest is a really great camp, and it's very accessible no matter how many people are in zone. If you see a bunch of bots hoarding 100+ mobs slept just attack a few and wake them up.... it's kind of rude to sleep hold like that and anyone doing that deserves what they get. But there's plenty of space for legitamite cleave partys, soloers, and more traditional party setups to co-exist alongside one another at the same time. This whole discussion is honestly pretty dumb.

It's dumb I want to kill mobs that give good EP and die fast just like everyone else?

Go to one of the 4 prommy zones those Apex mobs die very quickly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-05-24 09:24:10  

Aren't you also telling us what we should do or not do here? You want SE to change the game mechanic to stop other from being able to pull lots of mob? Changing their play style?

What if I ask SE to get rid of trusts so that party of 6 people can get a chance to enjoy new content/camp rather than party of 1 monopolizing the camps to themselves? I mean, that really get in the way of the Multi-Player part of an MMORPG.

Perhaps you should go to Dho Gate, Woh Gate or Inner Court if you find Promy too tough? They are about the same level as the Apex in Crawler's.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-24 09:33:44  
Bahamut.Suph said: »

Aren't you also telling us what we should do or not do here? You want SE to change the game mechanic to stop other from being able to pull lots of mob? Changing their play style?

What if I ask SE to get rid of trusts so that party of 6 people can get a chance to enjoy new content/camp rather than party of 1 monopolizing the camps to themselves? I mean, that really get in the way of the Multi-Player part of an MMORPG.

Perhaps you should go to Dho Gate, Woh Gate or Inner Court if you find Promy too tough? They are about the same level as the Apex in Crawler's.

I'm not telling anyone to do anything. SE has made changes to the game that was being using by players that were not intended
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2022-05-24 09:41:39  

I'm not telling anyone to do anything. SE has made changes to the game that was being using by players that were not intended

Yea, SE for sure did not intend for people to AoE mobs down... that’s why they added all the AoE spells, weapon skills, and gear to enhance these.
[+]
By gunn 2022-05-24 09:42:32  
gunn said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
What a stupid *** post.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-05-24 09:43:19  
Quote:

How is using area of effect damage not an intended part of the game? S-E created AoE weaponskills for a reason. Cataclysm, Earth crusher, Aeolian edge, a whole plethora of blue mage spells, fell cleave... the list goes on. Every MMO has AoE in it. The whole point of AoE is to do more damage to large groups of mobs than you could if you focused them down individually.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-24 09:44:31  
Shiva.Eightball said: »

Yea, SE for sure did not intend for people to AoE mobs down... that’s why they added all the AoE spells, weapon skills, and gear to enhance these.

Missing the point
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-24 09:46:11  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
What a stupid *** post.
Nerd rage is strong in the FFXI community
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-05-24 10:02:36  
Quote:
Miaaing the point

OK. What's the point then?

SE added a million AOE spells and weapon skills. Did they intend for these to be used on less than 5 mobs? What are you trying to imply?

Do you think they added 200 apex mobs to CN because they thought 200 individuals would each pull 1 mob at a time and solo them with their trusts?

Even if that were the case, which it clearly isn't, that wouldn't work at all because in order for that to work, you'd have to have people camping throughout the entire cave, putting themselves at great risk of aggro.

I'll raise one more point for you to blatantly ignore because you can't argue on the merits: SE recently patched these mobs to make them immune to cruel joke. You don't think that during that patch they would've given them -99% damage taken to AOE, if they wanted to? As others have pointed out, that mechanic exists in other areas like Odyssey Sheols, why wouldn't they do that here?

The answer is obvious: SE doesn't have a problem with these parties, as a matter of fact they're embracing it and encouraging it with their design.
By Aquatiq 2022-05-24 10:12:00  
Dear diary
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-24 10:12:05  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Quote:
Miaaing the point

OK. What's the point then?

SE added a million AOE spells and weapon skills. Did they intend for these to be used on less than 5 mobs? What are you trying to imply?

Do you think they added 200 apex mobs to CN because they thought 200 individuals would each pull 1 mob at a time and solo them with their trusts?

Even if that were the case, which it clearly isn't, that wouldn't work at all because in order for that to work, you'd have to have people camping throughout the entire cave, putting themselves at great risk of aggro.

I'll raise one more point for you to blatantly ignore because you can't argue on the merits: SE recently patched these mobs to make them immune to cruel joke. You don't think that during that patch they would've given them -99% damage taken to AOE, if they wanted to? As others have pointed out, that mechanic exists in other areas like Odyssey Sheols, why wouldn't they do that here?

The answer is obvious: SE doesn't have a problem with these parties, as a matter of fact they're embracing it and encouraging it with their design.

I already said nothing wrong with AoE killing, it's when taking all the mobs in the zone
 Odin.Senaki
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-05-24 10:25:40  
I already said nothing wrong with AoE killing, it's when taking all the mobs in the zone[/quote]

It's literally impossible for one group to take all the mobs. They despawn after you pull past roughly 1/4th of the total distance of the donut. So you can assume there are at least 4 groups pulling for competition.

I can't speak to other servers. But on Odin most mlvl parties seem to last 1-2hrs at a time. I have yet to see it become such an issue that you cannot play in Crawler's Nest [S].
^And this standard of 'unplayable', I'm going to once again compare to Gain EXP in Escha-Zi'tah back pre-sparks nerf. Whereas, you could only reliability pull 1-2 mobs per go due to such competition. I've not seen this here yet.
By Karl87 2022-05-24 10:36:54  
Why don’t you put together your own AE cleave party instead of wasting time by posting on here? :-D
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-05-24 10:52:47  
I agree with Ninjaxtasy, on all accounts. You are all reported, bad at the game, and completely devoid of any sense of right and wrong.
[+]
By Kosara 2022-05-24 10:53:10  
Somehow I feel this thread is less about all the mobs being taken in one particular zone (which we saw picture proof that wasn't the case) and more about a guy who's just really bored and wants to reject anyone else's very valid alternative suggestions to keep the thread going.

Can't kill in Crawler's Nest [s]? Go to Moh Gates.
Can't kill in Moh Gates? Go to Sih Gates.
Can't kill in Sih Gates? Go to Dho Gates.
Can't kill in Dho Gates? Go to Woh Gates.
Can't kill in Woh Gates? Go to Promyvion (1/3).
Can't kill in Promyvion (1/3)? Go to Promyvion (2/3)......

Again, not understanding the problem here. But as far as I know arguing in a forum for 3 hours straight isn't going to help you much with getting those mobs.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-24 11:07:07  
Odin.Senaki said: »
I already said nothing wrong with AoE killing, it's when taking all the mobs in the zone

It's literally impossible for one group to take all the mobs. They despawn after you pull past roughly 1/4th of the total distance of the donut. So you can assume there are at least 4 groups pulling for competition.

I can't speak to other servers. But on Odin most mlvl parties seem to last 1-2hrs at a time. I have yet to see it become such an issue that you cannot play in Crawler's Nest [S].
^And this standard of 'unplayable', I'm going to once again compare to Gain EXP in Escha-Zi'tah back pre-sparks nerf. Whereas, you could only reliability pull 1-2 mobs per go due to such competition. I've not seen this here yet.

Well actually they track by scent so they can follow you around the whole circle and not deaggro a PLD with the correct buffs and gear can pull everything in the circle. Deaggroing only happens when water weather appears which makes your scent disappear after a certain distance.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-05-24 11:17:42  
Quote:
Somehow I feel this thread is less about all the mobs being taken in one particular zone (which we saw picture proof that wasn't the case) and more about a guy who's just really bored and wants to reject anyone else's very valid alternative suggestions to keep the thread going.

The OP is just trolling at this point, and there really isn't anything more we can add to the discussion that hasn't already been said. So I suggest we talk about something more interesting.... like doughnuts. With all the talk about doughnuts earlier I think they deserve more discussion.

Yum!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-24 11:18:38  

I fully support this direction, and feel the need to announce the Boston Creme as the king of doughnuts.
[+]
By Kosara 2022-05-24 11:21:56  
I third this discussion of the deliciousness of doughnuts, and I'm still too new to posting and don't know how to include the picture of those savory doughnuts in my response.

But if anyone asks, my response is to the doughnuts. Also, Krispy Kreme is overrated (this shall add to a whole new line of discussion, :-P)
 Bismarck.Tyconus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tyconus
By Bismarck.Tyconus 2022-05-24 11:39:37  
How can you go wrong with these?
[+]
By Karl87 2022-05-24 12:11:45  
Quote:

The OP is just trolling at this point, and there really isn't anything more we can add to the discussion that hasn't already been said. So I suggest we talk about something more interesting.... like doughnuts. With all the talk about doughnuts earlier I think they deserve more discussion.

Yum!

Tell me more about that blue one…
By Onimaru 2022-05-24 12:32:10  
Obvious answer to this would be to create new mobs in other zones, more variety. Not to ask SE to "penalize" players for using the abilities and options SE gave them. This isn't communist china. Also, we have more than one zone to Mlv in with multiple spots to do so. This is about something else.
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-05-24 12:37:01  
Quote:

Yum!

Sprinkles > anything else
By Jetackuu 2022-05-24 12:49:17  
This thread needs more Negan.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-05-24 13:21:36  
SPEAKING OF DUNKIN DOUGHNUTS AND BASKIN ROBBINS.... an afore-mentioned Boston Creme, an Everything Bagel with bacon egg and cheese and a plain old Chocolate shake is my road food! I stop there and get the same thing every time I travel more than 4 hrs.

(BTW Krispy Kreme ONRY when "HOT" sign is on)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-24 13:36:19  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
SPEAKING OF DUNKIN DOUGHNUTS AND BASKIN ROBBINS.... an afore-mentioned Boston Creme, an Everything Bagel with bacon egg and cheese and a plain old Chocolate shake is my road food! I stop there and get the same thing every time I travel more than 4 hrs.

(BTW Krispy Kreme ONRY when "HOT" sign is on)

1. a breakfast bagel is simply cream cheese, lox, pickled red onion and capers. Don't come at me with a fancy Egg McMuffin and think you're breaking ground^^

2. Krispy Kremes that are actually fresh off the glaze waterfall are the only ones worth getting, and in terms of the standard glazed doughnut, nothing comes close. The rest of their stuff or when its not fresh and sold in stores is just garbage.

Since my graduate school had a partnership with Krispy Kreme and the Performing Arts in Winston-Salem, NC...I feel qualified to speak on the wide variance in what one calls a Krispy Kreme, and what deserves to be :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-05-24 13:47:00  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
1. a breakfast bagel is simply cream cheese, lox, pickled red onion and capers. Don't come at me with a fancy Egg McMuffin and think you're breaking ground^^
IDK what lox and capers are so~ how abouuuuut an Everything bagel with ANYTHING on it :D
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-24 13:58:56  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
IDK what lox and capers are so~ how abouuuuut an Everything bagel with ANYTHING on it :D
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-24 14:24:01  
Can a mod close this topic?