サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-26 14:30:54  
GetHelpNerd said: »

Everyone in this conversation is amazingly annoying

....Negan was cool, yo.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-05-26 14:33:15  
You can always stop coming by this thread then, or block people.

You like to argue, and you like attention. Everyone can see that at this point.
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2022-05-26 14:45:33  
Bosworth said: »
You can always stop coming by this thread then, or block people.

You like to argue, and you like attention. Everyone can see that at this point.
You could do the same if you don't like my posts, or if you don't like draylo's posts about hoping for an expansion.

Actually if you just opened up notepad and typed everything that comes to your brain in there and saved it on your desktop instead of spewing it on this forum that might do everyone some good and get you the validation you're looking for.

sorry you felt called out lil guy
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-05-26 14:50:50  
I don't feel the need to block you, I find your constant desperate cries for attention amusing.

Actually if you just opened up notepad and typed everything that comes to your brain in there and saved it on your desktop instead of spewing it on this forum that might do everyone some good and get you the validation you're looking for.

If there was ever a time for you to take your own advice, damn is this that time. A solid 90% of the butthurt from this forum never would have existed.

I'm sorry if that is mean, lil guy.
By RadialArcana 2022-05-26 14:57:57  
I think the main problem is Matsui does not want to take on an engineer to be on the team for XI, because he sees it as a dead end job. He literally said this in that recent interview right?

As long as he sticks with this idea, there is very little they can do with 11 even if they had the money. This is why they will ignore the kickstarter idea, it's less a money problem and more a staff problem.

He just refuses to take on the needed staff, even if they can afford to do so.

Also 11 is no longer its own project, it has been absorbed into the ff14 project and all player numbers and profits are shown towards that now. You can see this on financial reports, it hasn't been noted on any since 2013 when Tanaka asked him to take it under his wing.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-05-26 15:03:34  
RadialArcana said: »
I think the main problem is Matsui does not want to take on an engineer to be on the team for XI, because he sees it as a dead end job. He literally said this in that recent interview right?

I mean, he has a point, sort of. Obviously I don't know the inner workings of SE, no one does, but I would think the staff that work on FFXI would move to other projects when FFXI eventually does stop getting supported. A lot of the FFXI guys did end up going to FFXIV after all.

I have a hard time believing anyone still working on FFXI in 2022 would just outright refuse to bring on more people if they had the chance. They clearly love this game as much as we do
By GetHelpNerd 2022-05-26 15:06:04  
I don't feel the need to block you, I find your constant desperate cries for attention amusing.

If there was ever a time for you to take your own advice, damn is this that time. A solid 90% of the butthurt from this forum never would have existed.

I'm sorry if that is mean, lil guy.
really elaborate "no U".

Just stop man, no one cares

As long as he sticks with this idea, there is very little they can do with 11 even if they had the money. This is why they will ignore the kickstarter idea, it's less a money problem and more a staff problem.

He just refuses to take on the needed staff, even if they can afford to do so.

Also 11 is no longer its own project, it has been absorbed into the ff14 project and all player numbers and profits are shown towards that now. You can see this on financial reports, it hasn't been noted on any since 2013 when Tanaka asked him to take it under his wing.
Then stop bringing up the idea of a kickstarter? as I said before you seem to be going through the stages of grief and slowly moving towards acceptance, nice work.

Give all your "FFXI is the greatest game ever" energy to a private server, they likely will be more appreciative than your Japanese idols
By Bosworth 2022-05-26 15:07:32  
You're right, no one cares that you're angry and in need of attention.

Move on.
By Draylo 2022-05-26 15:34:04  
Idk why you feel the need to constantly come in this thread and try to say "haha told you so", we all having a discussion here no need to be annoying.
By Bosworth 2022-05-26 15:42:02  
No one has said I told you so, and I'm sorry if people trying to temper your expectations is annoying to you. That isn't sarcasm, no one telling you to try and be rational is trying to annoy you.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2022-05-26 17:41:51  
I would pay a dual sub, if it had a slight discount for both, just to have returnees dabble around in game. I think that would be the most reasonable attempt at bringing in new and returning players.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-26 18:09:49  
I mean lets be honest, if they do that everyone with multiple subs should have their sub fee reduced too. I pay 6 subs to this game and have for years, if XIV players get a reduction I want one for all those accounts too.

Why is someone playing XI and XIV (2 subs) worth rewarding and someone paying x6 isn't?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-26 18:12:08  
I mean lets be honest, if they do that everyone with multiple subs should have their sub fee reduced too. I pay 6 subs to this game and have for years, if XIV players get a reduction I want one for all those accounts too.

Why is someone playing XI and XIV (2 subs) worth rewarding and someone paying x6 isn't?

.....do you honestly think that's how business works? You get what's FAIR as a customer? Jesus no wonder these threads go on for 30 pages.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-05-26 18:28:56  
To be fair... I did win and through that, we all won.

[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
サーバ: Asura
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-05-26 18:30:56  
Price reduction would only take affect when paying for both games not for individual, that is the incentive behind it. They wont reduce the cost of the subs to magically get a better deal out of it. It is to the benefit of those that want to play both games.

If you want to pay for 14 and 11 then your sub cost would be like $27/mo right now, if they joint them the could drop that down to $20 and it would be a steal. Otherwise if you want to just play one or the other you're stuck paying the full sub cost.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-26 18:45:38  
Asura.Meliorah said: »
If you want to pay for 14 and 11 then your sub cost would be like $27/mo right now, if they joint them the could drop that down to $20 and it would be a steal. Otherwise if you want to just play one or the other you're stuck paying the full sub cost.

The sad part is, that's exactly how they will do it. It's purely about conversion.
By Bosworth 2022-05-26 19:14:41  
I don’t remember what they charged for the dual sub during ffxiv 1.0. Anyone remember?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-26 19:18:06  
I don’t remember what they charged for the dual sub during ffxiv 1.0. Anyone remember?

XI was $7
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-26 19:19:40  

You don't have to pay to win to enjoy the game. It's certainly not an excuse for all the entitlement going on in this thread. All you're entitled to is 30 days of service x 6. Your opinion only counts once.
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-05-26 19:34:00  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

XI was $7

Damn, that's a deal
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2022-05-26 21:58:23  
No one has said I told you so, and I'm sorry if people trying to temper your expectations is annoying to you. That isn't sarcasm, no one telling you to try and be rational is trying to annoy you.
The last 5 of your posts in this thread have been "I told you so's".

I'm not sure how you're this dumb but I don't expect much else from someone who quit for 6 years and then came back acting like they knew the game inside and out. People like you really are something special.

I don't even disagree with you, it was silly of people to get their hopes up. that doesn't make you less annoying when you flex for 20 pages that you knew all along SE wasn't going to release anything. You aren't special, anyone that's paying attention knew that.

Draylo and Radial in the stages of grief, bosworth thinking he's intelligent, all this thread needs to wrap itself up is Geriond and SimonSes to come in and talk about some random *** game mechanic that no one has ever cared about ever
[+]
By Bosworth 2022-05-26 22:18:10  
The last 5 of your posts in this thread have been "I told you so's".

If you really believe this, you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. You're one of those people that come into everything hostile, so it isn't surprising. Look at your posts from when you created your account, you're mad in 95% of them. I feel sorry for you.

I'm not sure how you're this dumb but I don't expect much else from someone who quit for 6 years and then came back acting like they knew the game inside and out. People like you really are something special.

I have no idea why you think I quit for 6 years. I've never taken longer than a few month break from FFXI since I started playing many years ago. I don't know if you're confusing me with someone else or if you're at that stage in anger where you're just fabricating ***out of thin air. My guess is its the latter based on your months of posts that can generally be summarized into "waahhh nickel and diming waahhh wardrobes waaahhh I dont get what I want waahhh SE moron waaahh" while simultaneously dumping money into SE's pockets.

I don't even disagree with you, it was silly of people to get their hopes up. that doesn't make you less annoying when you flex for 20 pages that you knew all along SE wasn't going to release anything. You aren't special, anyone that's paying attention knew that.

This is clearly just not true. There are *loads* of people that are devastated by the 20th and it didn't need to be that way. Go look at reddit. While some of it is because of the 20th being somewhat underwhelming, a non-zero part of it is because of misinformation from players being spread around that led to extremely outlandish expectations. That is bad for the game in general.

Draylo and Radial in the stages of grief, bosworth thinking he's intelligent, all this thread needs to wrap itself up is Geriond and SimonSes to come in and talk about some random *** game mechanic that no one has ever cared about ever

Yes, because clearly you coming in here with your patented blend of butthurt and whiny *** is better.

Get over yourself man, no one cares.
By Mattelot 2022-05-27 06:18:38  
People patting themselves on the back for having foresight while being in hindsight is just idiotic

Some will claim they "knew it" but they were just guessing on one of 3 possible outcomes like anyone else. Kinda like those baby-daddy shows. They stand up shouting "I told you!" when they had a 50/50 chance of getting it right.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Jesus no wonder these threads go on for 30 pages.

These threads go on for 30 pages because adults feel the need to crap on other people. It's all ok though because it's anonymous... A few people trying to discuss something and here comes Joe Blow and his sycophants trying to stir the pot knowing good and well that's exactly what they're trying to do all the while trying to pass it off as wisdom.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2022-05-27 06:48:03  
Is there an actual summary of new things we learned during this, or is this thread just 100% bitching and moaning?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-27 06:59:23  
This thread is useless now.

There is more to it, but this covers most of it:

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Here is what I took away:
  • No plans to update relic weapons

• They will consider allowing stacking of MPs based on Odyssey congestion, which they are watching

• Delve/etc will not remove the 3 person limit due to congestion

• Casting DD strats were nerfed to provide more diverse playstyles and strategies, they plan on buffing them going forward provided they don't become powerful again. Hmmm, Savage Blade?

• Moving away from the PS2 dev kits would require a lot of work: decoupling PlayOnline, new data formats, etc

• No plan to buff DRK or WAR tanking abilities

• No plan to allow one char to take multiple crafts to cap

• They are going to address Mireu MPK

• They have no plans to increase the cap or add items to Ambu, because it's supposed to be obtained through "other content"

• They tried to increase FPS to 60 but it wasn't successful

• They will not change the way BST jugs from items to something else because there is no mp/tp requirement for summoning pets*

• Given unlimited funds, Matsui would revamp the dev environment and make an expansion

- They would like to bundle XIV/XI subs in the future
- No plans for offline XI atm
- They might lower minimum entry on instances if it doesn't impact congestion
- Rac/Gender change is something they would like to look into if there is a demand:dev cost analysis where it makes sense
- They will investigate why Auto target performs poorly and see if it can be adjusted
- They wish they would have allowed additional effects from blue magic and pets and ws to appear in the log alongside damage. Doesn't seem like they can do it now
- *They could introduce Apex Jug pets for BST, but it would not perform incredibly strong as we would expect. They would be alternate forms of already existing pets, if they were to even do this at all
- There will be a new battle area added to the game

Probably misremembering a few other things
[+]
By GetHelpNerd 2022-05-27 07:13:58  
Asura.Suteru said: »
Is there an actual summary of new things we learned during this, or is this thread just 100% bitching and moaning?
we didn't learn anything new, that's why people are bitching and moaning
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2022-05-27 08:17:34  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

• They will consider allowing stacking of MPs based on Odyssey congestion, which they are watching

• Casting DD strats were nerfed to provide more diverse playstyles and strategies, they plan on buffing them going forward provided they don't become powerful again. Hmmm, Savage Blade?

• Moving away from the PS2 dev kits would require a lot of work: decoupling PlayOnline, new data formats, etc

• They have no plans to increase the cap or add items to Ambu, because it's supposed to be obtained through "other content"

• They will not change the way BST jugs from items to something else because there is no mp/tp requirement for summoning pets*

• Given unlimited funds, Matsui would revamp the dev environment and make an expansion

- Rac/Gender change is something they would like to look into if there is a demand:dev cost analysis where it makes sense
- They will investigate why Auto target performs poorly and see if it can be adjusted
- They wish they would have allowed additional effects from blue magic and pets and ws to appear in the log alongside damage. Doesn't seem like they can do it now
- *They could introduce Apex Jug pets for BST, but it would not perform incredibly strong as we would expect. They would be alternate forms of already existing pets, if they were to even do this at all

This is a pretty good summary, to be more specific, they mentioned 'all new appearance' to the new battle area, which is a bit confusing as people thought it was Rakaznar for the next battle content. Could he's talking about Voracious Resurgence end-game to farm the Prime weapons. Which comes after Empyrean farming.

That answer above was answering a question asking about new zones generally which included asking for Tavnazia. Fujito also answered another question directly asking about why we can't visit the ruined capital in Tavnazia saying its "somewhere I'd like to go one day as well. If there's a chance, I would like to make it so we can go there in the future" so they are aware people want to go there.

Pretty direct answers
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-27 12:33:04  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

This is a pretty good summary, to be more specific, they mentioned 'all new appearance' to the new battle area, which is a bit confusing as people thought it was Rakaznar for the next battle content. Could he's talking about Voracious Resurgence end-game to farm the Prime weapons. Which comes after Empyrean farming.

That answer above was answering a question asking about new zones generally which included asking for Tavnazia. Fujito also answered another question directly asking about why we can't visit the ruined capital in Tavnazia saying its "somewhere I'd like to go one day as well. If there's a chance, I would like to make it so we can go there in the future" so they are aware people want to go there.

Pretty direct answers

Not confusing in the slightest.

New battle content which should be Valhalla as that is where the story seems to be taking us. They can add to it like they did with Dyna D adding it in parts since we got Dyna D - Sandy first then next month we got Dyna D - Bastok, 2 months after we got Dyna D - Windy, then another 2 months we got Dyna D - Jeuno and then finally 4 months after that we got wave 3. In total Dyna D was spaced out over 9 months of patches.

We can quite easily get the first patch with wave1 Valhalla adding in Empy+2 farming, the second patch in November adding in Wave2 Valhalla with Empy+3 and then lastly Wave3 which is Prime Weapons.
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-27 12:34:01  
Asura.Suteru said: »
we didn't learn anything new, that's why people are bitching and moaning

Lots of overly ambitious questions regarding remakes, 75 era, single-player, and mechanical overhauls. I feel like the answers were still better than the questions.

Personally, I'm looking forward the job adjustments and balancing the most. It's concerning to me that more questions weren't asked on this front. It's not only a good way to get info, but it gets the devs input on where the players think the jobs need adjusting. Lots of missed opportunity here.
By Bosworth 2022-05-27 13:15:07  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Not confusing in the slightest.

New battle content which should be Valhalla as that is where the story seems to be taking us. They can add to it like they did with Dyna D adding it in parts since we got Dyna D - Sandy first then next month we got Dyna D - Bastok, 2 months after we got Dyna D - Windy, then another 2 months we got Dyna D - Jeuno and then finally 4 months after that we got wave 3. In total Dyna D was spaced out over 9 months of patches.

We can quite easily get the first patch with wave1 Valhalla adding in Empy+2 farming, the second patch in November adding in Wave2 Valhalla with Empy+3 and then lastly Wave3 which is Prime Weapons.

Weren't people saying the Empy +2/+3 content is taking place in Ra'Kaznar though? A battlefield with an all new appearance sounds to me like an area just to fight a boss from VR, maybe similar scale to the battlefield for all the most recent HTMB fights.
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28