Best Solo Job For Most Content With Trusts?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Best solo Job for most content with trusts?
Best solo Job for most content with trusts?
By Taint 2022-05-09 16:06:06  
BLU is the king here as pointed out.

MNK and SAM need nods. MNKs TP control can be extremely useful on some fights while still doing great DPS. (TP moves can wreck trust)

SAM can 5 step a lot of mobs dead extremely fast.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-05-09 16:23:29  
I can't disagree with any mentioned but I can't believe no one said thf.

TH is pretty much required if you're soling certain HTBFs, so you're stuck with it anyway.

Massive Evasion
Self SCs super easy with rudras:rudras.
My spike damage with just trust buffs can = 60-70k ws's, higher with SA (but can only do that once or twice per battle).
AOE possible with aeolian (but this requires just the right gear.)

Thf is the only job I can rip thru omen solo in about 25 minutes while also walking away with 13-20 s.astrals.

With just one enemy to fight thf in my go-to. BLU is the be all for lower level mass mobs tho. If something is too hight level for my thfs evasion I have to go RUN.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-09 16:30:09  
Slightly OT but are King of Hearts and Koru-Moru the only two trusts that cast Dia on the current target?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-09 16:32:44  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Slightly OT but are King of Hearts and Koru-Moru the only two trusts that cast Dia on the current target?
Pretty sure Kupipi does as well for a WHM, though I haven't used him in a long time. I'd have to confirm.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-05-09 16:33:30  
kupipi is a girl. all taru have the same naming conventions.

she doesn't use dia
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-09 17:11:00  
Supposing I'm right then and those 2 RDM Trust are the only ones who cast Dia, then it's a bit of a shame from the point of view of a BLU (to get back in topic).

Because on BLU you won't exactly need the buffs a RDM can provide. Mostly Haste2, since you can cast it yourself for longer duration and higher reliability.
Not like you're not gonna equip Erratic Flutter anyway.

Imagine if Sylvie casted Dia instead of Haste1, you would gain 1 more trust slot on BLU, whereas you're likely "bound" to still call either Koru or KoH even if you don't need haste2.
(I suppose the occasional Refresh2 won't be bad though, for instance in my highest DPS build on BLU I don't have Refresh set among my BLU spells)
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-05-09 21:04:40  
Dancer is really great for solo. Of all the jobs listed it's right up there with red mage and blue mage for survivability. You get major props when playing solo for being able to make 3 and 4 step self skillchains to take advantage of your skillchain bonus. It's difficult to abuse that trait when you're in a party with a bunch of other dd's spamming stuff, and it's really potent too.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-09 23:59:54  
With all of todays gear id probably agree. Going back to say escha/mid-omen i always found dnc and especially thf relatively frail compared to blu and rdm, plus the other 2 jobs arent completely shut down if amnesia is present, ontop of the cc/magical dmg aspects tgat those 2 jobs bring natively
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-05-10 00:59:59  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Dancer is really great for solo. Of all the jobs listed it's right up there with red mage and blue mage for survivability. You get major props when playing solo for being able to make 3 and 4 step self skillchains to take advantage of your skillchain bonus. It's difficult to abuse that trait when you're in a party with a bunch of other dd's spamming stuff, and it's really potent too.

Especially for a returner without the desire to go crazy with all of the best in slot everything, RMEA weapons, etc... yeah, DNC is a good call.

- DNC is relatively straightforward to play. Jobs that have been suggested like PUP or BST tend to shine more in very specific niche situations. PUP is kinda complex to understand and you need to acquire a lot of attachments and understand what to set, BLU requires a lot of understanding of setting spells/traits (and farming spells) and managing your MP, some jobs like DRK COR RDM can get a bit complex with their many gear sets and roles.

- DNC doesn't require an RMEA weapon for solid performance. Tauret and Gleti's Knife makes for a near RMEA-class main/offhand set, without the RMEA expense/difficulty (this is also a benefit for jobs that use Naegling, or other strong Ambuscade weapons such as DRG or SAM using Shining One). I think people suggesting stuff like DRK with Apocalypse + Caladbolg are not recognizing that more casual returners prob don't want to make RMEAs, much less multiple RMEAs to go solo with.

- DNC is flexible in its ability to deal solid damage, use waltzes to cure as needed, and switch to a very tanky setup on the fly with Fan Dance.

Honestly, I'd suggest WAR as another good option too. Great offense, pretty sturdy, not terribly expensive to gear, solid survivability. It also fits into common party compositions a lot easier than some of the jobs people are talking about that are good for solo (e.g., a lot of parties wouldn't be really excited to take a BLU, PUP, DNC to fill a DD role... but they'd be fine with a WAR).

Sakpata is an outstanding set for all of TP, WS, and defense - a less hardcore player could fulltime 5/5 Sakpata, slap on an Ambuscade weapon (Naegling), and perform pretty well. Despite the hype, Naegling isn't an automatic win and other high end weapons definitely beat it in many situations (e.g., Chango and Ukonvasara), but you're still going to perform closer to max potential with a very simple gearset than most other jobs would.
 Bahamut.Galakar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-05-10 01:30:09  
With good enough gear, MNK is really hard to kill, so it is really great job to solo. But you definitely need more than one set, as the author probably wishes.
By Beau 2022-05-10 03:19:10  
BLU
By SimonSes 2022-05-10 04:01:43  
Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
Thf is the only job I can rip thru omen solo in about 25 minutes while also walking away with 13-20 s.astrals.

You can do it in like 10-12 min now with THF :)
I can confirm, that THF is just prime choice because of TH sometimes.
By SimonSes 2022-05-10 04:04:58  
Supposing I'm right then and those 2 RDM Trust are the only ones who cast Dia, then it's a bit of a shame from the point of view of a BLU (to get back in topic).

Because on BLU you won't exactly need the buffs a RDM can provide. Mostly Haste2, since you can cast it yourself for longer duration and higher reliability.

Imagine if Sylvie casted Dia instead of Haste1, you would gain 1 more trust slot on BLU, whereas you're likely "bound" to still call either Koru or KoH even if you don't need haste2.
(I suppose the occasional Refresh2 won't be bad though, for instance in my highest DPS build on BLU I don't have Refresh set among my BLU spells)

KoH casts full potency phalanx II on you as soon as you are on top of hate list of current target. That spell alone is amazing for solo on BLU, especially if you have phalanx potency set for it.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-05-11 15:05:30  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »

Without Cornelia in play, DNC and SAM are by far the most reliable self-SC jobs when wearing the fulltime at-least-hybrid-DT sets you're going to want to use unless you intend to waste a slot on a tank, and of the two DNC is clearly the more durable unless you're doing something that Yaegasumi cheats.

SimonSes said: »

KoH casts full potency phalanx II on you as soon as you are on top of hate list of current target. That spell alone is amazing for solo on BLU, especially if you have phalanx potency set for it.

I want so badly to get away from Arciela 1 and switch to KoH, but I can't bring myself to drop Sylvie :(
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-11 15:45:31  
Why not drop Arciela I for KoH and still use Sylvie?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-11 16:33:30  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Why not drop Arciela I for KoH and still use Sylvie?
I think his reasoning is probably because of Haste.

Sylvie, sadly, casts haste1 on you.
Koru Moru will not overwrite Haste1 with Haste2.
KoH will *sometimes* do it.
Arciela1 always overwrites Haste1 with Haste2 (just on the player).

In other terms, Arciela is a more reliable method to have Haste2 on you when you have a Trust that also casts Haste1 on you.

Granted that, as long as we have Cornelia available, we don't really need haste2, do we? Can just ride Cornelia's Aura and a Haste, no? Wether it's a tier1 or tier2 it will still cap magic haste so w/e.
Which brings us back to my initial point.
You could do that, but then you would lose Dia3, which is a noticeable buff to your DPS.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-11 17:21:38  
Yeah, but you can just click off Haste I so he casts Haste II on you, and his Haste II lasts about 4.5 minutes. The minor annoying is more than made up for getting someone that puts on 6 minute 35 damage Phalanxes and instantly Dia IIIs targets immediately.
By SimonSes 2022-05-11 17:46:56  
Yeah, but you can just click off Haste I so he casts Haste II on you, and his Haste II lasts about 4.5 minutes. The minor annoying is more than made up for getting someone that puts on 6 minute 35 damage Phalanxes and instantly Dia IIIs targets immediately.

<3 KoH

Not sure why you wrote "yeah" to Sechs tho, because this

Granted that, as long as we have Cornelia available, we don't really need haste2, do we? Can just ride Cornelia's Aura and a Haste, no? Wether it's a tier1 or tier2 it will still cap magic haste so w/e.

isn't true. Cornelia with Haste I is 35% and cap is at 43.75%
By ScaevolaBahamut 2022-05-11 18:10:13  

Casting Haste on you is Sylvie's #1 AI priority. She will keep casting it indefinitely; you literally can't click it off fast enough for Koru or KoH to weave Haste II in because they cast other spells, which is especially problematic when they prioritize debuffs on mobs that will die in a matter of seconds.

I'll probably just drop Ygnas.
By macsdf1 2022-05-11 19:34:01  
war with naegling, blurred shield +1 and sakpata. Nothing else will be as easy.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-11 20:45:55  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Casting Haste on you is Sylvie's #1 AI priority. She will keep casting it indefinitely; you literally can't click it off fast enough for Koru or KoH to weave Haste II in because they cast other spells, which is especially problematic when they prioritize debuffs on mobs that will die in a matter of seconds.

I use both Sylvie and King of Hearts and do it all the time. Sylvie still has to obey recast for Haste.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-11 21:11:39  

I use both Sylvie and King of Hearts and do it all the time. Sylvie still has to obey recast for Haste.

I can confirm. I do it all the time in Omen when solo on thf.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2022-05-12 00:36:34  
BLU, for solo with trusts, I think, for best solo job. Naegling plus Malignance gear and the right spell setups, you can accomplish a lot. Access to AoE sleep, all types of damage, defensive spells, etc.

When sparks gils were a thing you could afford tons of mulsum, but it's not the case anymore.

Against what exactly you was using that BST? Maybe you are just talking about some really easy stuff. Try Lilith or Caith on lets say Easy, which PUP destroys without problem.

BST absolute minimum might be lower than PUP, but what you can do with minimum on BST and minimum on PUP are 2 different things.

I farmed all of my Malignance gear on BST on E. Hundreds of runs in a row without a loss. There's an extremely easy, fast, and safe way to do Lilith with AlluringHoney's native darkness damage reduction and the gear investment is not very great to do so. I can't speak to Cait Sith because I farmed her gear in groups.

Where BST shines solo is with the low investment of preparation/gear, IMO. Pet DT and Ready sets are easy to put together now and even master melee for TP/Decimation for Dolichenus build is not bad at all.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-12 01:09:20  
isn't true. Cornelia with Haste I is 35% and cap is at 43.75%
I stand corrected! I seemed to recall Cornelia's aura was 30% and not 20%

Yeah, but you can just click off Haste I so he casts Haste II on you
Yes you can, personally I find it incredibly annoying but that's just me so let's carry on.
If you're really hardcore about it you can make a macro with //cancel and the correct buffid.
It has to be said though that more often than not you have to do this process multiple times in a row, especially if you have multiple characters that cast haste (for instance: Sylvie and Ygnas).

In my case though the key aspect here is that you need to pay attention to who casts haste on you. Duration can be an useful indication but it's not always enough.
Personally I'm often left wondering if the buff I have on with like less than 2 mins left is a Haste1 or a Haste2 and of course unless you checked the chat message (or the duration at start) you really have no way to tell alas.
By Afania 2022-05-12 01:16:04  
Without Cornelia in play, DNC and SAM are by far the most reliable self-SC jobs when wearing the fulltime at-least-hybrid-DT sets you're going to want to use unless you intend to waste a slot on a tank

Nahhhh I solo and abuse 4 step on both cor and DNC a lot, just eyeballing COR still has a little bit faster tp gain/more reliable 4 step without cornelia. CC +8 sam roll and rostam B is just that good for tp gain, and 2 rostams is a hybrid DT set by themself so tp speed sacrifice is minimal. Dnc has faster ja tp gain though, 30 sec RF recast for 1k+ tp v.s 35 sec recast on QD for 400+ tp.

Dnc(or most not-cor solo job with physical ws) also aren't "saving" 1 trust slot without tank because qultada is required for chaos roll and light shot dia.

I have no idea why nobody recommend cor except me. It's just good ;(.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-12 01:32:57  
I solo on COR whenever possible. Mostly it means never having to use Quldata for rolls, as I hate all trusts who WS with reckless abandon while I'm trying to multistep (on any job) and getting real-potency rolls of my choice. It gives me 4 types of damage, all at a high level: melee physical, ranged physical, ranged magical, and AoE.

The biggest issue I find myself needing to resolve with trust choice is finding a way to get any +attack buffs I can while still being able to multi-step solo, and COR remains the easiest solution for me for these challenges. Using RNG or COR does limit your choices for Haste2 (pretty much just Arciela I or KoH), but that's a small, and workable, challenge compared to other jobs and their needs from trusts.

Unrelated: in terms of soloing content w/ trusts and "what's best", the hard truth is there's just a level of content you eventually reach where your trusts, no matter what you do, aren't going to survive any AoE attacks from the enemy. You can use the "aura" trusts that are immune from attacks, and with Cornelia around this becomes a much more viable option to get the needed buffs solely from those bubble trusts, but that's not always the case. So the question of "best" can be taken multiple ways-

-best setup that can handle the highest level content?
-best setup for killspeed?
-best setup for farming?

They're all gonna be different.
[+]
By Musashi232 2022-05-12 10:10:54  
Paladin is pretty insane with odyssey gear + mastery to be honest surprised no 1 talked about the knights!
By Afania 2022-05-12 12:21:22  
When sparks gils were a thing you could afford tons of mulsum, but it's not the case anymore.

Sell mars/Venus orbs!
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-05-12 12:36:49  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Honestly, I'd suggest WAR as another good option too. Great offense, pretty sturdy, not terribly expensive to gear, solid survivability. It also fits into common party compositions a lot easier than some of the jobs people are talking about that are good for solo (e.g., a lot of parties wouldn't be really excited to take a BLU, PUP, DNC to fill a DD role... but they'd be fine with a WAR).

Ohhhh this is very true. I used to very much enjoy pulling in the "Mostly-Turtle" set on WAR and just acting as a Pseudo-PLD that just bashes the mob's face in with Chango lol. The only issue is obviously with WAR's lack of any sort of healing so you're absolutely dependent on your trust and the Trusts don't always make the best choices in a pinch.

Off topic but sort of related:
I wish SE would bring about an update that fixes Potions/Ethers in this game!!

• Increase their use speed to near-instant

• Completely remove any and all of their "Soft-Locks"

• Rebalance the potencies of all Medicines to more appropriately fit modern day HPs and MPs

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's used an X-Potion or Non-Vile Elixir only to be disappointed by the amount of HP/MP back and to be stuck there unable to cast spells or use JAs for what? 8 seconds or so? Would open up more of the medicine market and allow players to be more independent of Mages/Trusts at the cost of some gil or Alchemy.

If they made that little change, you'd see a lot more people soloing as.. well.. whatever they wanted really, within reason.

Obviously never going to happen, just wishful thinking.
By SimonSes 2022-05-12 15:16:29  
Afania said: »

Sell mars/Venus orbs!

Im fine, but if we talk about low investment, then throwing money as cures on your pet doesn't feel good :) I would rather use those gils to buy gear :)