Hironobu Sakaguchi, Angry At SE Gouging.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Hironobu Sakaguchi, angry at SE gouging.
Hironobu Sakaguchi, angry at SE gouging.
By RadialArcana 2022-04-25 04:53:10  
Square Enix recently announced a very pretty 1/6 scale ff6 statue, which can be yours for the low price of $11,500.

This lead to Hironobu Sakaguchi (creator of FF) pointing out on Twitter this is incredibly overpriced.

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/final-fantasy-vi-terra-statue-ffvi-12000-too-expensive-creator-hironobu-sakaguch
By Draylo 2022-04-25 06:16:40  
wait what, that is absolutely insane. I regularly buy statues and the last SE one was the FF9 for almost 1k but in general 1~4k is normal for big high end statues. 12k is just insane lol. Maybe for something 1/1 scale, but it doesnt seem that big.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2022-04-25 07:02:07  
Well, that's one way to max out that wife aggro stat you have been working with all the toys she didn't agree with you.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-04-25 07:28:32  
I just wonder what is really the point.

Stuffs like that aren’t fabricated in large scale, its niche and for collectors only. I can see you can create a handful, eventually someone will buy it but i dont think a merchandise like that could become any sort of relevant revenue to a big company like SE. So why?

Maybe they could just sell the brand, and let someone else producing and selling a product for more costumers than locking it to collectors niche
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-25 07:41:59  
The first square Enix merchandise where it costs more to buy the item than to ship it
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-04-25 08:03:31  
Pantafernando said: »
So why?
probably publicity. we talk about it so it works and it's probably a lot cheaper than making something decent, competitively priced to make ppl talk about you.
By RadialArcana 2022-04-25 08:21:36  
Putting Yoshi P on the board of directors was a bad idea.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2022-04-25 10:12:36  
I saw this statue, I was gonna get it, and I could...but for 11k? That is just...no lol. I cannot give in to that type of greed.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-04-25 10:25:11  
Question is: where would you put it? That thing is huge.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
The first square Enix merchandise where it costs more to buy the item than to ship it

Definitely wouldn't be cheap to ship that. Even high quality material would easily get damaged.
By Aoibhe 2022-04-25 14:59:17  
I like that it’s “limited” to 600 units. Are they rally gonna find that many people so easily removed from their money given how the global economy is going?

Looks beautiful though.
By RadialArcana 2022-04-25 15:10:42  
streamers, tubers and game devs will buy them
 Lakshmi.Sahzi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sahzi
By Lakshmi.Sahzi 2022-04-25 17:37:49  
There is a market. It is quite a nice piece.

A limited run of 600 with a price of 5k would blow out the door to those who know the value will likely increase over time. At 11.5k that weeds those out. Maybe..
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-04-26 12:53:35  
What’s “overpriced” to you & me is still worth purchase to someone else & in the line of Collectibles where Baseball Cards end up w/ price values far exceeding their initial sales price such pricing doesn’t seem unwarranted. Let alone paintings & other forms of Art that are to you & me “price gouging” yet still sell due to limited quantities vs demand.

I don’t see a problem here. That Dev thinks one of those Statues should exist in way more ppl’s hands while SquareEnix just wants to make such an actual extreme limited quantity item rather than what the Dev wants.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-04-26 16:03:25  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-04-26 17:44:46  
hahaha that's great xD spirits within could've been really cool if they didn't drop the ball so hard.
By Draylo 2022-04-26 18:57:53  
Really 600 pieces is actually a lot, something like 300 or less would be more rare. That price is absolutely ridiculous, even for serious collectors. What makes it worse is it has to be imported too lol. They should have just sold like 10 of them and then probably get some mega million/billionaires or youtubers to buy it and flex.

Prime1 is one of the most expensive studios tho, I usually see this guys videos and he would prolly be the type to collect something like this lol:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Now after shipping (gonna be a lot for something that heavy) and tax and all that is around 14~15k lol.

There other statue wasnt even much smaller and went for p standard price

By Draylo 2022-04-26 19:02:45  
Lakshmi.Sahzi said: »
There is a market. It is quite a nice piece.

A limited run of 600 with a price of 5k would blow out the door to those who know the value will likely increase over time. At 11.5k that weeds those out. Maybe..

Statues are some of the hardest things to resell. Very picky customer base who want it in pristine condition or want a billion discounts. The statues themselves are hard to keep in pristine conditions tho, hard to fit something that big into a sealed detolf or shelf and its always exposed etc. I usually collect resin statues but around a foot tall at max so they aren't always big. Easier to take care of but those are so fragile. I would think someone would do better buying/reselling hot toys instead of statues.