users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Addon: SheolHelper
Addon: SheolHelper
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-07 10:49:49  
Since April update no longer getting any segment counting in C.
[+]
 Fenrir.Pertalee
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Pertalee 2022-04-23 16:18:15  
Same here, no longer getting segment count in C.
[+]
 Odin.Deridjian
サーバ: Odin
user: Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-04-25 07:56:04  
Good news: v2 is now available after thorough testing and real use during the last weeks. Grab it at https://github.com/MarianArlt/sheolhelper/releases/tag/v2.0 or simply click here to download the compressed folder.

Changelog on front page of this topic or in release notes over at github. April update shift was fixed with this too, as May is around the corner the next update will probably shift again. With v2 being out now though, I won't have to worry about anything but the ID when that happens and that'll be a quick fix by then.

Asura.Sechs said: »
Hey Deridjian, have you considered putting this on the official Windower repository perchance?
Yes I have thought about it, but I'm currently not even 100% certain how to apply for this. I think I'd need to push a PR to the Windower repo if I read it right in the Windower docs. However I will not look into this more in depth until I can consider this addon to be stable as intended. Which ironically should be as of now (v2.0) haha. Still, I'll have to wait for feedback on v2.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-25 11:25:46  
Just did a run and segment count matched with logs.

Thank you for updating.
By llAKs0nll 2022-04-25 12:11:31  
Anyway to add NIN hybrid WSD weakness to Cruel Joke?
Going to try to see if I can just add such myself tbh but an Official version would probably be Best.
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-04-25 12:18:37  
Odin.Deridjian said: »
[...] if you see that mob x is generally weaker to air and slashing then by all means spam that jinpu to your hearts content! :)
If it's an aquan and on top of that also resistant to air, well you get the idea.

As Simon mentions, you should know your hybrid WS' element and then make a decision based on that.
This addon is not meant to show you what exact weapon skill you should use on your current job. Based on the elemental table from SheolHelper you can make an educated guess though.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-25 12:46:07  
llAKs0nll said: »
What do you mean? Can just look at element and slashing to tell if hybrid should be good or not.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-04-25 14:01:46  
When/If you submit it to windower, the procedure is:
* Fork the windower Lua repo to your GitHub account
* Clone the fork to your machine
* Checkout the dev branch
* Add your addon to the directory
* git add it to the repository
* git commit it to the repository
* Push your commit to your GitHub fork
* Open a Pull Request to the windower Lua repo's dev branch
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-04-25 14:12:43  
Asura.Bippin said: »
What do you mean? Can just look at element and slashing to tell if hybrid should be good or not.
That’s NOT when NIN does Dmg during Segs. It’s the Hybrid WS which totally ignores the Basic concept of Weak vs Slashing
[...] if you see that mob x is generally weaker to air and slashing then by all means spam that jinpu to your hearts content! :)
If it's an aquan and on top of that also resistant to air, well you get the idea.

As Simon mentions, you should know your hybrid WS' element and then make a decision based on that.
This addon is not meant to show you what exact weapon skill you should use on your current job. Based on the elemental table from SheolHelper you can make an educated guess though.
I don’t personally yet have Nyame R15 but what you said made perfect sense enough.

Would still be more simplified seeing such like we see Cruel Joke & I cannot imagine such being too complicated to modify on my own. Thx anyways.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-25 14:34:13  
That’s NOT when NIN does Dmg during Segs. It’s the Hybrid WS which totally ignores the Basic concept of Weak vs Slashing

What? Maybe I don't understand what you are talking about. Are you not referring to hybrid Katana WS? such as Teki, Chi, To, and Yu?

Cause whether a mob has any resistances to slashing(and the element of the WS being used) will have a large impact on how much damage the WS does.
By llAKs0nll 2022-04-25 15:12:15  

What? Maybe I don't understand what you are talking about. Are you not referring to hybrid Katana WS? such as Teki, Chi, To, and Yu?

Cause whether a mob has any resistances to slashing(and the element of the WS being used) will have a large impact on how much damage the WS does.
Yes but that’s not what you stated. It has absolutely ZERO whatsoever to do w/ Slashing & more to do w/ having to recall each Element every time I go to use a WS nobody ever used up until R15 Nyame was available. It’s much easier to read the WS below like we see Cruel Joke.

That’s cool if you feel like you don’t personally need such but I am going to modify the Addon so I don’t need to be bothered w/ any of such.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-25 15:18:34  
It has absolutely ZERO whatsoever to do w/ Slashing
Katana is slashing so yes it does but okay.

Edit:
It’s much easier to read the WS below like we see Cruel Joke.
I also understand what you mean here, but that will also have to do with buff/gears etc then just a simple can a mob be joked or not.
By llAKs0nll 2022-04-25 15:21:27  
It has absolutely ZERO whatsoever to do w/ Slashing
Katana is slashing so yes it does but okay.
Did you see the list of Mobs. Not every single Mob in there is Weak to Slashing yet they are Weak to Elements. They strong vs Katana yet Hybrid WS still work & vice versa making questioning Strong / Weak vs Slashing to use Hybrid WS least important. Irrelevant.
What do you mean?
What?.
Even Mobs that are Weak / Strong to Slashing you still use Hybrid
But to say it has zero impact is just a lie
Huh? What? You don’t understand? Understood. Enough.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-25 15:25:19  
Very few are weak to slashing in C. However some mobs are resistance to slashing and that will impact the damage of hybrid Katana (and GKT) WS.

Not sure why you are saying it has zero to do w/ slashing

Edit: Can you still make use of them on mobs that resistance to slashing? of course but that will depend on gear/buffs.

But to say it has zero impact is just a lie
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-25 17:50:48  
What do I not understand? katana hybrid WS are slashing and therefor if something is resistant to slashing damage it will have an effect on the damage the weapon skill does. That is all I am saying.

IE Aquan take 50% less damage from slashing in C so slashing WS will do less damage.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-04-25 20:19:14  
Yeah ... all hybrids first do a full physical WS calculation, which includes damage types. Then the results of that calculation are used as the base damage for the follow up magic WS, afterwards the two are added together. If the target is completely immune to physical damage, then the resulting damage will be with 0 base damage, but +MDMG will still be used. There was one of those quest monsters in Zitah this was tested against while back, it takes 0 from all physical damage full damage from magic.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-04-25 20:47:12  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Yeah ... all hybrids first do a full physical WS calculation, which includes damage types. Then the results of that calculation are used as the base damage for the follow up magic WS, afterwards the two are added together. If the target is completely immune to physical damage, then the resulting damage will be with 0 base damage, but +MDMG will still be used. There was one of those quest monsters in Zitah this was tested against while back, it takes 0 from all physical damage full damage from magic.
Thx for the follow up. Very informative stuff here, guys. Was only looking for the ability to turn on Sheol Geol and see which WS works w/o having to check some other source of info but it “Must be the Weak to Slashing pt2 : the Saga Continues” even when that wasn’t even the question to begin w/. Even when Hybrids are clearly shown to work vs Mobs that are Strong vs Slashing nonetheless those Hybryd WS are shown as being effective regardless.
What do I not understand?
Did I misquote you? You didn’t say “huh, what, I don’t understand” repeatedly? Someone else said such?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-25 21:24:31  
Was only looking for the ability to turn on Sheol Geol and see which WS works w/o having to check some other source of info
This addon provides all the information you would need to know if hybrid WS will work well on a target. Assuming you understand how hybrid WS work.

Did I misquote you? You didn’t say “huh, what, I don’t understand” repeatedly? Someone else said such?
You just don't seem to understand how hybrid WS work.

But I'll drop it as that is not the point of this thread.
By llAKs0nll 2022-04-25 21:40:28  
You just don't seem to understand how hybrid WS work.

But I'll drop it as that is not the point of this thread.
Thank you since I alrdy covered such like 5 comments ago as is
Was only looking for the ability to turn on Sheol Geol and see which WS works w/o having to check some other source of info
This addon provides all the information you would need to know if hybrid WS will work well on a target. Assuming you understand how hybrid WS work.
….more to do w/ having to recall each Element every time I go to use a WS nobody ever used up until R15 Nyame was available. It’s much easier to read the WS below like we see Cruel Joke.
huh? Who? What? Where? When? SMH. Enough? Ok thx lol
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-04-26 07:53:30  
Did you see the list of Mobs. Not every single Mob in there is Weak to Slashing yet they are Weak to Elements. They strong vs Katana yet Hybrid WS still work & vice versa making questioning Strong / Weak vs Slashing to use Hybrid WS least important. Irrelevant.

As someone who mostly plays NIN in segments nowadays: with very limited exceptions (e.g. possibly Qutrubs, since it might not be apparent to a player that they'll take cap damage from Chi while being earth resistant), you should be able to reliably intuit which WSes to use versus a given family by the information already relayed via SheolHelper.

There is zero need for an additional layer putting on-screen to use X, Y, or Z WS. All you need to know is a family's susceptibility to slashing and their elemental resistances.

In fact, taking another look at that chart you linked above, I would say SheolHelper is much more accurate overall; there are what I would consider to be many inaccuracies in the chart.

For instance, it lists hybrids as good to use versus various plant/insect enemies, which as you'll see via SheolHelper have notable resistance to elements, with the effect that Savage Blade will in reality be much better.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-04-26 08:20:32  
This had been the case for me as well on Sam, you can already see the elemental snd phys resistance, those alone should inform you on which ws to use
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-04-26 08:33:11  
Asura.Disclai said: »
[...] the [png image] chart [...] lists hybrids as good to use versus various plant/insect enemies, which as you'll see via SheolHelper have notable resistances to elements, with the effect that Savage Blade will in reality be much better.
At this point I have to stress the fact that, unlike segments, the elemental table found in SheolHelper does not reflect real server data but rather resistances observed and written down by the community over 20 years pulled from several different resources. While most of it should come close I hold no responsibility for data being off.

This being said the community kinda accepted that plantoids and vermin supposedly have a magic penalty in Odysseey. I hope it can be a decent guide as discussed right now~
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-26 08:51:27  
Sheol C non-NM resistances are those of their normal mob families, except raised 3 levels. For example, a mob family that is 100% across the board normally would be 50% (100% > 85% > 70% > 50%) in Sheol C. 50% is when you get your damage cut by half even without a resist, so in Sheol C, only families with non-Odyssey resist ranks of 115%/130%/150% for that element and no Odyssey damage type penalty take full hybrid WS damage.
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-04-26 09:20:24  
Geriond, I'm not sure I understand you well, but that makes little sense to me based on how I understand the current community agreement of Odyssey. (I could say "based on the current..." but I am but one person)

First you're not specifying if you're talking about weapon or elemental resis or both. Let's assume both. Let's take a Lynx (Coeurls in C).

According to what you write a Lynx would now have 50% to all weapon types, 10% to thunder, 50% fire, 80% earth etc. etc. Maybe this is not what you wanted to say.

The vast majority of the community sort of agrees that:
Coeurls are beasts. All beasts take reduced piercing damage in Odyssey (to varying degrees, increasing from A through C). Usually Coeurls are 100% to all weapon types. They have their normal magical resistances which vary a lot but not because of Odyssey. By no means has a Lynx in Odyssey C reduced resistances all across the board.

I've mentioned this before in this thread, nobody but Square knows the exact mechanics happening in Odyssey in that regard and extensive testing is almost zero. But we have come to this consensus just like we did with directional crafting back in the day. So you know the community must be right! (hahaha) I won't discourage discussions about this in this thread, so feel free to keep commenting :)
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-26 09:26:40  
I was talking about elemental resistance ranks. Sheol C mobs absolutely do not have their normal elemental resistances, which is quite clear to anyone that uses magic on them often. They're all ramped up three stages from their normal ones.

Those resistances you mentioned are not what a Lynx would have; 60% would go to 30% when resistance is upgraded by 3 stages, not 10%, for example.
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-04-26 09:29:53  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Those resistances you mentioned are not what a Lynx would have; 60% would go to 30% when resistance is upgraded by 3 stages, not 10%, for example.
Thanks for pointing out.

This is interesting to me. Are there any discussions about this? Are there people taking notes on this? I haven't read any such statements before where elemental resistances where declared to have a flat penalty in Odyssey apart from our allmighty PNG charts.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-26 09:34:36  
Some JPs tested it, and someone reported the results on ffxiah (forget where, maybe the Odyssey topic) a month or two ago. It predicts all of the elemental cuts that Sheol C mobs have that their families don't normally.

I'll try to dig up the original source later.
[+]
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-04-26 09:43:46  
So what I take from this is that eventually Square will make an interview for the 40th anniversary laughing about people making quick assumptions about Odyssey mechanics when in reality they had absolutely nothing changed hahaha.

If people could talk about what you mention more often it would hopefully raise awareness and more people could argue/discuss about it leading to more testing and ultimately implementation in the wikis. Honestly this is the first time I've heard this. Very intriguing.

As far as SheolHelper goes, I'd appreciate more detailed pointers if anybody wanted me to look into this. I don't see me scouring the forums and sites for this. But it would absolutely affect the elemental table of the addon.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-26 09:44:19  
Sorry, it was a 4 stage cut on C (for resistances starting at 100, it goes 100 > 85 > 70 > 60 > 50), not 3 stage, I misremembered.

So what I take from this is that eventually Square will make an interview for the 40th anniversary laughing about people making quick assumptions about Odyssey mechanics when in reality they had absolutely nothing changed hahaha.

If people could talk about what you mention more often it would hopefully raise awareness and more people could argue/discuss about it leading to more testing and ultimately implementation in the wikis. Honestly this is the first time I've heard this. Very intriguing.

As far as SheolHelper goes, I'd appreciate more detailed pointers if anybody wanted me to look into this. I don't see me scouring the forums and sites for this. But it would absolutely affect the elemental table of the addon.

Actually, it was posted in this very topic on the previous page by Reain (I just found it again).
 Odin.Deridjian
By Odin.Deridjian 2022-04-26 09:48:55  
Oh boi. Shame on me you're right. I even flagged it haha. Well,... I guess I'll add this to the to-do list then! Not sure if I'll work on it right now though. It's based on a single Japanese Twitter post. Even though you're reporting that you'd confirm this as a magic user, this would usually not be a great source to throw information at an addon that's getting used by several people by now. Not sure how I feel about this.

Edit: Added to [To-Do's and known bugs] for now. Thanks for bringing this up!