New Character Development System: Master Level.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-06 08:41:04  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
I beat the master trials 3-4 years after they released, with numerous gear and power creeps that didn't exist when they were released, and I really want SE to exclude people who can't kill them so I can have something to lord over them.
Ahh, ya don't need to make fun of us that did it so recently, ha. Not everyone (myself included) is at a gear or skill level to do things like that when they first come out.

Note that I do not want master trials blocking master levels. That's just dumb and mean to want, ha
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-06 08:43:50  
SimonSes said: »
People here really like to rage over their and other people imagination. Makes me laugh.

What we know:
- we will get master levels that rise basic attributes
- we can get master levels in "your usual stomping grounds"
- we can get master levels beating "foes a little more challenging"

We know nothing else.
You can try make assumptions and discuss it, but to be upset about your assumptions is just hilarious.

My assumptions:
Its not gonna be any JP like system. I expect something more like Trial of the Magians like. So you will need to kill 1000 lizards with minimal level being for example 100 or alternatively 10 new NM Lizard. Something like that. So grind for casuals and something challenging for top players. I don't expect that and Im not gonna fight and defend this guess, because it's only a guess. Relax and wait 5 days, then your raging might at least be justified, while now it's just silly.

It could just be higher level enemy requirements to gain the points, like how you don't get Capacity Points for mobs under level 96.

It's amazing how people *** endlessly on here. We get mediocre updates for a string of months and they *** that there's little to no content. SE drops a new progression system of some kind, new missions, upgrades trust Paladins, and whatever else is occurring this month and they still ***.

Some of ya'll just a bunch of ***.

This is something you can do while you wait for the next batch of substantial content we're getting (hopefully by) next Summer.

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Ahh, ya don't need to make fun of us that did it so recently, ha. Not everyone (myself included) is at a gear or skill level to do things like that when they first come out.

Myself and my friends at the time were adequate for the challenge, but they had no interest in pursuing it and I had no interest in networking and trying to do it outside of my already dedicated time in the game. Shame.

I would have liked them to gate it behind a HTBF Maat fight you do solo, personally.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-11-06 09:04:31  
I feel like the fact we get so minimal updates, when SE gets around to giving us something big, we want it to be worthwhile. It's not like the old days when we got something substantial to mess around with almost every month, it's more like once a year now, if we're lucky.

I'm not going to complain about getting new content, that's great, but at least make it interesting. If it's just kill mob after mob, that sucks, we've already done that. We want to be challenged, and certainly don't want something that every Tom, *** and Harry will bot because "that's just how it is". Will judge it accordingly when it lands, but keeping expectations to a minimum.

It's funny because I recently made a topic about job progression going through Bahamut. I made the suggestion after playing FF1 and seeing how it handled job upgrades: Introduce FF1 Bahamut for job upgrades?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-06 09:11:57  
It needs one of those expectation vs reality memes.

"here's something you can work towards now that you're all master and you need something to do when not doing events"

"so you mean something to shift to primary focus and grind out as fast as possible"

The intention being a nice bonus for when you "have nothing to do" but the reality being "max out or be gimp DAY OF THE UPDATE"

Best made intentions perverted and mangled into a miserable pile of ***. This is why we can't have nice things etc
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-06 09:19:08  
Its amusing how so many reference "we used to get big updates every month!", completely forgetting that for a good 2/3rd's of the game's life, we rarely got ANY update except once every 3 to 4 months. The "monthly" update wasn't a thing pre-Ambuscade which forced a server shutdown monthly to cycle in new enemies for that, and SE then decided to call it a true "update" vs just Ambuscade change...and our expectations rose.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-06 09:23:23  
Idk maybe it's a matter of server, but I don't see anything like Idris only, master only, R15 rema only shouts on Bahamut. So I don't understand all those assumptions that community will require Master Levels from anyone to join lol Ambuscade. Especially early after they are added and them being indeed just basic attributes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-11-06 09:25:55  
Idk maybe it's a matter of server, but I don't see anything like Idris only, master only, R15 rema only shouts on Bahamut. So I don't understand all those assumptions that community will require Master Levels from anyone to join lol Ambuscade. Especially early after they are added and them being indeed just basic attributes.

Nah, but it has happened on Asura plenty of times, which is what I was making fun of.
By RadialArcana 2021-11-06 09:32:59  
This high demands in PUG shouts is from people who make parties and have the best gear themselves. They can shout for whatever they want to shout for, they can shout for TARU only parties if they want. Nothing stopping whoever is complaining or anyone else making a group with lower expectations.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I feel like the fact we get so minimal updates, when SE gets around to giving us something big, we want it to be worthwhile. It's not like the old days when we got something substantial to mess around with almost every month, it's more like once a year now, if we're lucky.

We got so little content added to the game outside of paid expansions that when I went to play another MMORPG when I quit after aby I was infuriated they had monthly patches, cause I couldn't login for hours. I had not experienced this before on FFXI.

FFXI barely added anything outside of expansions and the patches they did add were stuff from the expansion, cause they sold them to us barebones. The reson it didn't matter in the past was becasue drop rates were .01% or HNM etc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-11-06 09:54:42  
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »

Nah, but it has happened on Asura plenty of times, which is what I was making fun of.

For the sake of the rest of us, do we really need to view habits on Asura as "the standard"? In all reality they should be viewed as the Worst Case Scenario for a FFXI server, not the standard to judge other servers by.

Even SimonSes's example of Bahamut it great- that's no tiny server like where I reside now (and am quite aware my game experience is in the minority), and even they aren't seeing that kind of ***.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-06 10:14:31  
Even on Asura you may see shouts for R15, Idris etc for an Ambu, but there are plenty of shouts not doing that.

Edit: a comma
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-11-06 10:15:37  
RadialArcana said: »
people who make parties and have the best gear themselves.
El Oh El. If only that were actually true. At least half of the time the people behind the most inane shouts are shitters decked in full ambu gear and a merc'd aeonic, if you're lucky.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-11-06 10:20:06  
Why does almost every thread have to revolve around Asura?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-06 10:24:22  
same reason why news outlets focus on big cities and no one talks about the population 600 cities in rural areas

<3 lakshmi stay tiny forever
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-06 10:53:36  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Even on Asura you may see shouts for R15 Idris etc for an Ambu, but there are plenty of shouts not doing that.

Maybe R15 or Idris, but I have never seen a shout for an R15 Idris, as even that would be impractical in almost every sense. But I'm sure you meant the former
By Gruknor 2021-11-06 11:00:35  
Asura has people who want to do content but don’t care if you have the best gear, just that your gear is good enough for the content. It is normal for my playtime on Asura to see r15 dd, rema brd, rema cot, idris geo shouts. I have never witnessed a r15 idris geo shout, but I bet it happens especially on odyssey v15 nms that need nukes.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-11-06 11:25:08  

We barely see shouts for anything on Bahamut compared to Asura. PUG culture is basically non-existent on any other server so the judgment heaped on Asura shouts always struck me as weird. Peoe shout for R15s because they can get it and know that's the best way to ensure success.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-11-06 11:25:54  
I missed a comma, my point was that for all the yells looking for crazy stuff, there are plenty that are not.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-11-06 14:28:35  
R20 nyame shouts any day now
[+]
By axetofall 2021-11-06 14:44:33  

Asura is the crown jewel of FFXI
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-11-06 17:00:09  

because they're consistently the prime example of how not to behave in this game.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-06 17:17:28  
Exping is the base of many MMO, but I would like it if they took a slightly different approach this time around. I like Simon's idea of a ToM style system, but I would really like it if they made, not just high level monsters, but high level beefed up versions of bosses from all over the game. 135+ Omega/Ultima, Incursion bosses, HNM Kings, SoA end bosses, etc, and recording it to a battle log, similar to the miraculous Dale quest. Same old exp/grind/farm/hunt/gather as ToM, but more creative that involves multiple tasks instead of something singular like "gather 75 items"
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-06 17:55:47  
If XI were a younger game, there'd probably be a twitter account just to highlight dipshit Asura shouts.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-06 17:57:43  
Odin.Foxmulder said: »
If XI were a younger game, there'd probably be a twitter account just to highlight dipshit Asura shouts.

There was, but they got lazy and stopped. Lasted longer than I thought it would but not by much. (Insert some cliche sentence about millennials having no ambition or something)

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53426/yells-of-asura

https://twitter.com/yellsofasura
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-11-06 18:04:44  
Everyone is complaining an all I'm hoping is apex in Bibki Bay so I can hear that battle music again.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-06 19:42:49  
First one you saw, there's lulworthy *** everyday in yell it's just harder to see with shouts broken.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Seun 2021-11-06 21:38:59  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
We barely see shouts for anything on Bahamut compared to Asura. PUG culture is basically non-existent on any other server so the judgment heaped on Asura shouts always struck me as weird. Peoe shout for R15s because they can get it and know that's the best way to ensure success.

Asura's issue mirrors the issues I find with these types of systems. 'Master' should be a title you achieve by proving that you're proficient at playing your job. On Asura, it's probably about 50/50 whether someone who is mastered knows how to play their job proficiently or knows how to AFK in Dho Gates proficiently. Funny because sad because true.

The only content that satisfies 'mastery' to me is solo challenge mode. Challenges catered specifically to each job that require understanding and execution. Everyone has the same gear, the same stats and the same limitations so you have better basis for measuring or comparing 'player skill'. I think people would be more open to pick up groups if you could tell that you weren't wasting your time on someone with more dollars than sense.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-06 21:42:15  
Job Master is just an arbitrary name; don't put too much stock into it. SE could have called it basically anything, and just picked master because it's cool.
By SimonSes 2021-11-07 02:42:22  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Job Master is just an arbitrary name; don't put too much stock into it. SE could have called it basically anything, and just picked master because it's cool.

Pretty sure they called it "Master", because as far as I can understand update announcement, you need "Mastered" job (2100JP) to be able to get Master Levels

Quote:
This is a new character advancement system to power up jobs for which you have earned the job master designation

Seun said: »
The only content that satisfies 'mastery' to me is solo challenge mode. Challenges catered specifically to each job that require understanding and execution. Everyone has the same gear, the same stats and the same limitations so you have better basis for measuring or comparing 'player skill'. I think people would be more open to pick up groups if you could tell that you weren't wasting your time on someone with more dollars than sense.

On a lot of jobs being able to solo well, doesn't mean at all that you have high skills for group content.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 19 20 21