New Character Development System: Master Level.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New Character Development System: Master Level.
New Character Development System: Master Level.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 19 20 21
By Draylo 2021-11-05 14:24:59  
I'll do it and don't mind the grind, i was just hoping it's more than simple stats and hopefully later on we get something else with it
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-11-05 14:32:16  
DaneBlood said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
They need to make content which makes you do all kinds of different things, instead of the typical:

1) Make party
2) Find camp
3) Kill enemies
4) Turn in points
5) Repeat

When you have leveled to 99, got your merits, and then mastered your job, that should be it. Make use of new notorious monsters, incorporate synthesis, get us exploring areas we don't normally go, do anything but the typical chain killing. There's nothing fresh or fun about that. Yeah, some might like grinding, but there's a limit for most people.

people would complain about it to just like they have done on any mechanics that removde the object from just killinh.

objectins in ommens
triggers in byssea
Trigger in dyna.
Fetters
exposing weakness or tricks in combat events
unlocking gear slots in .. i forgot the name where you farm alex
Voidwatch mechanics

keep on piling on anything that make is differnet than streigh up killing and people will whine. and when it straight up killing ppl will whine too

Some of the most interesting content in the game remains those that don't let you kill one mob, get the next, kill another mob etc. Variety is great. Vagary spawn mechanics were some of the most ridiculous anywhere, but the challenge made the event more interesting and the group had to coordinate.

If you chain kill, then you're just encouraging players and RMT to bot this new "content". It's not fresh and requires no thought. They might as well give the extra stats to us for nothing.

Now, if we got content where we have to actually think? To do tasks bots would never be able to accomplish? Where you need a solid group communicating and learning how to play their jobs properly to succeed? That's what FFXI has always been at its best. Anyone who moans, whines, and complains about that, are lazy, unskilled "players" who don't deserve to beat that content.
By DaneBlood 2021-11-05 15:11:24  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Some of the most interesting content in the game remains those that don't let you kill one mob, get the next, kill another mob etc. Variety is great. Vagary spawn mechanics were some of the most ridiculous anywhere, but the challenge made the event more interesting and the group had to coordinate.

If you chain kill, then you're just encouraging players and RMT to bot this new "content". It's not fresh and requires no thought. They might as well give the extra stats to us for nothing.

Now, if we got content where we have to actually think? To do tasks bots would never be able to accomplish? Where you need a solid group communicating and learning how to play their jobs properly to succeed? That's what FFXI has always been at its best. Anyone who moans, whines, and complains about that, are lazy, unskilled "players" who don't deserve to beat that content.

I'm not disagreeing at all with you. i think i covered that pretty well in my previous post, when i said that i think ffxi is the MMO with the most variate of gameplay/gamemechanics

I'm just saying that every and all content that has something beyond just killing a mob, people will whine about that as well as they will about it being a straight up kill thing.

it appears as anything less then getting a straight up 4 hours orgasm from the game and ppl will whine.
By DaneBlood 2021-11-05 15:16:16  
Draylo said: »
I'll do it and don't mind the grind, i was just hoping it's more than simple stats and hopefully later on we get something else with it

TBH I would love for some HP//MP stats
The constant drop in MP/HP from swapping since we have so much on gear now , is being annoying to manage.

boosting MP/PH would make hear have less of an impact on your hp/MP
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-11-05 15:25:59  
I actually liked doing Job Point farms. At least when Apex first came out, it used to be like old-school EXP parties.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-05 15:42:48  
Odin.Senaki said: »
I actually liked doing Job Point farms. At least when Apex first came out, it used to be like old-school EXP parties.

Everything is fine at first / in small enough doses. It's when you hit that thousandth kill for no drop or that 32nd time seeing this cutscene or your 1 million "you cannot enter at this time please try again" where it's ***.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-11-05 15:55:49  
I did too at the start, when people teamed up like the old days for merits. Then came the bots and everyone automating it and it killed the fun tbh. Which always makes me laugh how people clamored to have 75 days back and every time SE does something in that same spirit the people do everything possible to avoid it.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-11-05 16:36:14  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They fight it at first. They'll ***. There's no way I'll do that. Then a month later they'll fall in line.

I mean sure, they won't be excited for it, but they'll do it. What else will there be to do, nothing. This is it.

Before the addition of gifts, CP bonuses, and mobs over 119, job points really were ridiculous and pointless. You can't accuse people of capitulating when the whole system changed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2021-11-05 16:44:50  
Seems like SE is prepping our characters for the iLVL increase and new expansion next May.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-11-05 16:47:29  
Quote:
we have a couple of adjustments coming for those of you who want to cut your teeth on foes a little more challenging.
Preview of our new challenging foes:

[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-11-05 18:30:21  
Chimerawizard said: »
Quote:
we have a couple of adjustments coming for those of you who want to cut your teeth on foes a little more challenging.
Preview of our new challenging foes:

Is this a refference im to non ffxi weeb to understand ? :D
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-05 18:40:44  
It's a master tonberry. (mostly famous in FF7 but in others)

Fight a master for master points.
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2021-11-05 20:24:52  
All I know is that if the patch choices were:

A) Increase the power of your character

or

B)Here is another worthless cosmetic axe

I'm happy for the boost regardless of how tedious/annoying/boring it is. Too many worthless patches in the past. At least this one gives me something I can use.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-11-05 20:28:21  
At least with Merits, you were getting new JA and JA boosts. Merits were stored to your character, not locked to the job you used to get them, which was a great decision.

At least with JP, you were choosing specific ability upgrades, many of which fundamentally changed the way you could play the job. The Gifts part was mostly a nice bonus.

Grinding JP for base stats for ONE JOB AT A TIME has to be the absolute worst job progression system this game has seen. It's just a lazy way of increasing the game's level cap without needing to add new gear and new abilities. This new system is PEAK FF11, and not in the good way.

I'm holding out hope that there ends up being additional bonuses for grinding out Master points (i.e. gifts) but I'm doubtful.
 Asura.Robear
By Asura.Robear 2021-11-05 21:57:17  
I'm still crossing my fingers that whatever grind-ey content they release, that it can't be botted (I know this is super wishful thinking). Even so, imagine if there was a "Legend" title you get after finally doing x-kills, or x-SC's or w/e - some objective that required you to know your job well - you'd end up knowing that at least whoever achieved that status wasn't at work while a bot was doing it for them!

lulz
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-05 21:59:03  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Grinding JP for base stats for ONE JOB AT A TIME has to be the absolute worst job progression system this game has seen. It's just a lazy way of increasing the game's level cap without needing to add new gear and new abilities. This new system is PEAK FF11, and not in the good way.
We don't even know what it is yet, so you're making a ton of assumptions here.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-05 22:02:27  
From the wording it is a pretty safe bet that it's exactly what it is.

The only unknown is just how low the effort:reward is (and to be entirely fair, if you've played this game you already know it's going to be unreasonably low)
By Zubis 2021-11-05 22:04:00  
Yeah it's called Master Levels for a reason. It's a fair assumption it's based off of the Master system, which is per job.

Which is hilarious btw.

"You've reached the absolute peak of your Job. You are MASTER."
*7 years later*
"Uh, I did tell you there were levels to Master, right?"
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-05 22:09:50  
He's assuming it uses JP (could be anything, including something new), and he's assuming that it's only base stats (could also include other things like MAB or Accuracy because "attributes" doesn't always mean the same thing by SE, and will also likely be expanded to other bonuses in the future even if it doesn't).

It being "peak FFXI" will require it to be a ridiculous grind, and we don't know just how much effort it will take for rewards.
By Draylo 2021-11-05 23:25:11  
Hes always a cry baby, so don't even bother replying. JP started out very similar so we have to see where it goes.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2021-11-05 23:45:35  
I am kind of thinking that it's a new version of merit points that'll cost 500 job points for each one, or you beat some Master Tonberry NM-like foe (not tonberry exclusive) that'll wipe the floor with you easily.
They'll start with base stats and see how fast we actually manage to grind them, then move on to job augments, campaign/trust exclusive weaponskills, and more.

These are just my guesses and could easily be proven wrong in a few days.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-11-06 00:16:52  
Asura.Geriond said: »
He's assuming it uses JP (could be anything, including something new)

Oh, my mistake, I meant "MASTER points", which is a totally brand new currency that you get in exactly the same way as Experience Points and Capacity Points, but is actually something totally cool and new.

My chief complaint is that this is the laziest way to enable "job growth"--- it's just leveling up except you don't have to add JAs or balance anything. You know it, I know it, it's going to be a grindfest, and since this system is implied to be married to each job, it means that SE ostensibly intends this to be the "next big thing" in terms of progression. They'll justify this as "it will be a lot of content!!"... sure, if doing the same exact thing across 22 jobs is what you'd call content.

Doesn't matter if it's base attributes, att/acc, evasion, STP, whatever--- it's still lazy game design. It's all the worst parts of vertical game progression.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-11-06 01:43:11  
{Ambuscade} VD [Do you need it?} {Looking for Members} Master Level R15 Idris GEO ONLY 5/6 {/tell}

also I'm gonna laugh if the unlock requirement for getting Master Level Points is having all 4 Master Trials completed.

I'd laugh even harder if previously cleared Master Trials didn't count and you had to do them again if you've done them all already.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-11-06 06:34:20  

pleb mode
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-11-06 07:15:45  
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
also I'm gonna laugh if the unlock requirement for getting Master Level Points is having all 4 Master Trials completed.

I'd laugh even harder if previously cleared Master Trials didn't count and you had to do them again if you've done them all already.

Let me try to translate..

I beat the master trials 3-4 years after they released, with numerous gear and power creeps that didn't exist when they were released, and I really want SE to exclude people who can't kill them so I can have something to lord over them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-11-06 07:26:07  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

Let me try to translate..

I beat the master trials 3-4 years after they released, with numerous gear and power creeps that didn't exist when they were released, and I really want SE to exclude people who can't kill them so I can have something to lord over them.

Projecting so hard that you could charge extra for IMAX. Holy ***.
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-06 08:17:55  
You done re-editing your post? About as bad as friggin' Fone.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-11-06 08:23:38  
Odin.Foxmulder said: »
You done re-editing your post? About as bad as friggin' Fone.

you done simping for one of the worst posters on this forum?
By SimonSes 2021-11-06 08:24:07  
People here really like to rage over their and other people imagination. Makes me laugh.

What we know:
- we will get master levels that rise basic attributes
- we can get master levels in "your usual stomping grounds"
- we can get master levels beating "foes a little more challenging"

We know nothing else.
You can try make assumptions and discuss it, but to be upset about your assumptions is just hilarious.

My assumptions:
Its not gonna be any JP like system. I expect something more like Trial of the Magians like. So you will need to kill 1000 lizards with minimal level being for example 100 or alternatively 10 new NM Lizard. Something like that. So grind for casuals and something challenging for top players. I don't expect that and Im not gonna fight and defend this guess, because it's only a guess. Relax and wait 5 days, then your raging might at least be justified, while now it's just silly.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 19 20 21