New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-10-07 14:56:12  
Asura.Zacheus said: »
Realistically, is this brew bug something that SE would spank us for taking advantage of?

These days this is a chance I'm willing to take. 0 ***.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2022-10-07 15:02:30  
Realistically, is this brew bug something that SE would spank us for taking advantage of?

realistically? the odds of being punished is higher than the drop rate of armor/weapons from the HTBF. whether or not they actually take the message that the loot pool is so imbalanced that players are willing to risk SE's ire is anyone's guess. personally, I don't think this is going to result in a ban, but if you don't think it is worth the risk, don't do it.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-10-07 15:04:12  
They've definitely came down on people who have knowingly taken advantage of bugs to circumvent content, so it's always a possibility (but not a guarantee, as SE is unpredictable), especially if you do it more than once or twice just for the novelty.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-10-07 15:06:02  
I don't think it matter given the drop rate... 400 VD kills to get my cloak, mostly solo.

If you want to blow 400 brews to get yours instead of waiting on aman trove go for it I guess.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-07 15:21:11  
Can they? Sure. If they wanted to.

Will they? Highly doubt it.

The NPC says "we are disabling temp items in the bcnm", which he does (but occasionally temps are somehow allowed). But they goofed by allowing Transcendence status to transfer to the BCNM. So really that's on them. but they could still take action if you're abusing a glitch in the game.

Realistically, just look at precedent. Have they taken action against things like this in the past? If not, unlikely they will here. But honestly, what did this actually do? more people did the BC that was extinct. Probably over thousands of runs, maybe 50 or less useful items dropped. That's a huge nothingburger of an exploit, if it can even be called that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-10-07 15:54:42  
If it is indeed believed to be true, SE didnt ban accounts that flooded the market with kindred's medal's, and I believe a majority of HQ Craft abusers avoided the ban hammer as well. The potential damage to the economy because a handful of crepuscular items is so negligible I would call it non-existent compared to the damage the kindred's medal and HQ craft exploits did.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-07 16:01:40  
Different circumstance. The dupers got banned, but they could hide their illgotten gains on mules that are "untouchable"

If you were getting illgotten R/E gear via exploits, obviously the account that got them was present for the exploit and prime for the ban.

You can always do whatever the *** you want, as long its on mules. And transfer the stuff to main. Never *** around on the main.

They're spineless though currently, I wouldnt actually expect any bans for it.

Keep waiting for that tipping point, it always happens eventually, but damn if they aren't taking their sweet *** time again.
By Rips 2022-10-07 16:37:02  
If anyone is after stuff from this BCNM just send me a PM and be ready to put a few hours aside. We can book an appointment for my AMAN mules.

Edit: I know this post sounds arrogant, but I’ve helped enough people get Shamash, Dagon, and Ashera this way. Win/win. Job cards and junk are also free lot.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-10-07 18:29:36  
Rips said: »
If anyone is after stuff from this BCNM just send me a PM and be ready to put a few hours aside. We can book an appointment for my AMAN mules.

Edit: I know this post sounds arrogant, but I’ve helped enough people get Shamash, Dagon, and Ashera this way. Win/win. Job cards and junk are also free lot.
You're right, this is a predatory post targeting people who desire a specific item. I can't fault you for taking advantage of peoples' desires, but this is gross nonetheless and the fact that you're aware of it doesn't make things any better. But good on you for trying to make some $$$.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-07 18:56:33  
Those 100 mars orbs ain't gonna pay for themselves (without selling ((the stuff from))those mars orbs, at which point they do pay for themselves)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-07 21:54:12  
Let's talk about it. Has anyone actually legit got something from shinryu since the recent "resurgence" of this htbf the past few days? I feel like all this did was remind people of how bad these drops really were and we just needed some "glitch" to justify not spending the standard amount of time on it. (You can respond on mules if you don't wanna tell on yourself. )
By Skeelo2412 2022-10-07 22:13:48  
I did close to 50 runs past 3 days, and got Scythe only. All out of cruor now.
 Leviathan.Supernads
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-10-07 22:41:53  
There are 29 people in zone trying to get in right now on Asura, should be plenty of data.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2022-10-07 23:58:51  
20 deep in the past day and no weapons/armor.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2022-10-08 00:20:43  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Can they? Sure. If they wanted to.

Will they? Highly doubt it.

potential ban appeal is already drafted:
"what i do wrong? me see orange item, me use. orange item strong. me use again. if no want use item no give us item.
reward still no get ; ;"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-10-08 10:15:06  
Imagine what they would think when receiving the bug report

* Congestion in the BCNM is gone, 1 min kills followed by 30 mins limit points farming.
* Large amount of cruor (gil indirectly) remove from the game
* No meaningful increase in armor and weapon drops.

Chucks the bug report into the bottom of the box.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2022-10-08 10:38:35  
Let's talk about it. Has anyone actually legit got something from shinryu since the recent "resurgence" of this htbf the past few days? I feel like all this did was remind people of how bad these drops really were and we just needed some "glitch" to justify not spending the standard amount of time on it. (You can respond on mules if you don't wanna tell on yourself. )

I got the dagger after about 12 attempts.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-08 13:11:49  
You won the lottery. Grats.

So, if the distribution is totally screwed on this fight, and it's the same kind of shared drop slot as Ochiudo's Kote, does that mean TH effectively does nothing to improve the rarer drops in the pool? I thought that was the case, but I keep seeing people say TH10+ and wondering how that could have any impact besides just making the slot appear, not necessarily target drops. Fundamental misunderstanding?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-08 13:25:52  
Even if you fully understood how TH was supposed to work, the people making TH work, don't know how TH works. Even if they say it works, it might not. They're simply untrustworthy. It could be broken, they wouldn't know, it could be doubling the effect, they wouldn't know.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-10-08 14:29:40  
if the distribution is totally screwed on this fight, and it's the same kind of shared drop slot as Ochiudo's Kote, does that mean TH effectively does nothing to improve the rarer drops in the pool

to the best current understanding we have available, this is correct

but as eiryl said, SE isn't thoroughly trustworthy (and they also haven't given an outright answer on whether all shared slots work the same way or whether any are effected by TH.. though I believe they did say it doesn't alter the chances of dring at some point)
By SimonSes 2022-10-08 16:34:08  
VD has 2 slots and second isn't high %, so TH will help a lot in getting it.
By pepsitaru 2022-10-09 22:25:39  
have only done the bcnm vd with brew solo thf like 7 times and have gotten earring,pebbble,and ring.
By Vaerix 2022-10-10 01:05:36  
pepsitaru said: »
have only done the bcnm vd with brew solo thf like 7 times and have gotten earring,pebbble,and ring.

If you were to send off all of those drops to yourself and just drop them every run, you'll probably see that same experience every run until you're out of cruor
By pepsitaru 2022-10-10 01:15:37  
so those are like 50% drop rates on vd?
By pepsitaru 2022-10-10 01:18:23  
either way I want the dagger so you are probably right about running out of cruor thing.
By Vaerix 2022-10-10 02:12:29  
so those are like 50% drop rates on vd?

Earring/Ring/Pebble are the primary drops. People believe that all of the drops share the drop slot like pixie earring/defending ring. And just like KB the odds of getting any of the other drops are horrendous.

Edit: in this analogy, crep ring/earring/Pebble are pixie earring, crep. dagger/helm/mail/scythe/cloak are the defending ring

either way I want the dagger so you are probably right about running out of cruor thing.

Yeah it's a sad but true reality with the fight, best of luck though.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2022-10-10 15:26:04  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Different circumstance.
Fair enough

Was anyone banned for using Asylum to pre-buff in Odyssey? Same circumstance in this case. Asylum prevents buffs from being removed, and transcendency is a non-removable buff.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-10 15:36:47  
No one was banned for that as far as I know, there would've been posts
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-10-10 18:50:10  
I have killed Shinryu on VD 745 times and never received a dagger as a drop. I'm not sure the cruor can last that long. . .

745 kills: 2x Helm; 4x Scythe; 4x Mail; 1x Cloak
By Vaerix 2022-10-10 19:06:15  
Fenrir.Velner said: »
I have killed Shinryu on VD 745 times and never received a dagger as a drop. I'm not sure the cruor can last that long. . .

745 kills: 2x Helm; 4x Scythe; 4x Mail; 1x Cloak

Much smaller sample, somewhere between 130 and 150 of VD (post merit increase) with TH10+ every run: 3 daggers, 1 helm, 1 mail.
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39