users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Absolute Virtue Campaign begins today
Absolute Virtue Campaign begins today
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-25 21:28:34  
In case anyone is interested, the absolute virtue campaign begins today and lasts through Monday July 26. While the reward is primarily lockstyle equipment, the weapons are level 1 and usable by all jobs so they do serve a secondary purpose of being proc enablers for abyssea content. I was already impressed with the screenshots S-E provided, but s-e's image quality doesn't do them justice. The actual weapons in game are quite stunning. I have to hand it to the dev team; they really went to some lengths with the design. I'm thoroughly impressed with how they look. The detail work is quite good.

I got both axes and both daggers from a single Jailer of Prudence kill, so I suspect the drop rate is 100%. In case anyone is interested, I've included a pair of screenshots of each weapon for visual reference. I don't have the sword, staff, or lance yet, but they follow the same design.

Edit: This was added a few posts down but I'm adding it into the OP since it entails which NMs drop which weapons.

Quote:
FaeQueenCory said: »

T1s (Temperance/Fortitude/Faith) - Staff & Sword I + II

T2s (Justice/Hope/Prudence) - Axe & Dagger I + II

T3 (Love) - All of them I + II

Absolute Virtue - All of them I + II & sheet music KI

Love and Virtue are the only way to get Spears, even though they have the potential to drop any of the 5.
They only drop something if you don't have it, if you already have the things they drop, you will get nothing.
They can drop multiples of a type, and generally drop 2 weapons every time. (e.g. usually you'll get bot an axe and a dagger from a T2, with more TH you'll possibly get duplicates.)

[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-25 22:51:25  
Ok I can confirm that the drops are not in fact set in stone, After killing jailer of Temperance I got duplicates and lost some of the pool. I must've just gotten lucky with my first kill to get all the unique drops. I was thief main with treasure hunter 8 on both kills, but I don't think that made a difference. I suspect you just get two of each type of weapon per kill, and it's random whether each is version 1 or version 2. Since they're rare/ex you lose any duplicates solo. Here's the two pools from my 2 kills as well as a snippet of the staff version 2

They really do look good. Happy hunting!
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-06-25 22:54:39  
Thanks for this. I started farming up some of the pops today. Can you confirm if the Aern Dagger II is as good, if not a better option for RDM enspell TP sets? What's the damage and delay on it? Thank you.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-25 22:57:35  
It's lockstyle gear. They're level 1. But they're really COOL looking lockstyle gear.

The dagger is damage 1, delay 180, so they're also functional as proc weapons whenever you plan to do any abyssea content. Not usable for actual events beyond the glamor effect. It's a fun event s-e added to give us some new toys to play with. Some people will be interested, most probably won't. That's perfectly fine. I have enough space in my wardrobe to carry around a couple pieces of lockstyle equipment. And as far as looks go, these are among the best designs I've seen. I know I can't be the only one who likes to have a unique look when I'm in party. So I thought I'd post this as a public service announcement, since the official announcement from s-e was easy to overlook.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-06-25 23:14:19  
Ah cool, so it's another option for RDMs or other jobs looking for level 1 daggers (the enspell technique is sometimes used on Odin to not feed TP while also doing damage). A good time to farm these up if someone hasn't got Esikuva, Norgish Dagger, Infiltrator or Qutrub Knife.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-06-26 06:29:14  
Why they only do a few weapon types of this kinda stuff is beyond me..... Let's get all weapon classes in there. Same with flipping master trials...... BOOOO I say,.... BOOOO!
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-06-26 06:55:09  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Ok I can confirm that the drops are not in fact set in stone, After killing jailer of Temperance I got duplicates and lost some of the pool. I must've just gotten lucky with my first kill to get all the unique drops. I was thief main with treasure hunter 8 on both kills, but I don't think that made a difference. I suspect you just get two of each type of weapon per kill, and it's random whether each is version 1 or version 2. Since they're rare/ex you lose any duplicates solo. Here's the two pools from my 2 kills as well as a snippet of the staff version 2

They really do look good. Happy hunting!

The last time this campaign was up, I just spend the day in sea and worked my way up thru all the pops from nothing up to a JoL/AV pop. I forget if AV dropped any of the weapons, but I did have all of them by the time I was done murdering him/she/it. I also wanted the satisfaction of murdering AV solo...
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-26 06:59:48  
Quote:
Why they only do a few weapon types of this kinda stuff is beyond me..... Let's get all weapon classes in there. Same with flipping master trials...... BOOOO I say,.... BOOOO!

It's because the aerns themselves only equip certain weapon types, so they only made the 5 weapon types the aerns ever use to keep the event thematic. Aerns will never equip a club, H2H, G axe, etc, so that's why there are none. It kinda sucks, but that's their reasoning. Here are images of the swords for reference as well.

[+]
By Draylo 2021-06-26 08:32:17  
Love the lockstyle options now! Too cool
By Agrestic 2021-06-26 09:21:34  
fortitude
staff
sword
staff II
sword II

faith
nothing

justice
axe
dagger
dagger II
dagger II

hope
dagger
dagger

prudence
nothing

love
spear
sword
sword II
spear II

av
axe
axe II
By FaeQueenCory 2021-06-26 09:36:44  
Agrestic said: »
fortitude
staff
sword
staff II
sword II

faith
nothing

justice
axe
dagger
dagger II
dagger II

hope
dagger
dagger

prudence
nothing

love
spear
sword
sword II
spear II

av
axe
axe II
This is minorly misleading, let me help:

• T1s (Temperance/Fortitude/Faith) - Staff & Sword I + II

• T2s (Justice/Hope/Prudence) - Axe & Dagger I + II

• T3 (Love) - All of them I + II

• Absolute Virtue - All of them I + II & sheet music KI

Love and Virtue are the only way to get Spears, even though they have the potential to drop any of the 5.
They only drop something if you don't have it, if you already have the things they drop, you will get nothing.
They can drop multiples of a type, and generally drop 2 weapons every time. (e.g. usually you'll get bot an axe and a dagger from a T2, with more TH you'll possibly get duplicates.)
[+]
By Agrestic 2021-06-26 09:52:36  
Doesn't take much TH to get multiples. Had TH2 the entire time. Was just posting the results of this morning's kill, in order.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-26 10:00:12  
Yeah the drops are tied to specific NM tiers. All 3 tier 1 jailers are sword and staves. All tier 2 jailers are daggers and axes. Jailer of love is the only tier 3 jailer, and it has all the previous weapons in addition to the lance. Absolute virtue also has all the weapons in its pool.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-26 10:33:38  
dang didn't expect the axes to look that nice. never bothered with this event as I have my RDM 1dmg options, but I might need a fresh /lockstyle on RNG.
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-26 10:40:27  
FaeQueenCory said: »
  • T1s (Temperance/Fortitude/Faith) - Staff & Sword I + II

• T2s (Justice/Hope/Prudence) - Axe & Dagger I + II

• T3 (Love) - All of them I + II

• Absolute Virtue - All of them I + II & sheet music KI

You should edit this into your OP of the thread. It's good info.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-26 13:10:39  
Quote:
You should edit this into your OP of the thread. It's good info.

I agree. I added it in.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-26 15:37:34  
I use the Aern spear sword dagger for Abyssea procs (and staff could be used too, though I pull out my trusty signet staff for that). Worth grabbing for that purpose if you lack a lv1 all jobs weapon for any of those types.
[+]
 Asura.Sesshmaru
user: Sesshmaru
By Asura.Sesshmaru 2021-06-26 23:15:56  
The Axes looks sick to be honest. I wish there is Great sword.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-27 18:51:29  
Thank you so much for the info. Was very helpful!

The 15 minute ??? respawn timer is a bunch of butt though. >.<
By alzeerffxi 2021-06-27 20:10:48  
***i need polearm badly