Widened Compass

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » Widened Compass
Widened Compass
By Shichishito 2021-03-27 14:25:27  
am i the only one who fails to see this beeing a 1hour ability?

if it had a short cooldown or very long duration i could see it relieving some pain in roaming content which SE seems to favor so much lately but with 60 second duration/1 hour cooldown why even bother?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-27 14:29:28  
I've had it actually be useful... once, ever, in the history of geo.

It's garbage, and needs to be replaced.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-03-27 14:34:02  
Can only imagine it being useful for 10' AoEs that might kill the luopan. IE bolstered debuff bubble on Kei so your tank doesn't have to move on Dancing Fullers.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-03-27 15:08:45  
what also kinda boggles my mind is for the majority of the past it was basically unthinkable to roam content, ppl always had a camp and a puller. now we have geo and staying stationary is more important than ever befor yet somehow it's suddenly perfectly fine to split up and roam.
By Chimerawizard 2021-03-27 15:40:33  
I've used it many times at Kei.
Usually too much of a pain to set up even if it might save a BoG luopan or two.
It definitely is not worthy of a SP recast time.
[+]
By Nocki 2021-03-27 16:38:23  
Shichishito said: »
what also kinda boggles my mind is for the majority of the past it was basically unthinkable to roam content, ppl always had a camp and a puller. now we have geo and staying stationary is more important than ever befor yet somehow it's suddenly perfectly fine to split up and roam.
With the main endgame revolving around Odyssey, I'm not sure where the idea of being stationary as being important comes from.

Chimerawizard said: »
I've used it many times at Kei.
Usually too much of a pain to set up even if it might save a BoG luopan or two.
It definitely is not worthy of a SP recast time.
I too, have only really found a use of it in this scenario. On larger mobs you can often place the bubble in a safe spot without using Widened Compass. The Job Point bonus to it is also basically useless.
By Shichishito 2021-03-28 01:47:36  
Nocki said: »
With the main endgame revolving around Odyssey, I'm not sure where the idea of being stationary as being important comes from.
the point is ppl rarely roamed in any content befor adoulin, even in content like dynamis where you also had to battle thru a map ppl still made temporary camps and brought a puller. now that we have a GEO there is a bigger incentive to stay together than ever befor SE decides to pushe more and more roaming content. some GEOs don't even bother to cast their stationary bubbles on omen or dyna fodder anymore cause it's too much of a hustle.

on a side note if evasion tanking is as effective in odyssey as some claim it to be and SE finally bothered to fix animation lock i believe a Gandring path C THF could be a amazing puller/supertank/DD.

Nocki said: »
I too, have only really found a use of it in this scenario. On larger mobs you can often place the bubble in a safe spot without using Widened Compass. The Job Point bonus to it is also basically useless.
lets give a job that easily reaches FC cap and with spells that are already very fast a FC bonus, genius.

imho the entire job is a mess and only did so well due to bugged bubbles. the adjustments to bubbles, mob stats, the nerf to consecutive MB nukes and the switch to roam content throws GEO far behind the other available supports.
 Sylph.Chocobro
サーバ: Sylph
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2021-04-21 18:44:28  
Most jobs have one good 1hour and one meh. Bolster is so good, I don’t mind having a laugh with Widened Compass.
[+]
By Gruknor 2021-04-21 18:49:30  
Full circle is an ability that I use the most on geo for a good reason.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-04-21 18:51:08  
Hey, you can gravity bosses more easily. You just need to stand in AoE range and follow them around. What could go wrong?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-04-22 04:16:27  
Ninjas over there with their Mijin Gakure givin' the side-eye.
[+]
By Virlym 2021-04-22 06:03:00  
Considering Ninja's niche is solo/lowman, mijin ends up being super useful in alot of situations. Just pop a reraise, toss a blade: yu to poison the mob and incase of a wipe you can reraise, mijin, resummon trusts, rebuff and resume the battle with minimal time loss without being weak. Definitely came in handy more than once when soloing Omen bosses.
[+]
 Fenrir.Svens
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2021-04-22 06:33:44  
Wish it could be something similar to Stymie, where it would let the next debuff geo bubble affect enemies for its full potency, but that would probably be too strong paired with bolster. Maybe they could make them not stack, but that sounds like a headache to implement.
By Chimerawizard 2021-04-22 09:16:44  
If only the players weren't all dirty cheaters using corners and addons to circumvent knockback, they would see how great Widened Compass was intended to be.
By Shichishito 2021-04-22 10:40:14  
the anchor comment has a point but never heard of someone getting banned for proper positioning to counter knockback.

widened compass is mostly a convenience tool to avoid some repositioning. could argue BRDs equivalent to WC is pianissimo, comes with a 5 second cooldown, go figure.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-22 11:53:31  
Chimerawizard said: »
If only the players weren't all dirty cheaters using corners and addons to circumvent knockback, they would see how great Widened Compass was intended to be.

Is this sarcasm?