First Page 2
By SimonSes 2021-02-22 17:21:42  
Part 1 - Gleti's Armor set for THF and DNC
YouTube Video Placeholder

DNC sheet
THF sheet
[+]
By Autocast 2021-02-22 17:42:31  
Nice vid, thanks for your work. Look forward to more.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-22 18:22:07  
Mandau king for THF again!?!
[+]
By Veydal1 2021-02-22 18:51:39  
Great vid!

Question I've had regarding the THF spreadsheet -
I've seen Mandalic Stab listed as 1.75 modifier for attack, but in spreadsheets I've seen it as 1.66. Specifically under 'Other Lists', cell M95.

Looking forward to playing around with the sheet and new gear and applying it to expected content - Omen NMs, Dynamis Waves 1-3, Ambu, etc.

Thanks again!

[Edit]
I also think it's definitely worth mentioning the setup around the DPS numbers, like target information and expected buffs / debuffs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-23 00:57:26  
Veydal1 said: »
I also think it's definitely worth mentioning the setup around the DPS numbers, like target information and expected buffs / debuffs.

Yeah I mentioned that capped attack is the general rule for Gleti's to work, but I should also mention that those number where also with samurai roll. Other buffs was only to cap haste, attack and accuracy and those will change from target to target. I really just wanted to finish and release that video finally tbh. I was in those sheets since update (not only THF and DNC ;) ). Haven't even farmed Odyssey, Omen or Dynamism XD. Yesterday I also found out I had wrong formula for crit pdif cap (see DRG thread for details), so I needed to fix that and correct all numbers in the video XD Next time I will try to provide more details :)
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-02-23 01:06:56  
SimonSes said: »
Yesterday I also found out I had wrong formula for crit pdif cap (see DRG thread for details)
that explains a lot of the damage sheets were showing over my simulations then.
By SimonSes 2021-02-23 02:09:24  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Yesterday I also found out I had wrong formula for crit pdif cap (see DRG thread for details)
that explains a lot of the damage sheets were showing over my simulations then.

Idk if that's that. The error was only with connection to PDL in gear and afaik only public sheets with PDL were MNK and BRD and those two don't have this issue. It was really only a problem in few sheets I updated post update for my personal use in last 12 days and I haven't really posted numbers from them anywhere I think.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-02-23 02:10:35  
considering mnk was what i had in mind, probably was a good portion of the difference
By SimonSes 2021-02-23 02:53:44  
considering mnk was what i had in mind, probably was a good portion of the difference

But the monk sheet never had this error :)
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-02-23 03:17:24  
When are the vids for jobs that people actually play??

[+]
By Weeew 2021-02-23 03:21:20  
Bahamut.Negan said: »

LEEEAAAVE THFSSS ALOOOONE!

[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-02-23 07:56:05  
Thanks for putting the video together Baniak! Excited to try the new sets on my thief!

PS: You need to update your equipviewer icons, you might experience lag spikes while zoning with the white squares.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-23 09:25:35  
Simon can you go into a little more detail on the Phyrric numbers you have using Gleti's? I am considering buying the set and dusting off my Terps DNC after seeing this video.

What set were you using? I am assuming something like:

ItemSet 378249
?

I was looking in the spreadsheet you linked but 1) i am a total noob when it comes to those spreadsheets and how they work and 2) I didn't see any PK specific stuff in there...semeed like it was only set up for Evisceration/Rudra.
By Veydal1 2021-02-23 09:27:44  

Yeah I mentioned that capped attack is the general rule for Gleti's to work, but I should also mention that those number where also with samurai roll. Other buffs was only to cap haste, attack and accuracy and those will change from target to target. I really just wanted to finish and release that video finally tbh. I was in those sheets since update (not only THF and DNC ;) ). Haven't even farmed Odyssey, Omen or Dynamism XD. Yesterday I also found out I had wrong formula for crit pdif cap (see DRG thread for details), so I needed to fix that and correct all numbers in the video XD Next time I will try to provide more details :)

I can only imagine the work goes into these types of videos, so thank you for taking the time to put it together!

...I've seen Mandalic Stab listed as 1.75 modifier for attack, but in spreadsheets I've seen it as 1.66. Specifically under 'Other Lists', cell M95...

Which is it?! I need answers!! :P

On another note, why does Mandau / Mercy Stroke seemingly benefit so much from Gleti gear compared to the other daggers / WS? Rudra's / Mandalic will have higher effective FTP, Rudra's has the same mod % just DEX vs STR. Trying to make sense of the numbers. I would think Twashtar / Vajra would benefit just as much from the Gleti gear as Mandau, but obviously that isn't the case.

[Edit]
The more I play with the spreadsheet using end game content targets (Omen / Ambu VD / Dynamis / etc.) the more I see that Mandau R15 is right up there, even without Gleti...So maybe it's less Mandau / Mercy Stroke benefitting greatly from Gleti, but that Mandau is actually a good weapon (at R15) granted you can't take advantage of Twashtar + Cento.
By SimonSes 2021-02-23 11:00:30  
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Simon can you go into a little more detail on the Phyrric numbers you have using Gleti's? I am considering buying the set and dusting off my Terps DNC after seeing this video.

What set were you using? I am assuming something like:

ItemSet 378249
?

I was looking in the spreadsheet you linked but 1) i am a total noob when it comes to those spreadsheets and how they work and 2) I didn't see any PK specific stuff in there...semeed like it was only set up for Evisceration/Rudra.

I added set in "Storage" sub sheet in the link, but its the same as you are guessing but with Regal ring instead of Epona's and Twashtar offhand.
By SimonSes 2021-02-23 11:15:36  
Which is it?! I need answers!! :P

75%. I fixed sheet, thx :P

On another note, why does Mandau / Mercy Stroke seemingly benefit so much from Gleti gear compared to the other daggers / WS? Rudra's / Mandalic will have higher effective FTP, Rudra's has the same mod % just DEX vs STR. Trying to make sense of the numbers. I would think Twashtar / Vajra would benefit just as much from the Gleti gear as Mandau, but obviously that isn't the case.

Mostly because full Gleti's has +10STR in comparison to old bis Mercy Stroke equip on top of PDL, but it has -53DEX in comparison to bis Rudra's equip. Also Mercy has lower fTP, so WSD has less impact (and you drop 29%WSD going to full Gleti's).
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2021-02-23 12:13:46  
Ah makes sense! Looks like you are using lustratio path D feet still as well with the rest of the armor slots being Gleti’s.

You mentioned in the video that there is a way to cap attack in a lot of situations for DNC and only trust buffs - curious to know what this is. /WAR Sylvie grape daifuku qultada?
By SimonSes 2021-02-23 12:37:11  
Ah makes sense! Looks like you are using lustratio path D feet still as well with the rest of the armor slots being Gleti’s.

Like I mentioned in the video you can use Gleti's feet too. It's only 1% drop in DPS and PK damage, but the survivability boost is huge.

You mentioned in the video that there is a way to cap attack in a lot of situations for DNC and only trust buffs - curious to know what this is. /WAR Sylvie grape daifuku qultada?

Just wait max 2 days please :P
[+]
By eliroo 2021-02-23 12:43:57  

Box Step aswell, but you would maybe need another source of defense down on the enemy maybe there is a trust that uses defense down WS.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-23 13:06:31  

yeah but who cares what THF parses if not wearing TH gear? ;)
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2021-02-23 13:15:47  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

yeah but who cares what THF parses if not wearing TH gear? ;)

Quendi is offended.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-02-23 13:19:35  
I think the fact that you have 175 str from food is really messing with your mandau results
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-23 13:23:11  
I think the fact that you have 175 str from food is really messing with your mandau results

wow you are SOOOO *** right.... That is what you get when you dont make calculation all by yourself....

Im sooooo sorry. I will redo that video....

Thx a lot Austar.

Im so saaad right now :/ So much work and checking and I have missed such stupid thing :C
By Veydal1 2021-02-23 13:32:03  

wow you are SOOOO *** right.... That is what you get when you dont make calculation all by yourself....

Thx a lot Austar.

Im so saaad right now :/ So much work and checking and I have missed such stupid thing :C

Oh...that explains a lot lol. Where do you see 175 STR being added for food? I see 175 as the HP cap for Carbonara (the default food on the spreadsheet), but not STR. Is it pulling the HP Cap cell as the value for STR in a formula somewhere else to calculate benefits from food effects?

I was wondering why Carbonara was so much better than everything else.

[Edit]
Ah, I see it. Cell C3 on the Data sheet.
By SimonSes 2021-02-23 13:35:24  

Thx a lot Austar.

Oh...that explains a lot lol. Where do you see 175 STR being added for food? I see 175 as the HP cap for Carbonara (the default food on the spreadsheet), but not STR. Is it pulling the HP Cap cell as the value for STR in a formula somewhere else to calculate benefits from food effects?

[Edit]
Ah, I see it. Cell C3 on the Data sheet.

Someone edited the formula to search for stat wrong and I havent noticed that. I am really sorry ; ; and really ashamed :/
By Veydal1 2021-02-23 13:40:57  
Man, don't sweat it. That stuff is bound to happen. For every iteration of any THF spreadsheets, I've always noticed the attack modifier being off for Mandalic. There's just so much info in these spreadsheets, there's bound to be minor mixups :) That's why I've been hounding with questions and thinking out loud when reviewing results like these lol.

Helps to have extra eyes on these things!

Regardless, content for the community in the form of these vids is great for everyone. It starts much needed conversations and allows for good discussions around fully understanding a job and the implication new gear has on it. So thank you again for that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-02-23 14:34:03  
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-23 15:33:04  
Reuploaded without Mandau part and with fixed DPS numbers. I fixed food cells in sheet too. Once again Im really sorry.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-24 09:28:11  

Just wait max 2 days please :P

Check DNC thread :)
By shastax 2021-03-14 11:50:01  

Simon, I copied your spreadsheet and set up both set 1 and set 2 exactly the same but I'm getting different DPS numbers. This problem is stemming from the "Weaponskills" tab where the two "Avg Dmg" calculations are coming up with different numbers. Is this intentional? I feel like it might be a bug.
First Page 2