SCH Hud Addon

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH Hud Addon
SCH Hud Addon
By neonrage 2021-01-28 19:42:26  
Taking inspiration from Kwech and their DNC hud addon. I took a stab at making one for SCH.

It shows the current arts (purple for dark and white for light) as well as transparent when no arts are active. If you have Addendum White or Black active, the outside of the book also glows the corresponding color.

On the left page you see your current number of stratagems and the right page shows the countdown to the next stratagem refresh.

I am still in the testing phase, and would like any suggestions/feedback prior to releasing this for other Scholars to use!

Addendum White:

Light Arts:

Dark Arts:

Addendum Black:

No Arts:
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2021-01-28 20:35:38  
Don't mind if I do... Kudos.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kwech
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-01-28 21:24:21  
Hey! I had started working on a SCH one too but like yours better!
By neonrage 2021-01-28 21:34:30  
Bahamut.Kwech said: »

So sorry! It had been quite some time since you released the DNC one and you inspired me! Were there any other features you were thinking would be valuable?
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-01-28 23:59:55  
The glow from the addendum is too subtle. Perhaps add some low opacity scripture to the pages too so it pops a little bit more?
By neonrage 2021-01-29 12:43:49  
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
The glow from the addendum is too subtle. Perhaps add some low opacity scripture to the pages too so it pops a little bit more?

I agree, the glow was not pronounced enough. I also tried adding a latin poem to the book!

[+]
 Bahamut.Kwech
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-01-29 15:58:48  
neonrage said: »
Bahamut.Kwech said: »

So sorry! It had been quite some time since you released the DNC one and you inspired me! Were there any other features you were thinking would be valuable?

Nope you covered the features I was considering =]
By neonrage 2021-01-31 20:06:41  
I have uploaded the addon here. Feel free to test it out and report any issues.

https://github.com/neon-rage/sch-hud
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [322 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Yottaxa
サーバ: Asura
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2021-12-20 07:31:32  
Hey I just checked this out - I really like this. I made a bunch of tweeks but they way you set it up made it really easy. (I cut the whole size in half, but kept the full size fonts. Also I play on a TV so I made that white boarder for LA a nice bright yellow) Thanks! Working good so far.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
By llAKs0nll 2022-02-08 00:06:58  
Downloaded such recently but I don’t use Gearswap.

I use Equipsets instead so tried……

lua load SCH-hud in Settings innit file.

Works fine if I log in on SCH but spams nonstop FAILED to Load messages nonstop if I login on any other Job forcing me to change to SCH.

Any way to work around such w/o being forced to use Gearswap?
 Asura.Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-02-08 03:41:32  
llAKs0nll said: »
Downloaded such recently but I don’t use Gearswap.

I use Equipsets instead so tried……

lua load SCH-hud in Settings innit file.

Works fine if I log in on SCH but spams nonstop FAILED to Load messages nonstop if I login on any other Job forcing me to change to SCH.

Any way to work around such w/o being forced to use Gearswap?

Im not the OP / author here but:

Im not at my pc atm to test, but I think its using buffactive which is specific to gearswap?? (or I think at least thats what the literature suggests?)

If thats the case you dont have to actually *use* gearswap, it just has to be installed/loaded. I think you can have a dummy txt file with just get_sets() in it named sch.lua in your gearswap data dir. (Or possibly even just no file and the addon loaded?)

Edit : Oh nvm I should have read better: its not triggering
“lua u sch-hud” on a job change properly?

You could just manually issue the unload, “//lua u sch-hud” not quite sure why its not? Hmmm.
By HDXylophone 2022-02-08 13:08:19  
Oooh, this is nice! But I'm more interested in what addon you have that displays your buffs above XIVbar? I looked and couldn't find anything like it, but I'd love to move my own buffs to a more visible location!
By llAKs0nll 2022-02-08 23:59:06  
Asura.Yottaxa said: »
Edit : Oh nvm I should have read better: its not triggering
“lua u sch-hud” on a job change properly?

You could just manually issue the unload, “//lua u sch-hud” not quite sure why its not? Hmmm.
It’s actually easier just to swap to SCH off of w/e to cease the “Failed to Load SCH-hud” spam but I was hoping maybe typing something else other than “lua load SCH-hud” into innit would remedy such. I only added such text since that is the norm when adding each new Addon.

It is Unloading after changing Jobs. I have to force such to Load upon swapping back to SCH but placed in macro. The problem is when 1st logging in.
 Asura.Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-02-09 16:02:53  
You could take it out of the init file, and then just have a dummy blank sch.lua gearswap file, with something like this in it? (its what I have in my sch gearswap)

windower.send_command('input //lua load SCH-hud')

yeah or just manually load it from command line.
By llAKs0nll 2022-02-25 00:16:55  
After last Update the countdown timer on Stratagems now renders in decimals. Not exactly sure How to Fix such tbh. Any suggestions?
 Asura.Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-02-25 01:56:45  
After last Update the countdown timer on Stratagems now renders in decimals. Not exactly sure How to Fix such tbh. Any suggestions?
I am not the OP, but I was able to fix it - there was an issue with the floating point or something. As I'm not the OP, so im not sure if I can repost the whole file. (I've modified it a bit for personal tastes), But here is how I fixed it: (Hopefully your using notepad++ as its easy to see line numbers)
1. In the main sch-hud.lua edit the "secs" line around 180 or 181 to the following:

old:
secs = recasttemp % 60

new:
secs = math.floor(recasttemp % 60 + 0.5)

Hope this helps, let me know if this works for you.
edit: found a way easier way to do it 1 line.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2022-02-25 12:58:41  
Asura.Yottaxa said: »
I am not the OP, but I was able to fix it - there was an issue with the floating point or something. As I'm not the OP, so im not sure if I can repost the whole file. (I've modified it a bit for personal tastes), But here is how I fixed it: (Hopefully your using notepad++ as its easy to see line numbers)
1. In the main sch-hud.lua edit the "secs" line around 180 or 181 to the following:

old:
secs = recasttemp % 60

new:

Hope this helps, let me know if this works for you.
edit: found a way easier way to do it 1 line.

Thanks for this!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [157 days between previous and next post]
By neonrage 2022-08-01 17:30:37  
This should be fixed on the github. Had no clue anyone actually used this!

I took a different route and fixed it on line 101.
Code
local recast = math.floor(windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()[231])
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2022-08-01 17:37:21  
neonrage said: »
Had no clue anyone actually used this!

I don't spend much time on SCH, but I routinely load this addon when I do :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Vikter
サーバ: Odin
user: Vikter
By Odin.Vikter 2022-09-12 01:17:00  
how do i get this to load automatically when i change main job to sch? i know the bluguide one had a function like that added and i turned it off but dont remember how.

if thats a thing, how would i get it to load when im subbing sch for whm? will it work the same?
 Asura.Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-09-12 03:17:48  
Odin.Vikter said: »
how do i get this to load automatically when i change main job to sch? i know the bluguide one had a function like that added and i turned it off but dont remember how.

if thats a thing, how would i get it to load when im subbing sch for whm? will it work the same?

Add this to your existing gs with the rest of your init commands like keybinds: (The wait is optional I just prefer the delay)

windower.send_command('wait 5;input //lua load SCH')

you can then add this fucntion to unload it when you change off sch:

function file_unload(file_name)
send_command('lua unload SCH')
end

Not sure on subjob never use it as such, but would assume similar code with a check for if your using /sch in your whm gs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [250 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Tirith
user: Tirith
By Bahamut.Tirith 2023-05-20 10:34:04  
Necro Bump Detected!

Just recently got into SCH and stumbled across this thread; I get that timers essentially does the same thing, but the look/feel of SCH-hud really appeals to me.

Tried installing it and I'm getting the below error. Seems to be related to the decimal issue addressed earlier, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand how to fix it.

sch-hud/sch-hud.lua:101: bad argument #1 to 'floor' (number expected, got nil)

Any assistance for the uneducated is much appreciated :)
By Seun 2023-05-20 10:50:02  
Bahamut.Tirith said: »
Tried installing it and I'm getting the below error. Seems to be related to the decimal issue addressed earlier, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand how to fix it.

Open the SCH-hud lua in an editor and make sure that you have the new line instead of the old.

Asura.Yottaxa said:
old:
secs = recasttemp % 60

new:
[+]
 Bahamut.Tirith
user: Tirith
By Bahamut.Tirith 2023-05-20 11:52:41  
You're a rockstar, thanks again!
By Seun 2023-05-20 15:09:14  
Credit to Asura.Yottaxa for the fix here. Just quoted it to pull it out of the middle of the page. Glad it worked for you!
By neonrage 2023-05-20 15:18:24  
Updated Git. For whatever reason, the previous update below that worked for me, doesn't appear to fix it for everyone.
Code
local recast = math.floor(windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()[231])
[+]
By Seun 2023-05-20 16:35:09  
Thank you and thanks again for the addon. Super useful!