Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 47 48 49
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-11-12 09:41:42  
Pantafernando said: »
Imo this information should be private to prevent prejudices.

After all, this number means nothing atm, but its can be used in a bad way

Visibility already seems fairly limited. To me, they could stand to greatly expand it, but also make it more transparent. Creating more of an in-game achievement system, as it were, wouldn't be a bad thing as it'd give people something to do.

Main problem so far is probably tying it to the Mentor system, since the requirements for that (and for new/returning players to outgrow it) are still pathetically low.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-12 09:41:48  
Would anyone give a ***if it weren't advertised publicly?

Seems to me that advertised E-Peen has a bunch of you scrambling to be max rank. And you'll go back and do whatever it takes to get the next rank up.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-12 09:43:05  
nah, i don't think anyone cares enough for prejudice

we are all just so starved for something new and interesting that we will even glom on to a number that means nothing just to figure out how to max it out along with the rest of our meaningless numbers attached to our characters
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-12 09:45:11  
"Easy Ambuscade rank 7 Mentors only"

Cause you know, REMA was the only identifiable metric for "are you good" ...now, you have a literal score. Prepare your anus.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-12 09:57:05  
Honestly, right now barely anyone cares about it at all.

If it becomes more popular for some reason then mute wars will be a thing and people will scramble to 7 on mains and alts to do it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2020-11-12 10:02:08  
Im mastery rank 7
RoE: 1009
Deeds: 800

Quests
Sandoria: 69
Bastok: 72
Windurst: 72
Jeuno: 117
Other Areas: 68
Outlands: 38
Aht Urhgan: 52
Crystal War: 75
Abyssea: 162
Adoulin: 99
Coalition: 90
----
Total: 914
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-12 11:08:32  
Well that gets rid of my total quest theory! Oh well
 Asura.Ragnarky
user: Ragnark
By Asura.Ragnarky 2020-11-12 14:03:52  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Did you do master trials? (granted that other people posted they have rank 7 without them)
Killed Pandemonium Warden?
Are you missing any vorseal?
Did you complete all 3 mini-expansion storylines?

never done master trials
killed PW
missing 25 vorseals (from DI)
completed all 3 mini-expansion storylines
roe's complete: 1027

quests completed:
san d'oria: 38
bastok: 55
windurst: 52
jeuno: 123
other areas: 64
outlands: 35
aht urhgan: 44
crystal war: 81
abyssea: 164
adoulin: 97
coalition:90
total quests completed: 843
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-12 22:17:01  
Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XI Updated (Nov. 12, 13)

A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI at the following time.

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below. After the following time, the update will automatically begin after you press the "Play" button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

[Date & Time]
Nov. 12, 2020 7:03 p.m. (PST)
Nov. 13, 2020 3:03 a.m. (GMT)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
The following issues were addressed.
- For the quest "Kupipi's Dilemma", some of the text displays in Japanese.
- When a mentor chats in the English assist channel (/assiste or /ae), the icons in the speaker's log are incorrectly displayed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-12 22:53:50  
Eiryl was being halfway sarcastic but because too many players crave attention, capping mentor mastery rank Will morph into the new endgame. It starts out as jokes then PUGs don't want scrubs, so they need something tangible to use as vetting. Doesn't matter if it's a meaningless number. You all will attribute meaning to it soon enough. This is going to be fun to watch.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-12 22:59:11  
I wish it was sarcasm. It's getting harder and harder to joke sarcastically when things are so painfully obvious.

It's just such a gimme. Didn't even have to put any thought into it, it's not even low hanging fruit, it's fruit salad.

If you get ahead of it and meme it hard enough, there's always the chance it won't happen just for spite though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2020-11-12 23:37:05  
Can provide another data point for being Rank 7 without any Master Trials and while missing Vorseals.

I have completed:
- All missions except Voracious Resurgence
- All but 1 true quest
- All RoEs (incl. Odyssey, Tumult Curator, Vagary/Omen NMs)
- All bosses in Divergence
- All fame maxed
- All jobs 99 (some but not all mastered)
- At least one of each class of ultimate weapon

I'm still missing:
- Voracious Resurgence
- 1 quest
- Master Trials
- Lots of ultimate weapons
- A few Vorseals
- A few Atma
- Many Campaign Ops and Resistance Ops

Unless TVR is preventing another rank I'd be kind of surprised if anything higher than 7 exists.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-13 01:46:27  
Maybe they set rank 10 to be achieved with future content.

Or are they hinting they plan to add more like 40% of current content till, idk, 2022?
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-13 02:37:59  
Obv need MM45 in Ody for higher ranks.

(I don't know)
By RadialArcana 2020-11-13 03:10:55  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Eiryl was being halfway sarcastic but because too many players crave attention, capping mentor mastery rank Will morph into the new endgame. It starts out as jokes then PUGs don't want scrubs, so they need something tangible to use as vetting. Doesn't matter if it's a meaningless number. You all will attribute meaning to it soon enough. This is going to be fun to watch.

People wonder why "elitism" in pugs happen on FFXI?

The best players don't join pugs at all, they do everything with their shell. So it's not elitism, it's fear.

FFXI has and always has had a very blatant problem, your reputation is still very important. This is why so few make groups. People are afraid of getting a bad rep. If you make the group, you own the success and failure of that group.

When you make a PUG group on FFXI, you have to know everything about that fight, you have to tell everyone what to do, you have to get any replacements if anyone has to go. If this group you make fails, and people leave you will find it far harder to get people to join any pug you ever make again after that. You get a reputation as making "bad" groups and this can destroy your ability to make a group again. There are people that have been forced to change name after making too many bad groups. So of course people ask for things that they think will make it less likely the group will fail.

95% of FFXI players will never make a group, they will sit there all day and wait for a /yell and complain nobody is making groups because it sucks so bad to do so. These same people will judge you if you don't make a good enough group.

Making a group on FFXI sucks so bad due to the things I pointed out above it's actually less stressful to make 5 alts and struggle to do it that way...or just solo with trusts.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-13 03:13:16  
I would bet that mastery rank is heavily linked to deeds completed.
By Taint 2020-11-13 05:42:34  
RadialArcana said: »
I would bet that mastery rank is heavily linked to deeds completed.

I can report back later I’m 780/800 deeds and rank 6.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-13 07:47:45  
I was rank 7 at 760 already
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-13 08:40:09  
Yeah I'm capped on deeds even for this month and I'm only rank 6
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-13 10:14:26  
RadialArcana said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

People wonder why "elitism" in pugs happen on FFXI?

The best players don't join pugs at all, they do everything with their shell. So it's not elitism, it's fear.

FFXI has and always has had a very blatant problem, your reputation is still very important. This is why so few make groups. People are afraid of getting a bad rep. If you make the group, you own the success and failure of that group.

When you make a PUG group on FFXI, you have to know everything about that fight, you have to tell everyone what to do, you have to get any replacements if anyone has to go. If this group you make fails, and people leave you will find it far harder to get people to join any pug you ever make again after that. You get a reputation as making "bad" groups and this can destroy your ability to make a group again. There are people that have been forced to change name after making too many bad groups. So of course people ask for things that they think will make it less likely the group will fail.

95% of FFXI players will never make a group, they will sit there all day and wait for a /yell and complain nobody is making groups because it sucks so bad to do so. These same people will judge you if you don't make a good enough group.

Making a group on FFXI sucks so bad due to the things I pointed out above it's actually less stressful to make 5 alts and struggle to do it that way...or just solo with trusts.

Wut
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-13 10:21:51  
Wait, what is the point in this system again?

Did...SE really make a e-peen stroking system?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-13 10:32:06  
They did indeed. Can't even pretend it has any other purpose. The idea of ranked "help" is straight up HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2020-11-13 11:17:48  
you're all wrong it accesses your webcam and rates how attractive you are
By RadialArcana 2020-11-13 11:46:45  
You can't get rank 7 unless you buy those useless mini expansions from 10 years ago!
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2020-11-13 12:31:21  
I just went from 5 to 6 by passing 500RoE quests.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-11-13 12:35:43  
what’s this? I’m rank 5? I wanna talk with the manager!
By Pantafernando 2020-11-13 12:50:50  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Wait, what is the point in this system again?

Did...SE really make a e-peen stroking system?

Its not a bad idea having an “achievement” like measure, it gives you a reason to do those old contents.

Though it artificially create some task to keep player busy. A cheap mov3 imo. Still valid, though
By RadialArcana 2020-11-13 13:14:27  
It's actually one of the best things in the update, I just wish they had made it more complex instead of it seemingly just being missions, quests and RoE. If they had any sense they would add a lot more stuff like REMA and take it to 10. I actually have an urge to go do more RoE and quests just to raise it and I'm actually pretty lazy, so hardcore driven players are probably already doing it.

They have this on Warframe and I played that game well beyond the point of having all the stuff I wanted just to level my MR level up.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

They could even add Maat type solo fights every rank up past 7 with him on different jobs, if they had sense but they are probably too lazy to do that.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-13 13:27:44  
Two major problems of the mastery rank concept is its obscure criteria and too large gap.

Probably you need something like completing 2 or 3 entire storylines plus a couple of endgame to receive 1 rank.

If youre like most rank 6, what should be where the belly in the bell curve is, you just dont know what to do progress unless tackling every single thing.

The could make smaller steps with more clear objectives.

Still, the update itself was released in a rush, given how many obvious errors appeared. Maybe next updates they will give more information how to specifically improve your rank.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-13 13:29:08  
But its fun to figure out what the ranks are

See how much fun everyone is having trying to figure it out
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 47 48 49