言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mastery Rank Data
Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 47 48 49
By Thorgrimm 2021-05-13 09:09:14  
Who cares? This is one of the most pointless grinds in the game. I'd rather watch paint dry than to try and do every single task in the game (and probably die of old age before I could do it). And for what? For a number in your own menu to go up that other people can't even see unless you post a picture online. Absolute madness.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-13 09:14:37  
Then don't do it. No skin of anyone's sack.

They want to.
By Thorgrimm 2021-05-13 09:54:01  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Then don't do it. No skin of anyone's sack.

They want to.

Meh, it's probably just me being grumpy.

It must be hellishly boring to wade through every bit of content, in an attempt to guess if it contributes to an increased mastery score, based on an unknowable tick list created by some sadistic game developer though. I could understand if there was some sort of tangible reward, commensurate with the size of the task at hand, but there isn't.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose though.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-13 09:55:39  
Ive said it before and I'll say it again. I love the master rank grind. It feels like I'm actually getting to play the game again instead of logging in to do dyna/omen/etc and logging out again

The number is meaningless, but reaching for that higher number has shown me an actual game with years of content still exists within the terrible endgame-focused mess that everyone else is stuck in.

I've done quests and seen cutscenes I never would have otherwise, and while some of it is a bit blah, some of it is wonderful (see: the cutscene after *** quest line where you need to beat odin 11 times).

But I guess some people would rather try to ***on the enjoyment of others than just try to understand.
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
サーバ: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-05-14 18:41:47  
not sure if it's duplicate info, but in case it's useful to anybody, I got from mastery 6 to mastery rank 7 after hitting one of the last "paragon of _ excellence" and about 1070 unique RoE.
It was probably just total number of quests hitting a certain threshold though. I listed some of my other stats like 20 pages ago.
 Shiva.Haldarn
サーバ: Shiva
user: Haldarn
By Shiva.Haldarn 2021-05-14 18:56:47  
With the Anniversary event coming up, the Moogle will let us know a ton of character statistics. I wonder if those have any bearing.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-14 19:27:17  
Shiva.Haldarn said: »
With the Anniversary event coming up, the Moogle will let us know a ton of character statistics. I wonder if those have any bearing.

Unlikely, it's relatively figured out. Moogle doesn't really give anything of value, just number of chats kills deaths.

They COULD add useful stuff though. Titles acquired, unique quests completed, spawned nms defeated out of all known. but they choose not to care that much.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-14 22:27:13  
Here's a fun(see: stupid) thing I hadn't thought to do. Gotta complete the naming game quest to name the CoP airship 10 times minimum because it unlocks new names to use! hurray!
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-16 09:33:18  
Fish ranking titles finished! Stupid things. And yes, I cheated and fished up a bunch of fish and had friends trade in some too to fix the rankings for the tricky titles in second/third place, lol

that puts me at 975 titles! Still progressing
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-16 09:36:34  
<Good Job!>
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-16 09:37:42  
(|Thank you.|) (|meat|) (|man|)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-18 08:25:33  
Someone who has an uncle at SE tell them to release all the slime/spriggan monstrosity species in a different way now. I only have the base ones because I wasn't playing when they released the red/metal slime and the other two spriggans ;;... The completionist in me is dying out of shame
 Bismarck.Rosalee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-05-20 19:45:45  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Someone who has an uncle at SE tell them to release all the slime/spriggan monstrosity species in a different way now. I only have the base ones because I wasn't playing when they released the red/metal slime and the other two spriggans ;;... The completionist in me is dying out of shame

On that note, tell them to re-release the mount sheet music for the Orchestrion too--I was on hiatus when that went down. T_T
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-20 19:52:56  
Oh jeez, I have like next to no sheet music for that thing. I only even got the thing like a month ago :x
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-21 21:11:49  
Does anyone know if any of the JP resources have concise information on how to unlock all campaign ops? All of the NA resources are just heresay or "well yeah just do a bunch of campaign ops and stuff should unlock"

also 980 titles! so close and yet so far
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-22 10:33:18  
and OOHHH shittttt

Just checked after title 980!

I've been doing a lot of monstrosity leveling and species unlocking lately since exp campaign is on, so I'm going to assume I got a lot of points from that and it wasn't the 980th title directly ranking me up, lol. Title 980 was buying the smithy mitts, so not something specific. 979 was vd divine might.

I'll make the post after this be the updated checklist for my rank 8 update
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-22 10:33:24  
Rank 8:
-All Missions/addons complete
-Crafts capped (110 gold w/ escutcheon; ebisu+1/lu+1)
-All jobs mastered
-1075/1075 records of eminence
-Adoulin ring+1/Ygnas
-All Monster Rearing KIs
-Maat's Cap
-Level 99 Adventuring fellow
-All spells, trusts, mounts
-All skills capped
-Gold Mentor Flag
-12 REMA (1 relic, 3 mythics, 2 empy, 2 ergon, 4 aeonic)
-Max Fame everywhere
-Homepoints, Outposts, Survival Guide, Waypoints, Etc: Have All
-Vorseals: Missing 2 HP, 6 regen, 6 refresh, 3 acc++
-Abyssea complete/Atma of the Savior
-Monstrosity: A few 99s, currently unlocking all species
-Campaign Ops: 41/way too many (fiat lux(s/b/w), splitting heirs, plucking wings, cracking shells complete)
-Chocobo Digging: Amateur (only dug 30 items for RoE)
-Voidwatch complete; all periapts/atmacites LVL 15
-All dyna-d full cleared/judge,jury,executioner
-Master trial: 2/4 complete
-145/145 Atma
-65/65 Abyssites
-Incomplete Quests: Sandy, Aht Urhgan, Crystal War, Abyssea (resistance ops)
-980/1074~ titles
-1006+ days playtime

To do: chocobo racing (2 titles left), 985 titles, guild point item titles (11 left without lowering goldsmithing), incursion level to 133+, maze mongers clears/all maze runes (currently 50 completions), get all vorseals, unlock all monstrosity species, NM titles (2 left), Battlefield titles (4 left), complete all quests

See y'all at rank 9
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2021-05-22 15:07:46  
(All Right!) Congrats! Some extra proof rank 8 is real is the motivation I needed to keep this thing going :)
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-22 20:16:53  
Congrats! Looks like you don't need "everything" but you do need everything for Rank 8. Glad to have this information, keep up the great work.
[+]
By Manque 2021-05-23 00:48:13  
Does anyone know if any of the JP resources have concise information on how to unlock all campaign ops? All of the NA resources are just heresay or "well yeah just do a bunch of campaign ops and stuff should unlock"

Give me specific ones you're interested in and I can look around.
 Bahamut.Kroh
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kroh 2021-05-23 08:49:49  
Grats Avereith!!!

Looks like I'm just missing 9 mementos and fiat lux(b/w), plucking wings, and cracking shells. 977 titles.

Thanks for the morale boost lol
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-23 11:27:01  
Manque said: »

Give me specific ones you're interested in and I can look around.
Oh jeez... I probably have too many to give specifics. This is my list of one's that I have incomplete for windy right now. I know some of them will unlock based on conquest region control changes, but others I have noooo idea:

I have done stock & awe, material storm, crystal fist, iron anvil, and other easy ones at least 10+ times each and nothing new is unlocking

| Stock and Awe II =
| Stock and Awe III =
| Stock and Awe IV =
| Materiel Storm II =
| Materiel Storm III =
| Materiel Storm IV =
| Search and Seizure I =

| Vanguard-X II =
| Vanguard-X III =
| Vanguard-X IV =
| Crimson Domino II =
| Crimson Domino III =
| Crimson Domino IV =
| Bridge Too Far I =

| Streetsweeper II =
| Streetsweeper III =
| Delta Strike II =
| Delta Strike III =
| Steel Resolve IV =
| Hazardous Materials =

| Crystal Fist II =
| Crystal Fist III =
| Crystal Fist IV =
| Iron Anvil II =
| Iron Anvil III =
| Iron Anvil IV =

| Smokescreen I =
| Smokescreen II =
| Smokescreen III =
| Smokescreen IV =
| Pit Spider II =
| Pit Spider III =
| By Light of Fire I =
| Kinslayer: Baileys =
| Kinslayer: Keep =

| Aegis Scream V =
| Granite Rose II =
| Granite Rose III =

| Hawk Eye I =
| Hawk Eye II =
| Hawk Eye III =
| Bailey Borer =

| Brave Dawn II =
| Brave Dawn III =
| Cut and Cauterize III =

And considering I have to do all of them for every nation and not just windy, it's a real grind
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-05-23 13:30:59  
That's always been a mystery to me, there's a couple things that might influence availibility besides just doing easier Campaign Ops that come to mind like the NPC that lets you vote on the focus of the nation and those boxes you can turn in from killing NMs in the beastmen strongholds for SCNM access.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
By Shiva.Liam 2021-05-23 22:49:48  
no facts behind this, but from observation I don't think things like "10x quest I will unlock quest II". this content was designed around the back and forth between the beastmen and a large player base doing the content, without that dynamic I bet a large pool of variables are just missing with the few people that are doing campaign.

I can say for a fact that taking the northlands unlocks the tier IV quests and Bailey Borer, i'm pretty sure to unlock kinslayer:keep you have to have unlocked baileys the week before, then advance to the keep the following tally. if you unlock both the same week you only get kinslayer:baileys.

I did wonder if the voting npc thing might influence it like Indigla said, could try asking ls peeps to all vote on the same thing and see if it changes?
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-05-23 23:02:00  
Shiva.Liam said: »
no facts behind this, but from observation I don't think things like "10x quest I will unlock quest II". this content was designed around the back and forth between the beastmen and a large player base doing the content, without that dynamic I bet a large pool of variables are just missing with the few people that are doing campaign.

I can say for a fact that taking the northlands unlocks the tier IV quests and Bailey Borer, i'm pretty sure to unlock kinslayer:keep you have to have unlocked baileys the week before, then advance to the keep the following tally. if you unlock both the same week you only get kinslayer:baileys.

I did wonder if the voting npc thing might influence it like Indigla said, could try asking ls peeps to all vote on the same thing and see if it changes?

Interesting. Echoing the voting for specific strategies portion. Being max or at the very least high rank sways enough influence for certain strats. But there are definitely more factprs involved in getting certain Campaign Operations to open up.
[+]
By Manque 2021-05-24 20:34:57  
Basically, the campaign ops available depends on a large number of variables:

• Your medal rank.

• Who controls what area (Beastmen, Bastok, Sandy, Windy). Ex: Aegis Scream V requires all Northlands areas to be controlled by the nation.

• The current strategy adopted by your nation via the weekly Tactical Assessment process: see here. The higher your campaign rank, the higher your influence to change the army's tactics for the next week.

• Other completed Campaign Ops. Ex: Clear Cut & Cauterize I and II 20 times to unlock level III.

• As each 'tactic' of your army can be boosted, it is reasonable to assume that the Ops available would also vary depending on the current level of each battle strategy category (for example, it may be the case that once a tactic is capped, related Ops would become unavailable, or, certain Ops would not be shown until reaching a certain threshold in that area). Proof of these aspects being boostable is from turning in NM boxes, including funds, resources, supplies, recon, skill, production, morale, prosperity. As well as the linkages listed on FFXIclopedia between certain Ops and strategies. https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Sealed_Containers
    https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Tactical_Assessment

To chase after the Ops you have not done, you need to experiment with influencing the army's strategies to skew a specific way (may only be possible on a weekly basis and is still subject to interference from other players voting for the opposite outcomes as you are). To test this theory, I would recommend influencing the tactics to favor supply-related themes. This would theoretically trigger the availability of crafting Ops like Crystal Fist and Materiel Storm. I don't have enough time to do this, but if someone were to map which Ops are available according to the current strategy of your army and status of your army, we could nail down what is available when: Dallus-Mallus Windurst Waters (S) (G - 10); Voucheramm Southern San d'Oria (S) (J - 9); Hinric Bastok Markets (S) (F - 8).

Regarding the specific Ops listed above where more info is required, I cross-checked the JP wiki but could not find much new info. Majority of them simply state 'varies on current campaign status and army status'.

| Search and Seizure I = Requires at least 1 area to be controlled by the Beastmen in the areas of the nation you are aligned to. Will not appear unless a certain amount of Materiel Storm has been completed.
| Crimson Domino IV = Limited to Northlands. So, presumably requires control of these areas.
| Delta Strike II = Areas adjacent to capitals must be held by Altana Forces.
| Steel Resolve IV = Northlands must be controlled by Altana Forces.
| Hazardous Materials = Either Xarc or Beau need to be under Altana Forces control.
| Crystal Fist II = 21+ synth skill and certain campaign conditions
| Crystal Fist III = 41+ synth skill and certain campaign conditions
| Crystal Fist IV = 61+ synth skill and certain campaign conditions
| Iron Anvil II = 21+ synth skill and certain campaign conditions
| Iron Anvil III = 41+ synth skill and certain campaign conditions
| Iron Anvil IV = 61+ synth skill and certain campaign conditions
| Smokescreen I = Will not appear for countries which do not have any of their areas controlled by beastmen.
| By Light of Fire I = Won’t appear unless Pit Spider has been done ‘to a certain extent’.
| Kinslayer: Baileys = Receivable when all Northland areas are under control by Altana forces.
| Kinslayer: Keep = Receivable when all Northland areas are under control by Altana forces.
| Aegis Scream V = V requires the Northlands areas to be under control by Altana forces to accept this.
| Hawk Eye I = Will not appear for countries which do not have any of their areas controlled by beastmen.
| Bailey Borer = Presumably, as the objective is to destroy a Fortalice, the nation where you accept the Ops must have control over one of those Northlands areas.
| Cut and Cauterize III = Clear C&C I and II 20 times (not clear if this is ‘in total’ or each)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-24 22:08:49  
That is amazing info! Thank you so much!

I will definitely be using all of this and adding to it as I discover more

To be honest, I never even found that tactical assessment page when I was looking through ffxiclopedia, so that alone is very helpful

I'll definitely have to organize a northlands takeover, and then swap nations/raise rank/do ops/repeat the following week to do as many of the northlands specific ones as I can for each nation

The tricky part is finding out how I'm going to sabotage nations to let the beastmen take over areas, lol... Generally they all do pretty well on their own without anyone playing even
 Bahamut.Kroh
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kroh 2021-05-25 22:44:32  
Ok so I got something.

I unfortunately though have no idea what upgraded me. I did 3 Omens, and I had rank 7 sometime during that. Then I did the following (in order):

1. Upgraded AF from +1 to +3 with speedy option
2. Made an Incanter's Torque for someone
3. Traded items to unlock a species in Monstrosity
4. Did my mog garden dailies, but did not reach any meaningful milestones as far as I can tell (e.g., no title)

I still have my dyna clear title from last night.

Thanks for all the great info and thank you Leo, Aleka, and everyone else who put way too much time into this with me. Now buckle up because it's time for rank 9.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-26 08:34:28  
Yay! Congrats
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-30 16:38:55  
A weekend of grinding campaign ops progress:

Still kind of upset how silly the unlock process on most of these seems, but for now I think I'm done (and will come back to ops when a northlands takeover happens or something)
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 47 48 49