フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mastery Rank Data
Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 47 48 49
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-27 18:14:56  
Ah, fact indeed. Two characters would make it twice as fast.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-27 19:50:36  
Actually I thought of a new grindy one to work on. extremely discerning individual.

Does anyone have experience with this title? Is it really "do the airship quest with EVERY single model in the game" like ffxiclopedia says? or is there a set amount of models available for the quest in general? Because 128 different character models and having to rely on that popping up randomly seems kiiind of hard to stomach
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-27 20:02:19  
I started it, but I don't think it's all that bad.

I'm pretty sure it's either not that, or it won't repeat on the way.

There's only 40~ models, it's not small medium large.

Cats on my lap so can't really look into it until turdball moves.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-27 20:11:54  
It should be 5x, 20x and not totally sure on the last one.

Saw maybe just 20+ maybe 50, up to 100, but never got around to verifying it.

(JP wiki says 100)Not character models just 100 completions.

....they even have a list of who rides on what day of the week to avoid tarutaru.
Quote:
Fire is fume ♂, Earth is fume ♀, Water is Eruvan ♂, wind day of the week is Eruvan ♀, ice day of the week is tartar ♂, thunder day of the weekThe tartar ♀, light day of the week is Mithra , darkness day of the week is Garuka become.
Tartar is difficult to understand due to its small equipment for both hands , legs, and feet , and is more difficult than other races . If you are not sure how to distinguish tartar , you should avoid ice and thunder .
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-27 20:21:53  
well 100 completions shouldnt be bad ill try for that at some point. and i'm already keeping a mini list of race/faces ive seen

ill keep you informed
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-27 20:23:29  
I was gonna do that, and then I hit 5 mithra in a row (apparently, because only mithra can ride on lights day) and then decided I didn't care enough to keep going haha.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2021-02-27 22:45:04  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Actually I thought of a new grindy one to work on. extremely discerning individual.

Does anyone have experience with this title? Is it really "do the airship quest with EVERY single model in the game" like ffxiclopedia says? or is there a set amount of models available for the quest in general? Because 128 different character models and having to rely on that popping up randomly seems kiiind of hard to stomach

That's not true, it's just "do the airship quest X number of times". OFC, I ended up doing it back when airship travel was still the best way to get from city A to Jeuno and back again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-27 22:49:19  
Good to confirm, thanks!
By yarnox 2021-02-27 23:30:41  
Just dropping a note here, good job y'all who have tested this system.

This is an example of how we don't accept system ambiguities that are not explained and if they are not explained, we figure them out for our benefit.

Good work.
[+]
 Valefor.Kriz
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2021-03-02 15:30:22  
Another report in for hitting 800 titles pushing me to Rank 7.

Way under other counts of other items, such as ROE (at 784), REMA (a lot of Aeonic, some relic, but no Emp/Mythics), only 2/4 DynaD boss kills vs. unlocks, but of course balanced with some overkill such as all jobs mastered- though that is +22 titles, Ebisu/LuShang+1, all missions minus the new storyline.

For me, I got my rank up doing Ark Angel VD fight clears for titles. I used the spreadsheet linked earlier, and hit 800 based on my count of checked Yes (and eleven titles marked as Yes I couldn't find in NPC - Apocalypse Nigh {might be missing cause I reset quest but didn't finish again}, WOTG Champion of the Dawn {not sure why it's not on the title npc}, and the Abyssea clear titles {Vision, Friend, etc. of Abyssea}).

On to the march to Rank 8!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-02 15:44:17  
congrats! I'm at 896 now myself. Come so far but still so far to go, ha.

edit: 900~! Still gonna wait on an update post till I hit rank 8 eventually. Counted and 957-965 titles is real doable. Anything that past that is trasssssh to get
By RadialArcana 2021-03-02 19:15:15  
So you figured out rank ups are purely based on titles?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-02 19:35:39  
Not "purely" but they're the best indicator.

The tl:dr 27 pages is "points" number of titles is the single best indicator of how to rank (obviously). Anything you do that would count for "points" gives a title, too, so, that's the system.

The only thing unknown is how many points an objective is worth, and unreasonable to quantify. Totally possible, just unreasonable.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2021-03-03 11:45:35  

When this becomes the exciting part of the version update announcement
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-05 16:27:49  
Another one bites the dusttt:

902 titles and lots of easy ones on the way to get
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-05 17:42:35  
gotta read the testimonial ki
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-06 11:59:28  
I see ancient did what I was doing, only more dedicated and turned his flag silver.

So it does exist.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-07 15:57:50  
I'm gonna do the flag upvote thing for a month just to check. made three new characters since can only get 3 upvotes a day according to SE

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-07 16:04:43  
It's a big investment lol, remember you have to make them mentors to give thumbs up.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-07 16:13:27  
Already did it and don't need to. Can just log in right away and I think new characters have 48 hours irl time to use the assist channel. Didn't even need to talk to Aman liason or start records of eminence. Can just /ae and start talkin and upvoting my main character with /mentor on

Got in my three up votes on my main character today already. I should have made a fourth and tested if three was really the limit. I just read it was on wiki.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-07 16:47:17  
I guess I didn't think of that, brand new could upvote... didn't try lol. would've gotten my silver and gold if I realized.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-07 19:01:11  
Just an update, you do NOT get both titles unlocked at the npc when completing the trion bride quest. I just completed it on the side that finds the bride, and the other title "consort candidate" is not at the npc, so that title is 100% only obtainable by female characters on the bride side of the quest (my mithra character on alt account has it now). That's the first example of a missable title I can think of (by having a male character). Well, aside from the ballista royal 2 titles that you can't get unless you were a server or super finalist :/

Also of interest with that quest is he won't ask for your own race of character while resetting the quest to find someone, so anyone that wants to grind out these two titles, make sure you are doing it with an alt of a different race than yourself

Edit: The above might not be true, it might just be that certain models of character can only get certain other models as requests? Looking more into this, but I seem to be repeating the exact same long pattern of requests when resetting on my mithra trying to get my main characters model to show up

and when you got the random bard titles, I can't remember, did you get more than one from the same bard? I just got insignificant adventurer for the second time, and I got it from the sandy bard that I think was the one that gave it to me before. I guess I was wondering if each of the titles came from specific bard. I also have odorous adventurer. One or the other came from the sandy or bastok bard, as I got a title from each of them up to now. If they were specific to a certain bard it would be a nice piece of info on getting these faster
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-07 22:23:51  
I got 3/4 from the Adoulin Bard.

It seems to really be just random, the smaller the pool to pull from the higher the chance.

Which bard is the best bard for random titles? The smallest pool to pull from possibly Rabao.
 Shiva.Znitch
サーバ: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2021-03-07 22:52:51  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Edit: The above might not be true, it might just be that certain models of character can only get certain other models as requests? Looking more into this, but I seem to be repeating the exact same long pattern of requests when resetting on my mithra trying to get my main characters model to show up

This happened to me on my Mithra character too, the same 8-10 race/face/hair combos over and over and over, at least during the same (Earth) day. I ended up just running another character's mule with the matching description through missions so she could enter the Chateau.

Also, I was noticing the speculation that the Matchmaker title comes from completing the quest as both candidate and quester - got both the initial titles on my Mithra but not this one, so it's attributed to something else.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-07 23:02:13  
yeah here's the pattern on my mithra (face 4b). The same 16 and then it loops back to the beginning without a change:

Taru – blue white hair three braids cut straight across forehead
Hume – long black hair brushed over to left
Taru – blue hair parted in front tied back in ponytail
Hume – brown hair hides the eyebrows and in ponytail
Elvaan – shoulder length silver brushed back from the face
Taru – blonde hair two pigtails
Taru – voluminous green hair parted in two tied back behind ears
Hume – short black hair brushed over neatly to the right
Taru – blue white hair three braids cut straight across forehead (repeat)
Taru – red hair two pigtails
Taru – blue hair parted in front tied back in ponytail (repeat)
Elvaan – black hair braided behind left ear
Elvaan – pinned up braided black hair
Elvaan – pinned up braided silver hair
Elvaan – silver hair braided behind left ear
Hume – short black hair brushed over neatly to the right (repeat)

I tried zoning, logging out. Did not try shutting down, will try again tomorrow if the pattern changes after jp midnight. If not, gonna say it's based on face or a seed determined by your characters name or something goofy.

Just wish my character was in that loop ;;
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-08 13:32:21  
pattern is the exact same after jp midnight, so gonna assume it's just a straight 16 offers for each character. This sucks, I don't want to get another character chateau access to test, ugh.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-10 19:13:15  
Fit for a price (trion bride quest): 16 offers then loop confirmed. had a ls mate try to help and it looped after 16. I don't know yet if it may reset the offers after sunday reset or w/e, so I'll confirm that it stays the same on my mithra next week

This info isn't anywhere online so yay I figured out something completely useless
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-14 22:26:34  
920 titles. Hoping to see a rank 8 within the next 20

Akso got my first chocobo racing title! Still many,many days away from stats good enough to get more of them
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-16 19:31:38  

Don't know how many upvotes that took, but I'm gonna say between 30 and 50. If 50, gold probably 100

It also didn't happen instantly, probably like mastery rank where I had to zone first, either that or after jp midnight. I didn't check that well
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-16 19:48:42  
Well it's only been 9 days with 3 thumbs a day. Unless you started prior to saying you were starting it.

But grats on being probably the 2nd person ever to get silver and pre grats on the actual first gold.

Ancient was in a being muted war so he may or may not be selfthumbing anymore and there's no other silvers I've seen.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 47 48 49