言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Mastery Rank Data
Mastery Rank Data
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 48 49 50
By Manque 2021-02-01 00:39:51  
I think if the titles came from Lucky Roll, it would have been discovered and recorded by now. I still think chocobo racing or unimplemented, but please give Repat and Mileon my regards.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-01 01:07:56  
maybe they added random titles for rolling 777 and 999 with /random and no one evvvver noticed ;D
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-01 01:37:41  
don't know if anyone noticed, but the official forum community representative posted an official EN translation of the JP response towards mastery rank

Greetings,
The following is the extent of the information we can share regarding Mastery Rank.

Accumulated playtime
Mission progress
Number of completed quests
Combat and magic skills
Synthesis and fishing skills
Number of Trusts obtained
Battle content (Such as Dynamis, Nyzul Isle, Moblin Maze Mongers, Otherworldly Skirmishes, Omen, etc.)
Non-battle content (Such as Chocobo Racing, Mog Garden, unlocking Warps, etc.)

Titles almost always correlate with content completion; titles obtained upon completing content are tied to Mastery Rank.

One example is the Expeditionary Trooper title that is obtained upon completing Expeditionary Force.

There are many elements that are tied to Mastery Rank, so please try out various things in Vana’diel.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-01 07:36:07  
Yeah it's just a copy+paste nothing new or of consequence

The thing about wording and translation is everything. One could easily depending on how you look at it see that the comment says "it's titles" which is obvious. But in typical fashion it doesn't fully compute. Because it's so damn vague.

Depending on how you look at it; you don't beat VW... you get a title. You don't beat abyssea... you get a title. You don't beat Rhapsodies.... you get a title.

But mastering a job takes way more effort for that title than buying a *** sword. (in theory*)

And how; If a rank 1 Beats ROV does the title matter? is it a hard barrier for a rank 5? Can a person be rank 7 without beating ROV just by obtaining 900 titles? These are the questions.

Someone needs to start a new account, do ~180 quests with no mission progress. And that's just crazy. Then if that works they need to do 200 more.
No one is going to do that.

If you're reading and you don't understand why that test needs to be done, it's to show if the rank is purely titles or if there are other things that matter besides simply obtaining 175(ish) titles. and 350(ish) titles. And if so, what are those things, you can find them by meeting the "point" (title) minimum FIRST. (and 450 550 650 750)
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-01 09:54:11  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm so god damn mad. ALL I did today was watch for a ToD and work on the titles node, so obviously I haven't spam checked my rank cause I done a god damn thing. And BAM.
01:XX last night got title 175, was mad that it didn't go up, but happy it didn't go up. 14 hours later, got title 176.
16:XX got Title 176 (177 possibly, again, champion of the dawn)
Watched while literally afk until 20:XX I've killed a couple mobs as PH for this NM title. Maybe 20 PH's. No skill ups. No extra titles. No new unlocks. No job changes, NOTHING.

If I didn't accidentally (OCD check every character) I wouldn't even have known.

A couple days late, but I didn't read that this was addressed. Did you by chance check your playtime at that time? I'm thinking maybe you hit a "days" threshold and leveled up if nothing else changed.
 Lakshmi.Blackada
user: logsrus
By Lakshmi.Blackada 2021-02-01 10:20:06  
Asura.Tawhoya said: »
16:XX got Title 176 (177 possibly, again, champion of the dawn)

Maybe it's a joke from SE. Champion of Dawn title earns rank-up after the next dawn.

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Accumulated playtime
earns all new characters a rank-up after 0 hours logged in.

I'm at 109.4 craft (waiting for mats on AH) with Synergy and Fishing capped and all others at 50+. Hoping for a rank up on 110, but all other tests have failed to rank-up, so who knows.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-01 10:20:35  
time played
Of course I checked, it wasn't. I can at least know that much is fact.

On one character I hit rank 2 at 15 days and rank 3 at 33 days. This one I'm bitching about hit rank 2 at 35 days.

Time played may be holding me from rank 4, but not from rank 2
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-01 14:33:40  
I'm over 1000 roe now, and 2 titles away from 800. It seems so far like 850 will be no big deal as I have a lot of random misc quest titles left to finish up and other easier ones left, but anything past that is going to be hellish in terms of title grinding
 Lakshmi.Blackada
user: logsrus
By Lakshmi.Blackada 2021-02-01 15:03:39  
Lakshmi.Blackada said: »
I am Rank 4, but my completed stuff might suggest I should be Rank 6. I starred the ones I think I might qualify for a rank up:
(as a side thought perhaps Number of days played needs zero days, that would give everyone their Rank 1 and would put me as Rank 5)

*Number of days played 802 days

*Mission progression level All except 1. WoG:Storm’s Crescendo 2.ToAU Path of Darkness 3.Campaign 4.Assault

*Number of completed quests Quests 662/xxxx , ROE 705/xxxx

*Combat Skills / Magic Skills All combat skilled to cap, 6 magic not at cap (need 1000 lvls)

Synthesis Skill / Fishing Skill 104 70 53 1 0 17 40 2 80 / 110

*Number of Trusts 100/102

So... i took the
Synthesis Skill/Fishing Skill to: 110 70 54 50 51 52 52 51 80 /110

and no Rank-up even after taking Woodworking to 110

so I guess i have to take all sub-crafts to 70
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-01 15:09:44  
It's become apparent that however crafting is related, it's not the sole objective. You can max everything out, it's not going to matter without the points (titles) to back it up.

You're going to need to add 100 titles to where ever you're at to bump it. I really don't want to ask you to do it, but count your titles.

I'm hoping to be proven wrong however.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-01 15:19:39  
Like let me try to break this down as simple as possible.

To drive, you need to be of age, you need to obtain the license, you need the vehicle, you need insurance. Any single one of those doesn't let you drive. (yes, you could be 12 and steal a car, let's not get that involved)

So; you need to be "some age account" and meet an objective from the list and obtain enough titles. and maybe more things.

I was really just hoping it was complete some missions and do some quests two months ago. and while it is that, it's so much more.

The only facts I've been able to get are it's possible to rank TWO with two weeks, it's possible to rank without mastering, or maxing merits, or capping skills, or having any crafts at all, while having < 30 trust, without unlocking any jobs, just getting titles and/or killing mobs which I can't easily count.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-01 16:06:37  
What we really need is 30 other people all doing this too.. Maybe we should offer gil, ha
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-01 16:09:44  
It just needs to be a couple.

The problem is those couple need to be new, have no clue how to do what needs to be done with reasonable pace, and want to play the game not *** around with data.

Everyone with a mild interest has been playing for years, most of your data is tainted. Cause you've done a bunch of the possible barriers already. The few who have 16 mules they want to get to reseinjima and free mars orb don't want to go collect 200 titles.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-01 16:23:51  
Yeah I gotcha. I don't even have one mule, so I certainly can't help from a control as many variables as possible standpoint
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-01 17:21:57  
I'm at 444 (counted, still variance of 2 just because)

Going to grab 6 *** titles and then, literally stare at my moogle. for a couple hours, at least. Then gain one title, stare, gain one title, stare.

When 452 doesn't work, get annoyed, go do something, then get pissed I hit rank 4 uncertain of how.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-01 18:33:51  
If you still need conquest points for the 30 rank item titles and don't have or don't want to spend vouchers, I found this from an old troll topic which is now useful: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41610/best-place-skill-up-sparks-conquest-point

tldr: kill boulder eaters and pygmytoises under gustav tunnel grounds of valor.

Basic boring stuff most already knew I'm sure, but I actually forgot about the higher level mobs in old conquest zones entirely, so this was a huge boon to me. Was able to get enough conquest points easily for sandy/windy to finish off my rank buying titles (except for aketons since not every nation rank 1)

Also using it at the same time to level my adventuring fellow to 99, although I'm sure that's not a mastery thing at least it's more quest completions!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-01 18:43:37  
Fellow has titles, so it counts on some level

But yeah, all relatively common stuff. That particular camp not a great idea, its the one the account sellers (used too?) use so if you're there it's not a good look.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-01 18:44:26  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
its the one the account sellers (used too?) use so if you're there it's not a good look.
completely empty on lakshmi :o

I'm learning so many things, ha
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-01 23:59:28  
This title *** (and the incorrect information on the wikis) is making me depressed.

Stupid quests aren't giving titles that I test.

Mommy's helper should be very straight forward, unless you only get the title for one of the three instead of any of the three.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-02 00:04:26  
it's repeatable so maybe have to do them all once?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-02 00:08:51  
Ok, either; you need to do it multiple times, or wild onions do not count.

I did wild onion right time, wild onion again right time, sleepshroom wrong time, sleepshroom right time < got it
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-02 00:12:45  
I have the title myself, but that had to be a longggg time ago. I don't remember it at all
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-02 00:15:29  
Wild Onion - correct time - no title 0/2
Wild Onion - incorrect time - no title 0/1
Sleepshroom - correct time - title 3/3
Sleepshroom - incorrect time - no title 0/1
Treant Bulb - correct time - title 1/1
Treant Bulb - incorrect time - no title 0/1
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-02 01:38:36  
here's a fun thing to think about. If it really is all just titles and it follows the 176, 351, 451, etc pattern because of new adventurer not counting

1054 titles on the bgwiki list
minus N/A (gm title)
minus final ballistar and ballistar royale (now unattainable)

1051? rank 10? would have to delevel your crafting after making an escutcheon, level up different craft, and make... every escutcheon? Can you even do something that stupid on one character? Ha

Though the numbers don't work because there's also the unattainable/unimplemented titles they mention on the JP wiki page, which would make it minus another 8 titles, so w/e heh

Not to mention it can't be 650 titles for rank 6 since I was rank 6 at 620something

Just bored while grinding titles and think of stupid things to pass the time
By Manque 2021-02-02 05:13:11  
The new storyline is adding titles on so there’s still time for them to add elsewhere. Also the “eternal eternal adventurer” title for being logged in 30 min before they shutdown the servers to ding you to 10.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-02 08:47:21  
So far no luck on 455 titles. Relatively confident I've done whatever excess amount of things it should require for rank 4.

From 3 to 4 I've done
1 110 craft > all main crafts capped
Finished capping all the skills
Medal of Altana
All 3 Stared Meebles and bosses
The whole VW set zero > prov all ki
The whole event line of Abyssea to Killing Shinryu (no procing very few KI)
Up to 850 ROE
A bunch of AF 5/5 (questlines and titles)
The mini Xpacks asa acp amk
"opened" MMM (cleared one to start collecting CC)
Mog Garden is up to 666677

Playtime is 57 days (rank 3 was 33 days)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-02 09:55:14  
I still like the idea of specific titles as gate keepers with the cumulative titles as the point system. Or that it really is just the amounts of gil the titles are worth being the point system.

Not like either of those have any reason for being true over say a point system of everything in the game, or total key items or something dumb. I just like the title thing because it's cleaner and easier to pretend it's the method behind all this :x

and remember that I know 100% that I ranked up from 6 to 7 after turning in the fiat lux battle completion. I WISH I had checked after finishing the battle instead, because then I would have known if it was the title from the fight ranking me up or the completion added to the mission section. Dangit.

edit: oh, and AF set completions or RoEs are not a specific gatekeeper to ranks (at least up to 7). I only have full quest completions for war, thf, brd, sam, blu, geo and run. and I have the AF1 weapon complete for bst and sch. And I haven't added of these since I started grinding rank stuff. I some of the smn gear for my smn, but I didn't do the quests yet I just bought the gear with the monthly point vouchers
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2021-02-02 10:16:13  
How many jobs do you have leveled on that character? It seems like playtime and titles reference the threshold. Perhaps it is 4 jobs at 440+ CP points spent too or something. or also 44 trust, 44 minutes on a chocobo... I'm just throwing things out there. I want to help, but I'm not sure what I can do aside from speculate.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-02-02 10:18:31  
I want to help, but I'm not sure what I can do aside from speculate.
He's gonna tell you to count your titles and everything else on your character if you say things like that ;D
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 48 49 50