users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-25 08:51:00  
I'm with shadida in that it would be nice to have in UI capability to add ex commands if you're taking feedback on functionality to be added.

Edit: If you're willing to add that to planned, knowing that it might not be implemented. :D
By Aliekber 2022-07-25 17:18:35  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I'm with shadida in that it would be nice to have in UI capability to add ex commands if you're taking feedback on functionality to be added.

Edit: If you're willing to add that to planned, knowing that it might not be implemented. :D
What would a useful UI for adding ex commands look like? As far as I can tell, it would just be a field for you to type the command in, and in that case, why not just use the console command?
Code
xb set <crossbar set> <bar> <slot> ex <command> <target> <caption> <icon>

Well, OK. It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. But what if instead of adding UI, I added some aliases for the button combos to the command syntax, allowing you to type this:
Code
xb set Basic RightTrigger B ex "input /dance4" t "Dance Emote" party-member

or this:
Code
xb set Basic RightTrigger B ex "input /dance4" t
xb icon Basic RightTrigger B party-member
xb caption Basic RightTrigger B "Dance Emote"

instead of this:
Code
xb set Basic 2 5 ex "input /dance4" t "Dance Emote" party-member

The syntax for the triggers would likely be something like:
  • "L", "Left", or "LeftTrigger" = Left trigger

• "R", "Right" or "RightTrigger" = Right trigger

• "LR", "LeftRight" or "LeftRightTrigger" = Left trigger, then right trigger

• "RL", "RightLeft", "RightLeftTrigger" = Right trigger, then left trigger

• "LL", "LeftLeft", "LeftLeftTrigger" = Left trigger x2

• "RR", "RightRight", "RightRightTrigger" = Right trigger x2

The syntax for the buttons would depend on your button layout (either ABXY or Playstation buttons), and which slots corresponded to which alias would also depend on your button layout (e.g. Y button on a Nintendo controller corresponds to X button on an Xbox controller) but that would all happen under the hood, so you could just say what button you want to use, and the addon would assign it to the appropriate slot:

• "A", "AButton" = Nintendo: [Right Face Button], Xbox: [Bottom Face Button], GCN: [Bottom Face Button]

• "B", "BButton" = Nintendo: [Bottom Face Button], Xbox: [Right Face Button], GCN: [Left Face Button]

• "X", "XButton" = Nintendo: [Top Face Button], Xbox: [Left Face Button], GCN: [Right Face Button]

• "Y", "YButton" = Nintendo: [Left Face Button], Xbox: [Top Face Button], GCN: [Top Face Button]

• "Square", "SquareButton" = Square [Left Face Button]

• "Circle", "CircleButton" = Circle [Right Face Button]

• "Cross", "CrossButton" = Cross [Bottom Face Button]

• "Triangle", "TriangleButton" = Triangle [Top Face Button]

• "Up", "UpButton", "DUp", "DPadUp", "DPadUpButton" = DPad Up

• "Down", "DownButton", "DDown", "DPadDown", "DPadDownButton" = DPad Down

• "Left", "LeftButton", "DLeft", "DPadLeft", "DPadLeftButton" = DPad Left

• "Right", "RightButton", "DRight", "DPadRight", "DPadRightButton" = DPad Right

[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-07-25 19:22:45  
so, I can honestly say that I didn't know you could do that but...

would be nice to just select something from the menu and type the command you want. If I'm typing all that stuff out anyway, it's barely a step above just straight editing the xml.

I understand if you don't want to add it to the roadmap. Imo, it would be nice.
 Sylph.Shadida
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2022-07-25 20:10:57  
How feasible would it be to make abilities which have chargers behave the way they do in FFXIV, where there's a charge count and a timer? Quick Draw is the one I have in mind specifically since I'm playing COR.
By Aliekber 2022-07-25 20:27:00  
so, I can honestly say that I didn't know you could do that but...
No, you were right. You couldn't do that when I wrote the previous comment.

But now you can, in the version I just pushed.

would be nice to just select something from the menu and type the command you want. If I'm typing all that stuff out anyway, it's barely a step above just straight editing the xml.

I understand if you don't want to add it to the roadmap. Imo, it would be nice.

Well, I'll think about it.
By Aliekber 2022-07-25 20:32:23  
Sylph.Shadida said: »
How feasible would it be to make abilities which have chargers behave the way they do in FFXIV, where there's a charge count and a timer? Quick Draw is the one I have in mind specifically since I'm playing COR.
Definitely feasible. I've added it to the drawing board section. It's one of those things that I've been meaning to do, but hasn't come to mind when making my lists of changes I want to make.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-07-26 08:28:02  
Aliekber said: »
1st of all Amazing work at this!!!!!!!!!!

with that said however it would be nice to see a step by step guide as this is kind of funky on some aspects such as it binds the CTRL+ keys.

Quote:
NOTE: The crossbar unbinds any existing bindings for Ctrl+F1 through Ctrl+F12 because it uses those buttons as proxies for the gamepad. Any Alt, Shift, or neutral bindings to F1-F12 will be unaffected. Ctrl is used for the bindings rather than Alt because Alt has a tendency to get "stuck" when Alt-Tabbing in and out, and can lead to accidental ability use. However, while Ctrl+F9 through Ctrl+F12 are completely locked down by this addon, you can re-add your Ctrl+F1 through Ctrl+F8 bindings by editing function_key_bindings.lua.
This is Very iffy for me as my stuff uses CTRL / ALT / Windows Binding (it did mentioned SHIFT is free tho, can't it be changed to SHIFT instead?)

Also:

Quote:
Once you're used to the button placement, I recommend updating your settings xml to use the compact layout, just to reclaim some screen real estate.

If you want a 4th crossbar in each set, you can set the crossbar number to 4 in settings, which will make the 3rd and 4th crossbars dependent on which trigger you press first. L -> R is Crossbar 4, and R -> L is Crossbar 3.

If you want to have 6 crossbars in each set, you can set the crossbar number to 6 in settings, do the same as above but also add Crossbar 5 (activated when you double-press L) and Crossbar 6 (activated when you double-press R).
not 100% sure what is directing me to do here (instructions are kind of lacking some details)

Another question:
How do I re-size it if needed be? (I think found the spot but would like to confirm it)

Finally:

How do I add my macros to the Cross Bar?
(Can you make an example of how to do: 1 spell (Cure) / 1 JA (Provoke) / 1 Weapon Skill (Expiacion) Please)
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-07-26 09:47:11  
how to resize the xiv crossbar?
By Aliekber 2022-07-27 00:54:27  
Asura.Kuroganashi said: »
Assuming you mean how do you control the spacing, you can go to addons/xivcrossbar/data/settings.xml and change settings.global.style.hotbarspacing and/or settings.global.iscompact.

If you mean how do you change the size of the icons and such, there isn't currently a way to do that.
By Aliekber 2022-07-27 01:07:45  
@Kuroganashi

To get access to more crossbars, go to addons/xivcrossbar/data/settings.xml and edit settings.global.hotbar.number. You can increase it to 4 or 6 (technically 5 would also work, but would be pretty weird).

As for using Shift instead of Ctrl, the reason it uses Ctrl is so that the native macro bar pops up to capture the button presses. If it didn't do that, then your dpad use would change what you're targeting.

It may be possible to use Shift instead if you use the native gamepad utility to bind your triggers to the native macro bar like they normally would be, and then change the AHK and xivcrossbar.lua to look for Shift instead of Ctrl, but IIRC I tried using both Shift and Alt originally instead of Ctrl, and for different reasons they didn't work out, and I had to use Ctrl.

The real solution is to get Windower's "pipe message" event to actually work, and then I can just pass in all the needed button info through a named pipe instead of using a bunch of weird keybinds. But every time I've checked, the pipe message event has still been broken. If any of you find out it's been fixed, please let me know.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-07-27 09:44:47  
@Kuroganashi

To get access to more crossbars, go to addons/xivcrossbar/data/settings.xml and edit settings.global.hotbar.number. You can increase it to 4 or 6 (technically 5 would also work, but would be pretty weird).

As for using Shift instead of Ctrl, the reason it uses Ctrl is so that the native macro bar pops up to capture the button presses. If it didn't do that, then your dpad use would change what you're targeting.

It may be possible to use Shift instead if you use the native gamepad utility to bind your triggers to the native macro bar like they normally would be, and then change the AHK and xivcrossbar.lua to look for Shift instead of Ctrl, but IIRC I tried using both Shift and Alt originally instead of Ctrl, and for different reasons they didn't work out, and I had to use Ctrl.

The real solution is to get Windower's "pipe message" event to actually work, and then I can just pass in all the needed button info through a named pipe instead of using a bunch of weird keybinds. But every time I've checked, the pipe message event has still been broken. If any of you find out it's been fixed, please let me know.

got most of it to work only job I am iffy is SMN :)
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-07-27 09:45:26  
Assuming you mean how do you control the spacing, you can go to addons/xivcrossbar/data/settings.xml and change settings.global.style.hotbarspacing and/or settings.global.iscompact.

If you mean how do you change the size of the icons and such, there isn't currently a way to do that.

I meant the actual position too.
I want to move it down and to the right side.
By Aliekber 2022-07-27 11:39:30  

Ah, there's a "Move Crossbar" action in the binding menu, if you select it, you can move the crossbar with your dpad.
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-07-27 20:36:49  

Ah, there's a "Move Crossbar" action in the binding menu, if you select it, you can move the crossbar with your dpad.

I will check it out, thank you :)
But just in case/save time, how do I access that menu?

ALSO did you check my PM with the question?

and how do I know what icons I can use? seems they already pre-set as I did same icon for multiple abilities and it changed to a different one for each yet others doesn't even show up or shows white box only.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-07-28 07:59:59  
is it possible to change the Crossbar file depending on "Pet" that is currently summoned?
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-07-28 08:34:43  
also how do I make the mount be a random one when I summon?
is it possible to do the Roulette thing?
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-28 10:57:16  
That's a separate addon called mount roulette
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-07-28 12:24:33  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
That's a separate addon called mount roulette

asking the command to do it.

even to make a specific mount work or Roullete one.
By Aliekber 2022-07-28 13:38:16  
is it possible to change the Crossbar file depending on "Pet" that is currently summoned?
Yes, but currently only for SMN. If you summon (e.g.) Carbuncle, then if you have a crossbar set named Carbuncle, it will automatically switch to it.
[+]
By Aliekber 2022-07-28 13:42:06  
also how do I make the mount be a random one when I summon?
is it possible to do the Roulette thing?
There should be a Mount Roulette action in the Select Action Type" dialog. It uses a librarified version of Mount roulette.
[+]
By Aliekber 2022-07-28 13:54:35  
I will check it out, thank you :)
But just in case/save time, how do I access that menu?

ALSO did you check my PM with the question?

and how do I know what icons I can use? seems they already pre-set as I did same icon for multiple abilities and it changed to a different one for each yet others doesn't even show up or shows white box only.
You open that menu with the back/options/minus button on your controller.

Yes, I read your message. I guess I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, it it just for automatic switching when you summon? Because that already exists in the latest version. I should probably add support for BST though...

The default icons are in xivcrossbar/images/icons. Custom icons can be found in xivcrossbar/images/icons/iconpacks. The "How can I add icons of my own?" section in this post explains how to add your own custom icons.

White boxes are what happens when it can't load an icon correctly. Please let me know specifically which icon is loading as a white box and I'll take a look at it.
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-07-28 20:39:18  
Yes, but currently only for SMN. If you summon (e.g.) Carbuncle, then if you have a crossbar set named Carbuncle, it will automatically switch to it.
oh so I can make a Crossbar for each pet and it would automatically swap to that as it summons it ? :O

PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!!

:)
By Aliekber 2022-07-28 20:53:54  
oh so I can make a Crossbar for each pet and it would automatically swap to that as it summons it ? :O

PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!!

:)
Yep! :)
[+]
By shmobertson 2022-07-30 16:30:03  
Hello,
I was wondering if it is possible to have the addon switch crossbars while idle/engaged? Similar to how FFXIV can switch crossbars depending on weapon sheathed or drawn.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-30 20:48:28  
I'm pretty sure you can integrate that into your gearswap via making it sent a command to switch crossbars whenever you engage/disengage.
[+]
By Axciom 2022-07-31 01:54:34  
I'm pretty sure you can integrate that into your gearswap via making it sent a command to switch crossbars whenever you engage/disengage.

You can. A bit ago I decided I was tired of Escha zones not having battle music, so I rigged up my global gs file to load new music on engage/disengage.
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-07-31 04:46:40  

How would said command look like in GS ? (curious now)
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-07-31 07:42:06  
While I have the general idea of where to add the commands, it would be better to ask directly in the gearswap help thread or discord as there is at least some variance among gearswaps.
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-08-01 07:42:53  
While I have the general idea of where to add the commands, it would be better to ask directly in the gearswap help thread or discord as there is at least some variance among gearswaps.

Thanks and will do
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2022-08-02 07:45:26  
So still haven't gotten any reply on my question.......

Also how do I map the icons for XIVCrossbar ?

not sure I follow how it maps which icons are which.

Cuz some work but others don't is there a list of names you can give me or a file that shows the names (I hate white box so I wanna map it myself maybe, idk)
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 9 10 11