2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
By Aliekber 2020-10-07 20:24:38  
Kandicaine said: »
Dude first of all wow this is amazing a complete game changer not only with crossbar functionality but skillchain tracking. Amazing QoL for a new/returner like myself.

However that being said, I'm running XIV on a laptop with no GPU and already struggle to stay between 15-29FPS. This addon seems to kill my frame rate by half.

I am currently playing at 1366x720 resolution

I have noticed that it has to do specifically with the UI and the skill icons.

With no crossbar displayed the frame rate is normal as usual at around 29fps. (such as when interacting with a home point)

With the crossbar displayed with no skills on it this drops to about 24fps

With the crossbar displayed with 8 skills placed on it this plummets the frame rate to 11-15fps

I have enabled compact mode and this did bring a minor improvement.

The frame rate also improves when only one crossbar is displayed (R2+L2)

Do you have any recommendations for what I could do to increase the frame rate? I tried deleting the ability icons but this only brought a very minor increase. Is there a way to resize the crossbar? Its quite large right now, I'm thinking if I were to shrink it a bit that could bring a gain. Im not sure?
If you download the latest version, I've just added a setting called FrameSkip (check addons/xivcrossbar/data/settings.xml) that allows you to make XIVCrossbar render less often, which should boost your performance. 0 = no skipped frames, 1 = skip every other frame, 2 = skip 2 frames between every rendered frame, and so on.

Let me know if it's helpful.
[+]
By Aliekber 2020-10-07 20:37:34  
Added a troubleshooting section and added a section addressing the potential abuse of AutoHotKey scripts as keyloggers after my brother pointed out that he wouldn't use this addon until he had read the code himself if it were written by someone other than me, due to its reliance on AutoHotKey.
By Kandicaine 2020-10-08 16:21:36  
Aliekber said: »
Dude first of all wow this is amazing a complete game changer not only with crossbar functionality but skillchain tracking. Amazing QoL for a new/returner like myself.

However that being said, I'm running XIV on a laptop with no GPU and already struggle to stay between 15-29FPS. This addon seems to kill my frame rate by half.

I am currently playing at 1366x720 resolution

I have noticed that it has to do specifically with the UI and the skill icons.

With no crossbar displayed the frame rate is normal as usual at around 29fps. (such as when interacting with a home point)

With the crossbar displayed with no skills on it this drops to about 24fps

With the crossbar displayed with 8 skills placed on it this plummets the frame rate to 11-15fps

I have enabled compact mode and this did bring a minor improvement.

The frame rate also improves when only one crossbar is displayed (R2+L2)

Do you have any recommendations for what I could do to increase the frame rate? I tried deleting the ability icons but this only brought a very minor increase. Is there a way to resize the crossbar? Its quite large right now, I'm thinking if I were to shrink it a bit that could bring a gain. Im not sure?
If you download the latest version, I've just added a setting called FrameSkip (check addons/xivcrossbar/data/settings.xml) that allows you to make XIVCrossbar render less often, which should boost your performance. 0 = no skipped frames, 1 = skip every other frame, 2 = skip 2 frames between every rendered frame, and so on.

Let me know if it's helpful.

Thank you! It seems the data folder and the settingsxml is missing in the latest version however
[+]
By Kandicaine 2020-10-08 16:34:22  
Segaso said: »
does the "enable hat switches" option need to be turned on? its greyed out with XInput and I can't get past the confirm button setup
That should be fine, the image shown is for DirectInput controllers.

What's happening during the confirm button setup?

I get a prompt that says to hold the right trigger then press the button you want to map to Confirm/Submit. When I do that though nothing happens.

I'm also using DS4Windows and a PS4 controller but it acts like a xbox controller to the game/computer with the hide option

-- Nevermind figured it out I had to run the ahk script as admin which let it interact with ffxi

Yes I had this same issue (same solution). Would recommend adding note to run AHK as admin
By Aliekber 2020-10-08 17:09:17  
Thank you! It seems the data folder and the settingsxml is missing in the latest version however
It's generated from defaults the first time you run the addon, so it won't be there until you've loaded it in Windower for the first time.

The reason for this is so that your settings don't get overwritten every time you update the addon, which is what would happen if the settings xml was directly included.
By Aliekber 2020-10-08 17:24:46  
Nevermind figured it out I had to run the ahk script as admin which let it interact with ffxi

Yes I had this same issue (same solution). Would recommend adding note to run AHK as admin
Added this to the troubleshooting section.
By Kandicaine 2020-10-08 18:19:40  
Ooooh ok.

Frameskip option helped tremendously. Thank you! :)
[+]
By Aliekber 2020-10-08 18:24:39  
Ooooh ok.

No problem. Glad it helped!
By Kandicaine 2020-10-08 23:26:25  
Ooooh ok.

No problem. Glad it helped!

A little more feedback if this helps you at all.

I set the frameskip to >108000< (any absurd number). This completely disabled all animations resulting in zero loss of frames on the hotbar while leaving it entirely intact in crossbar functionality (minus the use of R2+L2 for the third hotbar)

Personally I found frameskip of >4< to be the best balance between function and performance but still too performance heavy for my potato so I'm going to stick to >108000< or another absurd number

So unfortunately you lose out on the skillchain timer and all of the other really cool functions but at a basic level, its still good and does what its supposed to.
[+]
By Aliekber 2020-10-09 00:08:43  
A little more feedback if this helps you at all.

I set the frameskip to >108000< (any absurd number). This completely disabled all animations resulting in zero loss of frames on the hotbar while leaving it entirely intact in crossbar functionality (minus the use of R2+L2 for the third hotbar)

Personally I found frameskip of >4< to be the best balance between function and performance but still too performance heavy for my potato so I'm going to stick to >108000< or another absurd number

So unfortunately you lose out on the skillchain timer and all of the other really cool functions but at a basic level, its still good and does what its supposed to.
Good info, thanks! Have you tried assigning anything to the 3rd crossbar and using it "blind"? It should still be usable, it just won't be visible.
By Arkanethered 2020-10-09 07:25:31  
For some reason I cannot get any of my gamepads to be recognized during the configure screen.

All of my controllers are direct input and show up as either Joystick 2 or 3 in the button finder script.

Running the AHKs as admin does not help and I've changed my configuration within FFXI's gamepad config to exactly match, both with and without the "optional" macro pallet assignments.

Every gamepad works in the game every time, it's just not being picked up by xivcrossbar for some reason.
By Aliekber 2020-10-09 11:50:42  
Arkanethered said: »
For some reason I cannot get any of my gamepads to be recognized during the configure screen.

All of my controllers are direct input and show up as either Joystick 2 or 3 in the button finder script.

Running the AHKs as admin does not help and I've changed my configuration within FFXI's gamepad config to exactly match, both with and without the "optional" macro pallet assignments.

Every gamepad works in the game every time, it's just not being picked up by xivcrossbar for some reason.
I've seen this before. Try editing ffxi_directinput.ahk with the following: everywhere you see (for example) Joy7, replace it with 2Joy7 if you're using Joystick 2, or 3Joy7 for Joystick 3.
By Arkanethered 2020-10-10 10:04:42  
That fixed that issue. Thanks!

Now its just not forwarding the cancel / confirm correctly (at all)... Haven't had time to try and figure that out though.
By Aliekber 2020-10-10 13:13:46  
That fixed that issue. Thanks!

Now its just not forwarding the cancel / confirm correctly (at all)... Haven't had time to try and figure that out though.
You may need to rerun the startup utility. Try "xb remap true" in your Windower console.
By Arkanethered 2020-10-10 20:46:03  
The remap did not fix the issue... However, I was able to just use joy-2-key to map those buttons with esc / enter / + / - ...
That seems to be a workaround for me now, at least until I figure out what is going on.

By the way, I have not used this yet, but the setup is amazing.

Thank you so much for making this.
By Aliekber 2020-10-10 22:46:38  
The remap did not fix the issue... However, I was able to just use joy-2-key to map those buttons with esc / enter / + / - ...
That seems to be a workaround for me now, at least until I figure out what is going on.

By the way, I have not used this yet, but the setup is amazing.

Thank you so much for making this.
Can you PM me a copy of your config.ini?
 Asura.Baeron
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Daeron
By Asura.Baeron 2020-10-12 08:08:56  
This addon looks very interesting to me, but one concern I have before actually testing it out is that it seems limited to 32 possible actions, which just isn't enough for a lot of caster classes. Is there a way to quickly switch bars so that more than 32 actions can be bound at a time?
By Aliekber 2020-10-12 12:01:21  
Asura.Baeron said: »
This addon looks very interesting to me, but one concern I have before actually testing it out is that it seems limited to 32 possible actions, which just isn't enough for a lot of caster classes. Is there a way to quickly switch bars so that more than 32 actions can be bound at a time?
Yes, you can hold the Start/Plus/Options button to bring up a list of your crossbar sets, which you can use the dpad to switch between.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-12 12:09:36  
Asura.Baeron said: »
Yes, you can hold the Start/Plus/Options button to bring up a list of your crossbar sets, which you can use the dpad to switch between.
Is that the same way FFXIV does it where you can switch between macro palettes there too?

I knew there was a way to do that when I played for a little bit, I just forgot how to do it.
By Aliekber 2020-10-12 19:10:50  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Is that the same way FFXIV does it where you can switch between macro palettes there too?

I knew there was a way to do that when I played for a little bit, I just forgot how to do it.
In FFXIV, you do that with the right bumper, but I put it on Start/Plus/Options because I already use the right bumper to switch characters while 2boxing. No reason you couldn't change the mapping in ffxi_directinput.ahk/ffxi_xinput.ahk to the right bumper.
By Aliekber 2020-10-17 15:10:22  
Added missing Majesty JA.

Currently playing with implementing Idle sets, which would work similarly to Default sets, except they would override your normal slots instead of being overridden by your normal slots, and they would only do so when you are not in battle.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-18 06:37:02  
A very minor oddity. I'm a few updates behind right now, so perhaps this is something you've addressed already, but...

The icon for coccon is kinda hanging out of it's box there in the L2+X slot. But when I put it in the R2+up slot it fit just fine. Odd.
By Aliekber 2020-10-18 14:07:03  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
A very minor oddity. I'm a few updates behind right now, so perhaps this is something you've addressed already, but...

The icon for coccon is kinda hanging out of it's box there in the L2+X slot. But when I put it in the R2+up slot it fit just fine. Odd.
Can you send me a copy of your XML?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-18 17:56:21  
Sent you a PM.
By Aliekber 2020-10-18 18:07:30  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Sent you a PM.
Pushed a fix in the latest version.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-10-18 18:32:24  
jeez that was fast. Thanks.
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2020-11-15 10:04:38  
figured out that part, now last question. When i use this with gearswap it often is using the same keybinds to switch between idle sets. I'm not as code savy as some of the people here. I can change it if i know where to look for it. Any advice?
By Aliekber 2020-12-13 19:48:16  
Gilgamesh.Daviant said: »
figured out that part, now last question. When i use this with gearswap it often is using the same keybinds to switch between idle sets. I'm not as code savy as some of the people here. I can change it if i know where to look for it. Any advice?
Just noticed your question, thanks for your patience. XIVCrossbar should unbind Ctrl+F1 through Ctrl+F12 each time it loads, though it is always possible that another addon is rebinding those combos. What I personally do is put the following commands in my GearSwap lua files, to just make sure that XIVCrossbar loads after GearSwap so it can undo GearSwap's keybinds automatically:

In the user_setup() function
Code
windower.send_command('lua load xivcrossbar')

In the user_unload() function
Code
windower.send_command('lua unload xivcrossbar')

In the job_setup() function (for changing subjobs)
Code
windower.send_command('lua reload xivcrossbar')

But if you'd rather track down where the bind is actually happening, the most likely culprit is addons/GearSwap/libs/Mote-Globals.lua or addons/GearSwap/libs/rev1/Mote-Globals.lua in global_on_load() and global_on_unload() (but it could be somewhere else, too). To search for bind commands, do a search in your addons and scripts folders for "bind ^f12" (which will find things that are binding Ctrl+F12), and just change the key number to the correct function key for your search.

Once you find where the idle set command is being bound, you can copy the command into addons/xivcrossbar/function_key_bindings.lua to rebind it to any of Ctrl+F1 through Ctrl+F8, and delete it from where you found it. FYI, if you find a bind command for a combo, there will likely be an unbind command for that combo as well. If you delete one, you should delete the other as well.

You'll either have to restart the affected addons to see your changes, or you can manually input each unbind command you deleted. And if neither of those work, restarting Windower after making your changes will definitely fix things.
By Icydeath 2021-01-08 20:55:04  
I'm having targeting issue when cycling through mobs/pc's/trusts using the controllers dpad. The target curser keeps randomly jumping forward and/or backwards a target.

It seems to only happen when I'm in a party.

When I'm solo, ie: no PC's or Trusts in my party. I have no targeting issues.

If it helps, I'm using a Logitech F710.
My brother, who also is having the issue, is using a PlayStation 5 controller.
(which both controllers utilize the ffxi_directinput.ahk)

Looking at the code in ffxi_directinput.ahk I'm thinking it has to do with the CheckPOVState method (starts at line 32) and the if statements.
For example; instead of checking just 0 for up, it might have to be a range of numbers, ie: joyp > 27000 and joyp < 9000 (Those values are wrong of course, just using them as an example)

That's my best guess...
I'm going to try and do some testing by modifying those values. If I end up having success I'll report back ^^.

P.S. I love the addon!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11