2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
By Aliekber 2021-04-07 23:07:46  
Asura.Kingdomhearts said: »
Bahamut.Jishnu said: »
Also, FYI regarding the multiple commands issue, I do use rewasd so I didn't know if that might affect functionality because I did have the ffxi gamepad config set up correctly.

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for making this, the crossbar was one of the few things I loved about XIV.

I am also having the quoted issue above and wanted to mention in case it helped that I am not using rewasd. And although it's not as obvious, I have seen the issue with other buttons as well, such as the square button when changing pages on the main menu.

One thing to try is disabling either ffxi_directinput.ahk or ffxi_xinput.ahk, if both are running. Running both is the default behavior because for most users, it doesn't cause any problems, and not having to choose eliminates a setup step at the beginning.

But if both are detecting input and forwarding it, that could definitely cause this issue, so try disabling one of them, and if that completely breaks your controls, then re-enable it and disable the other one. If that ends up fixing it, I'll probably add a config setting to make it easier to control which AHK to run.
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaiba
By Asura.Kingdomhearts 2021-04-08 00:25:11  
Aliekber said: »
Bahamut.Jishnu said: »
Also, FYI regarding the multiple commands issue, I do use rewasd so I didn't know if that might affect functionality because I did have the ffxi gamepad config set up correctly.

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for making this, the crossbar was one of the few things I loved about XIV.

I am also having the quoted issue above and wanted to mention in case it helped that I am not using rewasd. And although it's not as obvious, I have seen the issue with other buttons as well, such as the square button when changing pages on the main menu.

One thing to try is disabling either ffxi_directinput.ahk or ffxi_xinput.ahk, if both are running. Running both is the default behavior because for most users, it doesn't cause any problems, and not having to choose eliminates a setup step at the beginning.

But if both are detecting input and forwarding it, that could definitely cause this issue, so try disabling one of them, and if that completely breaks your controls, then re-enable it and disable the other one. If that ends up fixing it, I'll probably add a config setting to make it easier to control which AHK to run.

Thank you for the quick response. Sadly the above suggestion did not work, although it did get my thinking. I do have to run the .akh manually as the addon does not otherwise recognize my controller input when I load it(I am running Windower as Admin). Might it be possible that the addon loads the .akh(xinput in my case) and while the crossbar doesn't respond to button inputs, it's still reading them so when I manually load the file, it's getting the double input like you're thinking? Hopefully I worded my thoughts in a way that's understandable.
By Aliekber 2021-04-08 02:07:22  
Thank you for the quick response. Sadly the above suggestion did not work, although it did get my thinking. I do have to run the .akh manually as the addon does not otherwise recognize my controller input when I load it(I am running Windower as Admin). Might it be possible that the addon loads the .akh(xinput in my case) and while the crossbar doesn't respond to button inputs, it's still reading them so when I manually load the file, it's getting the double input like you're thinking? Hopefully I worded my thoughts in a way that's understandable.

Well, that shouldn't happen, but I can't definitively say it's impossible. I would try commenting out lines 126 and 127 of xivcrossbar.lua to prevent the AHK scripts from automatically loading, and then start the script manually like you've been doing. Hopefully that will clear things up.
By Asura.Kingdomhearts 2021-04-08 16:25:51  
I was just speculating when I suggested that. I did try your suggestion and still had the same issue. Feel I should probably mention that I am using Icydeath's .ahk after the one in the OP link you posted was giving me the same targeting issues with the DPad that Icydeath mentioned.
By Asura.Kingdomhearts 2021-04-09 11:49:45  
Okay, I may have narrowed the issue down to the .ahk. When using the original one, I seem to no longer have the double press issue, but then I have the other issue spoken of in this topic where targeting with the Dpad gets my cursor skips around. But when using Icydeath's .ahk, that issue resolves, but then get the one I original spoke of.
By Aliekber 2021-04-10 18:44:06  
Hmm...I haven't found any smoking guns yet.

Can everyone seeing this issue do me a favor and add a reply here with the requested information? If you don't have a Github account, you can post the info in this thread and I'll just add a reply with your info so I can keep everything in one place.
By Asura.Kingdomhearts 2021-04-11 12:25:06  
Posted the requested information on github.