New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
XIVCrossbar - A Gamepad Macro Addon
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
By Aliekber 2021-04-07 23:07:46  
Asura.Kingdomhearts said: »
Bahamut.Jishnu said: »
Also, FYI regarding the multiple commands issue, I do use rewasd so I didn't know if that might affect functionality because I did have the ffxi gamepad config set up correctly.

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for making this, the crossbar was one of the few things I loved about XIV.

I am also having the quoted issue above and wanted to mention in case it helped that I am not using rewasd. And although it's not as obvious, I have seen the issue with other buttons as well, such as the square button when changing pages on the main menu.

One thing to try is disabling either ffxi_directinput.ahk or ffxi_xinput.ahk, if both are running. Running both is the default behavior because for most users, it doesn't cause any problems, and not having to choose eliminates a setup step at the beginning.

But if both are detecting input and forwarding it, that could definitely cause this issue, so try disabling one of them, and if that completely breaks your controls, then re-enable it and disable the other one. If that ends up fixing it, I'll probably add a config setting to make it easier to control which AHK to run.
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaiba
By Asura.Kingdomhearts 2021-04-08 00:25:11  
Aliekber said: »
Bahamut.Jishnu said: »
Also, FYI regarding the multiple commands issue, I do use rewasd so I didn't know if that might affect functionality because I did have the ffxi gamepad config set up correctly.

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you for making this, the crossbar was one of the few things I loved about XIV.

I am also having the quoted issue above and wanted to mention in case it helped that I am not using rewasd. And although it's not as obvious, I have seen the issue with other buttons as well, such as the square button when changing pages on the main menu.

One thing to try is disabling either ffxi_directinput.ahk or ffxi_xinput.ahk, if both are running. Running both is the default behavior because for most users, it doesn't cause any problems, and not having to choose eliminates a setup step at the beginning.

But if both are detecting input and forwarding it, that could definitely cause this issue, so try disabling one of them, and if that completely breaks your controls, then re-enable it and disable the other one. If that ends up fixing it, I'll probably add a config setting to make it easier to control which AHK to run.

Thank you for the quick response. Sadly the above suggestion did not work, although it did get my thinking. I do have to run the .akh manually as the addon does not otherwise recognize my controller input when I load it(I am running Windower as Admin). Might it be possible that the addon loads the .akh(xinput in my case) and while the crossbar doesn't respond to button inputs, it's still reading them so when I manually load the file, it's getting the double input like you're thinking? Hopefully I worded my thoughts in a way that's understandable.
By Aliekber 2021-04-08 02:07:22  
Thank you for the quick response. Sadly the above suggestion did not work, although it did get my thinking. I do have to run the .akh manually as the addon does not otherwise recognize my controller input when I load it(I am running Windower as Admin). Might it be possible that the addon loads the .akh(xinput in my case) and while the crossbar doesn't respond to button inputs, it's still reading them so when I manually load the file, it's getting the double input like you're thinking? Hopefully I worded my thoughts in a way that's understandable.

Well, that shouldn't happen, but I can't definitively say it's impossible. I would try commenting out lines 126 and 127 of xivcrossbar.lua to prevent the AHK scripts from automatically loading, and then start the script manually like you've been doing. Hopefully that will clear things up.
By Asura.Kingdomhearts 2021-04-08 16:25:51  
I was just speculating when I suggested that. I did try your suggestion and still had the same issue. Feel I should probably mention that I am using Icydeath's .ahk after the one in the OP link you posted was giving me the same targeting issues with the DPad that Icydeath mentioned.
By Asura.Kingdomhearts 2021-04-09 11:49:45  
Okay, I may have narrowed the issue down to the .ahk. When using the original one, I seem to no longer have the double press issue, but then I have the other issue spoken of in this topic where targeting with the Dpad gets my cursor skips around. But when using Icydeath's .ahk, that issue resolves, but then get the one I original spoke of.
By Aliekber 2021-04-10 18:44:06  
Hmm...I haven't found any smoking guns yet.

Can everyone seeing this issue do me a favor and add a reply here with the requested information? If you don't have a Github account, you can post the info in this thread and I'll just add a reply with your info so I can keep everything in one place.
By Asura.Kingdomhearts 2021-04-11 12:25:06  
Posted the requested information on github.
By Asura.Kingdomhearts 2021-04-13 17:50:59  
The problem has been solved and just wanted to post here the solution in case anybody else has the same problem. Originally, I had installed Alieber's version and later when Icy released the updated version, I copied and pasted that update over Alieber's thinking it would replace everything and work normally. This however was not the case as Icy had done some work to clean up the code. The result was there were files conflicting with each other resulting in the double-tab bug. Once I backed up my settings and completely reinstalled the program from square one, using Icy's version, the problem went away.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-04-27 12:18:55  
Just spent a little while helping someone troubleshoot a brand new install...

Make sure you have the run plugin installed.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-04-29 11:32:14  
For those of you doing the feast of swords:
<target>me</target>
<type>item</type>
<action>Ibushi Shinai</action>
<alias>Ibushi Shinai</alias>
By Souki 2021-05-02 19:32:20  
Is there a way to make the crossbar smaller for screens with lower resolutions?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-05-24 13:20:53  
So, I think I'm doing something wrong. I've mapped the buttons at the beginning, and I can set macros, but I can't get the standard buttons to work (I.E. A for confirm, B for cancel). I'm not sure what I've messed up.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to reload the .ahk script after I calibrated.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
By Zomba 2021-07-15 13:26:25  
Someone made me aware of this and while I don't play FFXI anymore this is exactly what I wanted if I went back for a free log on period.

Such amazing work here!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
By Eaglestriker 2021-08-16 15:08:11  
@Aliekber @Icydeath
The addon is awesome, and I'm especially fond of the beautiful skillchain implementation. Any chance we'll get a magic burst UI as well?

Edit: Nvm, I sat down and did it myself. Will upload it sometime the next days.

Edit 2: Will have to lay this off for a while. I didn't account for the numerous sources of Magic Burst there are (Blue, Dark, Divine, Elemental, Enfeebling, Healing, Summoning Magic, Ninjutsu and Songs; plus the fact that Elemental Magic spells turn into skillchains under the influence of Immanence). The programming part isn't so hard, but putting together a readable list that can be accessed to know if a spell can magic burst or not. The original one only accounts for skillchain properties, sadly. I will work on it bit by bit and upload it when it's finished.

Edit 3: Didn't have much time over the last few months, but this changed a week ago. I am currently working on it, the list is finished, the programming is done, everything works fine so far. However, the previous version has some bugs that I'm currently fixing. And in addition to that, there are a few special cases (BLU, SAM, DNC, RDM, DRG, BRD, RUN, GEO) that require me to level jobs that I haven't leveled yet. Due to this, it will take a bit longer for me to bring the project to a satisfying state. If anyone wants to test it out before I'm finished, just write me a quick PM.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [141 days between previous and next post]
By shubb1282 2022-01-04 22:24:17  
Thank you for the addon. Having a little trouble.

Using PS4 controller plugged in with usb. Direct input. I mapped my buttons all how I want them, but they are not registering as the correct button press.

Cross is showing as square(button 2)
square is showing as triangle (button 1)
triangle is showing as circle (button 4)
circle is showing as cross (button 3)

this included when doing mapping and after when looking at activation of crossbar while holding triggers. everything else lines up perfect.

Any help is appreciated
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-01-05 09:03:40  
shubb1282 said: »
Thank you for the addon. Having a little trouble.

Using PS4 controller plugged in with usb. Direct input. I mapped my buttons all how I want them, but they are not registering as the correct button press.

Cross is showing as square(button 2)
square is showing as triangle (button 1)
triangle is showing as circle (button 4)
circle is showing as cross (button 3)

this included when doing mapping and after when looking at activation of crossbar while holding triggers. everything else lines up perfect.
Any help is appreciated

Verify that you are setup to use direct input or xinput in your gamepad config in the FFXI settings.

Then while actually using the add-on check taskbar tray for the 2 .ahk scripts try exiting one of these
By shubb1282 2022-01-05 11:45:45  
In FFXI config, gamepad settings? I do not have xi input checked. It's never worked correct for me.

I fumbled through most of the lua's and could not find where the button press number(shown in joysticktest AHK) equated to square, triangle, cross, circle) Everything I found seemed to be post this relationship.

As a last ditch effort I tried all the other AHK files included. I was not very scientific in my method so there could be an easier route here, but using AHK script from the AHKs folder labeled ffxi_directinput - PS5 the button mapping was correct. I had a few glitches getting full functionality though, so renamed to match the directinput AHK script included in main xivcrossbar folder, and moved this script out of AHKS folder into main xivcrossbar folder. restarted game, and autohotkey, remapped, and all seems to be working for now.

Not sure why this misalignment, gamepad config/setup has always been very glitchy for me through the years, once running it's very stable, but if given a few months off it takes some work to get running again. With current laptop, it seems to get ffxi to see the controller requires a laptop restart with usb plugged in is the only way for ffxi to see it. Once working this won't be required, but if I take a break for period of time this has worked every time.

Thank you for the help, if you think there's a better way, I'll give it a try. Going to roll with this for now, see if I can get used to this after all these years
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [73 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-03-19 17:39:10  
EDITS:
Crossbar sets issue is semi figured out, but it is still troublesome due to how easily I can accidentally delete all of my progress during the initial bindings.

Is there also any way to disable the crossbar while I have menus open? It's taking me a bit to adjust to the fact that I can't use the triggers for fast navigation without setting something off and in the end I'd still be slower navigating them as a result.
Edit:I've come upon the bootleg solution of just having a crossbar set that doesn't use the directional keys and swapping to that when I want to sort through inventory.
I don't know how long this will last until I get bored, but I am also cropping a bunch of old ffxiv icons to make the UI look better. 40 x 40 is the correct size I should be making these?

I also need to figure out how to move it slightly to the right and down to take advantage of the space I made for it.

Testing in Sheol C went well except for the major problem of the targeting bug I saw on a previous page rearing it's head. I have made a fresh reinstall and will see how things go as well as see how things run if i disable one of the two .ahk running.

initial testing of brd binds reveals there's no accounting for pianissimo. Eg. I go to bind a buff song and there's no menu for selecting a targeting type. I can probably edit that manually, but that is a slight oversight.

I have also found an error where cursna (and presumably the rest of the -na/erase) and enhancing spells do not have an stpc option and instead of stnpc.

Binding things to the default set isn't binding anything to the all jobs default file that I wanted to edit so that the basic gearswap commands would be ready for all jobs in one go. Instead they seem to be binding to the job-subjob file instead.

The R1 button should probably be remapped to cycle through saved crossbar sets like it does in ffxiv for jobs overloaded on roles/spells like rdm ,whm, sch, and war as an example. Rdm doesn't have enough room for enfeebles, cures, nuking, andbuffs at the same time. War (and other DD jobs nowadays) have to constantly swap between weapons.

Macro deletion is figured out. If i select "add new set", anything other than typing in a new set (including extra presses of the enter key) will delete all previous sets.
 Asura.Cheapbazaar
By Asura.Cheapbazaar 2022-04-02 13:18:17  
Is there a way to switch hotbars via text commands? like say? //xivcrossbar set currentxbar hotbar27

P.S. (Huge fan of this addon btw it completely revitalized this game for me)
 Asura.Eyeshark
user: eyeshark
By Asura.Eyeshark 2022-04-21 13:51:48  
First off, Aliekber, INCREDIBLE ADDON!

Icydeath, your adjustment to the AHK script fixed the double-input issue for me and many others it seems!

Open Question:
I am curious if it's possible to edit the AHK script so that the left and right bumpers perform the same action as the left and right DPad buttons.

My Desired Outcome
  • To still be able to use left/right Dpad to navigate menus (or cycle targets left/right).

• To be able to cycle targets to the left with L-Bumper and to the right with R-Bumper (as you can by default with L/R DPad).

I could do this in the FFXiPadConfig but this isn't exactly ideal due to it unmapping the L/R DPad in the process.

I've looked at the AHK script and it's pretty complex. Any help is greatly appreciated!
By HunterHog 2022-05-15 17:12:29  
First time posting, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly, but here goes.

Regarding the post above:

Asura.Eyeshark said: »
First off, Aliekber, INCREDIBLE ADDON!

Icydeath, your adjustment to the AHK script fixed the double-input issue for me and many others it seems!

Open Question:
I am curious if it's possible to edit the AHK script so that the left and right bumpers perform the same action as the left and right DPad buttons.

My Desired Outcome
  • To still be able to use left/right Dpad to navigate menus (or cycle targets left/right).

• To be able to cycle targets to the left with L-Bumper and to the right with R-Bumper (as you can by default with L/R DPad).

I could do this in the FFXiPadConfig but this isn't exactly ideal due to it unmapping the L/R DPad in the process.

I've looked at the AHK script and it's pretty complex. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I found myself in need of bumper targeting as well - I've grown accustomed to Windower's Tab addon functionality as it makes targeting objects and enemies quite easy, and I was having difficulty adjusting. I delved into the AHK script and made a pretty simply change - it simply changes the XInput script to have Left Bumper and Right Bumper send Shift-Tab and Tab respectively, so it should work properly targeting-wise with or without the Tab addon. At least for XInput, as that's what I'm using.

ffxi_xinput.ahk

As for my own inquiry, I'd be interested to see the SMN-swapping functionality that was added. I can't seem to find where it is in the luas. Mostly to see if I could replicate XIVHotbar's functionality for the Light Arts/Dark Arts swap and potentially the weapon swap as well.

Edited to add:
Well, I found where it was after a bit more searching. Guess I'm blind.

I fixed a few things with IcyDeath's changes regarding spaces in the summon names, and added Light Arts/Dark Arts compatibility. Crossbar names don't require spaces for this, so "airspirit" or "lightarts" for example should work with it correctly.

If you're interested, here you go:
player.lua
[+]
By Aeronar 2022-05-23 18:26:44  
This add on looks great! Thanks for all the hard work on it. I would love to get it working on the steam deck but I don’t think autohotkey works on Linux. Can I use an alternate program in place of it or is it required?
 Bismarck.Moghedian
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Moggly
By Bismarck.Moghedian 2022-06-05 00:21:33  
Asura.Eyeshark said: »

My Desired Outcome

I know this is a little old, but may help others who come along.

For the case of directinput, you can add the following code to the ffxi_directinput file (just edit it in notepad or notepad++).
Code
; Tab with right bumper
Joy6::
If WinActive("ahk_class FFXiClass") {
  If (isLeftTriggerDown or isRightTriggerDown) {
	SendInput {Tab}
	}
}
return

; Tab with left bumper
Joy5::
If WinActive("ahk_class FFXiClass") {
  If (isLeftTriggerDown or isRightTriggerDown) {
    SendInput {Shift}
	SendInput {Tab}
	}
}
return

If this doesn't work as intended, confirm which button ID is which bumper using the script Aliekber linked to in the readme. Change Joy5 or 6 to whatever number your bumpers are. Same method applies if your buttons don't reconcile with the symbols in the ahk script.

Be aware, if you have the bumpers assigned to another action in FFXIConfig, those will fire as well. For me I only have LB assigned to autorun, so they work fine together.

If using the Tab addon, the bumpers will only <stnpc> but you can still dpad left and right as normal for all other targeting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-06-05 05:25:05  
Ooh. perfect. I woulda gone with left being targetnpc or tab and right being f12 in order to get ws/quick draw sets unstuck. I'm gonna go try and edit that later today.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-11 12:12:39  
Any way to edit the pallet swap delay timer?
I wanna swap faster to MB on nin
By Aliekber 2022-06-24 23:30:08  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Any way to edit the pallet swap delay timer?
I wanna swap faster to MB on nin
I don't think I'm going to make that configurable, but if you want to change it yourself, look at hide_player_environments in environment_chooser.lua.

It should be straightforward to reduce the timeouts there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-06-25 00:47:36  
Thank you, I will try that out.

Did you ever find the source of the lag?
I am finding that after doing repeated ws that they tend to go off progressively later.

Is this similar to what you were experiencing on the steam deck?
By Aliekber 2022-06-25 03:06:16  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Thank you, I will try that out.

Did you ever find the source of the lag?
I am finding that after doing repeated ws that they tend to go off progressively later.

Is this similar to what you were experiencing on the steam deck?
The issue on the Steam Deck was more of a full-system slowdown. I'm still not sure what the cause is.
By Aliekber 2022-06-25 03:08:46  
Aeronar said: »
This add on looks great! Thanks for all the hard work on it. I would love to get it working on the steam deck but I don’t think autohotkey works on Linux. Can I use an alternate program in place of it or is it required?
Yes, I wrote a Python script that replaces AHK for this on Linux systems. I will upload it as soon as I can get it off my Steam Deck. I can't guarantee it isn't the cause of the slowdown I've been seeing when playing FFXI on the Deck though, but it's something at the least.

Edit: it's been pushed to Github. Use FFXI_Input.sh to start the script, because it gets FFXI's pid and passes it to FFXI_Input.py for you.
By Aliekber 2022-06-25 03:24:29  
I should also mention that I finally got off my butt and tackled the backlog of bugs that needed fixing. This last year has been kind of crazy for me, but things finally look to be settling down, so I'm back to improving XIVCrossbar.

Pet commands and Strategems should bind correctly now, and the dpad-party selection fix is in vanilla (non-IcyDeath) XIVCrossbar.

I also added double-tap crossbars that you can enable by increasing settings.global.Hotbar.Number to 6 in settings.xml. You can jump to these crossbars by hitting one of the triggers twice in quick succession (like double-clicking a mouse), which means you can now have up to 48 bindings per crossbar set.

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11