フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » August BST Update
August BST Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-08-03 20:04:05  
People beat dyna before cor had naegling. Doesnt change that it put cor well above most DDs because of it.

Clearing content before a job change doesnt chage the fact that said job can now be more impactful than others post change.
By Spaitin 2020-08-03 20:40:56  
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
People beat dyna before cor had naegling. Doesnt change that it put cor well above most DDs because of it.
Ive done most dyna D wave three without bst or rdm. infact my fastest run was missing both of them. weird.

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
This gotta be a troll post. If you think bst is slighty behind a drk in dps.
Yeah, they are a big troll. I mean, most people in this thread have all done all content. lol 5-10% behind.

Reading through other posts that person is in has the same results, rants about extremely bizarre claims. just remember, bst is strong (despite the fact it cant cap attack on it's own, even with non geo help) because better jobs are not always on.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-08-03 20:48:47  
Spaitin said: »
Ive done most dyna D wave three without bst or rdm. infact my fastest run was missing both of them. weird.

This gotta be a troll post. If you think bst is slighty behind a drk in dps.
Yeah, they are a big troll. I mean, most people in this thread have all done all content. lol 5-10% behind.

Reading through other posts that person is in has the same results, rants about extremely bizarre claims. just remember, bst is strong (despite the fact it cant cap attack on it's own, even with non geo help) because better jobs are not always on.

How fast you clear is irrelevant; the important thing is consistency, and what you can do to make up for a mistake.

It doesnt matter if i have a job that does 50k/auto attack and capped 9s per WS if that job has 1 HP and dies to a fart in the wind.
By Jetackuu 2020-08-03 20:50:37  
If it comes down between a geo and a rdm, I'll take a rdm to dyna. there's only 3 fights where you're stationary enough to geo to be fully useful and 1 of those is weak as hell, the other can be done, I've yet to do the last. But not having the debuffs and haste machine, seems folly. But hey, I'm usually after $, so.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-08-03 20:52:10  
Jetackuu said: »
If it comes down between a geo and a rdm, I'll take a rdm to dyna. there's only 3 fights where you're stationary enough to geo to be fully useful and 1 of those is weak as hell, the other can be done, I've yet to do the last. But not having the debuffs and haste machine, seems folly. But hey, I'm usually after $, so.

My group used to go with 3 geos, then 2 geos, then we did multiple runs with a single geo. But no run would we ever go without a RDM
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-08-03 20:54:18  
How fast you clear is irrelevant; the important thing is consistency, and what you can do to make up for a mistake.
Never had issues with consistency with or without rdm. I think you just found a hill to stand on. A weird hill.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-08-03 21:03:15  
Asura.Gotenn said: »

My group used to go with 3 geos, then 2 geos, then we did multiple runs with a single geo. But no run would we ever go without a RDM
mileage can vary, and "without a rdm" I mean "without a good rdm" having a crap rdm is just bad...
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-08-03 21:05:04  
Its also depends on how you use buffs or who your dd are. You dont need a debuff bubble til bosses and you dont even neeed a rdm in group outside of maybe a thf rdm and blu volte mob. Most mobs dont even last long enough for a rdm to debuff so outside of haste its in the same boat as geo if you bring it down to that.
By Spaitin 2020-08-03 21:05:05  
I've yet to do the last
the last? you mean the boss? THat is the only one remotely tough
By Jetackuu 2020-08-03 21:07:02  
I've yet to do the last
the last? you mean the boss? THat is the only one remotely tough
lolwut? w3 boss is pretty easy, it's the w2 boss that can get annoying, depending on zone/setup. But I digress.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-08-03 21:07:54  
Asura.Gotenn said: »

mileage can vary, and "without a rdm" I mean "without a good rdm" having a crap rdm is just bad...

I guess its different for different people, but "good" would be more than required before we let you replace our "amazing" RDMs
By Jetackuu 2020-08-03 21:08:00  
Its also depends on how you use buffs or who your dd are. You dont need a debuff bubble til bosses and you dont even neeed a rdm in group outside of maybe a thf rdm and blu volte mob. Most mobs dont even last long enough for a rdm to debuff so outside of haste its in the same boat as geo if you bring it down to that.
More/less.
By Spaitin 2020-08-03 21:08:21  
lolwut? w3 boss is pretty easy, it's the w2 boss that can get annoying, depending on zone/setup. But I digress.
I don't disagree that wave 3 boss is easy. The only ones easier were the other bosses though. They are mostly harmless with a semi awake group. Dont know what you mean by "yet to do the last"
By nando 2020-08-03 23:56:53  
i have not read rest of the form post yet, but 2 big underlining issue that also need to address is the fact right the number of items a beastmaster need to carry. the number of jugs, pet food and dawn mulsum(not stacking) needs to be addressed. Would like the see pets switch to learned item called forth by a single universal tool, similar to ninja tool or cor trump cards.

second while the accuracy buff is sorely needed, pets eva and def needs to address, this need to adjust in the same way that the accuracy buff coming. where the master is required to be engaged, other wise reduce chance of becoming over powered of abused. ive taken may of pets into HTMB or end game fights just to see them get one shot by a single AoE even with a decent pet DT or pet PDT set.

just as a side note, why are some of the current jug pet missing common abilities, for instants Fleet Reinhard(raptor) is missing "Frost Breath" and few other moves, which are common. i would also like to see single target magic brusting and enfeebling options, to many of times in group content i have had to restrain myself form using pet abilities due to aggroing area or waking slept mobs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-04 02:16:05  
SimonSes said: »
I might be wrong and just dont know how to exploit GEO to the fullest to beat usefulness of other support tho.
That is probably it.

Tell me then. When and for what physical setup would you use geo over BRD and COR?
By Jetackuu 2020-08-04 08:20:05  
I don't disagree that wave 3 boss is easy. The only ones easier were the other bosses though. They are mostly harmless with a semi awake group. Dont know what you mean by "yet to do the last"
and blocked.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-08-04 18:13:01  
SimonSes said: »
Tell me then. When and for what physical setup would you use geo over BRD and COR?
Deff the wrong thread for this.

Your question isnt clear, do you mean have a geo replace BOTH a cor and bard? Then never? or just one of them? Then quite a few scenarios

If replacing the bard only. Bard caps haste and acc by itself and can help with attack (but not cap it). A geo can cap attack and haste by itself and help with acc (can cap on certain fights by itself). So, the short of it, geo is a better replacement anywhere you would not need much acc. So like all of zitah, all but WOC on ruan, t1-3 reis and onychophora. Most omen bosses and zergs. Most ambu you can get just go with geo to cap attack acc and haste. This is really handy imo because 4 song HM bard is a rarer party member to find. Geo is also quicker at shifting from offense/defense. Geo imo generally is better in low buff.

The obviouus situations, geo bubbles dont get dispelled. So any fight where dispelga is a thing then geo will do well. GEO is the best buffer for fu imo. If you have to choose between one and the other. The majority of the time geo is a no brainer.

As for cor? pretty obvious as well. Any time you need haste/acc/atk then geo will be a better slot. Can get geo to cap acc haste and attack on neak while cor cant.

i.e. I have done schah a few times with geo cor whm ddx2 run and found it to be extremely quick and easy that way. Even faster than when I use a bard. Geo is generally the better choice if you are forced to choose. Usually better to go with geo cor bard and forget the tank imo. i almost never use a tank.

If you have a bard and cor, replace the bard. If you only have a bard or cor, geo is a better single slot than either. Usually
and blocked.
lol