Localization Errors (Typos) - English Client
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-08-09 15:06:07  
Updated OP, lets hope we get some new fixes soon... We are adding more issues than removing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-08-15 12:15:04  
Founder's Greaves (ID: 28330) - Terror resistance +50 statistic should be Terror resistance +30. This is correct on the JP version.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-08-21 22:00:43  
Death Penalty (Level 119 III, ID: 21268) - Says "Aftermath: Increases Ranged Accuracy and Ranged Attack Occasionally attacks twice or thrice". Should say "Aftermath: Inc. Rng. Acc./Rng. Atk. Occ. deals double or triple damage". This is the only version of Death Penalty that has this incorrect wording on it.

Gastraphetes (Level 119 III, ID: 21266) - Says "Aftermath: Increases Ranged Accuracy and Ranged Attack". Should say "Aftermath: Inc. Rng. Acc./Rng. Atk. Occ. deals double or triple damage". This is the only version of Gastraphetes that has this incorrect wording on it.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-09-06 22:13:29  
21423 Tardus Grup Should be Tardus Grip.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-09-24 19:20:40  
Updated OP

[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-09-25 07:15:11  
Minor nitpick, but the Hiz. Somen +2 has a stray 0x81 byte in it that the client displays as a space due to not being in basic ASCII map.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2021-09-25 13:46:54  
The base Mythic weapon obtainment quest (Forging a New Myth) starting cutscene refers to a particular NPC as both Zarafeehl (three times) and Zaragfeehl (only once, probably a typo).
[+]
 Odin.Bangla
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2021-10-09 08:32:07  
Inconsistent text between Orvail ring and Orvail ring +1: The lines "Increases rate of synthesis success by %" and "Decreases likelihood of synthesis material loss +%" are swapped.

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-11-14 05:43:02  
I don't know if this is localization or just a bug, but I've been getting messages about my remaining access to the assist channel like:
Code
You will no longer be able to chat in this channel in 5 hours.

However, the progression was:
* 5 hour warning
* <8 seconds elapse>
* 3 hour warning
* <2 minutes elapse>
* 1 hour
* <0 seconds elapse>
* No longer to able to use the channel message

You can't really swap "hour" for "second" and come up with anything sensible either, so I don't know.

PS. I also never figured out how to use the channel anyway. It's not /assist, so . . . ?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-14 06:53:31  
/assiste and /assistj, I believe.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-11-14 13:26:53  
A ultimate grammar nazi Thread. their real good at there job, they're you go, have meme now?

I'm only messing. I hope SE comes across this one day, it would save them a lot of time.
 Odin.Bangla
サーバ: Odin
user: Ceal
By Odin.Bangla 2021-12-03 04:08:56  
Thunderer's Mantle is written as Thunderer Mantle in the inventory menu.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-12-06 18:23:42  
Ankusa jackcoat +1 (ID: 26817) - "Magic Accuracy+64" should be "Magic Evasion+64"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-12-10 05:39:42  
It has been a minute and I'm not sure exactly what it's in reference to, but Gulmama in Northern Sandy says "The improved tuning fork was used by that rougue...?" for some reason, which should instead be "rogue"
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2021-12-10 18:14:15  
Didn't see this in the OP so not sure if it's been documented somewhere already, but one thing that's bothered me for years now is the message you get when entering certain content like reives where trusts can be summoned during combat.

It says:
"Alter egos may be used here without any effect on enmity."

It should say:
"Alter egos may be used here regardless of enmity."
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2021-12-10 22:15:47  
Here's another: if you speak to Coelestrox repeatedly while a +3 reforge is in progress, you will eventually be asked if you want to cancel the process. The resulting dialogue box contains a punctuation typo ("/" should be "." or possibly "!").

[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-12-12 21:56:37  
The title for killing Arebati has a typo:
Arepati Assaulter should be Arebati Assaulter
[+]
By Tathamet 2021-12-16 10:51:58  
Not sure if bug or localization error:

".." instead of "Peculiar Foes VI (M)" and "Peculiar Foes VII (M)"

It appears fine in the RoE log, but dots ya when you set it.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-16 16:53:26  
Not so much a typo as a forgotten piece of unupdated text, but ballista Marshall mentions there being chevron for each of the 20 jobs, when spoilers run and geo also had them added so it should say 22 now
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-12-19 05:43:19  
Omen's entry dialogue is messed up, but in writing this I understand why it slipped through QA. It's a bit complicated to explain and the finer details probably didn't make it to the localization team.

Omen uses a ticketing system, so each person that registers is given a ticket with a number on it sequentially. You might see a similar system in a store or DMV where you take a number and wait instead of standing in line.

However, when you try to enter Omen, it says:
"You are currently number X in line, with Y in front of you."

In this case, if you accept the dialogue choice you will receive the number X+1, so X is the last ticket someone took. The next ticket called will always be Y+1, so Y is the last ticket that entered. That's very confusing, because if you imagine it saying:
"You are currently number 460 in line, with 456 in front of you." it sounds like you have a very long wait ahead of you but actually only 5 tickets need to be called (457, 458, 459, 460, 461).

In meat counter terminology, this should be something more like.
"Last ticket was X. Now serving Y."

I don't remember whether the same problem exists for Ambuscade, but it probably does
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-12-19 08:03:25  
Yea, pretty sure every entry system that has the queueing is messed up in a similar way. You tune it out after a few runs, but it really is incredibly misleading for anyone who isn't used to it yet.
[+]
By Bazing 2021-12-19 18:16:57  
Dunno if posted yet but: the 700 Deeds reward Microcosmic Orb shows x5 at the Deeds NPC, while it is x1 ofc.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-21 03:05:52  
Shiftrix says "The time remaining until the Domain Invasion commences has been shorted to x seconds. Didn't check the other NPCs for DI, but if it's a copy/paste job, would be there also.
 Valefor.Kriz
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2021-12-21 08:57:13  
I've got three ones today.

Divinator has two periods after Lv.

Also note that some Animators have a space between Lvl and the number, and some (most of the 119 ones) don't. It's certainly inconsistent.

When turning in Job Points for Oboro, on at least the Aeonic subitem, there's a space in front of Warrior.

When doing the Rune Fencer AF quiz section, Liement is spelled "Liemont". Just in case this was a red herring, I had a quiz round where Liement was the correct answer.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-12-28 05:20:00  
There is a Unity (Shared F) objective (at least for Apururu) titled "Van. Vermin . Ph. Dmg. F (UC)" It's missing a "w"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-12-29 13:51:09  
The item "lynx collar" has a log name of "lynx collars".

They should probably both be "lynx collar" because the icon is of a single collar.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-01-14 20:13:44  
Working on updating OP with January 2022's fixes as well as all of these new reports.

I noticed they updated spacing in "Magic Damage +xx" to be "Magic Damage+xx" for us without anyone reporting it. We might need to run a query on the database to see if they missed any (including weapons)

We probably need to re-verify many of the pet errors that were reported, and misc other help text things. It would be easiest to do this in-game rather than dig through a bunch of DATs.

Sandogasa +1 (ID: 23754) - There is no space between "{{Ice}}+10" and "{{Water}}+10"

Fire Crest Card (ID: 9764) - upon changing the name, the singular log name is now "fire crestcard" and it needs a space.
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-02-03 16:02:41  
(ID: 27249) Chevalier's Cuisses
(ID: 27250) Chevalier's Cuisses +1
(ID: 27423) Chevalier's Sabatons
(ID: 27424) Chevalier's Sabatons +1

Similar to a previously reported issue with RUN empyrean armor: the descriptions for these items all say "Occasionally absorbs damage taken" and neglect to mention that this is a set bonus. Other pieces in the set say "Set: Occ. absorbs damage taken".

Also wanted to throw in another shameless plug for including this one (assuming once again that I'm not missing it somewhere in the OP — it definitely hasn't been fixed in-game):
Shiva.Carrelo said: »
Didn't see this in the OP so not sure if it's been documented somewhere already, but one thing that's bothered me for years now is the message you get when entering certain content like reives where trusts can be summoned during combat.

It says:
"Alter egos may be used here without any effect on enmity."

It should say:
"Alter egos may be used here regardless of enmity."
:)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 8 9 10