言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Zomorrodnegar vs. The other Swords
Zomorrodnegar vs. The other Swords
First Page 2
By Cicatrinz 2020-07-10 00:59:40  
I searched through the forums here, and I have seen a lot of mixed reviews on Zomo. I have this sword, it's not max aug'd but it's stupidly good. Has it been left out of the testing I have read for a reason? The Follow-up Attack seems absolutely broken, mine is currently only 24% chance for a follow-up, and I regularly animation lock weapon skills with ~1500 tp. I know a lot of the craze is around Tiz with AM3 (which I don't have yet) and, in my experience, Zomo produces REALLY good numbers on all Weapon Skills. My CDC's on ilvl 128-135 content (UNM's) are varied, but steadily between 14k-20k, with the following CDC the same, and into 30k Lights. I do this literally instantly. When I get Cor and Geo buffs, my CDC's regularly hit for 25k or more, and I have done back-to-back Light SC's for 60k+. I will post video's and my data as soon as I can, but I'm currently sitting here waiting for servers to come up after this Sheol-B and Login Point Maintenance, and read a lot of the stuff here.

tl;dr: Why does it seem Path B Zomo has been left out of any real testing? The sword seems ludicrous.
 Asura.Kusare
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-07-10 01:14:51  
mainly due to setting. cdc self light is still very powerful solo or lowman, but when you're in a buffed group (dyna d etc.) it loses ground rapidly to savage blade or expiacion numbers, for which you want naegling or tizona and thibron offhand.
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-07-10 02:40:39  
Cicatrinz said: »
When I get Cor and Geo buffs, my CDC's regularly hit for 25k or more, and I have done back-to-back Light SC's for 60k+.

Because without Cor and Geo buffs, Expia will do 25k and more

Also, assuming you have 30% DA and 20% TA in gear/trait/subjob, the expected hits per round are

Tizona AM3
Weap Tiz Tib
S.Atk 0.18 0.56
D.Atk 0.84 0.48
T.Atk 1.20 0.60
Total 2.22 1.64 = 3.86

Zomo
Weap Zom* Offhand
S.Atk 0.84 0.56
D.Atk 0.72 0.48
T.Atk 0.90 0.60
Total 2.46 1.64 = 4.10

(*this just multiplied the no of expected hit by 1.5, 50% normal attack and 50% 2 attack rounds which can both DA/TA etc, which is how i understand it works with Rostam. This could be wrong but Rostam path A doesn't apply to range attack so i presumed path B doesn't give another attack round to offhand weapon either.)

So with what I feels like is the normal amount of DA/TA, Zomo doesn't add that much more expected attack per round than Tizona AM3 (More DA/TA favour Zomo, less favour Tizona.) while Tizona add 50% damage to Expiacion which with Thibron just deal more damage than CdC.

Heck, my RDM's Savage Blade with Nagling/Thib deal more damage than CdC.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2020-07-10 05:50:42  
Bahamut.Suph said: »
When I get Cor and Geo buffs, my CDC's regularly hit for 25k or more, and I have done back-to-back Light SC's for 60k+.

Because without Cor and Geo buffs, Expia will do 25k and more

Also, assuming you have 30% DA and 20% TA in gear/trait/subjob, the expected hits per round are

Tizona AM3
Weap Tiz Tib
S.Atk 0.18 0.56
D.Atk 0.84 0.48
T.Atk 1.20 0.60
Total 2.22 1.64 = 3.86

Zomo
Weap Zom* Offhand
S.Atk 0.84 0.56
D.Atk 0.72 0.48
T.Atk 0.90 0.60
Total 2.46 1.64 = 4.10

(*this just multiplied the no of expected hit by 1.5, 50% normal attack and 50% 2 attack rounds which can both DA/TA etc, which is how i understand it works with Rostam. This could be wrong but Rostam path A doesn't apply to range attack so i presumed path B doesn't give another attack round to offhand weapon either.)

So with what I feels like is the normal amount of DA/TA, Zomo doesn't add that much more expected attack per round than Tizona AM3 (More DA/TA favour Zomo, less favour Tizona.) while Tizona add 50% damage to Expiacion which with Thibron just deal more damage than CdC.

Heck, my RDM's Savage Blade with Nagling/Thib deal more damage than CdC.

People may not like it because of how long it enjoyed the limelight, but CDC is situational now.
[+]
By Cicatrinz 2020-07-10 06:08:44  
Thank you for the constructive replies! I will definitely need to build, after Death Penalty. You guys are made of awesome.
By geigei 2020-07-10 06:21:29  
Asura.Byrne said: »
CDC is situational now

In that scenario posted above cdc>cdc>light shits on expia spam tho.
By Taint 2020-07-10 06:37:07  
geigei said: »
Asura.Byrne said: »
CDC is situational now

In that scenario posted above cdc>cdc>light shits on expia spam tho.

Attack capped Expiacion hits for 50k with R15 Tizona.

CDC just can’t compete even with light and R15 Almace.

Requiescat > Expiacion = darkness too. I use this SC to farm most content.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-07-10 07:09:58  
Make tiz, use tiz, love tiz.
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-07-10 09:47:55  
Thank you for the constructive replies! I will definitely need to build, after Death Penalty. You guys are made of awesome.

Death Penalty then Tizona was the order I made my first 2 mythics as well, you won't regret them. Also while extra expiacion damage is nice, never running out of mp is even nicer.

No Zomo
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 09:52:00  
I'm going myself Tizona > Burtgang > Death Penalty. Tizona is already AG, Burtgang is about 20% done though.
By geigei 2020-07-10 09:56:33  
Taint said: »
Attack capped
Blu cap att on apex w/o support?

Edit: my fav sc is savage>expia for distortion.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-07-10 10:36:32  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Burtgang
[+]
By Taint 2020-07-10 10:42:06  
geigei said: »
Taint said: »
Attack capped
Blu cap att on apex w/o support?

Edit: my fav sc is savage>expia for distortion.

Apex is not important...50k doing content with support.
I lean on darkness since it mirrors or more. Those 50-99k darkness SCs really add up.

And Burtgang is one of the worst Mythics just saying.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 10:58:13  
I'm glad you have your opinion.

I don't agree with you, but hey, it doesn't matter.

I mean, if you consider the best tanking sword in the game to be the worst mythic to make, by all means, that's your view. That doesn't mean it's right.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-10 11:04:36  

I mean, if you consider the best tanking sword in the game to be the worst mythic to make, by all means, that's your view. That doesn't mean it's right.

I think he's referring more to the job Burtang is attached to being in a very bad place right now. Burtang is definitely one of the better mythics, if anything by the shear virtue that it's actually useful while most aren't.
By Viciouss 2020-07-10 11:11:16  

What are you taking paladin to tho?
By Pantafernando 2020-07-10 11:19:34  
To port jeuno
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 11:21:08  
Viciouss said: »

Dynamis D (puller, main tank on bosses), Omen (main tank), the few Ambuscades that requires a tank, Vagary for boss fights, Aeonics runs where I get to tank and not be COR.

There's many events where tanks are still needed. Better to have a good/great tank who isn't a strong DD than have a good/great tank who is also a strong DD. Although, my BLU is up there now...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 11:22:41  
I mean, sure, I get that people like RUN better than PLD. But don't discount PLD, it's still a strong tank.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-07-10 11:23:10  
Viciouss said: »

I mean, you can still use paladin for damn near any fight. It's rarely ideal but it's workable. The doom and gloom over pally is way overstated, better to have a competent paladin than a bad rune fencer.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-07-10 11:23:54  
Pantafernando said: »
To port jeuno

PLD will forever be my true love, but yeah. It's not in a good place, and unless things have changed dramatically from the last time I really played, that isn't going to change. The things that PLD is good at aren't needed, or are done better by RUN.

I mean I still play it when I log in, but I'm not exactly doing high end stuff.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 11:26:54  
Look, any sword that gives both Enmity+ and reduces Enmity delay is already top tier. Add the 18% PDTII on top of it, and that's icing on the cake.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-10 11:44:22  
RUN can tank just as well as PLD, however it can deal heavy damage in the process. Why get a tank with hot garbage dps when you can get a tank with solid dps? Its not like PLD is any better at the tanking thing than RUN.

This is presuming both jobs are equally geared, no comparing Mythic PLD to sparks RUN.
By SimonSes 2020-07-10 12:11:29  
Bahamut.Suph said: »
Zomo
Weap Zom* Offhand
S.Atk 0.84 0.56
D.Atk 0.72 0.48
T.Atk 0.90 0.60
Total 2.46 1.64 = 4.10

This is not how it works. Its not x1.5 its +0.5
Zomo will always add 0.5 whatever your MA is, because its completely independent thing. It simply has 50% chance to happen or not.

If you have 100%TA for example. You will attack 6 times total (while dual wielding) and still has 50% chance to follow up so 6.5 If you have 0% multi attack you will have 2.5 attacks, 2 base and 50% for follow up attack.

so fixed it would
Quote:
Total 2.12 1.64 = 3.76
By Taint 2020-07-10 12:12:53  
Asura.Saevel said: »

I think he's referring more to the job Burtang is attached to being in a very bad place right now. Burtang is definitely one of the better mythics, if anything by the shear virtue that it's actually useful while most aren't.

PLD doesn’t need it to do any content and it doesn’t speed up any fights. AM is a pain to keep up and tied to a ***WS. The whole sword comes down to baller emnity, emnity loss reduction and an emnity WS for a job that doesn’t have emnity problems.

Tizona changes BLU. (DPS and MP). DP is broken when supported.

I don’t feel like going down the list but Burt ranks in the bottom
Half to near the bottom depending on your job preference and party make up.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-10 12:17:51  
If you are basing your opinion on only DPS, you missing the point of a tank.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-10 12:24:39  
Is PLD any better at tanking than RUN? How many situations are there where having a RUN rank would make you go "well ***, we shoulda brought a PLD instead"?

Not many, if any. So once you've assessed that both jobs are equal at the tanking thing, which would be in holding hate (which, by the way, doing damage is very good at this) and mitigating damage, the next step is how to kill the mob faster, which is where the dps check comes in.
By SimonSes 2020-07-10 12:24:40  
Going back to topic, Path B Zomo still has its place in Subtle Blow set. Could potentially do some cool solo tactics with it and TP reset spells.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-07-10 13:13:09  
I feel like its easier to sustain oneself w/out support on pld than run, because of, you know, curing.
By Taint 2020-07-10 13:43:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I feel like its easier to sustain oneself w/out support on pld than run, because of, you know, curing.

Turms mitts would like to have a word with you. Phalanx, regen and mitts are an incredible combo. Add in Battula for extra parry/healing.
First Page 2