On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 22 23 24
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-10-30 07:37:17  
Is there anyone that can help me out with the stat priorities on the club WS's? I see the stuff posted on BGwiki, and it helps, but still a few things I'm confused about.

I see most of them prioritize MND(sometimes STR too), and a couple of them mention the elemental gorget/belt. But, where do things like attack/DA, etc fall into play? Everything has different percentages for the stat mods. And also, is the elemental gorget belt best for ALL the WS's or just the few that have them listed at the bottom?

Also, are there any of those club WS's that use MAB over attack? I know sometimes people do that with WS's too.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-10-30 08:47:47  
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Is there anyone that can help me out with the stat priorities on the club WS's? I see the stuff posted on BGwiki, and it helps, but still a few things I'm confused about.

I see most of them prioritize MND(sometimes STR too), and a couple of them mention the elemental gorget/belt. But, where do things like attack/DA, etc fall into play? Everything has different percentages for the stat mods. And also, is the elemental gorget belt best for ALL the WS's or just the few that have them listed at the bottom?

Also, are there any of those club WS's that use MAB over attack? I know sometimes people do that with WS's too.

For physical WS, given how Attack starved WHMs tend to be, you will generally want to stack STR if you can for the double dip of Attack and STR mod, outside of perhaps Realmrazer which has an innately high MND mod with 5/5 merits and perhaps Mystic given the 70/30 split. Of course if you are clubbing into the lower end of content with BRD buffs available, you can probably go full into MND as you're probably high in Attack.

For Elemental Gorget and Belt, you want to use those on Weaponskills that transfer their fTP across hits. You have to research each WS but for WHM, the only notable ones should be Hexa Strike and Realmrazer.

For weapon skills in general, each additional swing past the first only adds 1.0 fTP to the overall damage outside of WS that transfer their fTP across all hits, in which case additional DA / TA / QA swings also mirror the fTP

If you are dual wielding and using Realmrazer, there is no reason to use DA / TA / QA gear since you can only have eight swings in one attack round and Realmrazer already has 8 ( 7 base swings plus the one off hand swing ). You can make the argument for Hexa since it's six hits base to use DA and TA gear. Mystic Boon could get some benefit for DA / TA / QA, especially if you whiff your first hit, the subsequent hits can still give you some MP back.

Black Halo and Judgement, you would want to avoid multi hit gear as their 2,000 TP mods have very high fTP so the added 1.0 fTP wouldn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things.

And finally, magical weaponskills get bonuses from MAB and the like and you want to stack that. Daybreak is incredible for those WS as all WHM Club weapon skills are light base and you don't care much about Attack and just about the mods and MAB values. Seraph Strike will generally do more damage than Flash Nova.

If you are a super masochist in the dual wield scenario, building a +1000 TP bonus Magian club benefits Black Halo, Judgement, and Seraph Strike immensely - but this generally means you lose the TP gain on your off hand as it is not an ilvl club.

Anyway, take anything I've said with a grain of salt too - I haven't kept up much with XI anymore and a lot of this info outside of Daybreak is based around my own clubbing days when doing bleeding edge content in Delve. So, if someone wants to correct me, go nuts~
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-10-30 08:57:57  

A couple rules of thumb for weaponskill gearing:

FTP Replicating WS's benefit from Multi-Attack. (Hexa Strike/Realmrazer)

Front loaded WS's (like Savage Blade) where the first hit receives the WS FTP value and all follow on hits receive 1 FTP value WSD over everything else. (Black Halo/Judgment)

Magic Weaponskill and Hybrid Weaponskills value MAB in their weaponskill sets. (Shining Strike/Seraph Strike/Flash Nova)

Some WS's you prize their additional effect more than the weaponskill damage itself at which time you prioritize MACC. (Skullbreaker/Brainshaker)

Crit weaponskills you can stack critical hit damage for guaranteed crit ws's like True Strike, multi hit non guaranteed weaponskills like evisceration/CDC/Hexa you can mix in crit rat and damage for best results.

I hope this helps.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-10-30 09:16:34  
Vaerix said:

Those are maybe not the best examples lol
By Vaerix 2022-10-30 09:19:09  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Vaerix said:

Those are maybe not the best examples lol

LOL those are the only club examples lol
By SimonSes 2022-10-30 10:05:45  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »
Black Halo and Judgement, you would want to avoid multi hit gear as their 2,000 TP mods have very high fTP so the added 1.0 fTP wouldn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things.

"Avoid" isn't the best word here. More like don't prioritize multi hit, because it has low value in this case, but it's still positive for damage :)
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-10-30 13:02:09  
SimonSes said: »
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

"Avoid" isn't the best word here. More like don't prioritize multi hit, because it has low value in this case, but it's still positive for damage :)

Yeah, this is true, though I think the opportunities that allow WHM to double dip in both multi-attack and DPS stats are rare due to the nature of the job, sadly.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-30 21:07:00  
So context is probably important here. If you are looking to do the best you can while dual wielding raetic rod+1s OR the max possible DPS you can realistically do as a WHM.

If your weapons are locked, I would prioritize for mystic boon acc > multi attack > tp bonus/wsd/str/mnd/attack. It needs to hit to get you MP and it doesn't have SC properties to worry about. You can throw it at 1000tp or you can wait to hit harder but it doesn't have much of a sweet spot.

When you don't need MP then go for Hexa, Black Halo, or Judgement. If you can self SC, then you'd be better off opening BH and closing Hexa. You won't be able to hit high values of TP to make Black Halo close hard. Hexa is ~7.8 at 1000 tp before adding fotia and crits with dw, BH needs 2000 tp to be close. If you just want to save up TP and hit something hard, then Judgement is the way to go. Hexa priority is fotia pieces > str/attack > mnd/dex/acc/crit(just ayanmo feet really) > multi attack. BH & Judgement priority is str/tp bonus/wsd/attack > mnd > multi/acc. If you have lots of attacks from buffs then mnd and str switch places.

Raetic rods utterly lack stats to benefit magical WSs. I would avoid using them unless you need to for accuracy or damage resistance properties.

Relic+3, Bunzi, and Nyame all make very good sets for almost all your WS.
----
If you are not locked into raetic rods then there are a lot of possibilities and much of what I've said is either flat wrong or needs significant adjustment.

First off Maxentius exists for physical+magical and is a brute. Daybreak is an amazing piece for magical ws, even in the offhand. Yagrush and Mjollnir are both very good options for kicking ***. I can't conceptualize using Gambanteinn so I won't comment, realm razer is bad imo so Trishtrya doesn't look good either.

If you're using Maxentius then you're using Black Halo as much as possible. Mnd/str/wsd > acc(if problematic)/attack/multi attack. Use moonshade earring for sure, I can't imagine you'd use a tp bonus club because the acc problems. Make sure you have an accurate true strike ws set because it opens for Black Halo. You might even add store TP to make it easier to SC into BH. True Strike > Black Halo = Gravitation > another BH = Fragmentation > Hexa = Light. You can also Hexa > Black Halo for much shorter Light and try to BH at the last possible second to get more tp for a better close.

Daybreak and Bunzi rod make for a very fast club combo that does decent magical WSs. Ideally you have someone opening liquifaction so you can close Seraph Strike with as much tp as you can to make fusion and then nuke divine magic. The results aren't half bad and actually become good against undead for the cost of banish to the amount of damage you can do on a good burst. You can also do Flash Nova twice to make Fragmentation. You want as much str/mnd/wsd/mab/m.dmg as you can get. They give consistent damage numbers so it's easy to see which pieces make the numbers go higher. If you get O.sash or Weatherspoon ring, you get even more light affinity.

Yagrush makes Mystic Boon hit harder and you can AM3 to pick up sizeable bonus to multi attack. If you dont have AM3 up and you have less than 3000tp, then the priorities above are ok. If AM3 is up or going up, you want to drop multi attack for all the other damage stats.

Mjolnir is about making light by just spaming it at 1000tp.

Also don't forget about Staves. Cataclysm, Shell Crusher, Shattersoul, and spirit taker are all useful
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-10-31 20:36:43  
Thank you for all the responses I've gotten on the WS information question. So, I'm going to start out slow, and hopefully branch out to better gear from there in the future as I learn.

I've put together three WS sets based in the information here and gear I have.

Flash Nova:
ItemSet 387933

Hexa Strike:
ItemSet 387931

Mystic Boon:
ItemSet 387930

Any gear recommendations and critiques are welcome.
By Nariont 2022-11-01 03:11:30  
Unless you simply don't have access to it, many of those slots would be better as WSD path nyame, even for something like hexa due to the higher acc and the DA on each piece, Also on hexa bunzi robe/gloves would probably do better as well.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-01 07:49:00  
Plus both Bunzi and Nyame have high DT values in case the mob does something nasty while you WS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-11-01 11:08:35  
The Odyssey gear seems nice, unfortunately, I don't have a group to run that event with. My work schedule keeps me from running with a static group.
By Nariont 2022-11-01 11:21:11  
If you can't run ody then i suppose you've got your best pieces for those slots, soon as you can hit even r15 on the ody gear however most of the jse slots will get replaced, the other thing is orpheus' sash in the nova set, or ele obi if weather/day apply, as well as weatherspoon, assuming you can afford the sash or chose that adoulin ring
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-01 19:01:06  
It is possible to do the first clears solo for odyssey to unlock the gear, but it gets fairly hard without a group after that.

Logical made a video series on how he did it with NIN. Probably a couple other jobs could do it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-11-02 09:14:55  
Just out of curiosity, but does WHM get any combinations for double Light SC's solo with club?
By suuhja 2022-11-02 09:20:35  
Just out of curiosity, but does WHM get any combinations for double Light SC's solo with club?

Randgrith - Randgrith.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-11-02 09:25:23  
suuhja said: »

Randgrith - Randgrith.

That's only 2 WS's. You need at least three to do double Light. So no?
By suuhja 2022-11-02 09:27:21  
In the same way that Rudra - Rudra is double darkness, no. Unless this is literally you asking how to do back-to-back Light and Double Lights, in which case, I misunderstood the question.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-11-02 09:29:17  
In the same way that Rudra - Rudra is double darkness, no.

Than what do you open with? A third Randgrith? Yeah, I want to know if it's possible to do Light > Light solo on WHM.
By SimonSes 2022-11-02 09:34:23  

I guess double darkness is technically darkness made from doing Darkness with darkness>darkness properties, so double Rudra would be that. Some could argue that double darkness is second darkness in the skillchain, so it's made on top of darkness made from gravitation<>distortion with WS with darkness property (evisceration>rudra>rudra for example), which would imply that double darkness has minimum of 3 steps.
By suuhja 2022-11-02 09:36:57  
A lot of people use 'double light' and 'double darkness' to describe the Level 4 Light/Darkness skillchains, so it was just a misundertanding.

To answer your question, Hexa strike - randgrith - randgrith will give light -> level 4 light. Maybe realmrazer too.
By SimonSes 2022-11-02 09:38:39  

Than what do you open with? A third Randgrith? Yeah, I want to know if it's possible to do Light > Light solo on WHM.

following up on my previous comment.

Randgrith has light property
Doing 2x Randgrith makes Light skillchain. you dont need a third WS.

You can add more steps or do double light or even Radiance with Aeonic club and Realmrazer too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2022-11-02 09:43:30  
How many steps does the aeonic club version take to make Radiance?
By SimonSes 2022-11-02 10:55:50  

Depends on first Realmrazer used to activate aftermath. with 1000-1999 TP you need to make 4step. With 2000-2999 3step and with 3000TP it can be 2 step, but first Realmrazer dont have Light property yet, so it needs to be either 3 step still at 3000TP, or 2step with fresh Realmrazer, so:

Skullbreaker > Flash Nova > Realmrazer -> Realmrazer
2000+TP Realmrazer > Black Halo > Realmrazer
3000TP Realmrazer > Realmrazer > Realmrazer (second Realmrazer wont product any SC in this case)
By Vaerix 2022-11-02 12:22:52  

Depends on first Realmrazer used to activate aftermath. with 1000-1999 TP you need to make 4step. With 2000-2999 3step and with 3000TP it can be 2 step, but first Realmrazer dont have Light property yet, so it needs to be either 3 step still at 3000TP, or 2step with fresh Realmrazer, so:

3000TP Realmrazer > Realmrazer > Realmrazer (second Realmrazer wont product any SC in this case)

For 3k wouldn't the best bet be to just repeat your 2k+?

3k RR > halo (light) > RR (Radiance)

Same amount of ws's technically better damage/effect
By SimonSes 2022-11-02 14:16:56  
Vaerix said: »

For 3k wouldn't the best bet be to just repeat your 2k+?

3k RR > halo (light) > RR (Radiance)

Same amount of ws's technically better damage/effect

Yeah it would be better. I just gave examples of mechanic. Also he might not TP fast enough in some scenarios to maybe pull off 3step.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Hya
サーバ: Asura
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-14 23:47:05  
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Asura.Hya said: »
Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
Are the zombie effects from Odyssey NMs non removable via sacrifice/bene? I've tried multiple times, some DDs seem to think it can but likely they are going by BG.

The status doesn't come up often enough for me to test on outside of ody.
You can 100% remove Zombie with Sacrifice when it's applied by Gigelorum's Debilitating Spout or Xevioso's Stinger Volley.

Thanks, I did some checking looks like it's working.

Following up on this. Sacrifice with Afflatus Solace active, Full-Cure, and Benediction all do not remove the Zombie effect from Gigelorum currently. Sacrifice specifically has worked previously, and I believe does still work on other sources of Zombie. This appears to have been changed silently at some point. Unless there is some sort of stat check, like that of Cursna to remove Doom, Zombie from Gigelorum at this point cannot be removed.

Edit: I tested this back in June after this was brought up and was unable to remove the Zombie from AAEV.

That same week I did a Xevioso and was able to remove Zombie from a party member in that fight.

Edit 2: And here is it working on Gigelorum back when V15 was new.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-12-19 05:20:30  
Updated WHM DPS spreadsheet with R25/R30 augs and various other stuff.

Can find the updated link in the usual place
[+]
By zixxer 2022-12-26 04:37:30  
Could someone please share their BIS enfeebling set?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-12-26 07:43:56  
zixxer said: »
Could someone please share their BIS enfeebling set?
Good question I think easily the Ebers Cap +3 over the AF head, I still run a nice aug chironic hose for immunobreak so that probably more personal choice

Legs:
Chironic Hose aug +15MND +35macc
MND+29 +15 = +44MND
Macc+20 +35 = 55macc
Enf skill +13
vs
Eber+3
+45 MND
+63 MACC

So really its 8macc+1mnd versus enf 13 skill and immunobreak, YMMV depending on Chironic Augs

Hands:
Kaykaus cuff+1(A)
MND+47
MACC+53
Enf skill +16
vs
Ebers+3
MND+50
MACC+62

9macc+3mnd vs 16 enfeeble skill

TLDR#
this is my set