Dullahan Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-10-17 07:08:30  
Pantafernando said: »
If SE allow everything in game burnable by SMN, by the next day subs would triple and a new expansion would be top priority to 2025

Subs would need to more than triple and would need to stay constant for a while for SE to even consider a new expansion.
 Asura.Jdove
サーバ: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2024-10-17 09:55:32  
Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »
If SE allow everything in game burnable by SMN, by the next day subs would triple and a new expansion would be top priority to 2025

Subs would need to more than triple and would need to stay constant for a while for SE to even consider a new expansion.
Even if they did make a new expansion everyone would solo it with bots and cheating. I wouldn't even bother playing it at this point. The only reason they made SoA is because of the epic fail ff14 version 1.0 was, but at least SoA wasn't a free for all anarchy when it came out like the game has devolved into now.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-17 10:46:29  
>>Complains about soloers using multibox and bots and cheating
>>Plays on Asura
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-17 11:14:03  
Asura.Jdove said: »
Ragnarok.Creaucent said: »

Even if they did make a new expansion everyone would solo it with bots and cheating. I wouldn't even bother playing it at this point. The only reason they made SoA is because of the epic fail ff14 version 1.0 was, but at least SoA wasn't a free for all anarchy when it came out like the game has devolved into now.

I don't think it's a stretch to say I'm the most public opponent of cheating in FFXI and I'm gonna be honest here: this statement is really reaching when describing the current status of FFXI.

Absolutely nobody is botting any endgame content. Plenty of people use bots, sure, but the vast, vast majority of the population only uses bots for farming items (Voidwatch or random BS), doing trials, or farming CP/EP.

Cheating is another can of worms, but I think most people (not me) would argue that the vast majority of players either aren't cheating at all, or are doing very little cheating. I imagine most people really only consider knockback, botting, and movespeed hacks as cheating and consider everything else "above board".

Even with the availability of all these cheats and people being brazen about their use, it's not as though people are able to just download a bot, turn it on, and 6-box V25 Xevioso or 9 boss HM Aminon Sortie runs so I'm not really sure what you're concerned about with all this "everyone's going to solo it with bots" nonsense.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-17 11:21:14  
Can you not.

like seriously *** not.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2024-10-17 11:28:12  
Never happening anyways, not worth further elaboration.
By Shichishito 2024-10-17 12:56:28  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I don't think it's a stretch to say I'm the most public opponent of cheating in FFXI
Ionoman.
I mean you stress a lot that you play vanilla, but you also don't get tired of mentioning that you have no problems if other people around you cheat.
If I'm not mistaken you recently mentioned that a new member joined your sortie/odyssey/whatever group and that his jobs are all mastered.

Sounds more like you're to lazy to configure your own lua and get carried by hardcore cheaters.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Can you not.
Nope, sry.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-17 13:19:27  
Shichishito said: »
If I'm not mistaken you recently mentioned that a new member joined your sortie/odyssey/whatever group and that his jobs are all mastered.

Yes, after I beat every single Odyssey boss on V0, V5, V10, V15, V20, and all but 2 of them on V25, had completed a prime weapon all my JSE to +3, and maxed out augments on like 30 REMA weapons, I added a person to my group who has all jobs ML50. I was absolutely carried by him through FFXI.

People I play with use Gearswap and many of them bot ML. I have no control over them and cannot enforce my beliefs on them, though I haven't tried because that's not how friendships work. If I only played with people who play by my standards, I would be playing FFXI solo which is not my intention.

I also think it's really funny that you think that in endgame FFXI someone can just be carried through all of the content somehow? I love when people make random guesses about my gameplay because they're so horrendously wrong and it reveals much more about them than it does about me.

Sounds more like you're to lazy to configure your own lua and get carried by hardcore cheaters.

Yup, ya got me. I think it's more work to edit a few pieces of equipment into a template someone else made, that's why I don't use FastCS, SellNPC, Dressup, JA0, and Superwarp. This whole time, it was just my laziness.
[+]
By Shichishito 2024-10-17 14:12:14  
Your point is you got carried by cheaters but not that "ML50 all jobs" cheater?

Look you can play how you want and with who ever you want but with that track record it is a stretch to claim that you're the "most public opponent of cheating in FFXI".
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-10-17 14:13:22  
Can we get back on the Dullahan Ambuscade? I'm sure nobody cares about any of this. They come here looking for battle strategies and party setups.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-17 14:14:13  
A shitty player at ML0 is still gonna be a shitty player at ML50.

They have a bigger safety net to cover their flaws, thats all.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-17 14:34:47  
Your point is you got carried by cheaters but not that "ML50 all jobs" cheater?

I see you didn't read anything I said. My points were:
It's impossible to be carried, especially on the wide scale of content and jobs in question here
The example you gave is stupid because he joined my group after I'd already beaten basically the entire game before I ever entered a party with him
I can't enforce my beliefs on the people I play with
By your logic (people who play with cheaters are being carried by them), it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible, to find a single person who isn't cheating or being carried by cheaters

Are there no good players of this game, just cheaters whose cheats are letting them win and people who don't cheat, but are being carried by the cheats? Why are some people unable to clear content then, despite having and using all the cheats? Do I just know better cheaters than them? How are these cheaters better, if the source of the power is the cheats?

Look you can play how you want and with who ever you want but with that track record it is a stretch to claim that you're the "most public opponent of cheating in FFXI".

OK: Who would you say is the most well-known opponent of cheating on this website? Go ahead and toss out say...the first 3 names that come to mind when you think of people who frequently put forth anti-cheating arguments on FFXIAH.com.

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
A shitty player at ML0 is still gonna be a shitty player at ML50.

They have a bigger safety net to cover their flaws, thats all.

Agree with this, but I guess it doesn't matter if you're shitty because someone can just carry you through all the content of the game, even if you're trash.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Can we get back on the Dullahan Ambuscade? I'm sure nobody cares about any of this. They come here looking for battle strategies and party setups.

Obviously it's a random tangent but...anyone who wants a strategy for this ambu already has 15 of them, I think they'll survive. If they're not capable of hitting a previous page button, they don't deserve the hallmarks. Here you go:

TP Pony, WS Dullahan
SMN AFAC until its dead
Stunlock Dullahan, kill him then kill pony
By Chyula 2024-10-17 14:56:19  
tping on pony and ws boss is very difficult.
By Shichishito 2024-10-17 15:23:21  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Ambuscade and search for dullahan.

Sofar I figured:
-Don't hit dullahan from the front cause shield blocks
-Blunt DMG is prefered
-Engage unicorn for TP and WS dullahan
-Don't hit him after Boiling over stance message cause it's a Pain Sync styled mechanic (?)
-Go all out DD after Miasma stance message to prevent Eisenschneider from going off.

Good to know:
-Your DMG heals the unicorn while it reads TP moves

What is most likely peoples skiping condition for this month is whether you're forced to play the Bozetto Retributionists chat message game.
Does TP denial work to prevent him from doing his stance changes?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-10-17 15:37:54  
Holy ***they actually can't go back a page. I'm so sorry. Does this happen every time the page rolls over on any thread?

buttplug said: »
Very Difficult Ambuscade / Safest Clear
BRD/COR/GEO/MNK/PLD/RDM

TP > Bozzetto Charger (ADD)
WS > Bozzetto Retributionist (PLD)

BRD > Honor March / Minuet / Madrigal / Madrigal
Light Carol / Light Carol II > PLD

COR > Light Shot
Crooked Cards > Samurai Roll / Chaos Roll

GEO > Geo-Fury + Indi-Frailty
Entrust-Fend > PLD
Blaze of Glory

MNK > Shijin Spiral / Tornado Kick
Chi Blast > 5/5 Merits

PLD > Aegis
Sepulcher > The Retributionist
Holy Circle
Heal

RDM > Silence The Retributionist / Dread Spikes

buttplug said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Fenrir.Velner said: »
Hell yea! DRG is back and ready to stun lock another Ambu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2F8b6RTn7k

Do Conduit burn works against this Ambuscade?

Asking for a friend.

Yes
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-10-17 16:05:06  
Yeah it really looks like they can't. Perfectly good Velner video with a clear time to aspire to and plenty of other less hardcore options Hut hey they need to get out the personal attacks because you didn't provide them a 4th+ strategy that isn't porridge that is too hot for them or a bed too small.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-10-17 16:15:04  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Yeah it really looks like they can't. Perfectly good Velner video with a clear time to aspire to and plenty of other less hardcore options Hut hey they need to get out the personal attacks because you didn't provide them a 4th+ strategy that isn't porridge that is too hot for them or a bed too small.

"Personal attacks", lol.

I appreciate the effort people put in to sharing their strategies here for others. It helps when I get around to doing Ambuscade, which is usually a week or two after an update.

When I find myself reading yet another derailment on this forum, it gets tiresome. Yes, I have done the same thing in the past, and it's something I'm trying not to do anymore. Especially in a thread like this that many players refer back to. Not just in 2024, but in the years to come.

Please stop bloating this up with your crap. Direct message each other or start a new thread. Or don't, it's up to you. That's not a personal attack. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Have some common courtesy. That's all I'm saying on this.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-17 16:31:14  
Threads derail all the time. They derail because topics branch, and then a branch grows, and its perfectly healthy. Sometimes topics derail because theres nothing new to add to the primary topic.

They also get back on track just as quick once the derailment runs its course.

edit: this "derailment" was from Panta asking about Conduit still working, which is a valid question because some Ambu's were adjusted to nerf AC, which then devolved to someone crying about bots and ***. This derailment consists of maybe half a page in a 9 page thread.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-10-17 16:39:20  
OR if someone says something like:
I'm struggling with X
what am I doing wrong?
can someone help me with Y

Instead of:
Strats NOA PLOX

I've cleared it on VD with 2 different methods and neither were fast+reliable enough that I would be like here is the silver bullet that anyone can use. One is slow and requires tp denial jobs, the other is fast and is exactly what Velner did in his video (cross your fingers if your DDs aren't tippy top).
By Pantafernando 2024-10-17 16:40:15  
I always ask valid questions
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-10-17 19:20:20  
Idk if this matters. but I've been 5 boxing VD with MNK/DRG ,COR,PLD(Nixxer + 75 Aegis + 5/5 Souv +1 only),BRD,WHM. all of my alts are gimp as hell, bar cor who has +7 rolls. Brd is 3 song Ghorn, no HM.
CC Sam + Chaos
March, Mad, Mad (no SV)
March, Min, Mad (With SV)

I have PLD tank both mobs in starting corner while I solo DD the 95% of the fight so it's less multiboxing to do.
Zerg horse with Chi blast > Shijin > VS or Tornado depending if i wanna footwork or not. Dies in under 60s.

For Dullahan I just play red light/green light. I do multi-step Shijin > VS > VS during impetus. Tornado for footwork etc.
Boiling over I turn on Monk and manually engage on the Bard with ***weapons and attack Dullahan from the front forcing low damage TP feed to quickly get the pain sync over with.

For Miasma I either have TP on COR after using Quickdraws or the Regain aura from Boiling over. I WS once from behind and Miasma breaks then proceed do have Bard DD infront again to force feed TP.
WHM alt silences Dullahan within 2 casts roughly 20% due to Dread spikes.
With SV: 9-13 minutes.
Without SV: 13-16 minutes.
When I had a GEO LS member as 6th kills were 5-8 minutes.

0 risk of wiping can be improved with GEO or better buffs. I play on 300~ ping from the UK turning from Boiling over is not hard there is so much leeway...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-17 19:36:19  
You can pre turn when it uses the move, like 5 seconds before the message, there's a ton of space to not *** it up. Yet people still manage to.

In fairness it can be difficult to see text in a flurry of damage text. If you hit a TA you can scroll past the message entirely. You should filter out damage so it's idiotproof, if you have that issue.

Such a simple fight with like 6 viable strats.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-10-17 19:43:31  
You can pre turn when it uses the move, like 5 seconds before the message, there's a ton of space to not *** it up. Yet people still manage to.
Literally, I turn based on the sound cue or watch a dust cloud, Often ends up meaning I turn for a few seconds during Blood Weapon, but still better safe than sorry. But yeah it's astonishing how many people are giving up on this ambu because they can't zerg with stun lock or TP batt + WS method
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-17 20:32:46  
They cant figure out how to make the Dullahan ambu work with their bots reliably.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-10-17 20:41:35  
Did this tonight and had a lot of fun. Thanks for the tips guys. The mechanics are a little tricky, but if it goes downhill the dullahan is easily kited. It's just not one of those months that most groups will destroy repeatedly without things going wrong. It has a bit of learning curve, but it is satisfying once you figure it out.

If groups are giving up on this, it is because they aren't willing to fail two or three times to figure it out, or they absolutely refuse to lower the difficulty from VD. You need someone calling out the messages, and everyone needs to know how to react to them. It is very beatable, but patience is a must.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8