言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Dullahan Ambuscade V1
Dullahan Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By keokothelesser 2022-09-15 09:55:42  
Thanks for video. What's the baseline gearwise the monk is going to need?
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-15 10:06:41  
This is a pretty standard TP set. Caps Subtle Blow I & II. Doesn't require anything from Odyssey to be ranked up. Don't need MNK neck really, can use Vim Torque +1 or Moonlight Nodowa.

ammo="Coiste Bodhar",
head="Kendatsuba Jinpachi +1",
body="Kendatsuba samue +1",
hands={ name="Adhemar Wrist. +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
legs="Kendatsuba hakama +1",
feet="Kendatsuba sune-ate +1",
neck="Monk's nodowa +2",
waist="Moonbow Belt +1",
left_ear="Sherida earring",
right_ear="Schere Earring",
left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
right_ring="Gere ring",
back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},

Also, fundamentally important is Hesychast's Crown for the Penance bonus. Godhands lets you 4-step Radiance. That speeds things up considerably.
[+]
 Asura.Warmoose
サーバ: Asura
user: Hillclimb
By Asura.Warmoose 2022-09-15 10:42:49  
Assuming 1900JP or master MNK, only need 40SB to hit 75% SB

Across the board, your standard sets will have Moonbow Belt+1(+15 sb2), niqmaddu ring(+5 sb2), sherida earring (+5 sb2), schere earring(+3 sb)= 28 sb

So 12 more from really just by picking 2 of any.

8 kendat head
10 kendat legs/sb2 + 5 mpaca legs

Or just:
12 kendat body

Should give you plenty of options to run bhikku body/legs in w/e fashion/combination you want.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-09-15 11:56:21  
Serjero said: »
RIP SMN burn method.

Guess it's MNK burn or bust. Maybe RNG for the masochists out there.

I had this on the 2nd or 3rd page but i did it as the one and only smn last time, and can be done with only 4 people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhZi6lf1hkU
With way less buffs than a mnk is using, and 2 of the jobs were leeching.
Seems the old video link is broke this is the new one.
But i suppose most people are are too DD minded to attempt it.
By Veydal1 2022-09-15 15:14:25  
Or can't be bothered to use SPs.

To each their own. Plenty of methods for this month. You can have a super buffed DD go to town and suppress TP, or bring whatever set up you want, as long as you can reliably stun.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2022-09-15 17:30:42  
Also, if he gets blood weapon off at any point BP damage goes byebye now doesn't it?
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-09-15 20:36:09  
Asura.Chendar said: »
Also, if he gets blood weapon off at any point BP damage goes byebye now doesn't it?

No, the BP damage never goes byebye.

The thing dies so fast it doesn't get a chance, you are feeding it 0 tp if you don't engage your pet and just stand next to it. Have the brd put that emnity + on the RUN and have him back tank put ballads on the smn and you dont even need convert. I didnt bother, but i guess if you are worried about that then you could just shock squall it at the start. The only reason i used Ramuh on the dullahan at all was to solo a skill chain for more damage while the run was getting rayke and gambit on it then i switched to Ifrit and hit my 1hr. Spammed it easy just hit up MMM when you are done to reset 1hrs.
By Beau 2022-09-16 06:20:43  
BRD/BLM can stun Nether Castigation (although RDM stymie'd frazzle III first). I didn't have a stun set made on BRD but now I need to make one. Anyone have a set already made I can look at?
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-09-16 06:31:24  
Beau said: »
BRD/BLM can stun Nether Castigation (although RDM stymie'd frazzle III first). I didn't have a stun set made on BRD but now I need to make one. Anyone have a set already made I can look at?
This caps recast reduction and gets as much MAcc as I can manage to find. Volte Brais + Dignitary Earring would be better if you have the Brais.
ItemSet 387084
[+]
By Ultimaetus 2022-09-17 14:00:38  
I assume that mew will still wipe tp under Blood Weapon or no?
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-09-18 00:37:22  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-09-18 21:25:09  
I'm off to bed now, but the descriptions of this fight are missing a few things.

The Dullahan uses Charging Up, and then there is a subsequent log message about how he's charging up.
* If he's charging up normally, you're fine to keep killing him (maybe he's magic reactive?).
* If he's "boiling over" then he's going to do the Pain Sync-esque damage move to you. The Pain Sync counter starts when he uses Charging Up, not when you get the message telling you which variety it is. If you stun the TP move after a boiling over message, he keeps the TP aura up and does the move again next.
* If it mentions "miasma" then he's going to use the instant death move next. If you WS him (Atonement for me) after getting the miasma message, you can get another message noting that the miasma dissipated but now he's boiling over. I don't know when the "boiling over" timer starts for that.

Anyway, it's possible to do this guy pretty reasonably with the parties outlined here. I recommend your monk subs dragoon because they'll be capping CE/VE around 40% and super jump is nice.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-09-18 21:33:32  
All of that should be in there, or the original posts from when ambuscade was one thread
 Bismarck.Indigla
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2022-09-19 13:23:33  
Bismarck.Indigla said: »
WHM view of this group, not sure if same run, but MB'ing Holy2 for 96k+.
By regist 2022-09-19 15:32:32  

DNC and DRG solo
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-19 18:17:06  
The ambu is really just an iteration of the old Red Light, Green Light game.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-09-19 20:22:09  
So is his one shot (pain sync move) survivable if you just don't WS until he uses the tp move? Drg seemed to just tank them all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-19 20:27:46  
It's survivable with Migawari, or if you feed him tp but only deal weak damage. Then his Nether Castigation will only return a very small amount of damage, which you can live through.

Swapping to a level 1 lockstyle item seems to work well, or spam dia or some t1 spells. Both are simple enough. Just make a macro for every time you see "Charging Up" to swap your weapons.
By Ultimaetus 2022-09-21 21:48:59  
So does Stun work or does he just keep casting it?
By 1thenumber 2022-09-21 23:21:42  
Ultimaetus said: »

Would love to hear from others, but trying with my boxes on N and D, I wiped every time after he used it back to back within 9 seconds. Gonna try the Subtle Monk approach next time
By SimonSes 2022-09-22 04:00:18  
1thenumber said: »
Ultimaetus said: »

Would love to hear from others, but trying with my boxes on N and D, I wiped every time after he used it back to back within 9 seconds. Gonna try the Subtle Monk approach next time

Thats because soloing it without buffs is actually much easier (but longer ofc), since you can avoid feeding damage during charging up/boiling. On MNK with buffs, one attack round in wrong time will pretty much wipe you. I would argue, that the best job for this if you have buffs, but not full party is probably rng/nin with mercurialKris/kraken, or 2x low level dagger and Annihilator. There is 0 risk to actually wipe by not turning away on time, because you are full time in low melee damage. To wipe you would need to WS during charging, which is way easier to avoid. Also you wouldnt pull hate off Trust tank and damage should ramp up nicely with Hover shot too. You can also move to 5-6 yalms away to WS from True Shot range.

Obviously not everyone has RNG with Anni.

General strategy for solo would be:
- ML5 and /drg sub for hate control or drg main
- low damage multi attack weapon on switch for charging up/boiling phase. Can also move to front to let Dullahan block your attack for even more safety

One thing I have no idea about is when it does Eisenschneider and how to avoid it (not how to avoid KO, but how to avoid Dullahan using it)?
 Asura.Bynebill
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-09-22 05:19:34  
He uses KO move when the charging up message is miasma, Weapon skills during miasma have a chance to reset him to normal boiling over instead. If you dont reset it then his next tp move will be the KO move.

Miasma/charging up/boiling over seems to just be RNG.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-09-22 06:19:37  
So yeah rng/nin with Anni or rng/drg with other gun seems to be safest.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-09-22 07:04:13  
For those of you who are multiboxing and don't want to deal with having a tank and a dps separately <stnpc> and <lastst> are a god send on this Ambu. TP on the horse, use a first macro with /console input /ws Savage Blade <stnpc> then another with <lastst> in another macro, all this requires is a quick tab to the dullahan on the characters you want to WS on the boss then you can spam the <lastst> macro on your main box. I have been doing this with a COR BRD and RDM spamming Savage wins in about 3:30ish and certainly saved me a headache of having to control threat and WSing on a different character.

This would also work for a standard party setup and makes the ambu a complete joke!
[+]
By Ultimaetus 2022-09-22 22:54:27  
The Atramentous Libations empowered with his TP spikes will absorb buffs. Observed as low as N
By 1thenumber 2022-09-23 08:28:09  
Asura.Aldolol said: »
For those of you who are multiboxing and don't want to deal with having a tank and a dps separately <stnpc> and <lastst> are a god send on this Ambu. TP on the horse, use a first macro with /console input /ws Savage Blade <stnpc> then another with <lastst> in another macro, all this requires is a quick tab to the dullahan on the characters you want to WS on the boss then you can spam the <lastst> macro on your main box. I have been doing this with a COR BRD and RDM spamming Savage wins in about 3:30ish and certainly saved me a headache of having to control threat and WSing on a different character.

This would also work for a standard party setup and makes the ambu a complete joke!

How are you avoiding getting blocked on the WSes though?
 Asura.Bynebill
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-09-23 15:30:04  
He's using a tank, rdm/cor/brd is just the jobs doing damage.