Let's Start A Riot?!?!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Let's start a riot?!?!
Let's start a riot?!?!
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 117 118 119
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-01 17:34:53  
13/50 rhetoric, "it's the culture"/predisposed to violence, and other common white supremacist arguments being made here. I guess it should be expected on a gaming forum.

What is it about this hobby that brings out the maladjusted racists?
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Commodus
サーバ: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 17:38:13  
kreek said: »
At what point in history are you considering that white people stopped living in tribes, raping, enslaving and killing each other? This was still going on in Europe after the Roman Empire took over most of it so as an entire ethnic group, this could only be a few hundred years AD, right?

Sometime between the end of the dark ages and early enlightenment.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 17:39:33  
Asura.Sirris said: »
13/50 rhetoric, "it's the culture"/predisposed to violence, and other common white supremacist arguments being made here. I guess it should be expected on a gaming forum.

Crime statistics and history hurt your feelings.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2020-06-01 17:46:38  
Asura.Sirris said: »

reminded me of this:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 17:48:17  
Valefor.Commodus said: »
You can't just redefine 'culture' to mean 'all people that descended from one geographical location'. This isn't what culture means.

Doing so enables you to try and avoid admitting you are generalising based on ethnicity, but you don't get to redefine words to do that.

I'm not, I'm going by the dictionary definition (Merriam-Webster): Definition of culture (Entry 1 of 2)
1a: the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group.
So you believe the customary beliefs, social norms and material traits of African desecendents is identical in America, England, the Caribbean, Brazil, etc. because of their race?

Yes.

Brazil: blacks commit murder at a rate more than double that of non-blacks.

UK: In June 2007 the Home Affairs Select Committee published a report on young black people and the criminal justice system of England and Wales. It said that young black people were over-represented at all stages of the criminal justice system.

Not enough data for caribbean.
 Asura.Toeknee
user: Darksyn
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-01 17:48:54  
At what point in history are you considering that white people stopped living in tribes, raping, enslaving and killing each other? This was still going on in Europe after the Roman Empire took over most of it so as an entire ethnic group, this could only be a few hundred years AD, right?

That would be as late as being later than the date that Africans were taken to the Americas. If Europeans were doing it as long as Africans, how are you not just saying that they are unable to shrug off their inherited traits because of their race when you believe Europeans have?

You are saying they have had the same amount of time to shrug it off.

just for funsies and to use his own argument - they're just as tribal, it's just now political ideals, news stations, gun laws, etc. as the new tribes
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 17:52:40  

That would be as late as being later than the date that Africans were taken to the Americas. If Europeans were doing it as long as Africans, how are you not just saying that they are unable to shrug off their inherited traits because of their race when you believe Europeans have?

No, the dark ages ended over 500 years ago. The civilizations that survived ended up creating the modern world and western civilization. I'm saying that other cultures not involved in that creation are not all fit to integrate into it relatively quickly or possibly at all.
 Asura.Toeknee
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-01 17:53:59  
Which of 1. customary beliefs, 2. social norms, or 3. material traits do you think those links are relevant to?

Are you saying that you believe it is a social norm of all black people to be violent and commit murder?

i think he's been saying that in as many roundabout ways as humanly possible. but by trying to hide behind some numbers, he won't be deemed 'racist'
[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-01 17:55:25  
you're a post away from saying 'whites are a superior race'. had you said it in the beginning you could've saved yourself 3 pages of responses
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 17:57:12  
Which of 1. customary beliefs, 2. social norms, or 3. material traits do you think those links are relevant to?

Are you saying that you believe it is a social norm of all black people to be violent and commit murder?

You're fundamentally not understanding the concept of inherited behavior and culture. For thousands of years they behaved in one way, which is extremely violent by modern western standards. They've been thrust into a modern world that doesn't accept that kind of behavior. Their inherited behavior and culture does not mesh with where and when they're now living, and they're having trouble adapting.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-06-01 17:58:03  
Asura.Toeknee said: »

It's very strange: Native Americans, who are also tribal, have not been willing or able to integrate into and succeed in western society (with some exceptions), but at least don't wreak havoc. blacks have not been willing or able to integrate into western society very well, but do wreak havoc. Asians and hispanics have mostly integrated into western society. It's a cultural and/or tribal thing, and some cultures adapt better than others.

The shorter answer to your question is: all poor black groups, until they radically change their culture.

????????

*white folks show up, wipe out tribes, bring diseases, steal land, wage wars etc. etc.*
*why aren't you guys integrating?*

That's correct. Native Americans were hundreds of disparate tribes that warred with, conquered, raped, and enslaved each other for thousands of years. Europeans showed up and conquered them. They either did not wish, or were unable, to integrate into western society. Now they mostly self-segregate and remain on reservations.
That’s correct, Native Americans were exactly like all the rest of humanity throughout history. And the survivors after the genocide faced extreme racism and discrimination every step of the way.

The Métis people in Canada for example, half French and half aboriginal, were shunned as inferior by both respective societies and had to live apart or create their own reserves.

Being Ojibway, my own grandma married a white man and when she returned to our land years later with kids to share our heritage with them, she was kicked out for being “too white” and lost all of her treaty rights completely. There is still a lot of anger for that genocide and the brainwashing colonialism and European religions perpetrated.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-01 17:58:25  
I knew exactly who the suspected white supremacists were in this thread on the first page alone. They all use the same racially coded talking points (that defy logic). None of this is surprising.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 18:00:20  

No, the dark ages ended over 500 years ago. The civilizations that survived ended up creating the modern world and western civilization. I'm saying that other cultures not involved in that creation are not all fit to integrate into it relatively quickly or possibly at all.
Africans were taken to the Americas 500 years ago.

Are you arguing that the earliest possible Africans brought to the Americas were as enlightened and cultured as the western European explorers that found the Americas? Please don't go off the rails.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-01 18:03:51  
OMG, they calling people white supremacists because they quoted statistics... IM *** DYING

MATH IS *** MATH MY DUDE... OMG I CANT
[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-01 18:06:46  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
OMG, they calling people white supremacists because they quoted statistics... IM *** DYING

people are calling him a white supremacist because of the last 2 pages of drivel, that was all implied by his goofy use of a statistics.

not difficult
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-01 18:07:08  
But he is right tho
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-01 18:09:28  
Well if it wasn't going to get nuked before it sure will now.
[+]
 Asura.Gnawclaw
user: Gnawclaw
By Asura.Gnawclaw 2020-06-01 18:09:41  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Well if it wasn't going to get nuked before it sure will now.

Hope so
[+]
 Fenrir.Puciato
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-01 18:09:43  

It's the world we live in now. You cant bring up the facts, which would help bring about the changes needed for a well integrated society.

Charles Barkley brings this up, no ones calling him racist. It's almost like people dont want these problems to go away because they will lose the ability to signal their own virtue

Personally I just tell people I'm racist now, because that's the only way to engage this debate with statistics. My black girlfriend probably just wants me to shut up and make dinner.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-06-01 18:09:51  

YANG 2024!!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Asura.Toeknee
By Asura.Toeknee 2020-06-01 18:10:25  
see, didn't have to use any statistics for you to paint your picture. it was never the numbers lol
 Valefor.Commodus
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-01 18:10:59  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Asura.Toeknee said: »

It's very strange: Native Americans, who are also tribal, have not been willing or able to integrate into and succeed in western society (with some exceptions), but at least don't wreak havoc. blacks have not been willing or able to integrate into western society very well, but do wreak havoc. Asians and hispanics have mostly integrated into western society. It's a cultural and/or tribal thing, and some cultures adapt better than others.

The shorter answer to your question is: all poor black groups, until they radically change their culture.

????????

*white folks show up, wipe out tribes, bring diseases, steal land, wage wars etc. etc.*
*why aren't you guys integrating?*

That's correct. Native Americans were hundreds of disparate tribes that warred with, conquered, raped, and enslaved each other for thousands of years. Europeans showed up and conquered them. They either did not wish, or were unable, to integrate into western society. Now they mostly self-segregate and remain on reservations.
That’s correct, Native Americans were exactly like all the rest of humanity throughout history. And the survivors after the genocide faced extreme racism and discrimination every step of the way.

The Métis people in Canada for example, half French and half aboriginal, were shunned as inferior by both respective societies and had to live apart or create their own reserves.

Being Ojibway, my own grandma married a white man and when she returned to our land years later with kids to share our heritage with them, she was kicked out for being “too white” and lost all of her treaty rights completely. There is still a lot of anger for that genocide and the brainwashing colonialism and European religions perpetrated.

I'm not defending it. Conquest was the way of the world for millennia. European civilizations and clans warred, conquered, raped, pillaged, and decimated each other for thousands of years. The entire history of China, Japan, etc are based on feudal warlords and their followers conquering each other endlessly. Central and South American tribes murdered each other en-masse. It's still going on in the middle east.

But the modern world has moved past that and is trying to look forward. Europe and Japan have seen peace (relative to before WW2) for almost 80 years. China has serious problems, but nowhere near the extent of dynastic wars from history. Most places in the world have become relatively enlightened, compared to before. Look at how insane the world used to be. The only habitable place left on the planet that's insanely violent all the time is Africa (with some very, very small pockets that are struggling to be ok). This isn't coincidence.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 117 118 119