Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide
Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15
 Sylph.Wardeniv
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2020-09-15 21:00:11  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Gambits said: »
Crossbones said: »
If not engaged can also swap turms feet for empy feet and flume belt for carby all element belt for more meva.

Is +20 X-element resistance the same as saying +20 Magic Evasion to X-element? Because if so, this would be a MEVA downgrade. Turms +1 feet to Empy +1 feet is a 40 MEVA loss, while Carby belt gives 20-30 resistance to elements.

edit: Woops, there's an additional "All Elements +25" on Empy feet I completely didn't see. This would give more MEVA then, good option for idle!
wut?! am I missing something? Turm feet = 147 ME while empy feet 107+25 = 132 ME...

The MEva loss on feet is offset by +20-30MEVA from being able to switch out Flume Belt for Engraved Belt. You can't keep both Turms Feet +1 and Engraved Belt because you need the -PDT from either slot, so Empy feet allows the tradeoff for a little less MEva on feet slot, still capping PDT, and having belt slot free to add more MEva without needing PDT there.

You can use both with Vocane +1. I know post people understandably prefer to get the crafting ring or otherwise. This is my default set and I haven't been able to squeeze better stats out of the current items available in terms of just max'ing the generic idle tank stats then max'ing m.eva. I admittedly haven't revisited it in a minute, but none of the new items have particularly jumped out in terms of potentially shuffling things around.

Whenever I find something I think might justify making some changes, it usually involves trying to switch out the grip, belt, or feet - which in terms of just raw m.eva stats are incredibly hard to beat. I'm pretty skeptical on anything modifying this set until Empy Legs get +2/+3'd or they feel like actually pushing out some better earrings.

ItemSet 358753
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-09-15 21:38:06  
Odnowa earring+Gelatinous is only a little less magic evasion but considerably more HP.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-09-15 21:59:26  
I always try to use my accessory slots for HP because you can get so much out of them. The fact that odnowa has MDT/DT on it is even more of a bonus. In my tank set I cruise just above 3200 HP with food. This is my disengaged tank set (what I use to tank 98% of the time, don't like to engage for the most part):
{ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
head="Turms Cap +1",
body="Runeist's Coat +3",
hands="Turms Mittens +1",
legs="Eri. Leg Guards +1",
feet="Erilaz Greaves +1",
neck="Futhark Torque +2",
waist="Flume Belt",
left_ear="Tuisto Earring",
right_ear="Odnowa Earring +1",
left_ring="Gelatinous Ring +1",
right_ring="Defending Ring",
back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','Enmity+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

Haven't got engraved belt yet cause I'm lazy but I need to. Wish I had a gold moogle belt though.
By soralin 2020-09-16 00:24:46  
My TP set:
{main="Epeolatry",
sub="Utu Grip",
ammo="Yamarang",
head="Ayanmo Zucchetto +2",
body="Ashera Harness",
hands="Turms Mittens +1",
legs="Meg. Chausses +2",
feet="Turms Leggings +1",
neck="Futhark Torque +2",
waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
left_ear="Telos Earring",
right_ear="Sherida Earring",
left_ring={name="Moonlight Ring",priority=15,bag="wardrobe3"},
right_ring={name="Moonlight Ring",priority=15,bag="wardrobe2"},
back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

Dimi set:
{ammo="Knobkierrie",
head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'Pet: DEX+8','"Fast Cast"+3','Weapon skill damage +6%',}},
body={ name="Herculean Vest", augments={'Attack+20','DEX+13','Weapon skill damage +6%','Mag. Acc.+13 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+13',}},
hands="Meg. Gloves +2",
legs={ name="Lustr. Subligar +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','DEX+8','Crit. hit rate+3%',}},
feet={ name="Lustra. Leggings +1", augments={'HP+65','STR+15','DEX+15',}},
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
right_ear="Sherida Earring",
left_ring="Regal Ring",
right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},}

Don't have any other sets but this one for dimi and the engaged set is my hybrid tank set (I don't really ever use pure DD set or LH on RUN). The key with Fu is letting him get enough buffs that dimi>dimi does a large chunk of his HP.

Thanks! Pretty close to what I workshopped out as a set, though I dont have regal ring or Niqmaddu Ring yet.

Couple questions though:

What fueled your choice for Str+30 on your TP Cape, over Dex+20/Acc+10? Seems like a fat chunk of missing accuracy. Second, Im using Store TP over Double attack atm because DA loses a lot of its value when AM3 is up, and I dont feel like making another entire cape just for when AM3 isn't up, since thats not often the case. Also Im using Kentarch+1 over Ioskeh, at R15 I believe it wins now, assuming you're in a unity that maxes out the Store TP+5.

Im also atm using Lust. Cap+1 over Herc head, which I think is pretty close to the same, you need pretty juicy rolls on a Herc head to beat Lustr. Cap right?

Im hoping to take another stab at Fu tonight with my revised gear.

I guess the big question remaining is, what trusts should I use? I dont want them to pump me with too many buffs that makes Fu go bonkers, but I also need them to keep me alive.

Geo/Cor/Run is the current comp, so Im thinking Koru Moru, Ulmia, and Yoran Oran is still fine, since they'll just give me Pro/Shell/Regen/Haste/March/March

Though that means if I get 2 rolls from my Cor, that'll bump me up to 8 buffs, which maybe is a bit high? I dunno, I feel like it toes the line.

Just to confirm, if Fu absorbs Protect from 6 party members, because its all just the same buff, does that just count as one? Or does that actually count as 6 separate buffs?
By Crossbones 2020-09-16 00:46:29  
I use str and da on my tp cape because I play like 18 jobs and it doubles as my reso cape. The da helps me build am faster which is kind of a pain in the *** with the hybrid set I use unless I get fighters roll which is never. Swordplay gives me 60 acc with the relic gloves I think? Idk, it's one of the items. Kind of same thing for kentarch, I don't carry it and kinda only use it on my dnc, da helps non am tp gain and use it on more jobs so I carry it. Haven't even gotten to augmenting kentarch yet.

I try not to use lust in many slots as they make you really weak for that one split second so two is plenty. I've died enough times to medusa javelin or what have you and death is quite inconvenient. Even my reso set uses relic body for the fat attack and bonus damage reduction (its actually all I use it for besides the JA).

I can't really answer the trust question as I run LS events so I always do things with a group. All I can say is most of the time we do fu we either use a geared tank to solo dps it down with basically just geo haste and pro / shell and other self buffs, or use smn / pups to kill it. Lately have been memeing savage drg with tacticians roll.
By soralin 2020-09-16 09:11:32  
Ok so we pretty much have Glassy Thinker and Glassy Gorger down but how on earth do I deal with Glassy Craver's Hate reset spam?

After around 50%, the constant hate resets and built up hate by the supports/healers just makes hate management become unbearable and the dude soon enough is running all over spamming his AoE on everything, and then it goes to ***.

Does Third Eye mitigate this?

Also, do Shadows/Blink absorb View Sync?
By Crossbones 2020-09-16 10:17:13  
The way I deal with carver is attack down. If you have a geo wilt it absolutely cucks him, bio if you need more. We just all stack on the boss by the little rock and curaga when needed. If you lower his attack he doesn't do that much damage. I think barthunder helps with the stuns too. Shadows should work on view sync.

Didn't even know he had a hate reset TBH. Fought him many many times without even using a tank. Even when I tank him if I can't keep hate through DPS I just /shrug since a DPS in a hybrid set should have few issues surviving with proper support, but if you really want to get hate back don't forget to abuse your JAs (assuming you are /DRK). He's weak to piercing (thinker blunt, gorger slash) so if you have that he melts really fast. Rudras>impulse>rudras works particularly well if you have that option. But yeah, I feel like lowering his attack and just stacking is a much easier way to deal with him. I can't remember the last time I fought him at range but that must have been back when you could only do omen with 6 people and I remember that being really painful.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-09-16 10:22:48  
Impalement is a hate reset, but yeah, Wilt is huge for making View Sync/Carousel manageable. Also works quite nicely on Gorger for offsetting him absorbing a lot of ATT buffs (usually the only dangerous thing he has then is his breath move).

Generally though, enfeeble Craver right and he's the easiest midboss 'cause it's just a zerg.

If needed, you may want to have your COR split rolls to do Evoker's on trusts (if they aren't already). I know for triboxing similar setups, they can end up running on fumes without some extra MP recovery. I end up using BRD over COR a lot for that reason, personally.
By Crossbones 2020-09-16 10:37:27  
For sure gotta second using wilt on gorger as well. I've been killed by quadratic continuum so many times and everyone on here already knows I'm weak vs math.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-16 10:54:47  
They don't have a lot of magic evasion, so RUN can also apply Weapon Break to the mid-bosses if they have a decent MACC set.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-09-24 12:25:02  
Anyone have a capped SIRD /BLU enmity set they can share please? I can’t seem to find many options that balances both. Currently rocking this:
Code
    sets.midcast.BLUenmity = {
    ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
    head="Halitus Helm",
    body={ name="Taeon Tabard", augments={'Spell interruption rate down -7%','Phalanx +3',}},
    hands="Regal Gauntlets",
    legs={ name="Carmine Cuisses +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Attack+12','"Dual Wield"+6',}},
    feet={ name="Taeon Boots", augments={'Evasion+25','Spell interruption rate down -10%','Phalanx +3',}},
    neck="Moonlight Necklace",
    waist="Audumbla Sash",
    ear1={name="Cryptic Earring", priority=1}, --4
    ear2="Trux Earring", --5
    left_ring={ name="Gelatinous Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    right_ring="Eihwaz Ring",
    back={ name="Ogma's cape", augments={'HP+60','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','HP+20','"Fast Cast"+10','Spell interruption rate down-10%',}},
        } 

Taeon is just my Phalanx gear with SIRD on it, no enmity. Most of the accessories are just to keep HP high enough during swaps
 Bismarck.Punchmage
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Homsar
By Bismarck.Punchmage 2020-10-01 23:49:36  
Do SIRD merits not factor in the same as gear? I find myself getting interrupted by hits in Dynamis despite exceeding the 100% threshold with merits and gear.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-10-02 07:55:15  
Bismarck.Punchmage said: »
Do SIRD merits not factor in the same as gear? I find myself getting interrupted by hits in Dynamis despite exceeding the 100% threshold with merits and gear.

Merits are SIRD+10 so make sure you are at 92-93% with gear and you should be fine.
By Crossbones 2020-10-02 09:22:15  
Merits should be SIRD 10 since they are 2% per point I thought?
[+]
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2020-10-02 09:35:10  
To guarantee no interrupts you need 102% total for some reason, 100% won't do it.
Another issue could simply be stuns I guess? There are plenty of those in dyna even if RUN can outright resist them a lot of the time.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-02 09:37:35  
because it's in x/1024, so for 100% you need 1024/1024. don't think every piece available has known x/1024 values, so you want 102-103% to be sure.
[+]
By Mrxi 2020-10-02 10:54:51  
I threw my RUN SID set together in a rush but 101 sid has been working with the su4 but loose tp when cast, im fine with that. bigger numbers have less rounding or something so if it was 100% in 1 piece like baayami robe +1 for smn then that would work with 100.
Code
		<set name="SID">
			<main>Peord Claymore</main>
			<sub>Mensch Strap +1</sub>
			<ammo>Staunch Tathlum +1</ammo>
			<head augment="S1211432960">Taeon Chapeau</head>
			<body augment="M3349">Futhark Coat +3</body>
			<hands>Regal Gauntlets</hands>
			<legs augment="D6232182625036">Carmine Cuisses +1</legs>
			<feet augment="S1211432960">Taeon Boots</feet>
			<neck>Moonlight Necklace</neck>
			<waist>Audumbla Sash</waist>
			<ear1>Tuisto Earring</ear1>
			<ear2>Genmei Earring</ear2>
			<ring1>Supershear Ring</ring1>
			<ring2>Defending Ring</ring2>
			<back augment="S2555484674612583463">Ogma's cape</back>
		</set>

cape 20 vit 20 magic evasion/evasion 10 enmity 10 pdt
By Crossbones 2020-10-02 13:44:45  
I only use SIRD for three spells. Aquaveil so I can get it up easily if it gets knocked off, poisonga so I can make sure I tag everything without ever having to worry about getting interrupted by packs of mobs I just pulled, and stoneskin so I can keep it up indefinitely without interrupts. IMO it is unwise to use SIRD elsewhere on RUN, the cost is just too much HP and defensiveness.

Your "SIRD" should be getting hit for 0 due to phalanx, stoneskin, and physical damage reduction from gear or cocoon or whatever. Even in wave 3 when I pull both packs from a fetter it is extremely rare for me to get interrupted. Often times my aquaveil runs through its 18 minute timer.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-10-02 16:33:16  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Bismarck.Punchmage said: »

Merits are SIRD+5 so make sure you are at 97-98% with gear and you should be fine.
Merits should be SIRD 10 since they are 2% per point I thought?

Probably i wasnt logged on to check but i remembered +5 which is how many merits go into it then.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-10-05 13:08:35  
Just curious about the consensus on what everyone did for merits.

Guide states this:

Quote:
Vallation Effect increases the elemental reduction by 1% per merit (5% max per rune) Recommend 0/5 - reason: Only certain fights ingame require this to be merited. Those fights are low man Yakshi, Iroha master trial and Sealed Fate master trial. Very niche merit allocations.

But I actually dumped 5/5 in Vallation instead. I don't feel it's niche at all. Almost every endgame event I do, my party can fare well with some elemental damage reduction.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-10-05 20:49:02  
I only use SIRD for three spells. Aquaveil so I can get it up easily if it gets knocked off, poisonga so I can make sure I tag everything without ever having to worry about getting interrupted by packs of mobs I just pulled, and stoneskin so I can keep it up indefinitely without interrupts. IMO it is unwise to use SIRD elsewhere on RUN, the cost is just too much HP and defensiveness.

Your "SIRD" should be getting hit for 0 due to phalanx, stoneskin, and physical damage reduction from gear or cocoon or whatever. Even in wave 3 when I pull both packs from a fetter it is extremely rare for me to get interrupted. Often times my aquaveil runs through its 18 minute timer.

Do you have an Aquaveil+ set to go with this? (It might be on the first page, I'm too lazy to check)

Edit: I checked, it's not. If you're willing to lose TP when casting Aquaveil, but nibiru faussar is a weapon that gives Aquaveil +1 ....
By Crossbones 2020-10-05 21:38:44  
Ya I'm not gonna macro in a weapon for anything at all, that's just too much, even the su GS can eat a ***. Like I said it hardly ever gets knocked off and I can't get interrupted putting it back up. If I swapped from epeo to nibiru during an aquaveil cast that's almost certainly more trouble than it's worth, plus I like having tp for shockwave (best tagging tool). Earlier today we had a bad Ou run and I can stay alive pretty much indefinitely casting stoneskin over and over and not take any dmg. If I'm casting poisonga I can't get interrupted in that set either since it's capped sird so the opportunity to get interrupted is quite low. Happens in omen more often than wave 3 even though I get hit for less, it's just the volume of mobs catching me with crits here and there. Also I like to run with smn in tank pt (mandatory inclusion for wave 3)and they have a very potent aquaveil that lasts about as long as my self cast. If I don't have a smn I probably have a sch and that's even better.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-10-05 23:02:03  
Ya I'm not gonna macro in a weapon for anything at all, that's just too much, even the su GS can eat a ***. Like I said it hardly ever gets knocked off and I can't get interrupted putting it back up. If I swapped from epeo to nibiru during an aquaveil cast that's almost certainly more trouble than it's worth, plus I like having tp for shockwave (best tagging tool). Earlier today we had a bad Ou run and I can stay alive pretty much indefinitely casting stoneskin over and over and not take any dmg. If I'm casting poisonga I can't get interrupted in that set either since it's capped sird so the opportunity to get interrupted is quite low. Happens in omen more often than wave 3 even though I get hit for less, it's just the volume of mobs catching me with crits here and there. Also I like to run with smn in tank pt (mandatory inclusion for wave 3)and they have a very potent aquaveil that lasts about as long as my self cast. If I don't have a smn I probably have a sch and that's even better.

What I'm trying to figure out, and maybe you can share your aquaveil set...How does your Aquaveil set survive through so many potential uses, if you're midcast set is just SIRD only? Which Aquaveil+ pieces are you using?

Thanks.
By Crossbones 2020-10-05 23:23:58  
I'm not using any aquaveil + pieces. The secret is to take 0 dmg. In most content this is absolutely trivial, just keep phalanx up and with capped pdt you should be eating 0s, only crits get through in omen and dyna wave 1. Stoneskin lasts a long amount of time taking care of the crits. Sometimes stoneskin lasts for minutes, which means I'm getting hit for 0 almost always. I don't have any kind of special stoneskin set either since it just uses my sird set (along with aqua). If you get hit for 0 you can't be interrupted. For wave 2 and beyond you might need some more buffs like an emboldened protect and for wave 3 I have a geo in the tank pt anyways. Indi barrier with cocoon is hilariously busted, I'm sitting at 4k defense and 75 pdt and phalanx, with that much even in wave 3 I'm eating 0s from not only autos but also ws. I don't even bother to engage so it's not like I'm staying alive or avoiding interrupts through parries. If you have a rdm or sch in your pt you can embolden and equip your phalanx received set and have them cast phalanx on you for a really strong phalanx that lasts longer than embolden cooldown so you can have it fulltime.

The secret is always finding a way to get hit for 0s. In my experience this is easy in most cases, either due to being geared properly or making use of buffs / debuffs you'll have anyway. Another perk that getting hit for 0 gives besides negating interrupts is enmity decay. If you aren't getting hit for dmg you can keep hate much better.

If you are wondering about my subs, I sub drk all the time except wave 3 dyna and the occasional ambu in which case I sub blu.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-10-06 01:25:07  
I have a feeling a lot of you that are wondering about SIRD and aquaveil aren't engaging and actively positioning mobs so they're in front of you. I would tank wave 3 without barrier and emboldened phalanx and my results for interrupts and aquaveil wearing on its own were the same as crossbones'. Parrying during casts is huge, especially if your setup isn't guaranteeing zero damage.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-10-06 01:31:39  

Guide states this:

Quote:
Vallation Effect increases the elemental reduction by 1% per merit (5% max per rune) Recommend 0/5 - reason: Only certain fights ingame require this to be merited. Those fights are low man Yakshi, Iroha master trial and Sealed Fate master trial. Very niche merit allocations.

But I actually dumped 5/5 in Vallation instead. I don't feel it's niche at all. Almost every endgame event I do, my party can fare well with some elemental damage reduction.

If you notice in his other guide on bg wiki Shiraj mostly targets debuff elements with his runes, so I'm not really surprised that he values Pflug over Vallation in this guide.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-06 01:56:40  
Back when we were doing Mage Strategies I had 5/5 Gambit recast.
Now I have 5/5 Pflug and 5/5 Vallation, which doesn't seem niche at all to me, rather highly synergical with RUN's role.

5/5 Pflug though... I dunno. Since when I picked it we found out more on how Pflug works, I'm not sure it's worth it anymore honestly.

For group#2 I have 4/5 Battuta, 5/5 Rayke and 1/5 Inspiration.
1/5 because I need that one merit to cap my FC precast sets (I could cap without if I wanted, but it would hurt my HP too much).
5/5 Rayke is... I dunno. Was vital during the mage strategies I mentioned above, these days it's "just" a cool situational tool to have.
Then again it's not like Sleight of Words is an interesting option, so...
By Nariont 2020-10-06 06:05:21  
Always preferred the +10 ele resist 5/5 rune enhancement gave over pflug
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-10-06 07:39:10  

Guide states this:

Quote:

Personally, I went 5/5 Vallation and Plug. My reasoning was simple: If Pflug is an additional 15%, adding 5% more raises it to 20%. Which when halved against NM's is an even 10%.

5/5 Vallation seemed like a no brainer. Offering any additional resistance to my party made way more sense to me than putting the merits into one of the other 3 remaining abilities in Category 1.

Just remember, it's a guide not an absolute law.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-10-21 09:46:05  
Taeon Augs until herc 4/5?

phalanx+3
sird(10) or -crit(4)?
Defense 20?
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 14 15