Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide
Destiny's Device - A New/Updated Rune Fencer Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2024-09-09 05:13:40  
If you know a WHM with Gambantein might as well "waste" a run to check if Cursna works but I'm pretty confident if Holy Water with gear doesn't work, then no way Cursna will.

Probably there's a mechanic to proc that cancels the Doom, or maybe they want people to kite August so he never hits you, but I guess you guys already tested that he resists gravity/bind/shadowbind.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-09-09 05:16:41  
Asura.Sechs said: »
If you know a WHM with Gambantein might as well "waste" a run to check if Cursna works but I'm pretty confident if Holy Water with gear doesn't work, then no way Cursna will.
It's impossible for our group to get to that stage to test if we bring a WHM, sadly. It's a fair bit of RNG to spawn Teodor with add order and requires very good execution for optimal DPS to begin with, if we drop any dps/buffer we just cannot make the dps check.

Edit: Off topic, but I'm slowly getting around to updating the guide and gearsets with Odyssey/Sortie stuff. I been lazy the last few years ;p
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-09-09 08:41:22  
I am totally ignorant of the fight so dismiss anything im asking.

Is it en-doom on the first auto attack during a phase or is it every auto attack during a phase? I don't suppose blink tanking or even trying a NIN since most of those mobs have weird rules about shadows/blink and you already said that your comp is pretty much dialed in for dps checks. Same thing applies to fealty for PLD.
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2024-09-09 09:25:49  

Not to derail but I thought Gambantein Cursna was the ONLY 100% anti-doom available at this moment? Or is that out the window now?
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-09-09 09:30:14  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »

Not to derail but I thought Gambantein Cursna was the ONLY 100% anti-doom available at this moment? Or is that out the window now?

Its +100% of the base healing magic skill rate. So at 600 healing magic skill the base rate is 30% removal so Gambanteinn would be 60% base removal rate iirc.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-09 10:44:01  
Gambanteinn can get up to 100% cursna, without it it's only a % chance. You need 650 Healing Magic for this though (requires some ML, ~27 or so, depending on your ebers earring and Fanatic Gloves augments)

Base rate 10+(650/30) = 31.66 * (1+2.16)

ItemSet 396792
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-09 11:18:23  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Stuff like this makes me wonder just wtf SE intended players to do.

Evasion/parry/shadow tank. Not saying it's reasonable, but it seems they want you to either bring multiple tanks (one for earlier phase, one for later), or a tank that's capable of doing both.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-09-09 11:19:58  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »

Evasion/parry/shadow tank. Not saying it's reasonable, but it seems they want you to either bring multiple tanks (one for earlier phase, one for later), or a tank that's capable of doing both.
Teodor's melee hits are magical and aoe. None of those options will prevent him from hitting you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-09 11:43:42  

Teodor's melee hits are magical and aoe. None of those options will prevent him from hitting you.

Hmmm wasn't aware of that. Kite, use pets? Pretty rough.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-09-09 11:48:22  
Hmmm wasn't aware of that. Kite, use pets? Pretty rough.
He cheats with speed hacks.
This is all I can show atm, I kinda lost some footage swapping PCs.
That's why I'm trying to mess with a Resist all set to toy with, who knows.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-09 11:55:19  
Asura.Shiraj said: »

So does Aita, but we kite him

To be clear, I'm not saying any of these things are reasonable, especially with a 6-person party, I'm just saying these things might be what SE expected
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-09-09 12:01:08  
Asura.Shiraj said: »

So does Aita, but we kite him

To be clear, I'm not saying any of these things are reasonable, especially with a 6-person party, I'm just saying these things might be what SE expected
I fully agree they may have been considered, but in reality we can't change our comp up. Teodor resists Soul Voice Nitro Lullaby, elegy etc I doubt a Gravity would land even in the unrealistic chance you can even bring a RDM there and don't need Stymie elsewhere.

Just trying to think of cheese methods to nullify/absorb his stuff.

Edit: his auto attacks have a range of 25"~ range so yeah holding hate and kiting with GEO gravity just ain't realistic also.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17