Corona Virus, How Has It Affected Your Area So Far?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
Corona Virus, How has it affected your area so far?
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 129 130 131
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-03 15:37:16  
Caerda said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean it's just human decency. I don't mind if a couple hundred thousand people end up stealing $1200 from our corrupt gov if it helps them in a time of need. Trump is going to steal every cent that isn't stolen first.

You that clueless? That money comes from taxes we pay.

it's going to get stolen regardless. i'd rather have it feed someone than pay for another $45,000 golf cart rental.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 15:38:25  
I mean it's just human decency. I don't mind if a couple hundred thousand people end up stealing $1200 from our corrupt gov if it helps them in a time of need. Trump is going to steal every cent that isn't stolen first.

You that clueless? That money comes from taxes we pay.

it's going to get stolen regardless. i'd rather have it feed someone than pay for another $45,000 golf cart rental.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 15:41:31  
I mean, if you are really that hell bent on government spending, then make some points about cutting wasteful spending.

Calling it UBI is just sugarcoating the issue. This isn't UBI at all. This is a temporary stimulus to maintain the economy during a pandemic. There is a huge difference!
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-03 15:45:36  
Some people think that if a person sneaks into your country and starts claiming benefits, that's stealing too. So whatever. Both are stealing and the only thing that's true is that the people who actually pay their taxes are the ones who get screwed. But you don't pay all your taxes, so your POV is warped.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 15:58:26  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Some people think that if a person sneaks into your country and starts claiming benefits, that's stealing too.
Since it is illegal to claim federal benefits, I guess it only applies to those who live in the same state. I live in Texas so I don't give a flying fart if California pays for all of their illegal immigrants or not, because it doesn't affect me at all.

But you don't pay all your taxes, so your POV is warped.
I guess it depends on your perspective on "paying all your taxes" and what it means.

Does it mean paying the legally required amount after deductions, or does it mean paying the full amount and not taking any deductions at all? I own my own business, so I take all the deductions I am legally allowed to. I feel like I paid all of my taxes, but some people will claim that I need to pay more because I make well over a million a year but only pay 13.4% (all of my income is capital gains). I still pay all of my taxes I'm legally required to, so I don't feel like I owe more than I paid, nor do I feel like giving charity to the federal government.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 15:59:00  
DirectX said: »
I think I have coronavirus but I doubt I can even get checked if I wanted to.
Brits don't have tests? Or do you guys buy the tests from China?

If you buy it from China, well, sucks to be you then.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2020-04-03 16:56:27  
I think I have coronavirus but I doubt I can even get checked if I wanted to.

Just head to Kireek's place to get checked out for sure
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-03 18:13:25  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Some people think that if a person sneaks into your country and starts claiming benefits, that's stealing too.
Since it is illegal to claim federal benefits, I guess it only applies to those who live in the same state. I live in Texas so I don't give a flying fart if California pays for all of their illegal immigrants or not, because it doesn't affect me at all.

But you don't pay all your taxes, so your POV is warped.
I guess it depends on your perspective on "paying all your taxes" and what it means.

Does it mean paying the legally required amount after deductions, or does it mean paying the full amount and not taking any deductions at all? I own my own business, so I take all the deductions I am legally allowed to. I feel like I paid all of my taxes, but some people will claim that I need to pay more because I make well over a million a year but only pay 13.4% (all of my income is capital gains). I still pay all of my taxes I'm legally required to, so I don't feel like I owe more than I paid, nor do I feel like giving charity to the federal government.
Then you have paid your taxes. When I said Eiryl wasn't paying it's because he pulls an entire salary from selling gil and doesn't declare that at all.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-04-03 18:34:07  
You know, as rough as things are looking, at least America doesn't enforce public executions.....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-president-coronavirus-lockdown-shoot-people-dead/

The president of the Phillipeans on the other hand has authorized their law enforcement to use lethal force against their own citizens who don't adhere to the stay at home mandate.
 Shiva.Zerowone
サーバ: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2020-04-03 18:35:53  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
You know, as rough as things are looking, at least America doesn't enforce public executions.....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-president-coronavirus-lockdown-shoot-people-dead/

The president of the Phillipeans on the other hand has authorized their law enforcement to use lethal force against their own citizens who don't adhere to the stay at home mandate.

Don’t give us any ideas.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 18:41:32  
When I said Eiryl wasn't paying it's because he pulls an entire salary from selling gil and doesn't declare that at all.
That's his choice, and anyone who has ever bought gil from him can report him to the IRS to earn 15~30% of his back taxes for reporting him.

No skin off my nose to be honest.

Is salary the right word for that?

It's neither a salary nor a wage really.
It's self-employment income, which is worse because it is subject to self-employment taxes.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-03 18:42:49  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »

Nothing new from that lunatic.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-04-03 18:44:17  
No, but it's still disturbing nonetheless.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-03 18:51:12  
Nothing like a good revolution to keep governments honest.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2020-04-03 18:56:58  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
When I said Eiryl wasn't paying it's because he pulls an entire salary from selling gil and doesn't declare that at all.
That's his choice, and anyone who has ever bought gil from him can report him to the IRS to earn 15~30% of his back taxes for reporting him.

No skin off my nose to be honest.

Is salary the right word for that?

It's neither a salary nor a wage really.
It's self-employment income, which is worse because it is subject to self-employment taxes.
I just used the word salary to express that his undeclared amount is alone enough money for a person to live on. I get that it's not actually a salary.
By Draylo 2020-04-03 19:54:52  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
It's your life dude, nobody is forcing you to report your income and the chances you get caught aren't that high. But, if you were to get caught, it would totally and completely *** your life over by the sounds of it.

Those numbers are not everything either, because many of the people making that amount of money are not visibly cheating on their taxes. Audits are triggered by records not matching up primarily, and most people aren't completely skipping income sources. Sure, the rate is higher for extremely high income numbers, because random audits also start to become prevalent in those brackets.

But, this is 'percent of taxpayers audited by income bracket', not 'percent of tax cheats who got audited', I would wager the second value is much, much higher. Most people who cheat on their taxes are taking extra deductions that are subjective and not worth chasing. If the IRS gets a 1099k that has no matching income reported it's going to almost certainly result in an audit.

I pay my taxes so I don't have to entertain that possibility, personal choice.

I know a lot of people working certain jobs that they obviously won't report. The IRS rarely goes for a little guy making 100k or less. Many of them have been doing it for 8+ years. It isn't as common as you're eluding to. Definitely always preferable to play safe though and report something.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-04-03 22:09:27  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Nevada just closed it's borders.

This is not true

https://news3lv.com/news/local/highway-patrol-assures-residents-that-nevada-california-border-remains-open
you were right! for now...
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-04-03 23:58:33  
Draylo said: »
I know a lot of people working certain jobs that they obviously won't report. The IRS rarely goes for a little guy making 100k or less. Many of them have been doing it for 8+ years. It isn't as common as you're eluding to. Definitely always preferable to play safe though and report something.

Not talking about the guy running an in person job with no paper trail. Talking about Eiryl making whatever he made digitally with his bank account tied directly to it. Might be the little guy, but if paypal ties the accounts together and 1099-ks him, that's almost certainly an audit.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-04-04 04:03:55  
Trump's amazing business management skills
YouTube Video Placeholder

By orangemanbad 2020-04-04 08:51:06  

Or you could just call it a UBI and everyone is getting some loot for being imprisoned per month. So everyone qualifies.

Do you even understand the concept of taxes or do you pay someone to understand that for you ?
[+]
By orangemanbad 2020-04-04 08:54:01  
No one is "stealing" 1200 dollars. The federal government is basically giving us and businesses an interest free loan.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-04-04 09:29:42  
Well, we don't have to worry about caronavirus anymore.

Jared is in charge. Now we KNOW we are ******.
[+]
By Odinz 2020-04-04 09:48:47  
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-04-04 10:16:16  
orangemanbad said: »

Or you could just call it a UBI and everyone is getting some loot for being imprisoned per month. So everyone qualifies.

Do you even understand the concept of taxes or do you pay someone to understand that for you ?

He doesn't pay taxes.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 129 130 131