Not Sure Why I Had An Insult Thrown At Me.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Not sure why I had an insult thrown at me.
Not sure why I had an insult thrown at me.
By Mattelot 2020-03-18 13:44:20  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Jesus you guys are ***. OP learn a lesson from this, people will insult you over the internet for any perceived "mistake" they can conjure up in their sad little epeen minds. Ignore them, I see a fresh batch of trolls to ignore here though.

Nothing proves you're a tough guy better than insulting people over the internet.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-18 14:40:27  
Every time someone insults me I create a thread on ffxiah.

So far I've created 33,234 threads.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-03-18 16:03:42  
Kazaki said: »
You got an insult from a guy who said the fix to not being able to cancel the quest is to cancel the quest. I wouldn't think too much into it and a whole new thread about it is just unnecessary drama.

LOL well spotted ;)
By billnes 2020-03-18 16:45:14  
fonewear said: »
billnes said: »
Packet Injection?

YouTube Video Placeholder

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52073/question-on-packets/

https://github.com/Windower/Lua/wiki/Packet-Functions

http://forums.windower.net/index.php@sharelink=download%3BaHR0cDovL2ZvcnVtcy53aW5kb3dlci5uZXQvaW5kZXgucGhwPy90b3BpYy83NC1pbmplY3RpbmctcGFja2V0cy1pbnRvLWZmeGkv%3BSW5qZWN0aW5nIHBhY2tldHMgaW50byBGRlhJ.html

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/126049-Just-Got-LM-11d-for-no-reason-anyone-else/page6
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-18 17:18:23  
I've been careful no one knows exactly what a packet is or what it does.

They are dangerous.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-03-18 17:46:51  
Just use a reverse card on any insults bro. Works 100% of the time 0% of the time.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-03-18 20:30:29  
I'm still wondering what kind of wimp thinks that is actually an insult anymore. Not to mention that his posts literally give people cancer...
By Jetackuu 2020-03-18 20:32:21  
You got an insult from a guy who said the fix to not being able to cancel the quest is to cancel the quest. I wouldn't think too much into it and a whole new thread about it is just unnecessary drama.

People are idiots and 99.9% of the time an issue is on their end, especially if they won't be helped by a GM. Too bad you're too ignorant to comprehend such a thing.

Evidence? See: Every thread for it/not being able to reforge ever (sans the DP upgrade known issue from when augmenting REMA came out).
[+]
By billnes 2020-03-18 22:33:30  
Jetackuu said: »

People are idiots and 99.9% of the time an issue is on their end, especially if they won't be helped by a GM. Too bad you're too ignorant to comprehend such a thing.

Evidence? See: Every thread for it/not being able to reforge ever (sans the DP upgrade known issue from when augmenting REMA came out).

I'm really glad to see that this Jetackuu is replying to posts in this thread. Seeing his posts are reconfirming what I already know and what I believe a lot of other people here know: Almost nobody wants to be an educator anymore. The art of education is dying and if Jetackuu and people like him refuse to turn themselves around, education will truly become a lost art. My fear is that if the art of education truly does die, the void left behind will be filled by nothing more than flames and hate. That would truly be a tragedy.

I also believe that some of the other posts in this thread act to reconfirm that as a nation, the United States is not investing enough time/energy/resources into mental health issues. Will too much FFXI drive you insane? It absolutely will, but that's a whole different thread.

I like to believe that if this Jetackuu was truly in his right mind, he would come to this realization: If he took 3/4 of effort it takes to spit his vitriol/poison and turned it towards writing posts that educated the reader, the FFXIAH forums would be 1000% better - nothing like the 4chan-esque raw sewage line that these forums are right now.

I'd like to think that others here share my view. Thank you so much for your understanding.
 Asura.Friedrik
サーバ: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-18 22:48:56  
That's a pageant answer if I've ever seen one

[+]
By sumo 2020-03-18 23:29:27  
Pageant Answer

I'd like to think that others here share my view.

You'd like to think so, but I, like most others, are here for the ***posting. Thanks for playing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2020-03-18 23:47:35  
sumo said: »
Pageant Answer

You'd like to think so, but I, like most others, are here for the ***posting. Thanks for playing.

I come here for the lost art of education, thanks.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-19 00:39:55  
Bismarck.Gippali said: »
sumo said: »
Pageant Answer

I come here for the lost art of education, thanks.

Pretty sure he is just illustrating how people are choosing to display this so called intellect of theirs, or lack thereof.

Even if you are not here to learn, you can still act like, ya know, civilized human beings, instead of trash talking every single person you choose to dislike.

It's a lamentation, people act like trash, and are only getting worse.
By Odinz 2020-03-19 04:35:45  
had a good chuckle from this thread. you *** are beautiful.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-19 05:54:09  
Odinz said: »
had a good chuckle from this thread. you *** are beautiful.

Thank you, Allfather
By Pantafernando 2020-03-19 06:09:27  
Not sure why this thread is still going on.
By Mattelot 2020-03-19 06:27:32  
Shits n giggles
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-03-19 06:31:24  
It's all we have.
[+]
 Odin.Ohm
サーバ: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Ohm 2020-03-19 07:33:20  
Yall need Jesus
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-03-19 07:36:40  
Odin.Ohm said: »
Yall need Jesus
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-19 09:33:43  
Asura.Friedrik said: »
That's a pageant answer if I've ever seen one

Everywhere like such as the FFXIAH and South Africa !
By fonewear 2020-03-19 09:34:42  
Pantafernando said: »
Not sure why this thread is still going on.

Because who doesn't like to revel in the misfortune of others !
By fonewear 2020-03-19 09:37:18  
Jetackuu said: »

I'm really glad to see that this Jetackuu is replying to posts in this thread. Seeing his posts are reconfirming what I already know and what I believe a lot of other people here know: Almost nobody wants to be an educator anymore. The art of education is dying and if Jetackuu and people like him refuse to turn themselves around, education will truly become a lost art. My fear is that if the art of education truly does die, the void left behind will be filled by nothing more than flames and hate. That would truly be a tragedy.

I also believe that some of the other posts in this thread act to reconfirm that as a nation, the United States is not investing enough time/energy/resources into mental health issues. Will too much FFXI drive you insane? It absolutely will, but that's a whole different thread.

I like to believe that if this Jetackuu was truly in his right mind, he would come to this realization: If he took 3/4 of effort it takes to spit his vitriol/poison and turned it towards writing posts that educated the reader, the FFXIAH forums would be 1000% better - nothing like the 4chan-esque raw sewage line that these forums are right now.

I'd like to think that others here share my view. Thank you so much for your understanding.

I personally believe that umm gamemasters should help create education better !

Thank you !
By Mattelot 2020-03-19 09:40:42  
fonewear said: »
I personally believe that umm gamemasters should help

I wish for just this part alone
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-19 09:41:26  
Gamemasters have a lot of powers. Mostly the power to say "I'm sorry" a lot.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-03-19 09:43:49  
You are NOT wrong about that.
By billnes 2020-03-19 17:14:22  
Why is this thread still going on?

From the combination of reading the leaked GM manual from 2006, the Dark Star Project Team Forums and threads all over the internet, it appears that the statements below are facts. If these statements contain mistakes or lack critical details why can't I be corrected instead of insulted? It really is just that simple...

1. DLL (Dynamic-link library) files are a thing. They exist. If there's a Wikipedia entry about it - it's a thing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic-link_library

2. The client used by GMs and the client used by subscribers are different. GM commands exist that subscribing players can not access. The following is a excerpt from the 2006 leaked manual. This is section 7.9, entitled GM Commands, found on pages 53-54:

Quote:
Within the GM Client, GM commands exist that common players cannot access. This feature allows the GMs to be able to transfer a character, change the running speed of a character, check the information of a character, and more. With these GM commands, GMs can rescue stuck players or respond to harassment or grief tactics. Although this function is necessary in GM operations, using the function in an inappropriate matter may result in negative influence within the game world. All GMs need to understand the function and purpose of using the GM commands. Please be very careful when using the GM commands.

Section 7.9 continues on to give a partial listing of the GM-Only Commands. This list is found on pages 54-55. There is a different section in this leaked manual about "forbidden commands". I decided to leave that out to stop this post from becoming too long.

Quote:
//gm goto playername - goes to a player in the same zone: //gm goto Moonlite
//gm goto npc npcname - goes to an NPC in the same zone: //gm goto npc Mog
//gm wg player - goes to a player not in the same zone: //gm wg Moonlite
//gm goto actindex # - goes to a NPC or Object in zone: //gm goto actindex 35
//gm char actindex - brings up the list of NPCs and Objects with in the zone only 5 at a time.
//gm speed 1-2000 - GM run speed. Default is 40, Chocobo is 100: //gm speed 100
//gm hack - collisions off. Can go through objects, walls, etc.
//gm invis on/off - makes GM invisible
//gm ignore on/off - makes monsters ignore GMs.
//gm nodamage - makes it so GMs do not take damage.
//gm invul on/off - makes it so GMs do not take damage.
//gm gmake # -- makes Gil.
//gm cinfo - gives us a PC's information.
//gm freeze <t> --on/off -- freezes a PC targeted.
//gm posget <t> --gives cood/loc of players. Good to get before Jailing.
//gm jail# <t> - sends targeted PC to a specific jail number: //gm jail 4 <t>
//gm unjail <t> - moves a targeted PC from jail to their Home Point
//gm zmove zone# cood <t> -- moves an unjailed PC to a specific loc: //gm zmove zone 210 2105 <t>
//transfer <t> - summons a targeted player to GM.
//gm showids - a /who in the zone. Wise to do before unhiding. Also shows NPCs.
//gm kick <t> - will world kick the player you have targeted: //gm kick Moonlite
//gm squelch onloff - silences a player (Do not use without consulting with a Senior GM)
//gm gmtell name "message" yes/no - //gm gmtell Moonlite "Are you Happy?" Yes No
//gm item list <t> all - lists all items in inventory/lbank/storage
//gm scitemlist <t> - lists all key items.
//gm aucwork <t> shows target's auction house activity
//gm reqpost <t> shows target's delivery box activity

If //gm reqpost <t> is a command that a GM can use, it seems fairly obvious that someplace within all the directories of the installed GM-Only client there must be a reqpost.dll... If Imilky, being a paying player and not being a GM had somehow acquired this DLL and knew the correct directory where it needed to be, it still would not do him any good. Why?? Imilky, being a paying player does not have a GM flag. Without the GM flag, the GM-Only reqpost.dll will not work.

For example, if a GM can't help Imilky and he exhausts all the NPC-interaction options, how will he unchank his quest? The only option I see is resorting to Packet Injection... If Imilky can find somebody to write a Lua script and educate him on how to apply it, he will have no other option to try it. To use the script that some kind soul will hopefully write for him, Imilky will also have to accept risk of getting banhammered for the use of Packet Injection.

In this reply, I made every effort to cover GM interaction, NPC interaction and Packet Injection. If someone out there knows for a fact that there's something I missed, I'd welcome them to say something.

Thank you.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-19 17:24:48  
The forced quarantine messed with his head.

Slightly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-19 17:35:51  
If these statements contain mistakes or lack critical details why can't I be corrected instead of insulted? It really is just that simple...

This right here, this is what civil people expect, this is the reason why mods exist. This is the reason why XIAH is turning into allakazam. XIAH used to have some standards.

So far not a single one of you who enjoy talking smack have even slightly attempted to correct what you presume to be wrong with his ideas.
[+]