フォーラム » FFXI » General » Primed For Adventure
Primed For Adventure
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-21 21:31:05  
So rare I have to call it out when it actually happens.

The community rep actually playing the *** game. (valefor)

(and there was a primed yesterday, no one cared)
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-21 21:54:33  
Too late too little
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-21 22:26:27  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So rare I have to call it out when it actually happens.

The community rep actually playing the *** game. (valefor)

(and there was a primed yesterday, no one cared)

Apparently for quite a few hours in the last week... and she's relaxed and seems so much more familiar with what's going on with the game than they do during the official streams.

What gives. She seems capable of doing more, but it appears that's not what's wanted by the people paying for it?
By Seun 2022-05-21 23:16:02  
Odin.Lusiphur said: »
What gives. She seems capable of doing more, but it appears that's not what's wanted by the people paying for it?

The official stream is aimed at new players. Obviously they have to limit their activities to something that a newer player would have access to. It's boring for those of us with more experience, but it's not meant for us.
 Odin.Lusiphur
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-21 23:40:49  
Seun said: »
The official stream is aimed at new players. Obviously they have to limit their activities to something that a newer player would have access to. It's boring for those of us with more experience, but it's not meant for us.

New players burn through most of the content they have featured up to this point in an afternoon or two...
By Seun 2022-05-22 00:01:34  
Odin.Lusiphur said: »
Seun said: »

New players burn through most of the content they have featured up to this point in an afternoon or two...

Sounds right. You get enough info or tips from the stream to get going and then you decide if you enjoy it enough to keep going. I don't think it's meant as a step by step guide from noob to endgame. People figure out on their own whether or not they're cut out for that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
By Draylo 2022-08-02 03:46:39  
Did we forget this existed? Why are they bothering doing boring low level crap
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-02 04:56:39  
I didn't forget, but no one seemed to give a ***so I stopped bumping it.

And they do that cause it's the only thing the potato reps are capable of doing.
[+]
By Seun 2022-08-02 07:16:33  
Draylo said: »
Did we forget this existed? Why are they bothering doing boring low level crap

The stream is still for new players. "Boring, low level crap" is exactly what veterans should expect new players are doing. Things we don't really care about. It still appears to be working properly.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-02 07:46:31  
It was fun, I enjoyed it.

Didn't bother looking for this thread to bump it for reasons Eiryl had mentioned.

I'd go so far as to say I prefer watching low-level shenanigans over end-game grinding on a Twitch stream. Final Fantasy XI isn't really designed to be viewed as a spectator, so having constant shifts of scenery is a good way to keep things visually interesting.
By Draylo 2022-08-02 20:02:12  
Not in my opinion, I rather see them doing things like Omen or Odyssey or Ambuscade or anything relevant... hell they can farm empyrean or something obscure like Monstrosity. I find it incredibly boring for them to be displaying what every single 75 cap thumper is streaming on private servers as they are power leveled. Its crap that isn't bringing anyone in, there are no new players. Most want to see people enjoying the game or things they havent done and I dont see low lvls as entertaining when its almost entirely skipped. Nobody does exp parties like they were doing.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-02 20:04:50  
Here's the dilemma.

Aya and Danielle, literally can't. They're incapable. They cannot even make a damn macro properly.

So, you can either keep the potatoes and do the garbage they're able to do. Or you fire their worthless ***, and get competent reps, and do the stuff "we" would rather see done. And that isn't going to happen, so

They could also learn to play and stop being potatoes, but why would they. Bare minimums.

It would be cool to see v25 Odyssey bosses on the test server with 6 competent humans, even if they use godmode, but let's keep it 100, there aren't 6 humans in the entire directory that could pull it off even with hacks.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-02 20:24:10  
I feel like I've beaten this thing to death.

The reps are an embarrassment, but you're (all) fine with that (complacent enough to not push the topic, anyway), so it is what it is.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-02 20:57:54  
You'd think they could hire someone like Ejin. Like, sponsor him and throw him on their main channel as promotion.

It's not like they're not already paying money for some level of content. It would probably even be cheaper; possibly even free.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-02 21:13:29  
It's a little bit incompetence. A little bit apathy. A little bit arrogance.

They have no shortage of coders, testers, developers, representatives, GM's, translators, if they gave the *** required to accept them. And they would all do it for free.

None of their "problems" are actually lack of staff, or budget, or inability. Everything is why bother.

Sometimes I wonder why they keep the reps they have in the first place, they clearly don't do anything to earn those paychecks. Maybe they're nepotism hires. Cousins of someone in HR.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-02 21:25:45  
Well I am just commenting because I am almost sure they have seen this here. Well, they seem like nice kids but the content is complete garbage. I would rather see them struggling against v0 bosses or ambuscade then a completely boring snooze fest of pretending exping low levels is still relevant. Its a complete appeal to those dumb private server mouth breathers. They are gone. They are never coming back, stop trying to appeal to them. I'm sure SE is behind the shift in their stream content tho, they love to keep appealing to that crowd with content even tho they dont bite.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-08-03 00:16:54  
I'm embarrassed to be playing the same game as those streamers...
[+]
By Seun 2022-08-03 01:48:46  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I'm embarrassed to be playing the same game as those streamers...

Considering that they're usually saddled between the guy who swears he loves the game, but has been banned for exploiting it so much that I've started counting on toes or the guy who had his jobs mastered before he understood the difference between precast and midcast, but swears his dues are paid. Those girls are harmless.

Odyssey is the embarrassment honestly. Players are extra sweaty about earning segments so they can toss them at amps to get progress for failed runs. There used to be a streamer that showed Odyssey progression and RP. While the progression was somewhat entertaining to watch, the RP was basically 2 mins of zerg and 13 mins of random discord banter. Is that true endgame now?
By Draylo 2022-08-23 02:26:45  
Date & Time:
Friday, August 26, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. (PDT)

Are we gonna see some Sortie and relevant content on the stream!? Or we betting on lv1 rabbit bopping.
By RadialArcana 2022-08-23 03:07:47  
The streams are literally aimed at FFXIV players, why would they show the endgame grind when the point is to show them out to get through the first few hours. Most new players quit in the first few hours, cause they have no idea what to do.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-23 07:40:49  
I'm just surprised they're doing this twice within a one-month span.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
By Draylo 2022-10-02 02:04:43  
Keep missing it because this isn't bumped anymore, oops. Just low level crap again
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-02 05:28:36  
I said the same thing, completely forgot again.

I did see them do level 50 break... and "mysteriously" there were no bomb coal bots, even though takagicyan or brainstem or one of the random shittier spark thieves are there 24/7

(Yes, they play on Asura on the company stream)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2022-10-02 16:48:01  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I said the same thing, completely forgot again.

I did see them do level 50 break... and "mysteriously" there were no bomb coal bots, even though takagicyan or brainstem or one of the random shittier spark thieves are there 24/7

(Yes, they play on Asura on the company stream)

I was wondering if they still were, I didn't see as many people a few camps they went to
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-10-02 19:23:25  
I (now) have a character on Asura. I tried interacting with them and they just ignored me so I logged out XD
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-10-02 19:34:44  
What did you think would happen, they would interact with the community like some sort of representative or something?
By Draylo 2022-10-03 00:09:26  
They usually react, I like to come in monstrosity monsters lol
By RadialArcana 2022-10-03 10:14:40  
Streaming is kind of stressful, it's not so much they ignore you as such they are concentrating on their job. Trying to be entertaining to watch.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13