サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 01:36:53  
Quick breakdown of Sheol: Gaol

First 3 Moglophone IIs are free
Your ordinary Moglophone is not consumed upon entry

Staging Area:
Moogle Mastery carries into Sheol: Gaol
Takes 57 seconds to load inventory and bags. Literally.
Storage is not accessible
There are no Porter Moogles (bring gear beforehand)
Meds are wiped entering the Staging area, and then wiped again entering the battle. I lost Reraise twice this way.
You can select which boss you want to kill. There were 4 initially, and the boss is removed from the list when you kill it the next time around.
The first time through there was no difficulty setting

Battle:
You can call trusts in battle, but as soon as you use them, they dim out. Then disappear from menu when you close it.
You can't re-use same trusts AT ALL, even in the same boss fight. This makes recovering from a wipe annoying since you have to use new trusts.
You CAN call trusts after they die mid-fight, but again, can't be same trust you used.
For some reason, my UC Sylvie was not available for any of the fights. Not sure if this is a glitch or intended. Kind of stupid.
This zone is insanely bad with lag. Like dynamis-D lag bad. It took me 5 seconds to see any actions I did. This makes it hard to keep track of things like debuffs, shadows etc.

NMs:

Gogmagog - Dullahan. Nothing special, died in 3 minutes on MNK. Used August to tank
U Bnai - Acuex. Killed on BLU. Just continued to wipe shadows. Used Mnejing to tank
Sgili - orange Umbril. Uses an AOE doom move Terminal Bloom. Save your whm trusts that can -na for him, or bring holy waters. I died to him, but was able to recover and kill him.
NMs don't recover HP in the event of a wipe.

Overall, the fights were very easy. Will have to see what else is available on the next entry.

After fight, you get KI for NM you kill (i.e. Information on Sgili KI). You get a message saying you can't re-enter on that job.
Timer from last staging area resumes

You return to staging area after first two fights. Return to Rabao after 3rd.

After first set of 3 kills, Moogle allows you to buy items from him. It's a gear shop that costs real gil to buy it. This is probably what is going to go up or down in price (smart way of doing this).

It looks like the price goes down. Pilgrim Moogle says this: "I can provide you with services for cheaper if you continue your investigations into Dealan-dhe, kupo".

Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-01-12 01:46:02  
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
I killed Acuex which was 3rd in the list, then 4th is Dullahan which allows me to buy, Neo Animator and Coiste Bodhar ammo with DA/STP +3

Also... they didn't F-ing mention about not being able to use unity trusts in there!

Oh, I just thought I had been lazy and didn't do unity enough :x
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 01:49:03  
The fight were easy because they are probably set to Very Easy and meant to only be to unlock item at shop. If you clear the boss, next time it will probably have option to choose difficulty and higher difficulty will give higher RP.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-12 01:52:35  
Siren.Codegen said: »
Also I was able to buy back more moglophone2s right away, but don't have an option to enter the boss area anymore, so it must be locked to once a day regardless of key item, at least for a solo player.

I was able to buy 3 Moglophones and re-enter right away, so you must have to have 3 to even get the Sheol Gaol 124 option. The only restriction to this is segments.
 Siren.Codegen
サーバ: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-01-12 01:57:28  
yeah same for me, I couldn't use sylvie unity, could use the other ones, and the gear I bought was 2m each, meaning that's the base cost (I was entry #1 on my server), unclear if they will become cheaper or more pricey as more are killed on the server by others.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 02:00:37  
Siren.Codegen said: »
yeah same for me, I couldn't use sylvie unity, could use the other ones, and the gear I bought was 2m each, meaning that's the base cost (I was entry #1 on my server), unclear if they will become cheaper or more pricey as more are killed on the server by others.

I think its based on your effort and price is only for you, not for everyone.
By alamihgo 2021-01-12 02:05:42  
*** up my trust menu sorting good and proper. thanks Matsui.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 02:25:27  
endxen said: »
Well this will be done in a couple days... Easy nm's

Like I said, it probably starts with Very Easy difficulty then you can go up. Ambuscade Very Easy is also easy.
By alamihgo 2021-01-12 02:29:50  
Did Gog a second time on my second foray and didn't earn any RP in the menu. I suppose you have to buy the item first.

Looks like the moogle doesn't "count" your contribution since there's 4 intro NMs and 3 moglophones. I did 3+3 runs and moogle talks to you after... so do the 4 unique NMs first and leave if you have a mind to grind RP. You can select +x modifiers to NMs after.

Gog +5 gets Hundred Fists. 68 RP for solo w/ trusts. No change to the price of Coiste Bodhar with +5 recorded on the moogle.
[+]
By Lioncourt 2021-01-12 02:30:37  
Satchel, case or sack accessible from Gaol?
 Odin.Demhar
サーバ: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-12 02:45:30  
Lioncourt said: »

Just cleared
Items avaialable are:

Atonement 1:
Hesperiidae 2Mil
Epitaph 2Mil
Neo Animator 2Mil
By Manque 2021-01-12 02:49:17  
Sorry, I don't know much about 'RP' progression, but like theory-crafting.

Maybe the number of augment slots is tied to the difficulty level of the NM?
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 02:49:19  
Odin.Demhar said: »
Lioncourt said: »

Just cleared
Items avaialable are:
Hesperiidae 2Mil
Epitaph 2Mil
Neo Animator 2Mil

I think he was asking about if you can access your satchel case or sack to store/get gear from them. Its kinda obvious you can tho, so I kinda understand you got confused lol
 Odin.Demhar
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-12 02:50:41  
YouTube Video Placeholder
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 05:43:15  
Kaggra delivers :O

By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 05:52:45  
Ok, how could that guy do all 6 NMs in less than a couple of hours after update?

Isnt the content just done once a day? And at cost of KI?
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 05:56:55  
Pantafernando said: »
Ok, how could that guy do all 6 NMs in less than a couple of hours after update?

There is no mention of daily limitations for Moglophone II, other than the 3k segments you need to spend for each.

If that guy had lotsa segments before the patch, then he could buy lotsa moglophones, I guess?

Not sure myself, I've asked the daily limitation question in another thread already, but unless I missed something there is no mention about it in the patch notes. So the "limitation" is bounced back to the Moglophone I, which is needed to farm Segments, which are required to buy Moglophone II (with no intrinsic limitation other than the pre-requirement ones)
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 06:01:42  
Yeah, he proved you can do as much NM run as you want if you have the fragments.

What potentially lead to develop even more efficient methods to farm it.
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 06:03:04  
Pantafernando said: »

NM battles are not once per day and in eariler video I showcasing Kaggra doing Odyssey (I asked for someone to translate it), you could see he had 65k segments. He was simply farming segments from the first day they were introduced, which was in.. November update?

EDIT: I added (edited in previous post) another video he just uploaded. With dagger this time.
By ksoze 2021-01-12 06:07:59  
these new mob names are created during a creative process called face to keyboard
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 06:12:45  
What are the Segments farming numbers you can expect?
 Asura.Kendlar
user: dropy
By Asura.Kendlar 2021-01-12 06:15:51  
The fact that it moves all your used trusts to the bottom of the trust list is just total bs...
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 06:28:29  
ksoze said: »
these new mob names are created during a creative process called face to keyboard

Devs benchmarking RMTs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 07:04:28  
Asura.Sechs said: »
What are the Segments farming numbers you can expect?

If you focus on farming segments? Kaggra was pulling 4300-4800 farming just trash mobs in Path C in full party group.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-12 07:09:30  
So I guess focus on mobs is the best path to farm segments?
Ignoring chests, Agon and NMs.

Hmmm...
By Pantafernando 2021-01-12 07:10:42  
I guess its best to farm it close to exit so you can also collect the money reward from it.

Actually, this approach should be one reason of the gear costing gil. The amount generated due more people farming segment is also destroyed by purchasing the gear.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-12 07:14:35  
You have plenty of time to fully clear floor 1 and 2 of C minus the Agons and killing groups of mobs on the way to the exits on floor 3 and 4.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-01-12 07:15:17  
The fact that these NMs can be solo’d is quite disappointing.

Is there a way to make the NMs harder?

Also, does everyone need the moglophone 2 or only party leader?
By SimonSes 2021-01-12 07:27:57  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Is there a way to make the NMs harder?

Quote:
Augmenting Equipment

1. Purchase a piece of equipment

2. Augmenting equipment earned from defeating monster A is done by defeating monster A.

3. You must defeat the monster on a level equal to or greater than that of your equipment’scurrent augment level.

4. RP can be earned from defeating a boss or decreasing its HP.

5. Use RP by interacting with the ??? in Rabao (G-6) and trading your desired piece of equipment.

All the fight you have seen so far are probably easiest difficulty. If it scales like Ambuscade and NMs even get access to new mechanics on higher difficulty, it wont be that easy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 238 239 240