2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 238 239 240
By Pantafernando 2020-08-17 02:22:37  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't know if I mentioned this before, but if you die to an NM after it pops its adds, the adds depop, but the NM retains whatever Buff it got from using it's 1hr. Had this happen to me a few times on previous NMs but was reminded of it again last night when I fought an NM.

Also, I stumbled on a gimmick (while fumbling for my Reward macro) for dumping adds if you play pet jobs. Couldn't get the ability off, pet dies, and it was the only acting on the adds, so they depop. Of course, Akidu kept his insane defense bonus. You can probably replicate this by having a mule account do the same without anyone else acting on them.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Also, the -90% DT effect to secondary targets via AOE does not apply to the popped NM's adds:

I had this happen when i first popped a NM. I consider that adds despawning was spme unique feat to NM popped from izzat, but indeed, it could be a weird condition that if any player dies, adds despawn. When that happened to me, it wasnt even a full wipe. Just the popper died then few secs later the adds depopped
 Siren.Codegen
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-08-17 02:53:50  
Siren.Codegen said: »
One difference I notice with the same trust summoned in SheolB compared to outside (I tested in past areas in case there was a sigil effect) is at least HP shows a difference, AAEV was 3009 outside and 3043 inside. It's not much but it could be used to at least see how things scale up at different levels of moogle mastery, would be especially interesting if it didn't just scale up linearly as there might be some hope for bigger jumps at higher levels.

What MM level are you Codegen? I checked inside + outside Odyssey with a similar trust set I roll with. I did notice the trusts start out with their base HP/MP values they have outside Odyssey, and then regen/refresh to their max inside, so it's definitely coming from the MM.

The bonus is really small though. +51HP/+20MP to AAEV at MM20 >.>
I am MM18 (14 from A 4 from B) so looks like it's either not linear and higher levels add a lot more (+34 for the first MM0->18 and another +17 for just 2 level from MM18->MM20?),

or what seem more likely is somehow only the levels in B affect trusts HP in B, in which case if I assume your MM20 is also MM14A + MM6B then it would fit linear increases of 17HP every 2 MM within that area, My MM4 in B is 17*2=34 and your MM6 is 17*3=51

Would be interesting to know AAEV HP in A from MM14~15.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-08-18 08:35:19  
Dridian42 said: »
Anybody experiencing more then usual mimics from opening Coffers with keys? The past couple of days that's all I've been getting.

Open chests with Izzat that was farmed from Agon Halo on floor 1 and 15 more mobs. giving me 15 Izzat. Using Izzat on chests is not a problem but when they give me coffers the majority of the time. They turn out to be mimics. Not sure if SE is playing with a different rule book or I'm just having an unlucky couple of days.

Coffers and Aurum are much larger chance to be mimics in my experience (and I have pretty huge experience with opening chest in Odyssey)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-18 08:44:59  
And anyone know if there is a difference in strength in mimics spawned by chests and coffers?
By SimonSes 2020-08-18 09:47:46  
Pantafernando said: »
And anyone know if there is a difference in strength in mimics spawned by chests and coffers?

I dont think so from eyeballing. Only thing that makes Mimics stronger for sure is higher floors.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-18 09:49:00  
I have MM24 (15 + 9), and my AAEV has 3077 HP inside Odyssey Sheol B.

I think MM levels in Odyssey are still bugged. I'm going to go do A tomorrow and see what their HP looks like, then likely submit a bug report after.
By SimonSes 2020-08-18 09:58:09  
Asura.Geriond said: »
I have MM23 (15 + 8), and my AAEV has 3077 HP inside Odyssey Sheol B.

I think MM levels in Odyssey are still bugged. I'm going to go do A tomorrow and see what their HP looks like, then likely submit a bug report after.

Looks like it lines perfectly with 17HP from 2 MM Sheol B ranks (or 8.5 per MM rank?) tho. You have 17 more HP on your ArkEV and also 2 more MM ranks than Buuki (assuming he really has rank 6 in Sheol B)

EDIT: I see you edited 8 to 9, but that still can be 17HP per 2 MM ranks and you will get another 17 at MM 10.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-18 09:59:37  
Yes, but MM ranks from A are supposed to apply for when you're in B, while this pattern only holds if A MM is doing nothing.

I find it unlikely that MM works differently based on what Sheol its from, but even if it does, submitting a report won't hurt anything. MM ranks above 15 are still listed as blank when you enter Odyssey, so there's still signs of a problem.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-08-19 01:29:28  
In the name of science I went in Sheol A to check AAEV and strangely it was the same 3043 which means 1 of 3 things, either:

1) only B levels affect HP in both A an B (and possibly A levels affect something else)

2) HP from total level is non linear (seems unlikely as things match well with Sheol B levels with multiple people, could test with AAEV HP in either place from someone with only A mastery levels, or lower A and same total A+B)

3) mastery is still very broken in ways that don't make a lot of sense and most of this will make more sense once they fixit.

One difference I notice with the same trust summoned in SheolB compared to outside (I tested in past areas in case there was a sigil effect) is at least HP shows a difference, AAEV was 3009 outside and 3043 inside. It's not much but it could be used to at least see how things scale up at different levels of moogle mastery, would be especially interesting if it didn't just scale up linearly as there might be some hope for bigger jumps at higher levels.

What MM level are you Codegen? I checked inside + outside Odyssey with a similar trust set I roll with. I did notice the trusts start out with their base HP/MP values they have outside Odyssey, and then regen/refresh to their max inside, so it's definitely coming from the MM.

The bonus is really small though. +51HP/+20MP to AAEV at MM20 >.>
I am MM18 (14 from A 4 from B) so looks like it's either not linear and higher levels add a lot more (+34 for the first MM0->18 and another +17 for just 2 level from MM18->MM20?),

or what seem more likely is somehow only the levels in B affect trusts HP in B, in which case if I assume your MM20 is also MM14A + MM6B then it would fit linear increases of 17HP every 2 MM within that area, My MM4 in B is 17*2=34 and your MM6 is 17*3=51

Would be interesting to know AAEV HP in A from MM14~15.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-08-19 06:00:09  
I've been stuck at level VI in Sheol B for a while now. Current stats are:
Nostos: 881
Bendigeidfran: 1
Langmeidong: 5
Azdaha: 1
Allergorhai: 1
Spyrysyon: 2
Fleet-footed Lokberry: 1
Count Malefis: 1
Ishum: 1
Maverick_Maude: 2
Tripix: 9
Chests: 250
Coffers: 35
Aurum Strongboxes: 2

Right now I'm doing THF for floor 1, popping 3 chests, popping one NM with a unity drop, keying 3 coffers (maybe a strongbox) and going to the exit.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-08-19 15:37:56  
Sheol B
Got MMXIII on the 23th unique NM x3
Got MMXIV on the 6th Aurum Strongbox opened
Got MMXV on the 16th Aurum Strongbox opened

Trusts have -23% DT at MM30 (1000 Needles).
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-19 16:18:05  
Cool.

Do August or Amchuchu have some sort of DT natively?

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-08-21 22:42:46  
I went up to mastery 14+5 from 14+4 on my 300th nostos in B, AAEV hp did not go up, suggesting it's exactly 17HP every 2 B levels and not 8.5hp every 1 level.
By soralin 2020-08-21 23:31:35  
Hey all, Ive started collecting data on my omen runs in order to compare and contrast the performance of Living Keys vs Skeleton keys.

If you would like to contribute, please post the following results from your runs:

Requirements: Must be 100% living keys or 100% skeleton, not a mix please. Must also only be Sheol B.

Keys: (Living|Skeleton)
Chests: (Should be 18 unless you missed a chest and know you missed one)
Chest-Hides (How many hides you got from chests only)
Chest-Boxes (How many hide boxes you got from chests)
Chest-Mimics (How many chests became mimics)
Coffers (how many coffers you opened, this includes coffers that became mimics, etc. If you had 3 successful coffers and 1 coffer that became a mimic, this value would be 4)
Coffer-Hides: How many hides you got from coffers
Coffer-Boxes: How many hide boxes you got from coffers
Coffer-Mimics: How many coffers turned into mimics
Strongboxes: How many strongboxes total, including ones that mimic'd. If you got 1 strongbox opened, and 1 turned into a mimic, this would be 2
Strongbox-hides: How many hides you got from strongboxes
Strongbox-Boxes: how many Hide boxes(normal) you got from strongboxes
Strongbox-Boxes-Large: How many Large Hide Boxes you got from strongboxes
Strongbox-Mimics: How many strongboxes became mimics

Please feel free to post this data.

Also, to confirm: Do strongboxes always give 6 rewards?

If so, I have a simple "sanity check" formula that can be done to validate the data:

(Chests+Coffers-ChestMimics-CofferMimics)*3+(Strongboxes-StrongboxMimics)*6 == (Hides+Boxes+LargeBoxes)

This should work out.

Anywho, once I get a sizable chunk of data I will post my results! I have 6 runs recorded so far.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-08-22 02:21:08  
soralin said: »
Requirements: Must be 100% living keys or 100% skeleton, not a mix please. Must also only be Sheol B.
I'm assuming you mean on each individual chest.
soralin said: »
Hey all, Ive started collecting data on my omen runs in order to
wait, those chests can be keyed?!

template table if anyone feels like using

Living~ Skeleton~ Hides~ Boxes~ L.Boxes~ Mimics~ Upgrades
Chests: - -
Coffers: - - -
Strongboxes: - -
By Pantafernando 2020-08-22 03:28:27  
I dont want to risk my 548 gil keying my omen chest.
By soralin 2020-08-22 05:28:09  
Sorry, *Odyssey, I have been spamming Omen all campaign long and had it on the brain haha!

Chimerawizard said: »
I'm assuming you mean on each individual chest.

For whatever sample data is provided. If you did living keys on a chest but then skeleton on a coffer a large amount of the data gets lost, since I have to then spend a bunch of time modifying my formulas to compensate for chests that turned into coffers, but then the coffer "disappeared" (in that it actually got "moved" to the other key's table for the remaining data)

Basically, makes it a huge headache that I dont wanna deal with haha.

So just try and do the entire run as living keys, or entirely skeletons, if you want to add in data.

So far, I havent seen a statistically significant difference in rewards between Living Keys and Skeleton keys, personally, but my sample size is still low.
By geigei 2020-08-24 15:48:58  
Anyone else notice lately most of them chests in B are just 3 hides?
By soralin 2020-08-24 15:58:12  
geigei said: »
Anyone else notice lately most of them chests in B are just 3 hides?

No.

To be specific: Im averaging atm 75% of my drops as hides, and 25% boxes.

So only 42% of chests are going to be triple hides (0.75^3)
By geigei 2020-08-24 16:09:14  
My man, i go 5 to 8 chests in a row with 3 hides, should i lv up mm a bit?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-24 16:27:48  
MM doesn't affect chest drops.
By soralin 2020-08-24 16:46:31  
geigei said: »
My man, i go 5 to 8 chests in a row with 3 hides, should i lv up mm a bit?

When you open 18 chests, the odds somewhere withing that set of 18 chests you will get a streak at least 5 long is ~17%

So you have a 17% chance per run to see a ~5 chest streak somewhere along the way of x3 hides.

RNG is RNG, I had a run the other day I ended up with 22 boxes at the end, Ive also had runs with only 6 boxes.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-08-24 23:56:50  
had a run where i agroed nostos anticans in shoel B floor #3. pulled them pretty far. when i turned i noticed i pulled quite a lot of them and most of them lost aggro somewhere on the way cause they were slowly walking back towards their camp.

i suspect the mobs who stopped chasing after a while were only links but maybe you can also lose hate from mobs that directly agroed you?
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-08-25 00:30:10  
Shichishito said: »

i suspect the mobs who stopped chasing after a while were only links but maybe you can also lose hate from mobs that directly agroed you?

You can
By Shichishito 2020-08-25 00:52:38  
how?
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 238 239 240