users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-07 17:10:32  
That method probably wouldn't have even been better than the gearswap key exploit for farming scales so I don't know how much Gil you could reasonably make off of it with a 5 minute timer getting single drops. Perhaps it will be more useful going into the new zone.

fwiw, I tried it on floor 7 mobs and had no problem landing the Doom there, so I see this as a very useful method for saving time on harder nostos you don't care to fight (like slimes and uragnites). If chests are still a thing, I imagine clearing groups for izzat and killing Agons will still be the best scale farming method if they retain the same structure into the new zone. And keys, if they keep that as well, but I personally hated key farming. Felt like a chore.
By Shichishito 2020-07-08 02:43:24  
did someone say exploit?
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 02:46:27  
Shichishito said: »
did someone say exploit?

Is that want your fetish?
By alamihgo 2020-07-08 04:12:56  
Sheol B findings:

Moogle Mastery carries over from A.
6 floors, but each floor much larger than A.
Halos located on 1/3/5/6. Agon are Zilart beastmen - antica, tonberries and sahagin.
Teleporters on 1/3/6.
Otherworldly Vortex (exit) on 5.

Same system - 3 chests per floor, 1 UNM pop site and clusters of mobs. New mob families like corse and flan appear. THF's Ranged Legerdemain feat still works.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-07-08 04:14:03  
True sight mobs Tauri and Wamoura in Sheol B
[+]
By Weeew 2020-07-08 04:23:49  
alamihgo said: »
Sheol B findings:
Halos located on 1/3/5/6. Agon are Zilart beastmen - antica,
Teleporters on 1/3/6.
Otherworldly Vortex (exit) on 5.

Makes more sense to do this so groups can go straight to floor 6 and work their way backwards to the exit on 5.
By Weeew 2020-07-08 05:02:03  
My findings on COR solo:

- Only few of the mobs can be 1-shot with leaden at 2500tp+ but most need 2 shots.. I feel that soloing will not be as efficient as grouping up.

- Chests now have 4 drop slots instead of 3. I got 1 box + 3 scales.

Edit:

- Seems like your Moogle Mastery is added between Sheol A and B!

[+]
By tyalangan 2020-07-08 09:44:12  
Sheol B: RoE Exit and Teleporter locations
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-08 10:54:35  
From what I can see in the video, and some of these are hard to deduce:
https://bucket.bluegartr.com/22ae6dc44d1ee2abe5055b4d547dc59f.jpg

I'm presuming the cardinal directions in WoE are accurate from what that map depicts as well

B1 may be the 4th unused map, with those gaps being staircases, its really hard to tell since they didnt have to explore that floor very much.
B2 looks like 1st unused map (start in SW corner of the long path heading NE)
B3 is flux 3 (start at the bottom point of the big west room)
B4 is flux 4 (start in NW corner)
B5 is flux 10 (start up near the top, I recognized it right away from the mandy WoE), I'm not sure what the JP text is, but is he saying theres a fake conflux? Why does he leave and go to another one?
B6 is flux 5 (start in that middle east room, run west, then north through that big room, then east up the stairs)
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-07-08 10:59:18  
When I opened a chest in Sheol B this morning, I had to pay the full 10 izzat again so it seems like you have to open chests all over again to lower the cost.
 Bismarck.Batton
サーバ: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2020-07-08 11:03:47  
the 'fake conflux' is the exit
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-08 11:17:17  
Oh right, the exit is on floor 5. I remember reading that elsewhere now.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-08 15:27:25  
Bendigeidfran is the Golem NM, popped with Largantua's Shard.
When it uses Blood Weapon, it summons 2 Bendigeidfran's Golems, which hit as hard as the original but have much less HP.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 19:45:01  
Got the maps, thanks for Nynja (is that one the famous guy lol?) for sharing the base maps.

Wiki and BG feel free to add it on the Odyssey pages if you think its worth.

Chests and Halos are places where i confirmed they could be but they are random, but just one Halo per floor and 3 chests per floor.

Floor 1
Floor 2
Floor 3
Floor 4
Floor 5
Floor 6
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 20:39:57  
Gil reward per mobs kill increased from 5k to 6k.

Im not sure if already known but once you receive the reward, any other kill after you touch the exit wont count.

But chests opened after touching exit is considered for moogle mastery.

Personally i think if you go for mimic farming, starting checking translocator 2 because there is a possible pop there with no mob around. Then move to 6 and go back
By zixxer 2020-07-08 22:25:48  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
but I personally hated key farming. Felt like a chore.

I like it. Reminds me of playing Metal Gear solid back in the day. Especially when the chest is in between mobs and you gotta time the turn-around.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 22:29:49  
The gimmick in this zone appears to be that NMs pop at least 2 copies of themselves when they 1hr.

1st floor (Camahueto's Fur x1)

Ptesan Wi - Camahueto - WAR (Mighty Strikes)
Standard Buffalo moves, spawned 2x copies of itself. Sudden Lunge works

If you wipe, copies disappear. I engaged Ptesan Wi again while weak after his squad dropped me. Was able to finish him at 22%. Did not re-summon his adds.

2nd Floor (Centurio's Armor x3)
Apollinaris VII-II - Antica UNM Centurio . BLM (Manafont)
He is a miniature Antica, he was smaller than my character model as Galka.
Uses Manafont, popped 2 copies of itself, which all synchronized TP moves at the same time (Jamming Wave x3) They don't hit very hard (about 250 in full DT set) but I dropped quickly since all of my trusts were debilitated. Has the same innate FC of his UNM version, casted Sleepga nearly instantly.

Cruel Joke still works for fodder
[+]
 Sylph.Ticktick
サーバ: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-07-08 22:32:07  
i saw beastmen near the exit on floor 5
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 22:36:51  
the nm set is obviously much nastier in the new set. A lot more unfriendly to solo mobs. Wonder if the borealis shadow analog pops all 4 and 2 clones each lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 22:41:15  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
the nm set is obviously much nastier in the new set. A lot more unfriendly to solo mobs. Wonder if the borealis shadow analog pops all 4 and 2 clones each lol

I thought about popping it but I aint got the balls to try it solo.

Tonberries are the most annoying Beastmen. They may have stripped them of Everyone's Grudge/Rancor, didn't see it once in the whole pack and they did several dozen TP moves.
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-07-08 23:09:31  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The gimmick in this zone appears to be that NMs pop at least 2 copies of themselves when they 1hr.

1st floor (Camahueto's Fur x1)

Ptesan Wi - Camahueto - WAR (Mighty Strikes)
Standard Buffalo moves, spawned 2x copies of itself. Sudden Lunge works

If you wipe, copies disappear. I engaged Ptesan Wi again while weak after his squad dropped me. Was able to finish him at 22%. Did not re-summon his adds.

2nd Floor (Centurio's Armor x3)
Apollinaris VII-II - Antica UNM Centurio . BLM (Manafont)
He is a miniature Antica, he was smaller than my character model as Galka.
Uses Manafont, popped 2 copies of itself, which all synchronized TP moves at the same time (Jamming Wave x3) They don't hit very hard (about 250 in full DT set) but I dropped quickly since all of my trusts were debilitated. Has the same innate FC of his UNM version, casted Sleepga nearly instantly.

Cruel Joke still works for fodder

I had very similar experience and popped Camaheuto. Nasty nm's this time. Will definitely take much more planning to solo!

Tutorial video with marked up maps and such as well as taking down Agon on Floor 1 is uploading now, will go live in the early morning.

For now this is the map I made that will be referenced in video.

Sheol B Map
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 23:25:43  
Agon Monsters are much harder to sleep this time as well. I could not land Dream Flower on Tonberries with a near max Macc set (was usin TP Bonus offhand). Entomb also would not land.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-07-09 00:19:32  
Logged but, forgot keys on accident lol. So, popped a 10 izzat NM. Bomb NM. Issum(sp) spawns two adds, and uses PD.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-09 04:12:27  
Sup

Two quick question about chests farming:

1. If youre solo keying it, how can you recover from a wipe to mimic? I mean, if the mimic uses drawn in, you gonna die around it. Is there any way to raise without aggroing or do it despaWn after some point? Or for solo keyers, Mimics = game over?

2. Can I increase My MM solely with one activity or your progression gets capped in that category at some point? For example, can i get XV just opening chest or i just can earn a fixed amount of ranks on this, needing another sources for further rank up?

Thanks in advance
By SimonSes 2020-07-09 05:06:59  
Pantafernando said: »
Sup

Two quick question about chests farming:

1. If youre solo keying it, how can you recover from a wipe to mimic? I mean, if the mimic uses drawn in, you gonna die around it. Is there any way to raise without aggroing or do it despaWn after some point? Or for solo keyers, Mimics = game over?

2. Can I increase My MM solely with one activity or your progression gets capped in that category at some point? For example, can i get XV just opening chest or i just can earn a fixed amount of ranks on this, needing another sources for further rank up?

Thanks in advance

1. Was described several times. You need to engage mimic with trusts. let trusts get hate. Die more than 20 range away from mimic. Raise up and never come into 20 range again, or it will draw you in.

2. I have a mule that opened like 600 chests and its at MM II, so wouldnt count on it XD
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-07-09 06:46:25  
Here is a video showing my first day Odyssey Sheol B run. All conflux's, translocators and mobs are shown, Otherwordly Portal is shown and a group of Agon mobs are taken out on Floor 1. Lastly, it shows you one of the new NM's (The scorpion) at the end. Hope this helps some get an idea what they are in for if they haven't entered yet.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By ksoze 2020-07-09 07:40:54  
Thanks for the video logical
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-09 09:02:03  
I haven't done a lot of this content, just bought the scales I needed, would a solo ranger be viable?
By Pantafernando 2020-07-09 09:10:01  
Depend on your objetives.

If you want scales/hide, maybe THF with keys to open chests.

If you want MM probably you gonna need your strongest DD to beat fodders/Halos/NMs around the place.
By Taint 2020-07-09 09:13:58  
The NM farming this time around is going to suck for solo players.

The giant Bird "Arke" equivalent steam rolled me in full DT set on BLU as soon as the adds popped. (I wasn't expecting them but still it was fast)

I'm going to chest farm while stack prices are crazy high before farming NMs. Best THF chest run was 292 yesterday!
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 237 238 239