2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 237 238 239
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 14:00:58  
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
They stay. If you die to a Mimic it is pretty much GG. Also, there is a glitch of sorts. If you try to be a hero and open a chest in the middle of a group of mobs and a Mimic pops. Similar to when you can't target anything with a group of mobs hitting you, but you literally can't do anything. Tried to use Perfect Dodge, any macro and nothing. Just sat there and got a beat down lol

Its worse actually. Its not like that at all. Its the same thing that I was describing several pages ago. Some times when you pop mimic you just got locked. You can engage, disengage log out, /heal but nothing else works. No ja, ws, spell. It persist even if you die and got raised. The only thing that I find to help with that is loging off to character selection and loging back.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Weeew 2020-03-23 14:11:09  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Siren.Codegen said: »
I think someone mentioned they got a mastery up message from opening a chest too, and I got messages both from killing NMs and killing normal mobs before, so I really think it's a kind of point system where possibly NMs are worth a decent amount. I am aiming at killing each unique NM at least once, I only have 3 unique left and 13 unique done with some repeats, leaving slime more toward the end as it's the most likely to kill my trusts
A point system could be viable... However:
SimonSes said: »
Weeew said: »
Weird... was there an update? Or maybe it was triggered by the amount of chests opened in total?

0 NMs
0 Nostos
32 chests
2 coffer
Moogle Mastery I
7 Izzat to open the chest

I would guess -1 every 10 chests?
32 chests and 2 coffers should clearly be enough to at least add +1. (Plus if any accounts of getting the message while opening a chest could be tainted if it was with more than 1 person. e.g. getting the message in response to a kill from someone else when you are opening a chest.)
So I am skeptical without a screenshot or seeing it firsthand. (plus the splitting rewards makes sense: chests reduce izzat cost, murder boosts Trusts.)

I got the MM upgrade message from a chest with nobody else in zone and no mobs around so I can pretty much confirm that it gives points towards MM. Also I took a look at everyone's reports on Moogle Mastery and it seems that its not a very straight forward formula but this kind of works for most people:

NM's = High amount of points (100 points?), Nostos = 1 point, Chest = Low amount of points (1 to 10 points?), every 500 points is +1 to MM. I think there is some sort of bonus points for unique NM kills which could explain why this doesn't always add for everyone or I could just be completely wrong...
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 14:26:40  
Caerda said: »
They stay. If you die to a Mimic it is pretty much GG. Also, there is a glitch of sorts. If you try to be a hero and open a chest in the middle of a group of mobs and a Mimic pops. Similar to when you can't target anything with a group of mobs hitting you, but you literally can't do anything. Tried to use Perfect Dodge, any macro and nothing. Just sat there and got a beat down lol

When I popped a mimic yesterday I couldn't move or anything else, I was still able to attack it and use abilities but I was stuck in place. Even after it was dead I was stuck and couldn't move.

Yeah so very similar to what I experienced few times, but I also couldnt JA and WS. It's some really random bug.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 14:30:53  
NM's = High amount of points (100 points?), Nostos = 1 point, Chest = Low amount of points (1 to 10 points?), every 500 points is +1 to MM. I think there is some sort of bonus points for unique NM kills which could explain why this doesn't always add for everyone or I could just be completely wrong...

551 Nostos
51 Chests
5 Coffers

Still Moogle Mastery III.
Im gonna do NMs run tomorrow. I have a feeling I will get several MM ranks with just few NMs.
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-23 14:30:54  
It seemed to be fixed when I hp'd though. Didn't have to log or anything.
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 14:34:17  
It seemed to be fixed when I hp'd though. Didn't have to log or anything.

Oh yeah, I bet any zone change will fix it. Loging off is just the only thing that I find could fix it inside Odyssey, so you can continue your run.
By Weeew 2020-03-23 15:01:24  

551 Nostos
51 Chests
5 Coffers

Still Moogle Mastery III.
Im gonna do NMs run tomorrow. I have a feeling I will get several MM ranks with just few NMs.

551 + (51x10) + (5x10) = 1111 = +2 to MM ... kind of works.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-23 15:52:28  
vil872 said: »
Don't know if it actually depopped or just went back and idled at spawn, but I died out of range of a NM spawn and was able to zone up after RR no problem.

Yes, but some of them have a very long aggro range. Or at least it seems so. I died to the crab a few nights ago, waited a few moments until he walked back to reraise (he was roughly 15+ away) and he still came back and stabbed my eye. Could have been normal range, but it seems pretty wide. So popped NMs are straight up aggressive, unlike UNM versions you die to, which are passive.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-03-23 17:03:46  

Solo MMII right after I (successfully) opened my first chest. Had popped and killed a couple Mimics earlier/previous run.

I didn't see the exact Nostros but my report should have looked like this:
All nostros: 150~
Tipuli: 1
Physis: 1

Also, FWIW I've used like 15~ Skeleton keys, haven't popped a mimic yet. Thieves tools, mimics all day. :(
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 17:04:48  
551 + (51x10) + (5x10) = 1111 = +2 to MM ... kind of works.

You start with 0 tho :) I had MM 0 even with like 14 chest opened and I think I got MM I after about 20 chests? Thats with 0 nostos, but I think I got some coffers too by then.
 Siren.Codegen
サーバ: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-23 19:27:36  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I haven't done many runs. Acc requirements are low, mobs die fast but they hit hard. I mean, from the perspective of an average casual player who wants to solo with trusts, how do you handle sleeps? Sure you can pull mobs one by one most of the time but what about the fetters? How do you handle all those untargetable mobs hitting you until the fetter is dead without a tank?
Soloing with 5 trusts you can definitely solo halos, I do that every solo run on monk (e.g., my first run
YouTube Video Placeholder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i9GhE5nO3I&t=97 before we knew how most of this works, and it only got easier since then knowing how it works).

It would be even easier to do halos for pet jobs, as people mentioned, and I kind of liked that they allowed different jobs to do very different strategies, a bst can charm mobs and make one species fight against their prey type and halos without links, thfs can sneak and open chests etc.

This talk of halos also makes me think, I wonder if halos and guards matter differently in the count? Because I always do at least set of guards and halo plus 2-3 NMs and a few zones of mobs, but in the stats they are just counted as nostos probably..

Similarly I wonder if chests give different points toward mastery if they are opened by a key or izzats, and if mimic kills count differently compared to just opening a chest successfully even if they would show up in summary just the same as 1 more chest.

Maybe it's just a simple count of kills chests etc, just something to keep in mind if we get more data and count doesn't seem enough to fit the data.
By Taint 2020-03-23 20:42:04  
84 Nostos
2 Chest (keys)

Got me Mastery 1
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-03-24 09:11:59  
May have missed it (23 pages lol), but Has anyone mentioned the beastmen king in the 7th floor Halo? When I was running through to hit the last conflux, I saw a non-targetable Overlord Bakogodek. I shoulda taken a SS.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-24 09:24:42  
Skeleton keys are a pretty huge upgrade over Thief's Tools. Did two solo runs and got 260+ on both. There is obviously a little bit of luck there, but also got unlucky a little bit. Got three scales from a coffer lol
 Asura.Akaden
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Akaden 2020-03-24 10:23:58  
Skeleton keys are a pretty huge upgrade over Thief's Tools. Did two solo runs and got 260+ on both. There is obviously a little bit of luck there, but also got unlucky a little bit. Got three scales from a coffer lol

Tried twice with skeleton keys yesterday. First run got a mimic on the first chest. ~3 scales from clearing mobs away from the first chest.
Second run opened about 10 chests, only one box out of all of those. Killed 2 NMs while I was at it. Got a mimic with 8 min left on floor 3 and got locked like was mentioned earlier. ~80 scales.

Think I like solo COR trash mobs and unity material NM pops, guaranteed 130-150 scales and more fun instead of varying from 0 to 260 based on luck. But I think this one is up to preference.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-24 10:38:21  
Yeah, it will be luck based. Just using the thief solo method to bring down the prices of chests to their maximum reduction before swapping back to COR. The MM upgrades have severely slowed down since swapping to the thf method
By tyalangan 2020-03-24 11:10:56  
bring down the prices of chests

What’s this?

Edit: Found it

Note: The izzat cost for opening chests is reduced by 1 for every 10 chests in that Sheol path opened
 Kujata.Atarashi
サーバ: Kujata
user: TaoVhal
By Kujata.Atarashi 2020-03-24 11:47:01  
I saw the beastman King too at the end... I took a SS but not sure how to upload now days.

Wonder if it's anything special to kill?
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 12:10:47  
I will post video today with info that will totally destroy scale prices :)
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-03-24 12:18:32  
If you guys are talking about the beast king on floor 7 at the last fetter it's basically just a higher level version of the other beastment you fight after killing fetters on the other floors. Has access to 1h abilities, not sure if all other beastmen do since they typically die pretty quick. Just like on the other floors your main danger is adds rather than one particular mob.
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 13:36:09  
I will post video today with info that will totally destroy scale prices :)

Ok I wont post that in video after all, because I cant replicate that on mules, while it works on all mains (only difference is that mules are fresh 99 thf with no gear and mains are 2100JP thfs). So idk now if thats a bug or feature or something else.

You can use living keys to open chests from distance with /item "living key" <t>. Like from 48-50 yalms away. That results with no aggro from Mimic. Keep in mind Mimic will still aggro you when you get close enough when its already poped (its possible it only aggro person who opened chest tho). Aggro range is 20 yalms on already spawned Mimic, so if you decide to try to do this. Try to leave yourself a free route to conflux in case the chest will happen to be Mimic. You can pretty much open all chests in zone like that and get like 350-400 scales... I post it because I want to see if other people can replicate that, so I know if thats a bug or its based on something.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-24 13:44:20  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
I don't know where to report bugs, but it seems you can use skeleton keys outside the /trade range if you use a /item "Skeleton Key" <t> macro. This would prevent any mimic agros.

Official Forums.
Can't see how could be intended. Anyone test if non THF jobs or /THF can use the macro and still open chests?
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 13:46:07  
I actually know how it works! Its because of that gearswap feature that let you WS without engaging I think (Thx Wesleydimble for suggesting that). So yeah, thats exploit and Im not gonna even use keys ever again in odyssey lol Hope I wont get banned for those single runs I used it :O

Shiva.Hiep said: »
I don't know where to report bugs, but it seems you can use skeleton keys outside the /trade range if you use a /item "Skeleton Key" <t> macro. This would prevent any mimic agros.

I suggest you wont report it lol. if its a gearswap that is doing it, then its not a bug you are reporting, but basically you reporting yourself for using 3rd party tools.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-24 13:58:29  
incoming dozens of stacks of skeleton keys on AH in 3...2...1...
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 14:00:31  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
incoming dozens of stacks of skeleton keys on AH in 3...2...1...

Why Skeletons? I wrote above it works with living keys. If its a gearswap feature, it probably works with both keys and tools too.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-03-24 14:02:40  
Caerda said: »
Someone needs to though. This content has a lot of glitches with its release (Unable to warp with conflux, stuck/unable to act on mimic pop, etc.) Someone would have try it without GS to see if that's the culprit or if its just another glitch.

Well my mules cant do it and they dont have gearswap files. I guess the very easy way would be to go with GS, do it. Unload GS. Try again, but now Im scared to touch keys at all lol
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 237 238 239