フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 238 239 240
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-21 11:37:28  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
All members have boss KI, 4+ Jobs, 3KI. It just wont allow 6 members to enter.

You keep saying 4+ jobs, but aren't listing what those jobs are or letting us know if these jobs are definitely unique jobs. is it possible that one of the players just has a similar 99 as someone else that is throwing the count off? For a party of 6, you need 18 unique jobs between all players, not 4+. Start out writing everyone's job and determine who has overlapping jobs, or just burn everyone's BST PUP SCH NIN whatever to 99, since those are less played and likely not 99.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-01-21 11:42:58  
@Thorn, any indication that moving members around might change how it reads them?
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-21 11:44:35  
I have no idea, I didn't mess with it that much and jumped straight to burning more jobs. I would point out that, like several people have indicated, you should still count your jobs to see if you even have 18 unique ones between you.

For what it's worth, the specific situation that didn't work for me was:

3 chars with all jobs 99
3 mules with THF MNK WHM 99

Couldn't enter. Burned up 2 unique jobs for each of the 3 mules, assuming that they'd each get credit for one of (thf, mnk, whm) and their 2 unique jobs. Still couldn't enter. Burned up one more job for each mule. Could enter.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-01-21 11:45:57  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
All members have boss KI, 4+ Jobs, 3KI. It just wont allow 6 members to enter.

You keep saying 4+ jobs, but aren't listing what those jobs are or letting us know if these jobs are definitely unique jobs. is it possible that one of the players just has a similar 99 as someone else that is throwing the count off? For a party of 6, you need 18 unique jobs between all players, not 4+. Start out writing everyone's job and determine who has overlapping jobs, or just burn everyone's BST PUP SCH NIN whatever to 99, since those are less played and likely not 99.

Well yeah I said 4+, because the entry requirements is 3+. If there was more to and I was unaware that's clearly an indication of the problem right? I also posted the jobs.

*Oh hey you need 3+ 99, but they all need to secretly have EXP that is divisible by two.*
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-01-21 11:48:34  
Its more than likely the BRD that is causing the issues as it only has 3 jobs 99, and only 1 unique. I just didn't really understand how big of a ***show the entry was, and the content notes, do not clearly define the issue as some above seem to think it does.

I mean no disrespect at all, but clear entry requirements are not clear lol. Sorry for any inconvenience. Carry on peoples. :D
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-21 11:48:42  
The entry requirement is that you have 3 unique jobs per member, comparing against other members. Having 6 members with the same 3 unique jobs will not let you enter, because that's still 3 unique jobs not 18. Under certain conditions, like I outlined, the job counting may work funny. The best way to be absolutely sure is to just start burning bs jobs.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-01-21 11:50:43  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
The entry requirement is that you have 3 unique jobs per member, comparing against other members. Having 6 members with the same 3 unique jobs will not let you enter, because that's still 3 unique jobs not 18. Under certain conditions, like I outlined, the job counting may work funny. The best way to be absolutely sure is to just start burning bs jobs.
Yeah Ill have to go unlock a few more on it or something. Just so odd to run in to it all the sudden, very strange.
 Phoenix.Serveroz
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Serveroz
By Phoenix.Serveroz 2022-01-21 11:54:46  

Your issue is player 4..
Go plvl him on pup or something

Edit: idk how to post images ;)
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-01-21 11:58:36  
Quote:
Your issue is player 4..
Go plvl him on pup or something

Edit: idk how to post images ;)

Thanks for the help^^. Yeah I figured as much. Sorry for the headache. Just confused how they made it through to collect wins already and now can't enter. Just very caught off guard with it.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-21 11:59:30  
Thanks for the help^^. Yeah I figured as much. Sorry for the headache. Just confused how they made it through to collect wins already and now can't enter. Just very caught off guard with it.

Requirement would be lower if they entered with less than 6 people, or reserved jobs would be different if they entered with a different 5 other people.
 Phoenix.Serveroz
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Serveroz
By Phoenix.Serveroz 2022-01-21 12:01:53  
Shiva.Thorny said: »

Requirement would be lower if they entered with less than 6 people, or reserved jobs would be different if they entered with a different 5 other people.

True indeed. They have 14/15 jobs needed to enter.
Guy with BRD WAR SMN requieres 1 unique job to allow them to enter.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-21 12:11:27  
Quote:

I suspect most of the people doing oddy nms have a fair amount of surplus jobs leveled to 99 even if they don't play them much. Personally I have tons of spare 99's I haven't geared because I did a lot of grinding back in the abyssea days, and those still count toward the requirement. It just means up till now he always entered with people who had enough surplus 99's between themselves to overcome his own lack of diversity. It's probably not something that comes up that often.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2022-01-21 12:19:52  
Actually I went with a person that has like all 99 instead of another one of my mules. So I went with more options than I had previously.

I don't doubt the problem. Just gotta deal with it at this point. Add a few jobs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-21 14:31:12  
I also posted the jobs.

I apologize, I missed that comment on the refresh.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-01-22 07:25:38  
So bgwiki has Indicolor resistance listed for Sheol A, B, and C. Is that really only for Indi- spells, or is it Geo- spells too?
 Asura.Gotenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2022-01-22 07:28:05  
Its any offensive Geomancy (indi or geo)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-01-22 07:37:29  
I soloed Sheol B this morning and Geo-Gravity was affecting monsters with its normal / full potency, so perhaps they ninja-patched it then.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-22 08:41:32  
It's only NMs that have resistance.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-22 14:03:47  
Ngai V20 regens 1% per 33 seconds when add is out, so that'd be something like 40k HP per minute assuming it's got the same HP as V15.
 Asura.Bigtymer
user: olson2189
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-01-23 12:32:27  
Bumba v20 is definitely zerg-able in under 2mins 30sec, but I'm pretty certain it requires getting lucky with the SP he chooses - it's doable if he picks Brazen Rush or Sforzo, but if it's anything else, you're probably getting fetters (which hurt real bad).
By SimonSes 2022-01-23 12:33:51  
Asura.Bigtymer said: »
Bumba v20 is definitely zerg-able in under 2mins 30sec, but I'm pretty certain it requires getting lucky with the SP he chooses - it's doable if he picks Brazen Rush or Sforzo, but if it's anything else, you're probably getting fetters (which hurt real bad).

Or get lucky on Fetters mechanics to be crits or WSs.
 Asura.Bigtymer
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-01-23 12:36:23  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Bigtymer said: »

Or get lucky on Fetters mechanics to be crits or WSs.

Yea, that's actually what happened to us - we got PD so the zerg effort came up short, but it was consecutive WS proc, which Blue'd pretty much immediately and the rest of the fight was a cakewalk at that point, but that was just fortunate.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-23 12:37:03  
inb4 Larceny THF w/ max Savage Blade set Meta
 Asura.Bigtymer
By Asura.Bigtymer 2022-01-23 13:14:18  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
inb4 Larceny THF w/ max Savage Blade set Meta

We discussed this and who in the comp you would give up for the THF - it'd likely have to be the DRG, which is a big damage loss and makes it less likely you can hit the 2:30 mark - anecdotal eyeballing our damage, even with Brazen or Sforzo, with our ideal comp (WAR, DRG, COR, BRD, GEO, WHM), it would have been really tight to hit 2:30, making me think THF wouldn't work.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-23 14:08:15  
I did most of my Bumba V15s in a non-ideal setup (meaning no GEO at all and sometimes no DRG) and using either a RUN or DNC (or both) for one of the DD spots, and we came out under the 4 minute mark. GEO is extremely valuable for pushing damage as high as possible, but if I were to pick a job in your setup that could be expendable in a bumba setup where you needed to fit in Larceny, it might be GEO. Etudes and Fury are a lot of dps for everyone in the group, but whatever Black Halo damage GEO contributes is very small in the grand scheme; THF would easily double that damage and has access to TP bonus offhand, so it's damage is going to be good. Can stack your WSs as well. I wouldn't replace DRG personally because it adds both massive dps as well as Angon (which can be kept up fulltime with RD/WCs), and has access to endless TP via Fly High. I also don't think most groups are always applying Armor Break with WAR or WHM at start (because with a GEO you're probably well over the attack cap anyways), which is a huge buff that might be overlooked.

I'm not saying a THF Larceny strat would work, but if I wanted to beat the clock, I would also rethink the party makeup altogether, particularly the WHM healer role, as there might be some wiggle room you're not considering.

Can SCH replace a WHM and stay in Light Arts and melee/Black Halo with Maxentius instead while throwing out an occasional heal for the group? You basically merge some of WHM with GEO (the melee part). It's already getting max buffs and has the Regen buff, so healing can be lighter than with a WHM (You do lose DiaII+, though). Can PLD be used instead of WHM for Savage Blades/Majesty/Rampart to cut damage a bit? And are you always applying Armor Break every fight with the WAR to maximize your kill speed. if not, could the PLD simply apply it via Shell Crusher at start, since it has access to it and is the weakest DPS so it loses the least amount of damage overall? Also has enhanced Protecrs and can single Shell everyone for a weaker effect. Not great, but worth pondering over. Is BLU feasible? It has -def spells (can fulltime Tourbillion with RDs) and access to White Wind and Diamondhide prebuff, which is a great AOE heal/stoneskin. You can throw in Mighty Guard or Diffusion > Nature's Meditation for 20% buff. 5/5 Diffusion merits would put it close to 2:10 duration, which is close to the zerg time, and effectively cancels your loss of Dia II out. You do lose ProShellra, so may not be worth it, but also just an idea. Don't forget GEO prebuffs (Attack, def/meva/wilt/vex/attune). Small, but adds up in a non standard format.

We may see shortly a Kaggra or Xolla strat where they do something like this, because they tend to think outside the box and not always rely on the "standard" party formation. It might be worth a try, or not if you don't care to. Just a fun thought, since you're further ahead on your Bumba conquest than I am.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-01-23 15:40:28  
WHM can also black halo with yag on, or even mystic boon since it's non SC property
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-01-23 16:13:21  
I got Moogle Mastery X in Sheol B when my 10th NM hit 3 kills.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-23 16:16:00  
I was just having fun in my post theorygizing some alternate setups. The answer to a faster zerg might already be out there, though.

Before Savage Blade allthethings become the meme/meta for Bumba 15, JP put out a video exploiting the elemental absorb mechanic by specifically creating SCs to deal a ton of damage. We have always played it safe with Savage Blade, but JP players were utilizing the skillchain damage strategically in order to take it down before the 4-minute aura by exploiting Darkness Rayke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHZIqZK50cQ

Might end up seeing a revival of this (some luck involved) strat at some point, since the extra SC damage does add up a lot over the course of the fight. (THF can close Darkness very well :))
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2022-01-23 20:25:44  
DNC seems > GEO yeah but Yaegasumi is probably a wipe.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-01-24 05:35:35  
For those of you struggling with the pig on Arebati, you can somewhat kite it on a Bard. Have the Scholar Casper after the add spawns (ideally when you ranger is capped) Mordant Rime the pig at 3k tp and just spam songs on yourself till it is on you, during our clear I was able to get the pig to the top of the ramp with mordant on giving your scholar/group a bit of time to just focus on the tiger. We cleared our Tiger with Defense Down Aura for context because the pig was kited.

I have been doing this on most fights that have an add we don't take a RDM too, and it has worked on Ongo and would imagine it works on any fight you can bring a SCH to.
First Page 2 3 ... 165 166 167 ... 238 239 240